• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GAPPS][CLOSED][5.x] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HebeGuess

May 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Updates for Android System Webview

..and its a Good and Bad scenarios.

Good part is I got it working by tweaking single line, Google made it fairly easy for OEMs to switch.
Bad part is it laid on a compiled code in system; It might not be feasible for us to flash like PA-Gapps.

More details here tomorrow, maybe on new thread. :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-14-23-30-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-14-23-30-29.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 3,771
  • Screenshot_2015-03-15-01-39-58.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-15-01-39-58.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 3,758
Reactions: TKruzze

guardian_uk

Apr 16, 2007
Help with customising GApps installation!

Can someone kindly explain just how to use the scripting ability of the GApps package? I have read the first page completely and even searched the thread, but I am still confused. I basically want to use the Stock Google package as the base, and just remove certain AOSP and Google apps such as Launcher, Play Books, Play Music, Earth, etc. :confused::confused::crying::crying:

Would actually really appreciate it if someone could make and give me the gapps-config file scripted to remove apps. One app is more than enough, I will add the others myself. :eek:

panart

Can someone kindly explain just how to use the scripting ability of the GApps package? I have read the first page completely and even searched the thread, but I am still confused. I basically want to use the Stock Google package as the base, and just remove certain AOSP and Google apps such as Launcher, Play Books, Play Music, Earth, etc. :confused::confused::crying::crying:

Would actually really appreciate it if someone could make and give me the gapps-config file scripted to remove apps. One app is more than enough, I will add the others myself. :eek:

If i'm not mistaken the script for removal of apps is only for stock AOSP apps so it cannot be used for Google apps.
I attach the script i use to remove all AOSP CM12 apps (except FM Radio) as i prefer to use the equivalent Google apps and/or 3rd party apps.
If you do not want to remove an app listed in the txt file i attach remove that line and if you want to remove the FM Radio add a line with "FM Radio".
To use the script put the txt file in the same folder you placed the GApps file and then flash the GApps file.

Attachments

• gapps-config.txt
    185 bytes · Views: 220
Last edited:
Reactions: guardian_uk

MikeRL100

Jun 20, 2012
..and its a Good and Bad scenarios.

Good part is I got it working by tweaking single line, Google made it fairly easy for OEMs to switch.
Bad part is it laid on a compiled code in system; It might not be feasible for us to flash like PA-Gapps.

More details here tomorrow, maybe on new thread. :cool:
I've serached all over the place and cannot find what I should change. What did you change? If stuff breaks, I can always revert back, right? I know there's holes in the AOSP webview on 5.0.x, so please elaborate if possible. Thanks.

Anyhow, speaking of modding PA GAPPs, which you shouldn't do, I did it earlier this week when 5.1 just came out. I'm wiping a beta again after I wipe cache, dalvik, and system.. I don't expect support for it, but I also expect not many issues. I can always wipe again.

As for the new Google Play Webview, I read that on the #chromium IRC channel on Freenode that Google has plans to coordinate webview patches with custom ROMs. They couldn't specify how, but they plan on doing so soon. Imagine what a headache it would cause for everyone, including developers and Google, if we had multiple webviews like on iOS. That would drive away development, including Play Store income. Don't think they want that.

mikeoswego

May 4, 2014
Northern Indiana
I basically want to use the Stock Google package as the base, and just remove certain AOSP and Google apps such as Launcher, Play Books, Play Music, Earth, etc.

If using the stock GApps package, it will delete the stock Launcher and replace it with the Google Now launcher (unless you say otherwise in .gapps-config). Then if you want certan Google Apps to not be installed:
  • Use your file manager and go to the same folder that you've placed the downloaded GApps installer
  • Create a new file in the folder named .gapps-config (make sure your file manager is set to show hidden files.)
  • Use the file manager editor to edit the .gapps-config file.
  • Put the following 3 lines in the .gapps-config file to not install the apps you listed:
Books
Music
Earth

Reboot to recovery and flash the PA-GApps installer.

TKruzze

Jul 25, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
PA GApps Update Announcement

PA GAPPS - MARCH 15 UPDATE

MARCH 15, 2015 - 20150315
  • gapps-config now supports comments [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
    - See ADVANCED FEATURES & OPTIONS for a more detailed explanation
    - All characters following a '#' will be ignored until the end of that line
    - Comments and empty lines will be removed from the gapps-config shown in pa_gapps_log.txt
    - Both the original and processed gapps-config files will now be included in pa_gapps_debug_logs.tar.gz as gapps-config_original.txt and gapps-config_processed.txt
    - Thanks to @michelsberg for BOTH the idea AND the code!
  • Google Play services updated to v7.0.96 (1785884-43x) [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
  • Google Play Store updated to v5.3.6 [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro/Nano/Pico]
  • Google Calendar no longer has the 'Clean Install' Requirement [Stock/Full/Mini/Micro]
    - Requirement remains for Google Camera and Keyboard. See FAQ #3 for complete details
  • Google+ updated to v5.1.0.88070530 [Stock/Full/Mini]
  • Maps updated to v9.5.1 (#905100124) [Stock/Full/Mini]
  • Messenger updated to v1.2.036 (1773886-39) [Stock/Full]
  • Chrome Browser updated to v41.0.2272.92 [Stock/Full/Chrome Addon]
  • Google Drive updated to v2.2.083.22.36 [Stock/Full]
  • Google Play Books updated to v3.3.33 [Stock/Full]
  • Google Play Music updated to v5.8.1835R.1777180 [Stock/Full]
  • Cloud Print updated to v1.17b [Stock/Full]
  • Chrome Beta updated to v42.0.2311.38 [Chrome Beta Addon]

Last edited:

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
What version of smali do you use to deodex the nexus 6 Android 5.1 factory image? I've tried smali 2.0.5 and also the latest smali source code from github and my classes.dex files are still different than the ones you have inside the system apk files. I would like to try and reproduce it.

TKruzze

Jul 25, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
What version of smali do you use to deodex the nexus 6 Android 5.1 factory image? I've tried smali 2.0.5 and also the latest smali source code from github and my classes.dex files are still different than the ones you have inside the system apk files. I would like to try and reproduce it.
You'll never be able to duplicate a hash. Even if you do it locally on your machine. I'm using an oat2dex.jar, based on smali 2.0.3, same as I used when deodexing the 5.0.x factory image.

Reactions: dialog93

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
You'll never be able to duplicate a hash. Even if you do it locally on your machine. I'm using an oat2dex.jar, based on smali 2.0.3, same as I used when deodexing the 5.0.x factory image.

AFAIK, the oat2dex.jar just searches for some magic numbers to separate out the dex files. The actual classes.dex is still generated by smali. I've tried using smali 2.0.3 and 2.0.5, but I keep getting "nop" codes where there should be actual opcode calls. The jar files in the framework are fine, but I cant seem to duplicate the classes.dex within some of the apk files, such as SetupWizard.apk from the N6 factory image. After I parse out the dex files from the oat files, I use baksmali and smali on them. I've noticed that there are bug reports on the smali homepage that are related to these same issues. I was just curious how you got the classes.dex to contain actual opcodes where mine has nop.

Example:

wrong deodexed output sample:

#disallowed odex opcode
#iput-wide-volatile v0, v1, Landroid/system/OsConstants;->CAP_AUDIT_CONTROL:I
nop

move v0, v0

Correct deodexed output sample:

invoke-virtual {v1}, Ldalvik/system/profiler/BinaryHprof$Tag;->ordinal()I

Last edited:

dark'em

Aug 4, 2012
Chiajna, Ilfov
if i'll install ANDROID 5.1 gapps on 5.0.2 cm12 rom, it will cause problems?

If there wouldent be any problems we would have just one zip for 5.0 and 5.1, but if hte op put different links up there will be problems. Flash the one that is for the version you have, they are the same, the place they go when flashing them is probably different, but they are the same version :good:

xeltos

Nov 6, 2012
Nexus 4 (16 GB),TWRP 2.8.5.2, Euphoria Rom 8March2015
Having trouble with TWRP giving Error code 70 when I try to flash Current Gapps "pa_gapps-modular-full-5.0.1-20150315-signed" (366 MB) Or the "Stock" (437 MB) one.It says not enough space.
But I can flash The "pa_gapps-stock-5.0.1-RC3-20150201-signed" which is 427 MB. Why is this happening.
All my partitions are stock sized.
Also I formatted the /System /Data /Cache partition before flashing. So the system partition must have only ROM on it.
I have 6 GB free space in my internal SD.

Recovery and PA Gapps logs are attached with the post.

UPDATE: Appears to be issue with Euphoria Rom march 8 build for Nexus 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: gsutton

yodanutz01

Jan 25, 2011
Bucharest
I just installed latest 5.1 stock gapps package over Rastapop 5.1 and after reboot i don't have any gapps installed! What's wrong ?
Using latest TWRP, and tried already 5 times. It says that installation was succesful but no gapps were installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: androidfreak007

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
I just installed latest 5.1 stock gapps package over Rastapop 5.1 and after reboot i don't have any gapps installed! What's wrong ?
Using latest TWRP, and tried already 5 times. It says that installation was succesfully but no gapps were installed.

Have you flashed zero modular package instead of full, mini, micro, nano or pico? If yes, that's the feature of the smallest zero gapps, no gapps at all :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread closed due to op retirement
    Thread Closing Announcement

After spending some time away from XDA, I have decided to take an extended break from providing and maintaining PA GApps. While I am leaving the door open to a possible return, I will be closing down my threads here on XDA at this time. And, although I won't be closing my XDA account, I probably won't be responding to PM's either.

While I had considered a move to Google+, it became apparent that even though I would have more control over things on G+, more work would also be requried to maintain things to the standard I had previously set here on XDA. Clearly, this is not a valid option for me at this time.

I'd like to thank the regular participants of my threads here on XDA. It was your participation and support that kept me motivated the past two years I've provided this free service and it's my interaction with you folks I'll miss most. Best of luck to y'all and perhaps our paths will cross again.