[GAPPS][CM12] GioGApps for Lollipop 03-02-2015

Search This thread
G

GI0\/\NNI

Hello everyone!

d3bc47787df6d14879391eafffdcf35e.jpg
03c5309bed36216b218002472ff588b8.jpg

I want to provide you guys the latest Google Apps for the CyanogenMod 12 rom! So let's see what this package offers:

• It will flash on every recovery, because it's using the updater-script without any other Addons
  • It includes all Google Apps which are included in the latest Lollipop factory images for the Nexus devices
  • It will remove the buggy CyanogenMod apps, it will also save some battery and these Apps will give more performance.

Included Google Apps:

Google Books | Google Calendar (replaces CyanogenMod calendar) | Google Chrome (replaces CyanogenMod browser) | Cloudprint | Google Drive | Google Docs | Google Sheets | Google Slides | Google Spreadsheets | Facelock | Google Fit | Google Camera (replaces CyanogenMod Camera) | Google Ears | Google Earth | Google Photos (replaces CyanogenMod Gallery) | Google Home (replaces CyanogenMod Launcher) | Google TTS (replaces Pico TTS) | Google Hangouts | Google Keyboard (replaces CyanongenMod LatinIME) | Google Maps | Google Play Music (replaces CyanogenMod Music) | Google Newsstand | Google Play Games | Google+ | Google Messenger (Replaces CyanogenMod MMS) | Gmail | Google Keep | Google News and Weather | Google Streetview | Google Videos | YouTube | Google Play Services | Google PlayStore | SetupWizard | TalkBack | Google Velvet | Google Wallet | and all the sync apps and voice recognition etc.

Download

Just download the zip and flash in recovery (Tested on TWRP 2.0.8.4, ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.7, CyanogenMod Recovery)
Download: GioGApps 03-02-2015

Last edited:

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
Downloaded fine for me.

I am logged into my gmail account...... Only pointing it out because Gdrive seems to be more friendly to sharing to other gmail users.

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
Your gapps package looks really great, it's a great option for prople who want the full google package. It'd be awesome if you continued it and especially now with PA gaps discontinued, if you choose to do so please try provide another mirror, google drive doesnt let me download them from my phone.

Last edited:
G

GI0\/\NNI

Your gapps package looks really great, it's a great option for prople who want the full google package. It'd be awesome if you continued it and especially now with PA gaps discontinued, if you choose to do so please try provide another mirror, google drive doesnt let me download them from my phone.

Sure I will continue, I was just waiting for upcoming popularity. If you wait a week, I can update, I am currently busy with school.

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
Awesome! Glad to know you'll continue to update it. I'm wondering though, are Fit and Earth are preinstaled on nexus devices? I have the Nexus 7 and I'm not sure

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
Tested on 5.0 and 5.1, works both :)

Great to know as CM said that CM12.1 nightlies should start in about a week, however, I just updated to the newest nightly on my phone, without reinstalling the gapps packag and the apps either weren't there or they didn't remove the stock CM apps (I cant quite tell), was that a bug on my side, or is the feature of them remaining between nightly updates not implemented yet?

Dammit, it also wiped the data of all my google apps

Last edited:
G

GI0\/\NNI

Great to know as CM said that CM12.1 nightlies should start in about a week, however, I just updated to the newest nightly on my phone, without reinstalling the gapps packag and the apps either weren't there or they didn't remove the stock CM apps (I cant quite tell), was that a bug on my side, or is the feature of them remaining between nightly updates not implemented yet?

Dammit, it also wiped the data of all my google apps
Sorry I didn't add addon.d scripts to keep Gapps when installing new zip... Will add them in next release.

G

GI0\/\NNI

Sorry for delay, school is killing me and PC is broken, wait a little time.

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
Sorry for delay, school is killing me and PC is broken, wait a little time.

Hey, no worries about the update time, but I noticed that version of WebView isn't the same as the one in Play Store (it doesn't update) is there one with Google signature and one from AOSP? If that's the case it'd be awesome if you could include it in the next update.

PS I sent you a DM about this, not sure if you noticed it

Tennic

Aug 16, 2013
It would be possible to put a configuration file to prevent the installation of all app? In my Nexus 4 perhaps there is insufficient space (in the system partition) :eek:
Then there would be some applications that prefer not to install, for example:
Google Calendar: I prefer "CyanogenMod calendar"
Google Photos: I prefer "CyanogenMod Gallery"
Google Messenger: "CyanogenMod MMS"

Thanks for your work :)