[GAPPS][DAILY] Open GApps for Android; All Android Versions & Devices

Search This thread

dpeddi

Mar 10, 2007
Hi,

I'm trying to install opengapps tvstock over an aosp android 9 build for a broadcom soc.

before installing opengapps android boot and I can get Launcher3.

Opengapps installation finish correctly but on reboot i never get the LeanbackLauncher nor the setup tungsten.setupwraith. I just have a black screen with the mouse pointer.

I've tried to read logcat *:D but is really a mess and i can't find out why the launcher doesn't come up.

There is some hint or someone that can help me? do you need i open a separate thread?

Thank you

Last edited:

Nezorflame

Hi everyone! Happy holidays :)

A bit late to the party, but here are the new test builds for Android 11.
This time we have a couple of fixes for multiple issues (thanks @Nikhil!) including new QuickWalletAccess APK for PixelLauncher to work properly, and also SetupWizard for ARM (thanks @althafvly!).
Also replaced Play Music for YouTube Music on SDK21+ (since it's not present for lower Android versions).

So, here are the builds: ARM | ARM64

As always, please post your feedback here or in the OpenGApps Telegram group.

Last edited:

Nezorflame

Hi everyone! Happy holidays :)

A bit late to the party, but here are the new test builds for Android 11.

There have been reports that stock+ variants don't boot for some people, so the new builds will be up in a few.
They will include a fix for the missing GMS permission.

EDIT: and they're up: removed

EDIT2: sorry guys, screwed up permissions a bit.
New builds: ARM | ARM64

Last edited:

landry314

Nov 10, 2013
I figured out how to use gapps-config on the Pixel LOS Recovery systems.

You need to push the gapps-config file to the /tmp/install directory right before install because the /data partition is not mounting during install with the LineageOS Recovery.

This is my cute command line to turn the package into Pico:

$ ./adb shell "mkdir /tmp/install/ && echo "PicoGApps" > /tmp/install/gapps-config.txt && echo File to downgrade to the pico package created successfully\! Please sideload opengapps now\!"

I wonder if some kind of note could be added to your opengapps wiki that explains that you need to have the /data partition mounted to read the gapps-config file and that you should push the file to /tmp/install/ first if you aren't using TWRP or a recovery that mounts /data.

And/Or create some kind of error message in the installer.sh script which mentions the /data partition is not available...

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
I figured out how to use gapps-config on the Pixel LOS Recovery systems.

You need to push the gapps-config file to the /tmp/install directory right before install because the /data partition is not mounting during install with the LineageOS Recovery.

This is my cute command line to turn the package into Pico:

$ ./adb shell "mkdir /tmp/install/ && echo "PicoGApps" > /tmp/install/gapps-config.txt && echo File to downgrade to the pico package created successfully\! Please sideload opengapps now\!"

I wonder if some kind of note could be added to your opengapps wiki that explains that you need to have the /data partition mounted to read the gapps-config file and that you should push the file to /tmp/install/ first if you aren't using TWRP or a recovery that mounts /data.

And/Or create some kind of error message in the installer.sh script which mentions the /data partition is not available...
Can you just push a config file to /tmp/install ?
adb push gapps-config.sh /tmp/install/.gapps-config
Then start the sideload like normal?

Does it work if you install the rom from internal storage?
I assume they still have that option.
- Push config file to /tmp/install
- Choose install from internal storage.

If so, add something like this to the wiki.

Note:
To use a config file with LineageOS Recovery.

You need to copy your config file to /tmp/install/ before you begin the install.

Cheers. :cowboy:

Nezorflame

Note:

You need to copy your config file to /tmp/install/ before you begin the install.

There's already a section in the official wiki which describes places for the config file:

The gapps-config file must be named one of the following:
  • .gapps-config (takes precedence)
  • gapps-config.txt
You can have a device-specific gapps-config file. You will need your device name, which you can find in open_gapps_log.txt or in the name of your ROM download. The gapps-config file must be named one of the following:
  • .gapps-config-DEVICENAME
  • gapps-config-DEVICENAME.txt
Device-specific config files will take precedence over the non-device-specific ones.

The gapps-config file must be placed in one of the following folders:
  • the folder containing the Open GApps installer (takes precedence)
  • /data
  • /persist
  • /sdcard
  • /sdcard/Open-GApps
  • /tmp/install

Reactions: osm0sis and ipdev

landry314

Nov 10, 2013
Yes, indeed, pushing the gapps-config file to /tmp/install works fine - i just said that ;-)

$ adb push PATHONPC/gapps-config.txt /tmp/install/gapps-config.txt

No, you can't install from internal storage unless it is mounted and LOS Recovery does not mount /data/ or /sdcard/ to read the installer. or the config file. It must be sideloaded. This is the issue I am talking about.

I like your addition to the wiki!

Note:

landry314

Nov 10, 2013
Yes, indeed, pushing the gapps-config file to /tmp/install works fine - i just said that ;-)

$ adb push PATHONPC/gapps-config.txt /tmp/install/gapps-config.txt

No, you can't install from internal storage unless it is mounted and LOS Recovery does not mount /data/ or /sdcard/ to read the installer or the config file. It must be sideloaded. This is the issue I am talking about.

I like your addition to the wiki!

landry314

Nov 10, 2013
There's already a section in the official wiki which describes places for the config file:

Yes, I have read it. The issue I encountered is that if you place the config file on /sdcard/ thinking it will work, the installer goes through the motions without finding the file. I had to figure out how to do it on my TWRPless phone.

I wonder if /persist/ might be an easier way to store the file...

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
True.
I normally use /sdcard/Open-GApps/.gapps-config ;)

With the bring up of Lineage 18.1 and the lack of TWRP compatibility, more users are going to be using LineageOS recovery.
@landry314 noted the config file was not being read when sideloading opengapps.
Apparently it worked if he created a config file in /tmp/install/

If this is the case, maybe a note page or a section in the FAQ for using Lineage recovery is needed.
Just in case it is not included in the instructions for the Lineage build.

---

Note:

I just tried l18.1 on a Pixel 4a using Lineage recovery.
First time using the new Lineage recovery.
I had no issues using a config file in /sdcard/Open-GApps/
Might be the difference between device/bringup.
Maybe steps used?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---

Steps used.

Installed current Google factory rom to both slots.
Flashed the lineage boot image to both boot_a and boot_b.
Rebooted to recovery.
Selected Factory reset.
- Since this was an initial install.
Used adb sideload to install rom.
Rebooted to recovery.
- To be on the correct slot.
Enabled adb under advanced options.
Used adb to push config file to /sdcard/Open-GApps/
adb push gapps-config.sh /sdcard/Open-GApps/.gapps-config
Used adb sideload to install opengapps-stock.
Pulled /sdcard/ to grab opengapps logs.
Used adb to sideload magisk-canary.
Rebooted to system.

Yes, I have read it. The issue I encountered is that if you place the config file on /sdcard/ thinking it will work, the installer goes through the motions without finding the file. I had to figure out how to do it on my TWRPless phone.
I wonder if /persist/ might be an easier way to store the file...
I would stay away from persist.
Take a look at the issues Pixel(s) have with sensors when persist is messed with.
Two examples.

I need help obtaining a the root/mnt/vendor/persist/sensors folder xda thread - Link
FIXED - Android 10 - Sensors Bug xda thread - Link

Cheers all. :cowboy:

Edit:
PS.
Updates kinda suck.
Lineage recovery for Pixel 4a (not sure if it is all) does not support backup scripts.
Had to reboot into recovery to reinstall opengapps and magisk.
Magisk took but, I had to reboot into recovery once again to reinstall opengapps. WTF?

Attachments

• open_gapps_log.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: curiousrom
TWRP Not Compatible with Unofficial LineageOS 18.1?

...With the bring up of Lineage 18.1 and the lack of TWRP compatibility...
I just tried l18.1 on a Pixel 4a using Lineage recovery...

Thanks for the detailed post & report. :cool: 👍

I don't see an official TWRP page for the Pixel 4a in https://twrp.me/Devices/ @ the present.

On what are you basing that statement?

Did you see the official TWRP post TWRP 3.5.0 Released ?

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
TWRP Not Compatible with Unofficial LineageOS 18.1?

Thanks for the detailed post & report. :cool: 👍

I don't see an official TWRP page for the Pixel 4a in https://twrp.me/Devices/ @ the present.

On what are you basing that statement?

Did you see the official TWRP post TWRP 3.5.0 Released ?
Not only Pixel devices but, as you noted, there is no TWRP for Pixel 4a.
Devices Google - twrp.me - Website - Link

Even then, only bonito, crosshatch, flame, coral and dragon got updated.
Pixel C (dragon) does not count. It is the Pixel tablet even Google tries to forget.
Dragon was originally released with Android 6.x
Followmsi is a dedicated device maintainer. ;)

From the update note you linked.
TWRP 3.5.0 Released - twrp.me - Website - Link
And finally myself, bigbiff has put in a lot of work over the past year while Dees_Troy is able to get back to helping us again with the Android-11 release. I have started a bringup for an Android-11 merge, and will be working on the Pixel 5 bringup. I hope the progression is shorter in 2021.

An old note from Dees_Troy about Android 10.
TWRP and Android 10 - twrp.me - Website - Link

As @landry314 mentioned, TWRP for Pixel 3 does not support Android 11.

LilBlinx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 17, 2012
Skopje
Xiaomi Poco F3
There have been reports that stock+ variants don't boot for some people, so the new builds will be up in a few.
They will include a fix for the missing GMS permission.

EDIT: and they're up: removed

EDIT2: sorry guys, screwed up permissions a bit.
New builds: ARM | ARM64
Seems like Google Drive is crashing

Code:
01-17 02:13:54.094 21396 21497 E Cello   : [21497:cello_thread] drive_v2_cloud_store.cc:1805:HandleFileResponse Transport error: UNAUTHENTICATED:  when getting https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v2internal/files/root?allProperties=false&featureLabel=android-sync-native&includePermissionsForView=published&reason=1413&reportPermissionErrors=true&supportsAllDrives=true&fields=kind%2Cparents%2Fid%2Ctitle%2CmimeType%2Clabels%2Fstarred%2Clabels%2Ftrashed%2Clabels%2Frestricted%2Clabels%2Fviewed%2CcreatedDate%2CmodifiedDate%2CmodifiedByMeDate%2ClastViewedByMeDate%2CfileSize%2Cid%2Cshared%2CsharedWithMeDate%2CexplicitlyTrashed%2CquotaBytesUsed%2Ccapabilities%2FcanCopy%2Csubscribed%2Ccapabilities%2FcanDownload%2CprimarySyncParentId%2Cmd5Checksum%2CflaggedForAbuse%2CfolderFeatures%2Cetag%2CexportLinks%2Cspaces%2CownedByMe%2Ccapabilities%2FcanEdit%2Ccapabilities%2FcanComment%2ChasThumbnail%2Crecency%2CrecencyReason%2Cversion%2CactionItems%2Ccapabilities%2FcanAddChildren%2Ccapabilities%2FcanDelete%2Ccapabilities%2FcanRemoveChildren%2Ccapabilities%2FcanShare%2Ccapab
01-17 02:13:54.094 21396 21497 E Cello   : [21497:cello_thread] item_query_handler.cc:938:OnCloudByIdQuery Failed to get items from the cloud: MessageLite at 0x7a71c7a1b0
01-17 02:13:54.094 21396 21497 E Cello   : [21497:cello_thread] drive_v2_cloud_store.cc:177:LogBatchResponseWithTrace Transport error: UNAUTHENTICATED:  when getting https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v2internal/files/root?allProperties=false&featureLabel=android-sync-native&includePermissionsForView=published&reason=1413&reportPermissionErrors=true&supportsAllDrives=true&fields=kind%2Cparents%2Fid%2Ctitle%2CmimeType%2Clabels%2Fstarred%2Clabels%2Ftrashed%2Clabels%2Frestricted%2Clabels%2Fviewed%2CcreatedDate%2CmodifiedDate%2CmodifiedByMeDate%2ClastViewedByMeDate%2CfileSize%2Cid%2Cshared%2CsharedWithMeDate%2CexplicitlyTrashed%2CquotaBytesUsed%2Ccapabilities%2FcanCopy%2Csubscribed%2Ccapabilities%2FcanDownload%2CprimarySyncParentId%2Cmd5Checksum%2CflaggedForAbuse%2CfolderFeatures%2Cetag%2CexportLinks%2Cspaces%2CownedByMe%2Ccapabilities%2FcanEdit%2Ccapabilities%2FcanComment%2ChasThumbnail%2Crecency%2CrecencyReason%2Cversion%2CactionItems%2Ccapabilities%2FcanAddChildren%2Ccapabilities%2FcanDelete%2Ccapabilities%2FcanRemoveChildren%2Ccapabilities%2FcanShare%2
01-17 02:14:00.419 21396 21454 E GooglePlayServicesUtil: GooglePlayServices not available due to error 9
01-17 02:14:00.420 21396 21454 E AccountsCentral: [io-3] Error accessing 'com.google' accounts. Returning empty array.

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
@LilBlinx

If you look a little higher in the log do you see something like this.
The errors have changed slightly but they always look something like this.

Code:
12-31 16:26:01.135 12899 12899 E ccl_wif : [vnull] Couldn't find the appropriate version of Google Play Services
Code:
01-09 16:46:24.906  6377  6377 E GoogleApiAvailability: Google Play services is invalid. Cannot recover.
01-09 16:46:24.916  6377  6377 W GoogleApiAvailability: Creating dialog for Google Play services availability issue. ConnectionResult=9

Edit:
If installed from PlayStore, does gDrive work correctly?

Reactions: LilBlinx

LilBlinx

Jun 17, 2012
Skopje
Xiaomi Poco F3
@LilBlinx

If you look a little higher in the log do you see something like this.
The errors have changed slightly but they always look something like this.

Code:
12-31 16:26:01.135 12899 12899 E ccl_wif : [vnull] Couldn't find the appropriate version of Google Play Services
Code:
01-09 16:46:24.906  6377  6377 E GoogleApiAvailability: Google Play services is invalid. Cannot recover.
01-09 16:46:24.916  6377  6377 W GoogleApiAvailability: Creating dialog for Google Play services availability issue. ConnectionResult=9

Edit:
If installed from PlayStore, does gDrive work correctly?
Since it is the newest version, it is impossible to get it updated. Sideloading the newest version with the
Code:
adb install -r -d
command also does not work. But when I did clean flash and tried installing it directly from Google Play Store on, yes it does work.

EDIT: Meaning not installing Drive from OpenGapps packages

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Since it is the newest version, it is impossible to get it updated. Sideloading the newest version with the
Code:
adb install -r -d
command also does not work. But when I did clean flash and tried installing it directly from Google Play Store on, yes it does work.

EDIT: Meaning not installing Drive from OpenGapps packages
This error seems to be growing on all Android 11 gapps builds, not just OpenGApps.
When some apps are installed by third-party (Not installed by PlayStore).

YouTube is complete loss.
Google Maps gives the error but, seems to work if you select it from recent. Gives the error again after you close and reopen Maps.
YT Music and Google Drive worked a few weeks ago when I was looking for apps that give this error.

Not sure how/why it is corrected when installed from PlayStore?
If I remember correctly there was an error in the log when installing YouTube from PlayStore but, I did not see how it was corrected.
Edit: How it was corrected by PlayStore when installing.

Last edited:
Reactions: LilBlinx

LilBlinx

Jun 17, 2012
Skopje
Xiaomi Poco F3
This error seems to be growing on all Android 11 gapps builds, not just OpenGApps.
When some apps are installed by third-party (Not installed by PlayStore).

YouTube is complete loss.
Google Maps gives the error but, seems to work if you select it from recent. Gives the error again after you close and reopen Maps.
YT Music and Google Drive worked a few weeks ago when I was looking for apps that give this error.

Not sure how/why it is corrected when installed from PlayStore?
If I remember correctly there was an error in the log when installing YouTube from PlayStore but, I did not see how it was corrected.
Edit: How it was corrected by PlayStore when installing.

True indeed, Maps is erroring out here too but it works somehow. I believe that there are more apps that have the same behavior.

EDIT: Google Docs spits out warning about not being installed from the Play Store too

jllmoe

Dec 27, 2017
I have a problem with android auto in open gapps aroma installer linage 17 android 10. Not working also I am not able access aa developer settings. Is anyone have a idea. Btw uninstall and clean install servel times

Just installed Lineage OS 18.1 and latest BitGapps, I have to go back a couple of versions to make Google Maps work, and have to go back many versions (May 2020) to make Android Auto not flash closing, BUT after Android Auto is started it says "update needed" and I have to click Accept or Exit, if I click Accept, it will be updated to the latest version and flash close, if I choose Exit, nothing will happen. So I am still unable to use Android Auto.

Personally I do not think this is a GApps issue, because I was able to install many apps including these two from the play store, I have no issue with other apps. I have used the GPS Status and Tool app to reset the GPS data, and cache clean tens of times, the only thing made some improvement was to roll back the version of the app, but this so far still did not resolve the issue for Android Auto. Any suggestion on the Android Auto fix will be highly appreciated.

Reactions: hzr34

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there anything new to say?
    OpenGApps is still pretty dead atm, which is very sad...
    I think it's safe to assume that OpenGApps is dead, it's well beyond the point of simply being temporarily on hold. The devs havent posted in many months, not even to say that it's just on hiatus and will return in the future. And besides that, the last OpenGApps releases are for Android 11, we are now on Android 14, and 15 is coming soon. Even if it comes back, they will have way too much catching up to do for the project to be manageable. There are a few other GApps providers out there that you can try, I'd move on. OpenGApps always was my fave, but I've managed without them.
    What he said. There are other GApps providers like MindTheGapps and NikGapps (which is the one I use) that have taken up the mantle from OpenGApps. NikGapps, in fact, still has releases going all the way back to Android 9 (Pie), and like OpenGApps, provides packages from "core" to "full" depending on how much GApps you need. MindTheGapps, unfortunately, stops at Android 13, so if you're using 14, you're SOL there.
    MindTheGApps has Android 14 builds. I'm using it on an A14 LineageOS gsi ROM right now. The only problem with MTG, is that it isnt customizable. The zips are take it or leave it, you're installing all the components in the zip, or not at all. There is only 1 version (all the zips are the same, excluding hardware/Android version-specific details) which is essentially 1 size fits all. But most other GApps providers have customization in that you can choose which parts you do/don't want. But MTG is also very minimal, it just includes the core GApps components and little to no bloat. So it's not a big deal to me. I don't need all the extra stuff, just Play Services/Play Store/calendar and contacts syncing, not much else.

MTG for Android 14:

I think it's safe to assume that OpenGApps is dead, it's well beyond the point of simply being temporarily on hold. The devs havent posted in many months, not even to say that it's just on hiatus and will return in the future. And besides that, the last OpenGApps releases are for Android 11, we are now on Android 14, and 15 is coming soon. Even if it comes back, they will have way too much catching up to do for the project to be manageable. There are a few other GApps providers out there that you can try, I'd move on. OpenGApps always was my fave, but I've managed without them.

What he said. There are other GApps providers like MindTheGapps and NikGapps (which is the one I use) that have taken up the mantle from OpenGApps. NikGapps, in fact, still has releases going all the way back to Android 9 (Pie), and like OpenGApps, provides packages from "core" to "full" depending on how much GApps you need. MindTheGapps, unfortunately, stops at Android 13, so if you're using 14, you're SOL there.
    Questions? Use Q&A!
    Please read the FAQ before reporting any bugs or errors!
    If you post in the main thread not having read the FAQ or error message itself, not included a debug log when reporting a malfuction or reporting a Force Closure without a logcat, your post will be ignored by the developers!
    Not because we are evil, but because the same questions keep popping up over and over again and too often we get a "X doesn't work, plz fix" without any clue what is happening. We don't have telepathic connection to your device and all the time unnecessarily wasted on this can't be spend on development of Open GApps itself.

The Latest builds of Open GApps for Android can easily be downloaded from the:

I work on this project for FREE and putting in a lot of hours into it. While not mandatory, donations encourage me to continue to further pursue this project and I'd deeply appreciate them, if you feel generous.
    Donate to The Open GApps Project

Are you a ROM developer and want to hotlink to the latest Open GApps package? Then check this wiki entry for details.
    Please don't publicly mirror the prebuilt packages without explicit consent of @MastahF, to ensure that users will always be directed to the very latest version and the source code of the project.

About The Open GApps Project
    Open GApps is a Google Apps package completely developed by writing buildscripts which allow for the automated creation of new up-to-date packages automatically.
    The development process is completely open-source (GPLv3) and the goal is to have multiple contributors involved, to secure and reinforce the sustainability of Open GApps development.
    Builds are generated every (European) night automatically (if there are any changes) and uploaded to GitHub.

Official AROMA Open GApps package is developed in collaboration with long-time LP-AROMA-developer @raulx222 and has a dedicated XDA thread
    For any questions about the AROMA installer development, please refer to that thread. Of course, general support questions can also be asked in our own Q&A thread.

Official Open GApps For Stock support is developed in collaboration with @Rapper_skull and has a dedicated XDA thread
    For any questions about the GApps for Stock development, please refer to that thread. Of course, general support questions can also be asked in our own Q&A thread.

The x86 package branch of the package is focused on Zenfone support and is maintained by @deadman96385 of the famous Zenfone GApps packages and has its own topic for x86 related questions

For those that cook their own ROM, an AOSP-build mechanism for Open GApps has been developed by @blystad and can be found at GitHub, remember that you should not bundle any pre-packaged Google Apps with any ROMs you want to distribute further though.

To gather all the various APKs that are necessary for the packages our master of the APK Universe @MNBooZe has written a tool called APKCrawler that scrape these from the internet, e.g. from APKMirror, it can be found at GitHub too.

Characteristic of Open GApps:

• Some highlights about the characteristics of the Open GApps packages:
    • All platforms and and all Android versions are supported
    • DPI-optimized support for all Google packages (unlike other GApps)
    • Frequently updated Google Apps: The pre-built OpenGApps.org packages are updated every (European) night (if there are any updated Google Apps available)
    • Strong compression, allowing for relatively small downloads of even the most complete packages
    • Automatic backup: It is not necessary to re-flash Google Apps when you flash a ROM update. Most ROMs support this (addon.d) function
    • The installer checks your device’s capabilities, like the system partition size. It will notify you, before making any changes, if it finds any problems
    • Several package variations, from a Google Super Package (includes all applications that ever shipped on a Google device), to a Stock package that equals the set of applications found on the most current and complete Nexus, to smaller, minimalist packages and an AROMA package that allows graphically selection of what to install
    • A special ‘for Stock ROM’ installation mode that allows to update the Google Apps on Stock ROMs that conform to the original Google Nexus filesystem structure
    • All package installations can be customized to your individual preferences using our Advanced Features and Options

The idea behind this project:
    I believe a big source of the problem for many GApps packages to stay up-to-date (or not be forfeited) is the lack of time for developers to do labour-intensive repetive every time a new google-app apk is released.
    That is why I have taken it upto myself to write some Linux shell scripts to automate the packaging and to share these efforts with the world with the goal to create a team to continue this package together under the name Open GApps.

This project should not be managed by a person, but by a team, so volunteers willing to help are more than welcome!

Open GApps installer uses open source third-party tools, like busybox and xzdec, compiled by @YashdSaraf; See his busybox thread for more info.
    Open GApps is originally based on the now discontinued PA GApps package of @TKruzze and @osm0sis
    Is it possible to get a test version of the arm version aswell?
    I run arm/arm64 builds of pico, nano and stock for testing.

Once they are tested a bit and seem stable, I upload them to MediaFire.
    MediaFire - Link

Android 12 builds are in the SDK31 folder.
    The 20211218 builds include some permission updates.​

---

Last week I ran SDK32 builds to test on LineageOS.
    LineageOS is merging 12.1.0_r1 into the 19.0 branch instead of creating a 19.1 branch.
    LineageOS Gerrit - Topic 12L - Link
    Edit: I just checked and see they decided to bump up to 19.1 a few days ago.​

Note:
    Now that Android 12L is official, the release props still show as 12 not 12.1 or 12L.
    The build tag was bumped to 12.1.0 and the boot image is now SDK32 but, the kernel version is still showing as 12.0.0
    The boot image was SDK31 on the 12L preview release.​

The only way to determine if you are running 12 or 12L is by checking the SDK level.
    SDK31 = Android 12
    SDK32 = Android 12L

The initial 12L OpenGApps test builds were blind builds and untested.
    I did not have a device/rom to test them on. 🙃

I few days later I was able to test them on a Pixel C, Lineage 19.0 SDK32 build.
    Since it is a tablet, it utilized the large screen layout of SDK32.​

The 12L pico and nano builds seem to be safe.

The 12L stock build had issues with Pixel launcher so, I would suggest not using it for now.
    Unless you are using a gapps config script to customize the install.

Android 12L (SDK32) test builds are currently on gDrive.
    gDrive - Link

Everyone is welcome to give them a try.

Cheers all. :cowboy:

Edit:
    See additional posts.
    Post # 7,316
    Post # 7,319
    Tomorrow there will be 7.0 builds
    Small update concerning Nougat: everything is almost in place, only HotWord Enrollment is not de-odexable yet.
    So tomorrow there will be 7.0 builds, ready for when the first source and custom ROMs will drop.
    Of course beta-quality because they cannot be tested yet, so be careful.
    There are some minor changes, Google changed their keyboard stuff, so there will be no swypelibs possible anymore.
    Google VR Services is backported to all Android versions (so all the way from 4.4 to 6.0) but ofc not yet known how well it will work.
    Also there are some new 7.0 core apps for Google's Shared Android Services (com.google.android.ext.shared; com.google.android.ext.services)
    Trusted Face's unlock has also some major changes, it seems the pittpatt suff is not necessary anymore for 7.0.

That's it for now
    For those who hadn't spotted it yet: we can celebrate 1 year of Open GApps :)
    http://opengapps.org/blog/post/2016/05/09/open-gapps-first-anniversary/
    Sorry to drop in but needed to clean up some unnecessary posts that were burying more legitimate posts to the thread.

Going into someone's thread and demanding they make you something is not only just plain rude, it goes against everything XDA is about. Numerous people suggested a way for you to remove the gapps and you chose to ignore them. The dev isn't going to make an uninstaller just for you. You could also always use root explorer and remove the apps that way too. Anywho, there won't be an uninstaller made so no need to continue this conversation.

Thread Cleaned