Gapps is it necessary or important to update with recovery mode?

Search This thread

Debolacha

May 11, 2017
Is important​ or necessary flash the latest gapps , with custom recovery , like trwp ? I mean I have it installed but everyday there's a new version maybe I should update it every week ?

SteveYoungs

Mar 4, 2016
Brisbane
Google Pixel 5
Is important​ or necessary flash the latest gapps , with custom recovery , like trwp ? I mean I have it installed but everyday there's a new version maybe I should update it every week ?
No, because they'll update through the play store, just like any other ordinary app.

The only time you would need to re-flash Gapps is when you are doing a clean flash. Gapps survives dirty flashes via an addon.d script specifically so you can flash updates to your ROM without having to re-flash your Gapps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

No, because they'll update through the play store, just like any other ordinary app. The only time you would need to re-flash Gapps is when you are doing a clean flash. Gapps survives dirty flashes via an addon.d script specifically so you can flash updates to your ROM without having to re-flash your Gapps. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I believe that you may be referring to flashing an updated, Nightly, firmware via TWRP and if a GApps package is also required as well.

If so then the answer is No but, it is encouraged.

The only caveat to this is if you have SuperSU previously installed, then you should re-flash it after the firmware because updating the Nightly firmware will undo some of the SuperSU changes and SuperSU will need, at least, the binaries reinstalled.

If that wasn't your question then... Please disregard... LOL!

"Live Long and Prosper..."
~Ambassador S'chn T'gai Spock

Sent via Communicator [D2VZW] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise

Reactions: kirby3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, because they'll update through the play store, just like any other ordinary app. The only time you would need to re-flash Gapps is when you are doing a clean flash. Gapps survives dirty flashes via an addon.d script specifically so you can flash updates to your ROM without having to re-flash your Gapps. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I believe that you may be referring to flashing an updated, Nightly, firmware via TWRP and if a GApps package is also required as well.

If so then the answer is No but, it is encouraged.

The only caveat to this is if you have SuperSU previously installed, then you should re-flash it after the firmware because updating the Nightly firmware will undo some of the SuperSU changes and SuperSU will need, at least, the binaries reinstalled.

If that wasn't your question then... Please disregard... LOL!

"Live Long and Prosper..."
    ~Ambassador S'chn T'gai Spock

Sent via Communicator [D2VZW] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise