• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GAPPS][CLOSED][5.x] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
@TKruzze could I possibly test your version of oat2dex.jar to see if it solves my opcode issue with certain apks? I have a version of oat2dex.jar that was posted in the smali bug report section, but I have a feeling it's not the same as your version. Best regards.

Edit: either the problem is with oat2dex.jar or I need to apply the patch to the smali code for lollipop that was posted by _riddle https://code.google.com/p/smali/issues/detail?id=225

Is your version of smali patched or are you using an unchanged release version of smali?

Last edited:

bautrupp

Jul 24, 2011
I just installed latest 5.1 stock gapps package over Rastapop 5.1 and after reboot i don't have any gapps installed! What's wrong ?
Using latest TWRP, and tried already 5 times. It says that installation was succesful but no gapps were installed.
This problem exsists for some time and was brought up in this thread before.
- flash rastapop
- reboot
- go back to recovery
- wipe data
- flash gapps
Works for me.

dstrub93

Dec 8, 2014
Adelaide
Gonna sound like a really silly question but I'm not exactly smart in this field with gapps, BUT, the links provided are for 5.0.1 and 5.1 respectively, what do I do with CM12 which is 5.0.2? :p

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2008
Bucharest
HTC One S
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Gonna sound like a really silly question but I'm not exactly smart in this field with gapps, BUT, the links provided are for 5.0.1 and 5.1 respectively, what do I do with CM12 which is 5.0.2? [emoji14]
For both 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 ROMs flash the 5.0.1 GAPPS. For 5.1.x ROMs flash 5.1 GAPPS

Sent from nowhere over the air...

Reactions: dstrub93

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Script

Ive figured out what my problem was. First, I needed a newer version of oat2dex.jar from _riddle. Second, the reason why i did not have all the right opcodes is because I needed to first run oat2dex.jar on boot.oat and then point to the correct class path when deodexing the applications. Anyways, its working now. I thought I would post the script I made that I use with nautilus file explorer to just right click on a odex file and have it automatically fix it.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

FILE="$1"
NOEXT=${FILE%\.*}
OUTDEX=classes.dex

if [[ ! -f $NOEXT.apk ]] && [[ ! -f $NOEXT.jar ]]; then
  echo "No suitable targets found. Exiting."
  exit
fi

if [ ! -d dex ]; then
  java -jar /usr/local/bin/oat2dex.jar boot boot.oat
fi

java -jar /usr/local/bin/oat2dex.jar "$FILE" ./dex

java -jar /usr/local/bin/baksmali.jar -a 22 -x "$NOEXT".dex -o deodex

#if [[ $NOEXT == *"classes2"* ]]; then
#  OUTDEX=classes2.dex
#else
#  OUTDEX=classes.dex
#fi

java -jar /usr/local/bin/smali.jar -a 22 deodex -o $OUTDEX

if [ -f $NOEXT.apk ]; then
  7za u -tzip "$NOEXT".apk $OUTDEX
  zipalign 4 "$NOEXT".apk "$NOEXT"-aligned.apk
  mv "$NOEXT"-aligned.apk "$NOEXT".apk
  echo
  echo "$OUTDEX is successfully inserted into the target file"
elif [ -f $NOEXT.jar ]; then
  7za u -tzip "$NOEXT".jar $OUTDEX
  echo
  echo "$OUTDEX is successfully inserted into the target file"
else
  echo
  echo "$OUTDEX was NOT inserted into the target file."
fi

rm -rf deodex
rm $OUTDEX 
rm "$NOEXT".dex

#read -p "Press Enter Key to continue..."

Edit: forgot to add the classpath. fixed.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

@TKruzze
Since I am able to verify the procedure, Ive found a bug in your framework. There is a class path problem with one of the framework jars in your 5.1 gapps package and it probably has to do with smali.

Code:
diff -ru com.google.android.maps-out com.google.android.maps.pa-out
diff -ru com.google.android.maps-out/com/google/android/maps/InternalR$styleable.smali com.google.android.maps.pa-out/com/google/android/maps/InternalR$styleable.smali
--- com.google.android.maps-out/com/google/android/maps/InternalR$styleable.smali	2015-03-15 14:54:29.680986830 +0100
+++ com.google.android.maps.pa-out/com/google/android/maps/InternalR$styleable.smali	2015-03-15 15:00:45.712986537 +0100
@@ -56,7 +56,9 @@

check-cast v0, [I

-    check-cast v0, [I
+    nop
+
+    nop

sput-object v0, Lcom/google/android/maps/InternalR$styleable;->MapView:[I

I know that the "nop" codes are incorrect on your version of com.google.android.maps.jar because I've compared them to a version that did not require deodexing.

Last edited:

Darkmasterhk

Dec 28, 2012
Kassel
@ The people with no deep sleep at all (SystemUpdateService issue) try opening the google settings app,
wait 2sec and wipe it from recents. works for me on 2 devices, but sadly you must do it every reboot.

TKruzze

Jul 25, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
This was not the best decision, it would have been better if you used 7.0.86, starting 7.0.87 a bug was introduced by Google with "SystemUpdateService" that keeps your phone awake all the time.
You just don't get it, do you? These are Google's apps, not mine. These GApps will always includes the latest versions that Google has made available for public release. I have no plans to impose mine, or anyone else's preferences on what apps or versions are included.

Nexus 4 (16 GB),TWRP 2.8.5.2, Euphoria Rom 8March2015
Having trouble with TWRP giving Error code 70 when I try to flash Current Gapps "pa_gapps-modular-full-5.0.1-20150315-signed" (366 MB) Or the "Stock" (437 MB) one.It says not enough space.

UPDATE: Appears to be issue with Euphoria Rom march 8 build for Nexus 4.
Have you read the log? Everything you need to know is in there. I have also created an extensive FAQ that will answer almost any question you might have. Spend some time there as well.

I just installed latest 5.1 stock gapps package over Rastapop 5.1 and after reboot i don't have any gapps installed! What's wrong ?
Using latest TWRP, and tried already 5 times. It says that installation was succesful but no gapps were installed.
No logs, No help. Read FAQ #4.

Gonna sound like a really silly question but I'm not exactly smart in this field with gapps, BUT, the links provided are for 5.0.1 and 5.1 respectively, what do I do with CM12 which is 5.0.2? :p
Huh? I just checked the OP and the links are named "ANDROID 5.1 DOWNLOAD LINKS" and "ANDROID 5.0.x DOWNLOAD LINKS". The little 'x' was intended to mean any number... 5.0.1, 5.0.2, etc.

Since I am able to verify the procedure, Ive found a bug in your framework. There is a class path problem with one of the framework jars in your 5.1 gapps package and it probably has to do with smali.
No offense, but I did not receive a single error during the deodex process. I even did it twice to verify. I'm also still on Java 7. Half the problems people are having are related to Java 8, IMO. To be honest, there have been a couple of million downloads and installs of GApps prepared with the method I used to deodex. I really don't have the interest or time available to pursue this further,

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
I did not have any errors during the process either.I am also using the latest java 7. This is not a procedural error. It has to do with a problem with the tools used. If you are not interested in these findings, then that's fine. That's why I do my own.

Besides, if you don't believe me just compare your framework with the framework on the nexus 7 factory image that does not require any deodex processes. You can see yours is wrong.

Last edited:

curtdragon

Dec 14, 2010
Nashville
Anyone else getting Exchange errors with 5.1? I use Gmail and the account loads, my folders load but I don't receive any email. I also cannot clear data from the Gmail app at all. (not sure if that last bit is normal)

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
It's most likely a problem with exchange because that is new from the n6 factory image. Try replacing exchange with the latest version on apkmirror.com.

christiano88

Jan 14, 2009
Bucuresti
You just don't get it, do you? These are Google's apps, not mine. These GApps will always includes the latest versions that Google has made available for public release. I have no plans to impose mine, or anyone else's preferences on what apps or versions are included.

Whoa whoa! What's with the passive-aggressive stance? You should appreciate my feedback, really. I'm not making you do anything.

TKruzze

Jul 25, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
It probably has to do with the broken deodex process.
Whoa whoa! What's with the passive-aggressive stance? You should appreciate my feedback, really. I'm not making you do anything.
I'd like to thank the both of you for helping me finalize a decision I've been debating for quite some time.

I have decided to shut down my threads here on XDA. I am going to spend the next few days settings things up on G+ and then I will close things down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread closed due to op retirement
    Thread Closing Announcement

After spending some time away from XDA, I have decided to take an extended break from providing and maintaining PA GApps. While I am leaving the door open to a possible return, I will be closing down my threads here on XDA at this time. And, although I won't be closing my XDA account, I probably won't be responding to PM's either.

While I had considered a move to Google+, it became apparent that even though I would have more control over things on G+, more work would also be requried to maintain things to the standard I had previously set here on XDA. Clearly, this is not a valid option for me at this time.

I'd like to thank the regular participants of my threads here on XDA. It was your participation and support that kept me motivated the past two years I've provided this free service and it's my interaction with you folks I'll miss most. Best of luck to y'all and perhaps our paths will cross again.