• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GAPPS][CLOSED][5.x] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
I'd like to thank the both of you for helping me finalize a decision I've been debating for quite some time.

I have decided to shut down my threads here on XDA. I am going to spend the next few days settings things up on G+ and then I will close things down here.

TKruzze.. Thank you for your great work, time and dedication . There are many thousands more here who are very grateful for your work.

D

Darth

Let's keep personal comments to pm's and out of the public threads. And keep things respectful in the forum or in pm's.

Thanks all!

Darth
Forum Moderator

Dan1234567890

Dec 27, 2012
Sorry for OT or if this is obvious to somebody, but what are the benefits of moving to g+?
Because you have more control of the thread? You can ban users?

I've been following few communities on g+ that were before on xda, but I didn't fully understand the difference.... Except that now I have to use g+ app to follow some threads :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

sanguinesaintly

Apr 16, 2011
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Have a look at the cm and slimrom posts on g+ and you'll wish you'd never left xda.
On g+ it's like children in a playground sometimes. At least here the majority are seriously interested in the product. But it's your decision and we'd be sad to see you move. Maybe just having active moderators to clean out the thread would help.

Last edited:
Reactions: oranget

kelbaez

Dec 5, 2013
Not for me. Phone still won't go into deep sleep. Installed latest PA Gapps from 20150315 on AICP Rom. Any other way to fix this?

For me this made the trick. For now at least..

* Tasker and Root required
** tested and survives reboot

1. Create a profile based on "Event > System > Device Boot"

2. Add a "Run Shell" action with the command "pm enable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService" and tick the "Use Root" option

3. Add a "Run Shell" action with the command "pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService" and tick the "Use Root" option

4. profit

deep sleep is working like a charm!

Original post:
https://plus.google.com/112425488314892935797/posts/VqubRkcTpEE

jorceshaman

Jul 15, 2013
I'd like to thank the both of you for helping me finalize a decision I've been debating for quite some time.

I have decided to shut down my threads here on XDA. I am going to spend the next few days settings things up on G+ and then I will close things down here.
I appreciate everything you've done for us. Just to clarify though, you'll still be updating them... Just on G+, right? (It's totally okay if you're not. I just want to re-enable G+ on my device and follow you if you are or find a new provider if you're not.)

Thanks,
Josh

munichsfinest

Dec 26, 2013
Munich
For me this made the trick. For now at least..

2. Add a "Run Shell" action with the command "pm enable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService" and tick the "Use Root" option

3. Add a "Run Shell" action with the command "pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService" and tick the "Use Root" option

4. profit

Original post:
https://plus.google.com/112425488314892935797/posts/VqubRkcTpEE
There is an easier way provided by a user in the official CM12 thread: Go to settings, privacy, press the options button in the upper right corner, tick "show integrated apps", scroll to play services and untick wake up, keeping awake and auto start. No wakelock anymore. Definitely works.

Phazmos

Dec 6, 2010
There is an easier way provided by a user in the official CM12 thread: Go to settings, privacy, press the options button in the upper right corner, tick "show integrated apps", scroll to play services and untick wake up, keeping awake and auto start. No wakelock anymore. Definitely works.

I always do this right after setting up the rom. Never had a wake lock issue

kofe

Nov 19, 2012
Bucharest

But that is just a workaround... The problem should be fixed.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Weird. Doesn't seem to be GApps related after all. Just did a clean install of AICP 20150315 + Latest GApps. Only thing I did so far was set up my google account and install CPU Spy. And voila. 97% deep sleep with sync, wifi etc. on .... I don't get it.

Where did u get the gapps? I also cleaned flash of latest AICP and pico PA gapps, and the phone didn`t go into deep sleep...

spider623

Jan 31, 2011
Limassol
Alright, found a permanent solution for the stupid play services wakelock

4. profit

Screenshot_2015-03-10-21-57-21.png
Screenshot_2015-03-10-21-58-06.png

can you please give some more details what it does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread closed due to op retirement
    Thread Closing Announcement

After spending some time away from XDA, I have decided to take an extended break from providing and maintaining PA GApps. While I am leaving the door open to a possible return, I will be closing down my threads here on XDA at this time. And, although I won't be closing my XDA account, I probably won't be responding to PM's either.

While I had considered a move to Google+, it became apparent that even though I would have more control over things on G+, more work would also be requried to maintain things to the standard I had previously set here on XDA. Clearly, this is not a valid option for me at this time.

I'd like to thank the regular participants of my threads here on XDA. It was your participation and support that kept me motivated the past two years I've provided this free service and it's my interaction with you folks I'll miss most. Best of luck to y'all and perhaps our paths will cross again.