[GAPPS][DAILY] Open GApps for Android; All Android Versions & Devices

KaZo58

Nov 13, 2009
Germany
Hello! I don't want CalendarGoogle installed from Mini Package. Your older version worked well. I decided the clean flash ROM & Gapps. I flashed your latest 0506 and used the same config file, but Calendar is getting installed.
Aroma isn't working on my latest TWRP 2.8.6.1

this is my config:
MiniGApps
GoogleNow
Browser
CalendarGoogle
Photos
Hangouts

Last edited:

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
Hello! I don't want CalendarGoogle installed from Mini Package. Your older version worked well. I decided the clean flash ROM & Gapps. I flashed your latest 0506 and used the same config file, but Calendar is getting installed.
Aroma isn't working on my latest TWRP 2.8.6.1

this is my config:
MiniGApps
GoogleNow
Browser
CalendarGoogle
Photos
Hangouts
Did you try deleting the Google Calendar folder from the Gapps .zip? I don't know if it works because the script might not see the folder and run into an error, but it's a good idea for start.

d.casper.b

Jan 7, 2009
Cape Town
ROM not booting when I flashed the gapps (20150605 aroma). Don't know of it's one of the applications or what. I flashed a new rom and open gapps, didn't boot. But when I flashed only the rom and no gapps, it booted.
I'm talking kitkat (4.4)..

Any ideas?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR Maxx (XT910)

MastahF

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2015
The Hague
github.com
ROM not booting when I flashed the gapps (20150605 aroma). Don't know of it's one of the applications or what. I flashed a new rom and open gapps, didn't boot. But when I flashed only the rom and no gapps, it booted.
I'm talking kitkat (4.4)..

Any ideas?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR Maxx (XT910)
Well, I lack a 4.4 testing device, so that is why 4.4 is probably in a broken state. I can only look at the differences between the old PA Gapps 4.4 and the build produced by my scripts.
You would greatly help me if:
a) you could collect and send me the debug logs of the GApps installation.
b) if you could make a full file list of your android device after flashing the ROM, before flashing GApps, using ADB connected to your computer, use the command:
Code:
adb shell ls -laR
c) another full files list of the android device after flashing the GApps on your ROM.

thank you for testing!

d.casper.b

Jan 7, 2009
Cape Town
Well, I lack a 4.4 testing device, so that is why 4.4 is probably in a broken state. I can only look at the differences between the old PA Gapps 4.4 and the build produced by my scripts.
You would greatly help me if:
a) you could collect and send me the debug logs of the GApps installation.
b) if you could make a full file list of your android device after flashing the ROM, before flashing GApps, using ADB connected to your computer, use the command:
Code:
adb shell ls -laR
c) another full files list of the android device after flashing the GApps on your ROM.

thank you for testing!
OK, I've tried, but I've never needed to use adb..I can't get it to see my device.
Also, how will I get a list after the GApps installation if I can't boot up. It doesn't even show me the boot animation?

hanschke

Mar 30, 2007
Velvet.apk 4.6 inside instead of 5.x :rolleyes: but now AROMA installer work fine! Sildes .35 installed instead of .36 and the Ears downgrade was not necesssary :(

Last edited:

KaZo58

Nov 13, 2009
Germany
Did you try deleting the Google Calendar folder from the Gapps .zip? I don't know if it works because the script might not see the folder and run into an error, but it's a good idea for start.
nope. still installed the old calendar 5.1.1 into the system after fresh install. lol. well i'll look for other solutions.

MastahF

Feb 10, 2015
The Hague
github.com
OK, I've tried, but I've never needed to use adb..I can't get it to see my device.
Also, how will I get a list after the GApps installation if I can't boot up. It doesn't even show me the boot animation?
You can use adb when you are in TWRP. Or if you enable 'debugging' via the developer options in settings.

But please try also today's build (June 7), I have tweaked some things on the 4.4 script and my testers are now reporting success, so I hope it might now also work for you! :)

Reactions: d.casper.b

WnG88

Jul 29, 2006
Toronto
Keep failing download of aroma version from github on my phone. It almost completes then fails on last few MB. Can't resume download either. With a 500mb file this is annoying. Any mirror that supports resume?

SD card has space.

Sent from my Sensation using XDA Free mobile app

mundano

Jun 21, 2010
OnePlus X
Great job with this gapps.

Only problem is Github that is so slow. I have to try like 50 times until I can get the whole file. And even when it doesn't fail it takes more that an hour to download a 500mb file...

Vinpinto

Dec 18, 2011
NY
excellent work guys, just a sugestion, all gapps packages install apps on system partition , that's why there is so many packages, stock, mini, micro etc., why not install core apps in system partition and the rest in the internal memory?

d.casper.b

Jan 7, 2009
Cape Town
excellent work guys, just a sugestion, all gapps packages install apps on system partition , that's why there is so many packages, stock, mini, micro etc., why not install core apps in system partition and the rest in the internal memory?
You can if you want, but the idea is to fully utilise your system partition's space. What's the point in having 500+ MB of space left in your system partition?

The KK GApps as of 20150607 is working now for me. The only problem I encountered was that Google Keyboard (the one installed with the ROM) was force closing and I was unable to use it. I just did a fresh install now and installed the Google Keyboard included in the GApps package and it works now.

QUESTION: OK, Firstly I'm talking KK.. Say I use the AROMA package and I do my selections etc and I save the selections and then flash..
Now I want to test out a LP ROM, so I go ahead and queue the LP AROMA package to flash, will it now look at the selections I'd previously used in the KK package or are they kept separate (the latter being what I'm hoping for)?

Kind regards

MastahF

Feb 10, 2015
The Hague
github.com
You can if you want, but the idea is to fully utilise your system partition's space. What's the point in having 500+ MB of space left in your system partition?
Exactly :)

The KK GApps as of 20150607 is working now for me. The only problem I encountered was that Google Keyboard (the one installed with the ROM) was force closing and I was unable to use it. I just did a fresh install now and installed the Google Keyboard included in the GApps package and it works now.
Happy to hear that the 4.4 ROM is working now. It is kind of hell to support KitKat (TKruzze did drop the support for 4.4 for a good reason) but I am very committed to have (and keep) KitKat supported by the scripts, since so many users are still on CM11 and plenty of devices are stuck with KitKat. Pity is just that it takes a lot of hours to get it working, and I will have to get creative for backporting the newest script improvements to KitKat.

QUESTION: OK, Firstly I'm talking KK.. Say I use the AROMA package and I do my selections etc and I save the selections and then flash..
Now I want to test out a LP ROM, so I go ahead and queue the LP AROMA package to flash, will it now look at the selections I'd previously used in the KK package or are they kept separate (the latter being what I'm hoping for)?
I think @raulx222 will be able to answer this question for you.

For everybody interested: today a new TK GApps was released. I had asked @TKruzze to include a (GPL) license to be able to backport his changes to Open GApps and I am glad that he did so. :)
So next nightly will also include a backport of his new 'Universal Application Removals' feature, which will still have to be tested by some daring users ;)
This new feature has also been backported for KitKat, but with very ugly code, so please test it (and use protection!).