Nexus 7 (2013)
Hi all. :)

My test builds still have some issues. :cautious:
  • Added some permissions.
    GitLab - Commit
  • Pixel Launcher v906 for SDK32 and 31.
    GitLab - Commit
    GitLab - Commit
Leave it to Google to update the sdkVersion and keep the same the versionCode. 🙁

Pulled from stock Google Pixel 6 factory image(s).
SDK31 - [oriole-sq1d.220205.003]
SDK32 - [oriole-sp2a.220505.002]
Need to update more apps (and corresponding permissions) to be more compatible with Android 12/12L. 🙃
Along with some other things.

A big Thank You (y) to all that have tested and helped me out with 12L test builds. :D

Cheers all. :cowboy:

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
Hi all. :)

My test builds still have some issues. :cautious:
  • Added some permissions.
    GitLab - Commit
  • Pixel Launcher v906 for SDK32 and 31.
    GitLab - Commit
    GitLab - Commit
Leave it to Google to update the sdkVersion and keep the same the versionCode. 🙁

Pulled from stock Google Pixel 6 factory image(s).
SDK31 - [oriole-sq1d.220205.003]
SDK32 - [oriole-sp2a.220505.002]
Need to update more apps (and corresponding permissions) to be more compatible with Android 12/12L. 🙃
Along with some other things.

A big Thank You (y) to all that have tested and helped me out with 12L test builds. :D

I just updated from the 20220507 build (with my workaround) to the 20220515 one (without any workarounds), and I can confirm that the Pixel Launcher still works fine.

Reactions: ipdev

kutiz21

Apr 15, 2016
Okay, so some few tests goes by.

Seems like the culprit causing pre-bootanimation bootlooping in my system is me finishing/continuing the Pixel Migrate/Android Setup setup and lets stock apps updates went through.

On fresh wipe. Any boot interruptions won't making Android bootloop.

Hopes this will enlighten something out.

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I run the current test build on lineageos 19 and have a problem with my camera. All camera apps are immediately crashing and other apps that start the camera, can't connect. I looked through the logs and from my limited knowledge it might have to do with gapps, since vrcore seems to crash. May be someone has an idea?

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    2.3 MB · Views: 25

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
I run the current test build on lineageos 19 and have a problem with my camera. All camera apps are immediately crashing and other apps that start the camera, can't connect. I looked through the logs and from my limited knowledge it might have to do with gapps, since vrcore seems to crash. May be someone has an idea?
What phone is it? Does the camera work in LineageOS without any GApps installed? If you reflash and then use the pico build instead, does that work? If you upgraded from a previous version of LineageOS, did the camera work there with the same package size you used this time?

Reactions: curiousrom

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What phone is it? Does the camera work in LineageOS without any GApps installed? If you reflash and then use the pico build instead, does that work? If you upgraded from a previous version of LineageOS, did the camera work there with the same package size you used this time?
It's a oneplus 6. I haven't tested all the other stuff because I want to avoid wiping. I cannot pinpoint a certain version. If no one has any idea I might try installing mindthegapps

WizardsGod

Dec 16, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Hey, is it possible for you to build the GApps for android 12.1(Idk if it's SDK 31 or 32), bc then it could be used on the Windows Subsystem for Android with the MagiskOnWSA project as Microsoft just updated WSA's Android version to 12.1.
And if you do build it, please build it for micro too.

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
Hey, is it possible for you to build the GApps for android 12.1(Idk if it's SDK 31 or 32), bc then it could be used on the Windows Subsystem for Android with the MagiskOnWSA project as Microsoft just updated WSA's Android version to 12.1.
And if you do build it, please build it for micro too.
Please search before posting: https://xdaforums.com/t/gapps-daily...ndroid-versions-devices.3098071/post-86595145

And if you want micro, just use the stock zip with a config file that contains "MicroGApps", as documented at https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/Advanced-Features-and-Options#downsizing

WizardsGod

Dec 16, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Thanks for helping me, but I wanted to ask if you could build for x86_64 as most installations of WSA are on the x64(amd64) platform.

I had forgotten to mention this in my previous post.

Last edited:
Reactions: smae

BirdsBread

May 25, 2022
Questions? Use Q&A!
Please read the FAQ before reporting any bugs or errors!
If you post in the main thread not having read the FAQ or error message itself, not included a debug log when reporting a malfuction or reporting a Force Closure without a logcat, your post will be ignored by the developers!
Not because we are evil, but because the same questions keep popping up over and over again and too often we get a "X doesn't work, plz fix" without any clue what is happening. We don't have telepathic connection to your device and all the time unnecessarily wasted on this can't be spend on development of Open GApps itself.

The Latest builds of Open GApps for Android can easily be downloaded from the:

I work on this project for FREE and putting in a lot of hours into it. While not mandatory, donations encourage me to continue to further pursue this project and I'd deeply appreciate them, if you feel generous.
Donate to The Open GApps Project

Are you a ROM developer and want to hotlink to the latest Open GApps package? Then check this wiki entry for details.
Please don't publicly mirror the prebuilt packages without explicit consent of @MastahF, to ensure that users will always be directed to the very latest version and the source code of the project.

About The Open GApps Project
Open GApps is a Google Apps package completely developed by writing buildscripts which allow for the automated creation of new up-to-date packages automatically.
The development process is completely open-source (GPLv3) and the goal is to have multiple contributors involved, to secure and reinforce the sustainability of Open GApps development.
Builds are generated every (European) night automatically (if there are any changes) and uploaded to GitHub.

Official AROMA Open GApps package is developed in collaboration with long-time LP-AROMA-developer @raulx222 and has a dedicated XDA thread
For any questions about the AROMA installer development, please refer to that thread. Of course, general support questions can also be asked in our own Q&A thread.

Official Open GApps For Stock support is developed in collaboration with @Rapper_skull and has a dedicated XDA thread
For any questions about the GApps for Stock development, please refer to that thread. Of course, general support questions can also be asked in our own Q&A thread.

The x86 package branch of the package is focused on Zenfone support and is maintained by @deadman96385 of the famous Zenfone GApps packages and has its own topic for x86 related questions

For those that cook their own ROM, an AOSP-build mechanism for Open GApps has been developed by @blystad and can be found at GitHub, remember that you should not bundle any pre-packaged Google Apps with any ROMs you want to distribute further though.

To gather all the various APKs that are necessary for the packages our master of the APK Universe @MNBooZe has written a tool called APKCrawler that scrape these from the internet, e.g. from APKMirror, it can be found at GitHub too.

Characteristic of Open GApps:

• Some highlights about the characteristics of the Open GApps packages:
  • All platforms and and all Android versions are supported
  • DPI-optimized support for all Google packages (unlike other GApps)
  • Frequently updated Google Apps: The pre-built OpenGApps.org packages are updated every (European) night (if there are any updated Google Apps available)
  • Strong compression, allowing for relatively small downloads of even the most complete packages
  • Automatic backup: It is not necessary to re-flash Google Apps when you flash a ROM update. Most ROMs support this (addon.d) function
  • The installer checks your device’s capabilities, like the system partition size. It will notify you, before making any changes, if it finds any problems
  • Several package variations, from a Google Super Package (includes all applications that ever shipped on a Google device), to a Stock package that equals the set of applications found on the most current and complete Nexus, to smaller, minimalist packages and an AROMA package that allows graphically selection of what to install
  • A special ‘for Stock ROM’ installation mode that allows to update the Google Apps on Stock ROMs that conform to the original Google Nexus filesystem structure
  • All package installations can be customized to your individual preferences using our Advanced Features and Options

The idea behind this project:
I believe a big source of the problem for many GApps packages to stay up-to-date (or not be forfeited) is the lack of time for developers to do labour-intensive repetive every time a new google-app apk is released.
That is why I have taken it upto myself to write some Linux shell scripts to automate the packaging and to share these efforts with the world with the goal to create a team to continue this package together under the name Open GApps.

This project should not be managed by a person, but by a team, so volunteers willing to help are more than welcome!

Open GApps installer uses open source third-party tools, like busybox and xzdec, compiled by @YashdSaraf; See his busybox thread for more info.
Open GApps is originally based on the now discontinued PA GApps package of @TKruzze and @osm0sis
Hey im having an issue i installed android 11 on my s5 and it wont install any apps it just tells me to free up space even though there is space, i had android 9 on it before so i decided to try that and the same issue popped up any idea how i might be able to fix this?

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
Hey im having an issue i installed android 11 on my s5 and it wont install any apps it just tells me to free up space even though there is space, i had android 9 on it before so i decided to try that and the same issue popped up any idea how i might be able to fix this?
You're probably confusing space in the userdata partition with space in the system partition. Look at the log file to see exactly how much space each thing you want to install takes up, and how much space you have available. Then make a config file to remove things until you get down below the size limit.

nostri

Apr 6, 2006
Peru
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6T
I run arm/arm64 builds of pico, nano and stock for testing.

Once they are tested a bit and seem stable, I upload them to MediaFire.
MediaFire - Link

Android 12 builds are in the SDK31 folder.
The 20211218 builds include some permission updates.​

---

Last week I ran SDK32 builds to test on LineageOS.
LineageOS is merging 12.1.0_r1 into the 19.0 branch instead of creating a 19.1 branch.​
LineageOS Gerrit - Topic 12L - Link
Edit: I just checked and see they decided to bump up to 19.1 a few days ago.​

Note:
Now that Android 12L is official, the release props still show as 12 not 12.1 or 12L.
The build tag was bumped to 12.1.0 and the boot image is now SDK32 but, the kernel version is still showing as 12.0.0
The boot image was SDK31 on the 12L preview release.​

The only way to determine if you are running 12 or 12L is by checking the SDK level.
SDK31 = Android 12
SDK32 = Android 12L

The initial 12L OpenGApps test builds were blind builds and untested.
I did not have a device/rom to test them on. 🙃

I few days later I was able to test them on a Pixel C, Lineage 19.0 SDK32 build.
Since it is a tablet, it utilized the large screen layout of SDK32.​

The 12L pico and nano builds seem to be safe.

The 12L stock build had issues with Pixel launcher so, I would suggest not using it for now.
Unless you are using a gapps config script to customize the install.

Android 12L (SDK32) test builds are currently on gDrive.
gDrive - Link

Everyone is welcome to give them a try.

Edit:
See additional posts.
Post # 7,316
Post # 7,319
Gapps Android 12L (SDK32) test build - google assistant ambient mode not working for me (OnePlus 5 lineageos 19.1)

I've got a newer Android than any of you! 🤣

I'm a bit hesitant to dig into the installation problem, but there's no way lineage-18.1-20220415-UNOFFICIAL-TBX704.zip was hiding something from several years in the future.

Code:
##############################
  _____   _____   ___   ____  
 /  _  \ |  __ \ / _ \ |  _ \ 
|  / \  || |__) | |_| || | \ \
| |   | ||  ___/|  __/ | | | |
|  \ /  || |    \ |__  | | | |
 \_/ \_/ |_|     \___| |_| |_|
       ___   _   ___ ___  ___ 
      / __| /_\ | _ \ _ \/ __|
     | (_ |/ _ \|  _/  _/\__ \
      \___/_/ \_\_| |_|  |___/

Open GApps pico 11.0 - 20220215

- Mounting partitions

- Gathering device & ROM information

*** Incompatible Android ROM detected ***

This GApps pkg is for Android 11.0.x ONLY
Please download the correct version for
your ROM: 16.1.0 (SDK 28)

******* GApps Installation failed *******

• Haha

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
I've got a newer Android than any of you! 🤣

I'm a bit hesitant to dig into the installation problem, but there's no way lineage-18.1-20220415-UNOFFICIAL-TBX704.zip was hiding something from several years in the future.

Code:
  _____   _____   ___   ____ 
 /  _  \ |  __ \ / _ \ |  _ \
|  / \  || |__) | |_| || | \ \
| |   | ||  ___/|  __/ | | | |
|  \ /  || |    \ |__  | | | |
 \_/ \_/ |_|     \___| |_| |_|
       ___   _   ___ ___  ___
      / __| /_\ | _ \ _ \/ __|
     | (_ |/ _ \|  _/  _/\__ \
      \___/_/ \_\_| |_|  |___/

Open GApps pico 11.0 - 20220215

- Mounting partitions

- Gathering device & ROM information

*** Incompatible Android ROM detected ***

This GApps pkg is for Android 11.0.x ONLY
Please download the correct version for
your ROM: 16.1.0 (SDK 28)

******* GApps Installation failed *******
I am guessing it did not find the build.prop from your rom and reverted to your recovery.
TWRP for example, is built using SDK28 (Android 9) for older devices.

Recovery is built using a rom build for the device, normally it was omni or los.
Lineage 16 is Android 9 (SDK28).

Not sure why it found 16.1.0 as the ro.build.version.release. :unsure:

Check your recovery's build.prop file and see what it shows.

All just a guess without the install logs. 🙃

Cheers. :cowboy:

Reactions: peteran

prashanth_

Mar 18, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi 8A
After Debloating MIUI (12.5.6.0.QCQINXM) of Google, Xiaomi and 3rd party bloatware, dirty flashed Open GApps (ARM 10.0 pico), without any onscreen errors. However, there's no Play Store nor Play Services installed.

Included the debug log for dirty flash.

In case it is relevant, this is the list of 37+9 bloatware I uninstalled via ADB (ADB App Control and XiaomiADBFastbootTools).

Clean flashing Open GApps makes it even worse, as I mentioned here.

Attachments

• [dirty] open_gapps_debug_logs.tar.gz
    149.6 KB · Views: 24

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
After Debloating MIUI (12.5.6.0.QCQINXM) of Google, Xiaomi and 3rd party bloatware, dirty flashed Open GApps (ARM 10.0 pico), without any onscreen errors. However, there's no Play Store nor Play Services installed.

Included the debug log for dirty flash.

In case it is relevant, this is the list of 37+9 bloatware I uninstalled via ADB (ADB App Control and XiaomiADBFastbootTools).

Clean flashing Open GApps makes it even worse, as I mentioned here.
com.android.vending is the Play Store and com.google.android.gms is Play Services. Why not just skip removing them and then not need to install any GApps of your own at all?

Reactions: curiousrom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Questions? Use Q&A!
    Please read the FAQ before reporting any bugs or errors!
    If you post in the main thread not having read the FAQ or error message itself, not included a debug log when reporting a malfuction or reporting a Force Closure without a logcat, your post will be ignored by the developers!
    Not because we are evil, but because the same questions keep popping up over and over again and too often we get a "X doesn't work, plz fix" without any clue what is happening. We don't have telepathic connection to your device and all the time unnecessarily wasted on this can't be spend on development of Open GApps itself.

The Latest builds of Open GApps for Android can easily be downloaded from the:

I work on this project for FREE and putting in a lot of hours into it. While not mandatory, donations encourage me to continue to further pursue this project and I'd deeply appreciate them, if you feel generous.
    Donate to The Open GApps Project

Are you a ROM developer and want to hotlink to the latest Open GApps package? Then check this wiki entry for details.
    Please don't publicly mirror the prebuilt packages without explicit consent of @MastahF, to ensure that users will always be directed to the very latest version and the source code of the project.

About The Open GApps Project
    Open GApps is a Google Apps package completely developed by writing buildscripts which allow for the automated creation of new up-to-date packages automatically.
    The development process is completely open-source (GPLv3) and the goal is to have multiple contributors involved, to secure and reinforce the sustainability of Open GApps development.
    Builds are generated every (European) night automatically (if there are any changes) and uploaded to GitHub.

Official AROMA Open GApps package is developed in collaboration with long-time LP-AROMA-developer @raulx222 and has a dedicated XDA thread
    For any questions about the AROMA installer development, please refer to that thread. Of course, general support questions can also be asked in our own Q&A thread.

Official Open GApps For Stock support is developed in collaboration with @Rapper_skull and has a dedicated XDA thread
    For any questions about the GApps for Stock development, please refer to that thread. Of course, general support questions can also be asked in our own Q&A thread.

The x86 package branch of the package is focused on Zenfone support and is maintained by @deadman96385 of the famous Zenfone GApps packages and has its own topic for x86 related questions

For those that cook their own ROM, an AOSP-build mechanism for Open GApps has been developed by @blystad and can be found at GitHub, remember that you should not bundle any pre-packaged Google Apps with any ROMs you want to distribute further though.

To gather all the various APKs that are necessary for the packages our master of the APK Universe @MNBooZe has written a tool called APKCrawler that scrape these from the internet, e.g. from APKMirror, it can be found at GitHub too.

Characteristic of Open GApps:

• Some highlights about the characteristics of the Open GApps packages:
    • All platforms and and all Android versions are supported
    • DPI-optimized support for all Google packages (unlike other GApps)
    • Frequently updated Google Apps: The pre-built OpenGApps.org packages are updated every (European) night (if there are any updated Google Apps available)
    • Strong compression, allowing for relatively small downloads of even the most complete packages
    • Automatic backup: It is not necessary to re-flash Google Apps when you flash a ROM update. Most ROMs support this (addon.d) function
    • The installer checks your device’s capabilities, like the system partition size. It will notify you, before making any changes, if it finds any problems
    • Several package variations, from a Google Super Package (includes all applications that ever shipped on a Google device), to a Stock package that equals the set of applications found on the most current and complete Nexus, to smaller, minimalist packages and an AROMA package that allows graphically selection of what to install
    • A special ‘for Stock ROM’ installation mode that allows to update the Google Apps on Stock ROMs that conform to the original Google Nexus filesystem structure
    • All package installations can be customized to your individual preferences using our Advanced Features and Options

The idea behind this project:
    I believe a big source of the problem for many GApps packages to stay up-to-date (or not be forfeited) is the lack of time for developers to do labour-intensive repetive every time a new google-app apk is released.
    That is why I have taken it upto myself to write some Linux shell scripts to automate the packaging and to share these efforts with the world with the goal to create a team to continue this package together under the name Open GApps.

This project should not be managed by a person, but by a team, so volunteers willing to help are more than welcome!

Open GApps installer uses open source third-party tools, like busybox and xzdec, compiled by @YashdSaraf; See his busybox thread for more info.
    Open GApps is originally based on the now discontinued PA GApps package of @TKruzze and @osm0sis
    Is it possible to get a test version of the arm version aswell?
    I run arm/arm64 builds of pico, nano and stock for testing.

Once they are tested a bit and seem stable, I upload them to MediaFire.
    MediaFire - Link

Android 12 builds are in the SDK31 folder.
    The 20211218 builds include some permission updates.​

---

Last week I ran SDK32 builds to test on LineageOS.
    LineageOS is merging 12.1.0_r1 into the 19.0 branch instead of creating a 19.1 branch.
    LineageOS Gerrit - Topic 12L - Link
    Edit: I just checked and see they decided to bump up to 19.1 a few days ago.​

Note:
    Now that Android 12L is official, the release props still show as 12 not 12.1 or 12L.
    The build tag was bumped to 12.1.0 and the boot image is now SDK32 but, the kernel version is still showing as 12.0.0
    The boot image was SDK31 on the 12L preview release.​

The only way to determine if you are running 12 or 12L is by checking the SDK level.
    SDK31 = Android 12
    SDK32 = Android 12L

The initial 12L OpenGApps test builds were blind builds and untested.
    I did not have a device/rom to test them on. 🙃

I few days later I was able to test them on a Pixel C, Lineage 19.0 SDK32 build.
    Since it is a tablet, it utilized the large screen layout of SDK32.​

The 12L pico and nano builds seem to be safe.

The 12L stock build had issues with Pixel launcher so, I would suggest not using it for now.
    Unless you are using a gapps config script to customize the install.

Android 12L (SDK32) test builds are currently on gDrive.
    gDrive - Link

Everyone is welcome to give them a try.

Edit:
    See additional posts.
    Post # 7,316
    Post # 7,319
    Tomorrow there will be 7.0 builds
    Small update concerning Nougat: everything is almost in place, only HotWord Enrollment is not de-odexable yet.
    So tomorrow there will be 7.0 builds, ready for when the first source and custom ROMs will drop.
    Of course beta-quality because they cannot be tested yet, so be careful.
    There are some minor changes, Google changed their keyboard stuff, so there will be no swypelibs possible anymore.
    Google VR Services is backported to all Android versions (so all the way from 4.4 to 6.0) but ofc not yet known how well it will work.
    Also there are some new 7.0 core apps for Google's Shared Android Services (com.google.android.ext.shared; com.google.android.ext.services)
    Trusted Face's unlock has also some major changes, it seems the pittpatt suff is not necessary anymore for 7.0.

That's it for now
    For those who hadn't spotted it yet: we can celebrate 1 year of Open GApps :)
    http://opengapps.org/blog/post/2016/05/09/open-gapps-first-anniversary/
    Sorry to drop in but needed to clean up some unnecessary posts that were burying more legitimate posts to the thread.

Going into someone's thread and demanding they make you something is not only just plain rude, it goes against everything XDA is about. Numerous people suggested a way for you to remove the gapps and you chose to ignore them. The dev isn't going to make an uninstaller just for you. You could also always use root explorer and remove the apps that way too. Anywho, there won't be an uninstaller made so no need to continue this conversation.

Thread Cleaned