• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GAPPS][DAILY] Open GApps for Android; All Android Versions & Devices

Search This thread

landry314

Nov 10, 2013
I tried to convert the nano gapps package @razorloves has released for Android 11 into a pico package by creating a gapps-config.txt file with only the text "PicoGApps" in it but this did not work.

I studied the installer.sh file inside the zip file to find out why it didn't work. Here are the relevant parts of the script:

--------------------------------------------
# Locate gapps-config (if used)
for i in "$TMP/aroma/.gapps-config"\
"$zip_folder/.gapps-config"\
"$zip_folder/.gapps-config-$device_name"\
"$zip_folder/.gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"$zip_folder/.gapps-config.txt"\
"$zip_folder/gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"$zip_folder/gapps-config.txt"\
"/data/.gapps-config"\
"/data/.gapps-config-$device_name"\
"/data/.gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"/data/.gapps-config.txt"\
"/data/gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"/data/gapps-config.txt"\
"/persist/.gapps-config"\
"/persist/.gapps-config-$device_name"\
"/persist/.gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"/persist/.gapps-config.txt"\
"/persist/gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"/persist/gapps-config.txt"\
"/sdcard/.gapps-config"\
"/sdcard/.gapps-config-$device_name"\
"/sdcard/.gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"/sdcard/.gapps-config.txt"\
"/sdcard/gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"/sdcard/gapps-config.txt"\
"/sdcard/Open-GApps/.gapps-config"\
"/sdcard/Open-GApps/.gapps-config-$device_name"\
"/sdcard/Open-GApps/.gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"/sdcard/Open-GApps/.gapps-config.txt"\
"/sdcard/Open-GApps/gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"/sdcard/Open-GApps/gapps-config.txt"\
"/tmp/install/.gapps-config"\
"/tmp/install/.gapps-config-$device_name"\
"/tmp/install/.gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"/tmp/install/.gapps-config.txt"\
"/tmp/install/gapps-config-$device_name.txt"\
"/tmp/install/gapps-config.txt"; do
if [ -r "$i" ]; then
g_conf="$i"

if ( grep -qiE "^${pkg}gapps\$" "$g_conf" ); then # user has selected a 'preset' install
gapps_type=$pkg
sed -i "/ro.addon.open_type/c\ro.addon.open_type=$pkg" "$TMP/g.prop" # modify g.prop to new package type

It really seems like it should work as I put the file at "/sdcard/gapps-config.txt" and I also tried it at "/sdcard/Open-GApps/gapps-config.txt". $ grep -i makes it case-insenstive so it shouldn't be the issue as long as the case-insitivity continues when the $pkg gets fed into the installer.

I also tried deleting the /system/addon.d/ directory first but that didn't work either.

I also tried disabling encryption (Screen lock = None) in case it couldn't read the config file but that didn't work either.

I then noticed that log files were not being created even though it says on the screen during installation that it created a log file at /sdcard/. It's not there.

Then I saw this code in installer.sh:

if [ "$zip_folder" = "/sideload" ]; then
log_folder=/sdcard

so I am thinking maybe the fact that I am sideloading the zip is the reason. I am on a Pixel 3 blueline and installing LineageOS 18.1 from @razorloves by sideloading from the LineageOS recovery. I am sideloading all zips.

Here are some relevant links:

This is where I got the idea to add the string "PicoGApps" in the config file:

This is where I got the installer for the nano package:

By the way, there is a note in the manual for the gapps config that has never been completed: **[TODO: Add here whether or not you can still use other entries in the config file after downsizing] **. Maybe this could use some updating.

Thank you for opengapps!

Reactions: ipdev

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
I tried to convert the nano gapps package @razorloves has released for Android 11 into a pico package by creating a gapps-config.txt file with only the text "PicoGApps" in it but this did not work.

I studied the installer.sh file inside the zip file to find out why it didn't work. Here are the relevant parts of the script:

<SNIP>

It really seems like it should work as I put the file at "/sdcard/gapps-config.txt" and I also tried it at "/sdcard/Open-GApps/gapps-config.txt". $ grep -i makes it case-insenstive so it shouldn't be the issue as long as the case-insitivity continues when the $pkg gets fed into the installer.

Hi. :)

Is internal storage mounted in Lineage Recovery when adb sideload is active?
If not, it would explain why the config file is not found and logs are not created/saved.

Can you fastboot boot TWRP recovery for your device?
If you can, give it a try and see if you can install using a config-file.

I then noticed that log files were not being created even though it says on the screen during installation that it created a log file at /sdcard/. It's not there.

Then I saw this code in installer.sh:

if [ "$zip_folder" = "/sideload" ]; then

log_folder=/sdcard

so I am thinking maybe the fact that I am sideloading the zip is the reason. I am on a Pixel 3 blueline and installing LineageOS 18.1 from @razorloves by sideloading from the LineageOS recovery. I am sideloading all zips.

"We log in the same directory as the gapps-config file, unless it is aroma or adb sideload"
Code:
# We log in the same directory as the gapps-config file, unless it is aroma
# or adb sideload
if [ -n "$g_conf" ] && [ "$g_conf" != "$TMP/aroma/.gapps-config" ]; then
  log_folder="$(dirname "$g_conf")";
else
  log_folder="$zip_folder";
  if [ "$zip_folder" == "/sideload" ]; then
    log_folder=/sdcard;
  else
  fi
fi

If a config file is found, the logs are created in that directory.
Example, /sdcard/Open-GApps/.gapps-config
The log files would be created/saved in /sdcard/Open-GApps/

When using adb sideload without a config file, the logs would be created/saved to the /sideload directory.
The problem is /sideload becomes read-only while installing so, a different directory (/sdcard) has to be used.

Since the logs are trying to be saved to /sdcard also points out the installer is not finding your config file.

By the way, there is a note in the manual for the gapps config that has never been completed: **[TODO: Add here whether or not you can still use other entries in the config file after downsizing] **. Maybe this could use some updating.

That TODO has been there awhile.
Seems OpenGApps keep getting changed/updated before any one can fully test that option. 🙃

Cheers. :cowboy:

Reactions: mauam and mcfouch

landry314

Nov 10, 2013
Hi. :)

Is internal storage mounted in Lineage Recovery when adb sideload is active?
If not, it would explain why the config file is not found and logs are not created/saved.

Can you fastboot boot TWRP recovery for your device?
If you can, give it a try and see if you can install using a config-file.

"We log in the same directory as the gapps-config file, unless it is aroma or adb sideload"
Code:
# We log in the same directory as the gapps-config file, unless it is aroma
# or adb sideload
if [ -n "$g_conf" ] && [ "$g_conf" != "$TMP/aroma/.gapps-config" ]; then
  log_folder="$(dirname "$g_conf")";
else
  if [ "$zip_folder" == "/sideload" ]; then
    log_folder=/sdcard;
  else
  fi
fi

If a config file is found, the logs are created in that directory.
Example, /sdcard/Open-GApps/.gapps-config
The log files would be created/saved in /sdcard/Open-GApps/

When using adb sideload without a config file, the logs would be created/saved to the /sideload directory.
The problem is /sideload becomes read-only while installing so, a different directory (/sdcard) has to be used.

Since the logs are trying to be saved to /sdcard also points out the installer is not finding your config file.

That TODO has been there awhile.
Seems OpenGApps keep getting changed/updated before any one can fully test that option. 🙃

Unfortunately, TWRP is not compatible with the Pixel 3 on Android 11 systems...

Yes, this is the problem, the /data is not mounted during installation.

Right now, I am trying to modify the installer.sh file and then make a new zip that installs... having issues with that too.

It would be awesome if the gapps-config file could be pushed to the /sideload folder during installation... maybe this could fix the /data not mounting issue on the twrpless phones ;-) .

Thanks for reading my post :) I'm awaiting your official releases for android 11!

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Unfortunately, TWRP is not compatible with the Pixel 3 on Android 11 systems...

Yes, this is the problem, the /data is not mounted during installation.

I guessed that would be the answer. :(
Right now, I am trying to modify the installer.sh file and then make a new zip that installs... having issues with that too.

Take a look at the build scripts on OpenGApps github.
OpenGApps GitHub - Link
It will give you an idea of what differs between packages. (What is removed, replaced and/or changed.)
The installer script is in templates.

It would be easier to just build a pico package.
You could ask razorloves if he can make a pico build also.
Not sure what changes razorloves includes in his builds.

It would be awesome if the gapps-config file could be pushed to the /sideload folder during installation... maybe this could fix the /data not mounting issue on the twrpless phones ;-) .

Not sure if that is possible. :unsure:

Thanks for reading my post :) I'm awaiting your official releases for android 11!

I am not part of any 11 project at the moment. :D
Save for testing L18.1 on flo/deb ;)

giddie

Apr 20, 2012
Birmingham
I'm trying to install LineageOS 17.1 with GApps 10.0 "stock" on my OnePlus 5T (wiped /data) and have run into issues. It seems the boot process freezes once the OnePlus boot logo is displayed, before the LineageOS boot animation starts. The really interesting thing is that it books OK with "pico". Any idea what may be present in "stock" that could be causing issues?

klemi71

Jun 6, 2018
Google Pixel 3
Hello, I'm on LineageOS 17.1 with Open GApps pico. Is there a way to add Android System Webview Dev or Canary? I can't install trichrome.apk when downloaded from apk mirror. I really hope someone can help me out.
Maybe Aroma Installer could solve the problem. But what has to be selected to stay on Pico and just add webview? If webview is installed properly dev version should be downloadable from playstore.
Best regards.

dpeddi

Mar 10, 2007
Hi,

I'm trying to install opengapps tvstock over an aosp android 9 build for a broadcom soc.

before installing opengapps android boot and I can get Launcher3.

Opengapps installation finish correctly but on reboot i never get the LeanbackLauncher nor the setup tungsten.setupwraith. I just have a black screen with the mouse pointer.

I've tried to read logcat *:D but is really a mess and i can't find out why the launcher doesn't come up.

There is some hint or someone that can help me? do you need i open a separate thread?

Thank you

Last edited:

Nezorflame

Hi everyone! Happy holidays :)

A bit late to the party, but here are the new test builds for Android 11.
This time we have a couple of fixes for multiple issues (thanks @Nikhil!) including new QuickWalletAccess APK for PixelLauncher to work properly, and also SetupWizard for ARM (thanks @althafvly!).
Also replaced Play Music for YouTube Music on SDK21+ (since it's not present for lower Android versions).

So, here are the builds: ARM | ARM64

As always, please post your feedback here or in the OpenGApps Telegram group.

Last edited:

Nezorflame

Hi everyone! Happy holidays :)

A bit late to the party, but here are the new test builds for Android 11.

There have been reports that stock+ variants don't boot for some people, so the new builds will be up in a few.
They will include a fix for the missing GMS permission.

EDIT: and they're up: removed

EDIT2: sorry guys, screwed up permissions a bit.
New builds: ARM | ARM64

Last edited:

landry314

Nov 10, 2013
I figured out how to use gapps-config on the Pixel LOS Recovery systems.

You need to push the gapps-config file to the /tmp/install directory right before install because the /data partition is not mounting during install with the LineageOS Recovery.

This is my cute command line to turn the package into Pico:

$ ./adb shell "mkdir /tmp/install/ && echo "PicoGApps" > /tmp/install/gapps-config.txt && echo File to downgrade to the pico package created successfully\! Please sideload opengapps now\!"

I wonder if some kind of note could be added to your opengapps wiki that explains that you need to have the /data partition mounted to read the gapps-config file and that you should push the file to /tmp/install/ first if you aren't using TWRP or a recovery that mounts /data.

And/Or create some kind of error message in the installer.sh script which mentions the /data partition is not available...

Last edited:

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
I figured out how to use gapps-config on the Pixel LOS Recovery systems.

You need to push the gapps-config file to the /tmp/install directory right before install because the /data partition is not mounting during install with the LineageOS Recovery.

This is my cute command line to turn the package into Pico:

$ ./adb shell "mkdir /tmp/install/ && echo "PicoGApps" > /tmp/install/gapps-config.txt && echo File to downgrade to the pico package created successfully\! Please sideload opengapps now\!"

I wonder if some kind of note could be added to your opengapps wiki that explains that you need to have the /data partition mounted to read the gapps-config file and that you should push the file to /tmp/install/ first if you aren't using TWRP or a recovery that mounts /data.

And/Or create some kind of error message in the installer.sh script which mentions the /data partition is not available...
Can you just push a config file to /tmp/install ?
adb push gapps-config.sh /tmp/install/.gapps-config
Then start the sideload like normal?

Does it work if you install the rom from internal storage?
I assume they still have that option.
- Push config file to /tmp/install
- Choose install from internal storage.

If so, add something like this to the wiki.

Note:
To use a config file with LineageOS Recovery.

You need to copy your config file to /tmp/install/ before you begin the install.

Nezorflame

Note:

You need to copy your config file to /tmp/install/ before you begin the install.

There's already a section in the official wiki which describes places for the config file:

The gapps-config file must be named one of the following:
  • .gapps-config (takes precedence)
  • gapps-config.txt
You can have a device-specific gapps-config file. You will need your device name, which you can find in open_gapps_log.txt or in the name of your ROM download. The gapps-config file must be named one of the following:
  • .gapps-config-DEVICENAME
  • gapps-config-DEVICENAME.txt
Device-specific config files will take precedence over the non-device-specific ones.

The gapps-config file must be placed in one of the following folders:
  • the folder containing the Open GApps installer (takes precedence)
  • /data
  • /persist
  • /sdcard
  • /sdcard/Open-GApps
  • /tmp/install

Reactions: osm0sis and ipdev

landry314

Nov 10, 2013
Yes, indeed, pushing the gapps-config file to /tmp/install works fine - i just said that ;-)

$ adb push PATHONPC/gapps-config.txt /tmp/install/gapps-config.txt

No, you can't install from internal storage unless it is mounted and LOS Recovery does not mount /data/ or /sdcard/ to read the installer. or the config file. It must be sideloaded. This is the issue I am talking about.

I like your addition to the wiki!

Note:

landry314

Nov 10, 2013
Yes, indeed, pushing the gapps-config file to /tmp/install works fine - i just said that ;-)

$ adb push PATHONPC/gapps-config.txt /tmp/install/gapps-config.txt

No, you can't install from internal storage unless it is mounted and LOS Recovery does not mount /data/ or /sdcard/ to read the installer or the config file. It must be sideloaded. This is the issue I am talking about.

I like your addition to the wiki!

landry314

Nov 10, 2013
There's already a section in the official wiki which describes places for the config file:

Yes, I have read it. The issue I encountered is that if you place the config file on /sdcard/ thinking it will work, the installer goes through the motions without finding the file. I had to figure out how to do it on my TWRPless phone.

I wonder if /persist/ might be an easier way to store the file...

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
True.
I normally use /sdcard/Open-GApps/.gapps-config ;)

With the bring up of Lineage 18.1 and the lack of TWRP compatibility, more users are going to be using LineageOS recovery.
@landry314 noted the config file was not being read when sideloading opengapps.
Apparently it worked if he created a config file in /tmp/install/

If this is the case, maybe a note page or a section in the FAQ for using Lineage recovery is needed.
Just in case it is not included in the instructions for the Lineage build.

---

Note:

I just tried l18.1 on a Pixel 4a using Lineage recovery.
First time using the new Lineage recovery.
I had no issues using a config file in /sdcard/Open-GApps/
Might be the difference between device/bringup.
Maybe steps used?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---

Steps used.

Installed current Google factory rom to both slots.
Flashed the lineage boot image to both boot_a and boot_b.
Rebooted to recovery.
Selected Factory reset.
- Since this was an initial install.
Used adb sideload to install rom.
Rebooted to recovery.
- To be on the correct slot.
Enabled adb under advanced options.
Used adb to push config file to /sdcard/Open-GApps/
adb push gapps-config.sh /sdcard/Open-GApps/.gapps-config
Used adb sideload to install opengapps-stock.
Pulled /sdcard/ to grab opengapps logs.
Used adb to sideload magisk-canary.
Rebooted to system.

Yes, I have read it. The issue I encountered is that if you place the config file on /sdcard/ thinking it will work, the installer goes through the motions without finding the file. I had to figure out how to do it on my TWRPless phone.
I wonder if /persist/ might be an easier way to store the file...
I would stay away from persist.
Take a look at the issues Pixel(s) have with sensors when persist is messed with.
Two examples.

I need help obtaining a the root/mnt/vendor/persist/sensors folder xda thread - Link
FIXED - Android 10 - Sensors Bug xda thread - Link

Cheers all. :cowboy:

Edit:
PS.
Updates kinda suck.
Lineage recovery for Pixel 4a (not sure if it is all) does not support backup scripts.
Had to reboot into recovery to reinstall opengapps and magisk.
Magisk took but, I had to reboot into recovery once again to reinstall opengapps. WTF?

Attachments

• open_gapps_log.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: curiousrom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re: OnePlus One - Open GApps Pico Insufficient Space - GogleTTS

Sure, see attached. Note: this is the log I get when having installed the Jan. 10 version of OpenGApps pico and then trying to upgrade to the Jan. 15 version.

Would you also need the file open_gapps_debug_logs.tar.gz?

Thanks for the log & infos. :cool: 👍

No need for the "open_gapps_debug_logs.tar.gz" in this case.

So if I understand it correctly, then there's no harm in skipping the googletts package during installation of OpenGApps. And I can still install and update the application via the Play Store -- right?

Yes but there is no point in doing it in your case because updates to your open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20220110 package, including for GoogleTTS, will be downloaded to the /data/ partition which does not have the same size limitation as the system partition where the ROM + Open GApps was installed.

That would be helpful for a new clean install.

I never understood why GoogleTTS is included in Pico which is the Open GApps minimal installation package. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That app is not essential & can be installed later @ any time by the user if he wants it.
    Also, builds are still paused since 20211221? Intentional, or something broke and nobody noticed yet?

I noticed and was glad that the crazy machine churning out daily untested builds was finally stopped.

Better 1 good build a month and stick with it if no issues are reported IMO.
    look at #7219

OpenGApps UNOFFICIAL - MediaFire - Link
    The Android 12 versions are in the SDK31 folder.

But be aware that this is a REAL EARLY release.
    I would not take them for any device in production

setupwizarddefault-x86_64 is accessing a deleted field isCarrierAp of apex package android.net.wifi​

setupwizarddefault-x86_64 is accessing a deleted field isCarrierAp of android.net.wifi.ScanResult and crashes. Since this package (com.android.wifi) is apex so it will be updated by Google automatically and EVERY x86_64 Android 11 device with openGApps installed will crash (bootloop) by this issue after com.android.wifi is updated by oepnGApps itself.
    FYI, This field is removed in this commit: https://cs.android.com/android/_/an...fi/+/c50556db869a1caefab533c64ab640a6ba1ae934

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.google.android.setupwizard.SetupWizardApplication: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: No field isCarrierAp in class Landroid/net/wifi/ScanResult; (declaration of 'android.net.wifi.ScanResult' appears in /apex/com.android.wifi/javalib/framework-wifi.jar)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6724)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThread.java:237)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1913)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7664)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:592)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: No field isCarrierAp in class Landroid/net/wifi/ScanResult; (declaration of 'android.net.wifi.ScanResult' appears in /apex/com.android.wifi/javalib/framework-wifi.jar)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at mm.a(PG:318)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at lr.l(PG:292)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at lr.a(PG:206)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at lr.<init>(PG:112)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at mc.a(PG:141)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at mc.d(PG:50)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at mc.b(PG:79)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at ate.a(PG:36)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at aqz.a(PG:31)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at com.google.android.setupwizard.SetupWizardApplication.onCreate(PG:11)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1192)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6719)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: ... 8 more

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: No field isCarrierAp in class Landroid/net/wifi/ScanResult; (declaration of 'android.net.wifi.ScanResult' appears in /apex/com.android.wifi/javalib/framework-wifi.jar)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Native Method)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: at mm.a(PG:316)

11-25 17:52:43.284 14145 14145 E AndroidRuntime: ... 19 more
    Is it about "AOSP on IA Emulator" on a computer?
    Yes, in the android emulator, with a system-image as provided by the SDK Manager, from google (original post edited as per your request)
    Questions? Use Q&A!
    Please read the FAQ before reporting any bugs or errors!
    If you post in the main thread not having read the FAQ or error message itself, not included a debug log when reporting a malfuction or reporting a Force Closure without a logcat, your post will be ignored by the developers!
    Not because we are evil, but because the same questions keep popping up over and over again and too often we get a "X doesn't work, plz fix" without any clue what is happening. We don't have telepathic connection to your device and all the time unnecessarily wasted on this can't be spend on development of Open GApps itself.

The Latest builds of Open GApps for Android can easily be downloaded from the:

I work on this project for FREE and putting in a lot of hours into it. While not mandatory, donations encourage me to continue to further pursue this project and I'd deeply appreciate them, if you feel generous.
    Donate to The Open GApps Project

Are you a ROM developer and want to hotlink to the latest Open GApps package? Then check this wiki entry for details.
    Please don't publicly mirror the prebuilt packages without explicit consent of @MastahF, to ensure that users will always be directed to the very latest version and the source code of the project.

About The Open GApps Project
    Open GApps is a Google Apps package completely developed by writing buildscripts which allow for the automated creation of new up-to-date packages automatically.
    The development process is completely open-source (GPLv3) and the goal is to have multiple contributors involved, to secure and reinforce the sustainability of Open GApps development.
    Builds are generated every (European) night automatically (if there are any changes) and uploaded to GitHub.

Official AROMA Open GApps package is developed in collaboration with long-time LP-AROMA-developer @raulx222 and has a dedicated XDA thread
    For any questions about the AROMA installer development, please refer to that thread. Of course, general support questions can also be asked in our own Q&A thread.

Official Open GApps For Stock support is developed in collaboration with @Rapper_skull and has a dedicated XDA thread
    For any questions about the GApps for Stock development, please refer to that thread. Of course, general support questions can also be asked in our own Q&A thread.

The x86 package branch of the package is focused on Zenfone support and is maintained by @deadman96385 of the famous Zenfone GApps packages and has its own topic for x86 related questions

For those that cook their own ROM, an AOSP-build mechanism for Open GApps has been developed by @blystad and can be found at GitHub, remember that you should not bundle any pre-packaged Google Apps with any ROMs you want to distribute further though.

To gather all the various APKs that are necessary for the packages our master of the APK Universe @MNBooZe has written a tool called APKCrawler that scrape these from the internet, e.g. from APKMirror, it can be found at GitHub too.

Characteristic of Open GApps:

• Some highlights about the characteristics of the Open GApps packages:
    • All platforms and and all Android versions are supported
    • DPI-optimized support for all Google packages (unlike other GApps)
    • Frequently updated Google Apps: The pre-built OpenGApps.org packages are updated every (European) night (if there are any updated Google Apps available)
    • Strong compression, allowing for relatively small downloads of even the most complete packages
    • Automatic backup: It is not necessary to re-flash Google Apps when you flash a ROM update. Most ROMs support this (addon.d) function
    • The installer checks your device’s capabilities, like the system partition size. It will notify you, before making any changes, if it finds any problems
    • Several package variations, from a Google Super Package (includes all applications that ever shipped on a Google device), to a Stock package that equals the set of applications found on the most current and complete Nexus, to smaller, minimalist packages and an AROMA package that allows graphically selection of what to install
    • A special ‘for Stock ROM’ installation mode that allows to update the Google Apps on Stock ROMs that conform to the original Google Nexus filesystem structure
    • All package installations can be customized to your individual preferences using our Advanced Features and Options

The idea behind this project:
    I believe a big source of the problem for many GApps packages to stay up-to-date (or not be forfeited) is the lack of time for developers to do labour-intensive repetive every time a new google-app apk is released.
    That is why I have taken it upto myself to write some Linux shell scripts to automate the packaging and to share these efforts with the world with the goal to create a team to continue this package together under the name Open GApps.

This project should not be managed by a person, but by a team, so volunteers willing to help are more than welcome!

Open GApps installer uses open source third-party tools, like busybox and xzdec, compiled by @YashdSaraf; See his busybox thread for more info.
    Open GApps is originally based on the now discontinued PA GApps package of @TKruzze and @osm0sis
    Tomorrow there will be 7.0 builds
    Small update concerning Nougat: everything is almost in place, only HotWord Enrollment is not de-odexable yet.
    So tomorrow there will be 7.0 builds, ready for when the first source and custom ROMs will drop.
    Of course beta-quality because they cannot be tested yet, so be careful.
    There are some minor changes, Google changed their keyboard stuff, so there will be no swypelibs possible anymore.
    Google VR Services is backported to all Android versions (so all the way from 4.4 to 6.0) but ofc not yet known how well it will work.
    Also there are some new 7.0 core apps for Google's Shared Android Services (com.google.android.ext.shared; com.google.android.ext.services)
    Trusted Face's unlock has also some major changes, it seems the pittpatt suff is not necessary anymore for 7.0.

That's it for now
    For those who hadn't spotted it yet: we can celebrate 1 year of Open GApps :)
    http://opengapps.org/blog/post/2016/05/09/open-gapps-first-anniversary/
    Sorry to drop in but needed to clean up some unnecessary posts that were burying more legitimate posts to the thread.

Going into someone's thread and demanding they make you something is not only just plain rude, it goes against everything XDA is about. Numerous people suggested a way for you to remove the gapps and you chose to ignore them. The dev isn't going to make an uninstaller just for you. You could also always use root explorer and remove the apps that way too. Anywho, there won't be an uninstaller made so no need to continue this conversation.

Thread Cleaned
    A very small update on the latest Open GApps development focus: Recently most effort went to the APKCrawler project.
    We wanted to mature our playstorecrawler scripts and with the help of @therealssj, who is expert on the Play Store protocol, we were able to make a fully functional crawler for the Play Store (next to our regular crawling of websites like apkmirror). That means we (read: @MNBooZe) are able to fetch APKs for all dpis and all architecture straight from the Google source and greatly helps to have as complete as possible packages for every device available.