[GAPPS][DAILY] Open GApps for Android; All Android Versions & Devices

Search This thread
Just want to share my experience for flashing GAPPS on device: Sweet (Redmi Note 10 Pro)

After flashing latest ArrowOS 12.1,
1. I flashed Magisk, rooted, all working, rebooted back into TWRP
2. I flashed MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip

You got it all wrong.

You need to install the custom ROM + the GApps package in one go without rebooting to system in between so it gets granted some privilege permissions and required hooks.

You can install Magisk later at any time so keep the first boot simple by eliminating that variable.

Check the thread where you found that ROM for installation tips & recommended recovery version.

Note that on A/B partitions devices you need to reboot to recovery to change the active slot after flashing the ROM & before flashing the Gapps package.

DjDiabolik

Jun 25, 2014
Hi boys&Girls....... i have a question about the current OpenGapps and the custom installation.
Try to explain.
MY phone it's a Samsung Note 4 SM-N910F and it's currently flashed the current LOS 18.1.
This is developed and it's maintain upgraded about every month and usually i install the last upgrade every two or three months when the newest build it's be released (it's be developed here -> https://t.me/triplr_dev_users)

My question it's.... usually i made a Dirty Flash over my Phone like this:
1) Reboot to TWRP
2) Wipe "Cache", "Dalvik" and "System" partition
3) After that in order flash -> ROM -> Gapps -> and Magisk

Apparently every time it's ok..... but my question it's different about GAPPS.
Usually i ever used the NANO Package...... it's ok and it's a good solution to my daily usage but recently i have read a news about Google as Finally decided to "ENABLED" his built-in SPAM FILTER DATABASE to italy.

For made this works correctly, if i corrent understand, i need to INSTALL three Google Apps.
- Google Phone
- Google Contacts
and finally the:
- Dialer Framework

It's ok ? All it's correct ?
I have reach this wiki page:

I can look:
The "Dialer Framework" it's installed by Default on ALL Package.. ok for me. The other apps "Google Phone" and "Google Contacts" the very first package contain this two app it's the "STOCK" Package.

My question it's......... if i want to continue to use the "NANO" Package....... i can made a custom install and include also this two addictional apps ?
Or i need to download the "STOCK" package and after that made a custom installation for disable what i don't need like "NANO Package" but leave active the two apps "Google Phone" and "Google Contacts" ?

how does it work ? is it possible to do something like this ?

P.S. Sorry for my BAD English........ a lot of usage of Google translate service :)

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
<SNIP>
P.S. Sorry for my BAD English........ a lot of usage of Google translate service :)
No worries. 🙂

Hi boys&Girls....... i have a question about the current OpenGapps and the custom installation.
Try to explain.
MY phone it's a Samsung Note 4 SM-N910F and it's currently flashed the current LOS 18.1.
This is developed and it's maintain upgraded about every month and usually i install the last upgrade every two or three months when the newest build it's be released (it's be developed here -> https://t.me/triplr_dev_users)

My question it's.... usually i made a Dirty Flash over my Phone like this:
1) Reboot to TWRP
2) Wipe "Cache", "Dalvik" and "System" partition
3) After that in order flash -> ROM -> Gapps -> and Magisk

Apparently every time it's ok..... but my question it's different about GAPPS.
Usually i ever used the NANO Package...... it's ok and it's a good solution to my daily usage but recently i have read a news about Google as Finally decided to "ENABLED" his built-in SPAM FILTER DATABASE to italy.

For made this works correctly, if i corrent understand, i need to INSTALL three Google Apps.
- Google Phone
- Google Contacts
and finally the:
- Dialer Framework

It's ok ? All it's correct ?
I have reach this wiki page:

I can look:
The "Dialer Framework" it's installed by Default on ALL Package.. ok for me. The other apps "Google Phone" and "Google Contacts" the very first package contain this two app it's the "STOCK" Package.

My question it's......... if i want to continue to use the "NANO" Package....... i can made a custom install and include also this two addictional apps ?
Or i need to download the "STOCK" package and after that made a custom installation for disable what i don't need like "NANO Package" but leave active the two apps "Google Phone" and "Google Contacts" ?

how does it work ? is it possible to do something like this ?

You can use a config file to downsize the install.

Advanced Features and Options
OpenGApps - [GitHub] [ Wiki ] - Link

Since Google Contacts and Google Phone are first available in the stock package, you will have to use the stock package with your config file.

I attached the config script I use, (last adjusted to use with WiFi tablets running LineageOS) for reference.
I use the Include option but, that is just my preference. ;)
I use the stock package since I install Google Keyboard and do not installing the AA stub since it is useless on a WiFi tablet. 🙃
I also remove the pre-installed apps that I do not use.​

Cheers. :cowboy:

Attachments

• gapps-config.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 29

Stuntman808

Dec 4, 2022
==============================

MAKE SURE YOU SET A PIN!

==============================

INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY.

App
: open_gapps-arm64-12L-nano-20220311-UNOFFICIAL_MOD

Device: SONY XPERIA 10PLUS

Issue: Looping at Google Setup Wizard.

Fix: Setting a PIN

OTHERWISE (I BELEIVE) THE SETUP WIZARD ENCOUNTERS PERMISSION ERRORS :)

THIS FIX WAS INSPIRED BY THE 8-9 DAYS I SPENT TRYING TO GET CYANOGEN (SHOWIBNG MY AGE HERE) TO WORK ON SOME CHINESE IMPORT WIERD SMARTPHONE (IT WAS A COPY OF A htc SO USED THAT VERSION AND WALAAA BAYBEEEE!, BEASTY PHONE AS WELL, FIRST DUAL SIM DEVICE I EVER SAW! .. OH THE GOOD OLD DAYS.. OH YOUUU! <3 ) SO YH, 8 DAYS SPENT TRYING TO GET CYANOGENMOD INSTALLED TO REALISE AFTER TRYING 10x10x10x10x10x10x10x10 DIFFERENT WAYS TO FINALLY DISCOVER THAT SETTING A PIN WORKED AND WAS MOST LIKELY A PERMISSION ERROR (SELinux IS A NIGHTMARE)

CHEERS MY FELLOW BRETHERIN NERDS N NERDETTES :)

X0X0X0X0X0X0X0

@ipdev @someother_brethering_hashtag_NERD :) :) :)

LUV U GUYS

Reactions: ipdev

DjDiabolik

Jun 25, 2014
No worries. 🙂

You can use a config file to downsize the install.

Advanced Features and Options
OpenGApps - [GitHub] [ Wiki ] - Link

Since Google Contacts and Google Phone are first available in the stock package, you will have to use the stock package with your config file.

I attached the config script I use, (last adjusted to use with WiFi tablets running LineageOS) for reference.
I use the Include option but, that is just my preference. ;)
I use the stock package since I install Google Keyboard and do not installing the AA stub since it is useless on a WiFi tablet. 🙃
I also remove the pre-installed apps that I do not use.​

mmmmmmmmm... ok..... at this point i thinks only to made some test..... for example i can try to pick stock and disable all addictional package to obtain the nano package + google phone and google contacts.

If i understand correctly it's the only two addictional apps to test if the built-in call spam filter it's really works also in italy :)

*EDIT*
Edit my personal gapps-config.txt.
In theory i have download the stock package............... and i need to put that files on same path of zip files correct ?

I use "include" maintain include the PICO and NANO Gapps variant........ commented out all other gapps and include on "ContactsGoogle" and "DialerGoogle".

You thinks it's ok ?

Attachments

• gapps-config.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

taKumoKun

Jan 4, 2023
I installed microg on my poco f1 (using PixelExperience 12 plus) and it wrecked my google apps. I manage to uninstall the microg on magisk while almost all my apps are crashing. And now my playstore's not working. I tried uninstalling and installing a new apk from ApkMirror. But it's still not working. Other google related apps seems fine.

Any idea if flashing gapps on phone could work? Or any other way to fix this? Thanks

guhvanoh

I installed microg on my poco f1 (using PixelExperience 12 plus) and it wrecked my google apps. I manage to uninstall the microg on magisk while almost all my apps are crashing. And now my playstore's not working. I tried uninstalling and installing a new apk from ApkMirror. But it's still not working. Other google related apps seems fine.

Any idea if flashing gapps on phone could work? Or any other way to fix this? Thanks
You don't flash any kind of gapps on PE[+]. Dirty flash PE+ again and hopefully that should clean it up also clear dalvik and cache.

Reactions: satanas17

satanas17

Flashing a gapps pack over an existing one is clearly useless and damageable
Dirty flash your rom and prey 😉😁

master373

Feb 1, 2022

PE has preinstalled gapps.

reaubno

Sep 12, 2022
Saint Paul - FR Brazil
OpenGApps aren't the only ones out there that release GApps packages. Google is your friend (sometimes).

Just search for "gapps android 12", you will find links to others that make these packages. And it doesn't matter if you're running 12 or not.

Very Rude, Gapps is the only one who works in my Phone who is kinda outdated.
Yes i know how to search, i'm ok with it but some other who is new could be scared or intimidated you know. Be more polite.

Edit: NikApps released a version, gonna try it.

Last edited:

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Very Rude, Gapps is the only one who works in my Phone who is kinda outdated.
Yes i know how to search, i'm ok with it but some other who is new could be scared or intimidated you know. Be more polite.

Edit: NikApps released a version, gonna try it.
Wow...umm...OK. If you really think I was rude, then feel free to report it to a mod/admin. I'm sure they'll disagree with you.

It's weird how you can post with no intention whatsoever of being rude, but yet there are people out there that will misinterpret you, no matter what. There's plenty of times in the past when I was a prick to others, but in those cases, it was my intent to do so.

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
will there ever be updated open gaps for future android custom roms. Is teheis he end of open gapps.just wondering.
OpenGapps always seems to be a major Android version behind. And now they are 2 versions behind (12 and 13). On top of that there haven't been any releases since early 2022. I'm not convinced they will ever catch up.

• Sad
Reactions: osm0sis
OpenGapps always seems to be a major Android version behind. And now they are 2 versions behind (12 and 13). On top of that there haven't been any releases since early 2022. I'm not convinced they will ever catch up.

Things like that happen when your team is reduced to essentially one person.

Reactions: ipdev and osm0sis

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Things like that happen when your team is reduced to essentially one person.
Which is why it's better for the "team" to just scrap the project and archive the files, if they get more than a few Android releases behind. For me personally, 3 would be the point I call it quits. And 14 is coming soon. If they can't keep up, then the project is no longer relevant, at least not to people running the most recent Android versions.

Which is why it's better for the "team" to just scrap the project and archive the files, if they get more than a few Android releases behind. For me personally, 3 would be the point I call it quits. And 14 is coming soon. If they can't keep up, then the project is no longer relevant, at least not to people running the most recent Android versions.

Or you could just move on to a different GApps package and stop worrying about (or worse, giving unsolicited "advice" to) the OpenGapps team. If OpenGapps eventually dies, it dies, but until then, let's just wait and see what happens.

Reactions: ipdev and osm0sis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are there any (unofficial) Pico builds for Android 13 yet? I'm asking because mindthegapps include more than minimal functionality and I really only need the stuff required for the Playstore to function...
    Sorry not yet. 🙁

I had a little time this weekend to give it a try and only ended up with two borked (non-booting) attempts.
    I still have to find and fix some permissions and update a few apps before the next try. 🙃

Once I get a bootable (mostly working version) I will share it. 🙃

Hi all. 🙂
    I might be completely wrong but, there seems to be issue(s) with the build servers starting back in May.
    The last builds are 20220503

---

I am not an avid follower/user of TG but every now and then, I log in to check some channels.

Nezorflame's discussion channel.
    December 10th. (About no new builds since May)
    that's when servers went down
    our org. owner is setting up new ones
    no ETA yet but the work has started finally, so I hope to hear something from him soon-ish

December 19th. (About possible a13 build)
    waiting on good news from Maarten regarding new servers, no ETA yet

Cheers all. :cowboy:
    Hey guys. I need some help. I upgraded my phone to a Pixel 7 and decided to install Lineage OS on the old Oneplus 8 (version 20.0). No matter what I do I can't get GAPPS to install.

I tried flashing GAPPS after flashing the OS but that didn't work (unless I screwed up somewhere). When I flashed TWRP recovery the phone went into a bootloop going straight to fastboot. I unbricked the phone by reflashing the original lineage recovery. Using the Magisk module GAPPS didn't work either. All I'm looking for is the Play Store app. I don't know if this is Pico, Nano, Micro, or whatever.

Can anyone please post me a link so I can do this right?
    I don't think there exists any OpenGapps for LineageOS 20 (Android 13) yet. You'll have to use some other Gapps - LineageOS themselves suggest MindTheGapps. As to how, LineageOS usually have instructions for the specific phone.
    Yeah, I don't even want them taking up space on my phone tho

The apps included in a GApps package are installed as system apps and you can't use the small space gain if you delete them unless you hack the System partition's size which is not recommended for most devices.

If those apps were updated that went in the Data partition.

To gain space go to Play Store and click uninstall those apps. It will remove only the updates but keep the original in the System partition.
    Minimal MindTheGapps Android 13

Are there any (unofficial) Pico builds for Android 13 yet? I'm asking because mindthegapps include more than minimal functionality and I really only need the stuff required for the Playstore to function...

These apps included in MindTheGapps can be disabled if you don't need them in Settings > Apps & notifications > Show all > 3-dots > Show system:

* Android Accessibility Suite

* Google (search app)

* Markup

* Android Auto

* Google Text-to-speech Engine or Speech Services By Google in newer GApps packages

* Market Feedback Agent

The rest are required core GApps if you want to be able to use Play Store & receive notifications for some apps that rely on Play Services.

You can re-enable those apps @ anytime if you wish & your choice survives OS updates.
    Questions? Use Q&A!
    Please read the FAQ before reporting any bugs or errors!
    If you post in the main thread not having read the FAQ or error message itself, not included a debug log when reporting a malfuction or reporting a Force Closure without a logcat, your post will be ignored by the developers!
    Not because we are evil, but because the same questions keep popping up over and over again and too often we get a "X doesn't work, plz fix" without any clue what is happening. We don't have telepathic connection to your device and all the time unnecessarily wasted on this can't be spend on development of Open GApps itself.

The Latest builds of Open GApps for Android can easily be downloaded from the:

I work on this project for FREE and putting in a lot of hours into it. While not mandatory, donations encourage me to continue to further pursue this project and I'd deeply appreciate them, if you feel generous.
    Donate to The Open GApps Project

Are you a ROM developer and want to hotlink to the latest Open GApps package? Then check this wiki entry for details.
    Please don't publicly mirror the prebuilt packages without explicit consent of @MastahF, to ensure that users will always be directed to the very latest version and the source code of the project.

About The Open GApps Project
    Open GApps is a Google Apps package completely developed by writing buildscripts which allow for the automated creation of new up-to-date packages automatically.
    The development process is completely open-source (GPLv3) and the goal is to have multiple contributors involved, to secure and reinforce the sustainability of Open GApps development.
    Builds are generated every (European) night automatically (if there are any changes) and uploaded to GitHub.

Official AROMA Open GApps package is developed in collaboration with long-time LP-AROMA-developer @raulx222 and has a dedicated XDA thread
    For any questions about the AROMA installer development, please refer to that thread. Of course, general support questions can also be asked in our own Q&A thread.

Official Open GApps For Stock support is developed in collaboration with @Rapper_skull and has a dedicated XDA thread
    For any questions about the GApps for Stock development, please refer to that thread. Of course, general support questions can also be asked in our own Q&A thread.

The x86 package branch of the package is focused on Zenfone support and is maintained by @deadman96385 of the famous Zenfone GApps packages and has its own topic for x86 related questions

For those that cook their own ROM, an AOSP-build mechanism for Open GApps has been developed by @blystad and can be found at GitHub, remember that you should not bundle any pre-packaged Google Apps with any ROMs you want to distribute further though.

To gather all the various APKs that are necessary for the packages our master of the APK Universe @MNBooZe has written a tool called APKCrawler that scrape these from the internet, e.g. from APKMirror, it can be found at GitHub too.

Characteristic of Open GApps:

• Some highlights about the characteristics of the Open GApps packages:
    • All platforms and and all Android versions are supported
    • DPI-optimized support for all Google packages (unlike other GApps)
    • Frequently updated Google Apps: The pre-built OpenGApps.org packages are updated every (European) night (if there are any updated Google Apps available)
    • Strong compression, allowing for relatively small downloads of even the most complete packages
    • Automatic backup: It is not necessary to re-flash Google Apps when you flash a ROM update. Most ROMs support this (addon.d) function
    • The installer checks your device’s capabilities, like the system partition size. It will notify you, before making any changes, if it finds any problems
    • Several package variations, from a Google Super Package (includes all applications that ever shipped on a Google device), to a Stock package that equals the set of applications found on the most current and complete Nexus, to smaller, minimalist packages and an AROMA package that allows graphically selection of what to install
    • A special ‘for Stock ROM’ installation mode that allows to update the Google Apps on Stock ROMs that conform to the original Google Nexus filesystem structure
    • All package installations can be customized to your individual preferences using our Advanced Features and Options

The idea behind this project:
    I believe a big source of the problem for many GApps packages to stay up-to-date (or not be forfeited) is the lack of time for developers to do labour-intensive repetive every time a new google-app apk is released.
    That is why I have taken it upto myself to write some Linux shell scripts to automate the packaging and to share these efforts with the world with the goal to create a team to continue this package together under the name Open GApps.

This project should not be managed by a person, but by a team, so volunteers willing to help are more than welcome!

Open GApps installer uses open source third-party tools, like busybox and xzdec, compiled by @YashdSaraf; See his busybox thread for more info.
    Open GApps is originally based on the now discontinued PA GApps package of @TKruzze and @osm0sis
    Is it possible to get a test version of the arm version aswell?
    I run arm/arm64 builds of pico, nano and stock for testing.

Once they are tested a bit and seem stable, I upload them to MediaFire.
    MediaFire - Link

Android 12 builds are in the SDK31 folder.
    The 20211218 builds include some permission updates.​

---

Last week I ran SDK32 builds to test on LineageOS.
    LineageOS is merging 12.1.0_r1 into the 19.0 branch instead of creating a 19.1 branch.
    LineageOS Gerrit - Topic 12L - Link
    Edit: I just checked and see they decided to bump up to 19.1 a few days ago.​

Note:
    Now that Android 12L is official, the release props still show as 12 not 12.1 or 12L.
    The build tag was bumped to 12.1.0 and the boot image is now SDK32 but, the kernel version is still showing as 12.0.0
    The boot image was SDK31 on the 12L preview release.​

The only way to determine if you are running 12 or 12L is by checking the SDK level.
    SDK31 = Android 12
    SDK32 = Android 12L

The initial 12L OpenGApps test builds were blind builds and untested.
    I did not have a device/rom to test them on. 🙃

I few days later I was able to test them on a Pixel C, Lineage 19.0 SDK32 build.
    Since it is a tablet, it utilized the large screen layout of SDK32.​

The 12L pico and nano builds seem to be safe.

The 12L stock build had issues with Pixel launcher so, I would suggest not using it for now.
    Unless you are using a gapps config script to customize the install.

Android 12L (SDK32) test builds are currently on gDrive.
    gDrive - Link

Everyone is welcome to give them a try.

Cheers all. :cowboy:

Edit:
    See additional posts.
    Post # 7,316
    Post # 7,319
    Tomorrow there will be 7.0 builds
    Small update concerning Nougat: everything is almost in place, only HotWord Enrollment is not de-odexable yet.
    So tomorrow there will be 7.0 builds, ready for when the first source and custom ROMs will drop.
    Of course beta-quality because they cannot be tested yet, so be careful.
    There are some minor changes, Google changed their keyboard stuff, so there will be no swypelibs possible anymore.
    Google VR Services is backported to all Android versions (so all the way from 4.4 to 6.0) but ofc not yet known how well it will work.
    Also there are some new 7.0 core apps for Google's Shared Android Services (com.google.android.ext.shared; com.google.android.ext.services)
    Trusted Face's unlock has also some major changes, it seems the pittpatt suff is not necessary anymore for 7.0.

That's it for now
    For those who hadn't spotted it yet: we can celebrate 1 year of Open GApps :)
    http://opengapps.org/blog/post/2016/05/09/open-gapps-first-anniversary/
    Sorry to drop in but needed to clean up some unnecessary posts that were burying more legitimate posts to the thread.

Going into someone's thread and demanding they make you something is not only just plain rude, it goes against everything XDA is about. Numerous people suggested a way for you to remove the gapps and you chose to ignore them. The dev isn't going to make an uninstaller just for you. You could also always use root explorer and remove the apps that way too. Anywho, there won't be an uninstaller made so no need to continue this conversation.

Thread Cleaned