GApps on CN ROM 3.26 (PIE 9.0) - and root (CN and OMNI)

Search This thread

batocchietto_29_

Jun 13, 2009
I saw that the rom for our device is available on the mokee site, I would be curious to try, but since now I am using this phone as the main one (usually it is my second phone) I do not have time to delete everything and put all the app, but I'd heartily try the rom, because the phone is really very good, and I like it, and that with the cn rom it is really performing, while with the eu rom it came with, it's really bad

methuselah

• Aug 25, 2011
    I saw that the rom for our device is available on the mokee site, I would be curious to try, but since now I am using this phone as the main one (usually it is my second phone) I do not have time to delete everything and put all the app, but I'd heartily try the rom, because the phone is really very good, and I like it, and that with the cn rom it is really performing, while with the eu rom it came with, it's really bad
    Cn ROM doesn't support dual sim afaik

WizBennyBenn

• Mar 25, 2020
    After a couple of days using it gotta mark up some flaws:
    For my device background app killes is just anoying,i tuned everything exact as 3,32 but it kills the app pretty fast,dunno why,notifications bug still happens so XD.

methuselah

• Aug 25, 2011
    After a couple of days using it gotta mark up some flaws:
    For my device background app killes is just anoying,i tuned everything exact as 3,32 but it kills the app pretty fast,dunno why,notifications bug still happens so XD.
    It's useless the cn ROM. You can try to make new one if you have expertise or can help me in making it
    edit : I saw your commits on github. You are benny guy

Last edited:

WizBennyBenn

• Mar 25, 2020
    It's useless the cn ROM. You can try to make new one if you have expertise or can help me in making it
    What a detective one,i`ve benn for the couple weeks pulling resources from cn rom into vendor device and all that stuff,still a lot of bugs make me unable to succesfully build a rom,i have the horse power but i got rusty over the years because when i used to build roms was like on 2012,devices then where one click rootable and all that,so first they introduce A/B and i`m like what the hell,then verity and all that security stuff.

If you`re working on it i`m willing to help,maybe we can pull something off.

Btw,i commit and modify everything local so no updates on git XD.

Reactions: methuselah

methuselah

• Aug 25, 2011
    What a detective one,i`ve benn for the couple weeks pulling resources from cn rom into vendor device and all that stuff,still a lot of bugs make me unable to succesfully build a rom,i have the horse power but i got rusty over the years because when i used to build roms was like on 2012,devices then where one click rootable and all that,so first they introduce A/B and i`m like what the hell,then verity and all that security stuff.

no issues. I could have provided you with machine. Yeah since 2012 things have changed. But with this we have a only stuff. I had tried in the past. But my knowldge is rather short. But I can try probably. If that is what needed.

WizBennyBenn

• Mar 25, 2020
    I believe a step to improve could be to take mokee rom(with permission from developer of course) and modify it or over it port another rom.

I have the machine,its a modest one but can do the job.
    The main problem to compile is the device folder,vendor can be rev.eng. kernel is already on github and vendor can be tested pull out from device,but the device folder i have just does not works dkw.

methuselah

• Aug 25, 2011
    I believe a step to improve could be to take mokee rom(with permission from developer of course) and modify it or over it port another rom.

I have the machine,its a modest one but can do the job.
    The main problem to compile is the device folder,vendor can be rev.eng. kernel is already on github and vendor can be tested pull out from device,but the device folder i have just does not works dkw.
    Well the mokee developer doesn't answer why the vendor is closed source. He says the kernel is open source. There is similar device of Nubia supported by lineageOs officially. I have no expertise but I guess it's source can be changed into nx609j. As both are Snapdragon 835 devices

methuselah

• Aug 25, 2011
    Btw before everything,i could not get mokee to boot on my device,you got how to install it?
    It just does not boot after like an hour waiting.
    u need to be on international version of nubia to flash mokee. and please quote me next time. I never get notification that you posted here something 😎

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      First thing first,... I'm Just a noob here, I just did some testing things during my quarantine free time and got many errors with this Red Magic (which as far as I know has no update until now for international user). So, If there's something you guys know more than Me, or if I might do something wrong on my guide here, please correct me...
      My goal was to get rid of the touchscreen bugs which still exist on International ROM (Oreo 8.1), but I still want the RGB light feature also...
      Do it at your own risk!
      Here you go:

ROOT for Omni 9.0 Unofficial by Vache and CN ROM 3.26 you can get it here
      This root method I got it from here by member changguangyu on Red Magic 3!

Here you go :

• I've tried with Fresh stock CN ROM 3.26 (update from without formating, result always failed for google apps at least for me)
      • install TWRP from fastboot
      • Download Magisk Manager (using 7.5.1 (267) when this post created)
      • Extract your boot.img from your Rom and save it to your download folder (i dunno - already tried to put it in another place, it gave me nothing).
      • Open Magisk Manager and it will say something like Magisk not Installed
      • Install it and select and patch the boot file you saved before.
      • It will create magisk_patched.img and save it to your computer.
      • Enable developer options > make sure to check (ON)USB debugging and OEM unlock on your device
      • Open command prompt on Windows: reboot to fastboot command :
        Code:
        adb reboot bootloader
      • Unlock your device
        Code:
        fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX609J
      • Use command :
        Code:
        fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
      • Reboot! and your phone should be rooted now.

Installing GAPPS on CN ROM 3.26 better, and simple method:
      with this method, it was much simpler and the result is Google Play can download big files like PUBG Mobile
      1. First, make sure your device is rooted!
      2. Second, make sure twrp are installed (I use the one that came in the same link with omni 9.0 i think)
      3. Third just flash GAPPS get it at Opengapps get it here . I use the pico one...
      4. that's it! everything is smooth at least for me.:cool:

Now for a bit tricky part
      Installing GApps (Google Play Services, etc) CN ROM only (I'm using 3.26).
      This can be done after you root your device!

1. Open Magisk and go to the module, search for App Systemizer (Terminal Emulator) by Veez21 and reboot your device.
      2. Download Google Installer (Chinese apps) (got it from this thread ) by Teeemoo
      3. Click the blue-button and install everything until all the checklist is finished! After the install is done, don't open any google or add an account yet!.
      4. Go to settings > App info > search for google calendar sync and everything that smells like google set every permission to yes! even storage! yes, Anything! (At first, I did not allow storage permission for play services, and it gives me an error during contact sync!) (Also you may want to check Settings > Notification Management > Playstore > make it open ).
      5. Search for Termux (terminal emulator) on the internet, download the apk and install it. (I think I remembered it using F-Droid)
      6. open termux use the following command :
        Code:
        su
        then
        Code:
        systemize
        then choose option
        Code:
        listed apps will be shown. choose Google apps at which number you want to systemize (mine started on 10 until 15) so i put
        Code:
        enter and then I make it as privilege apps or priv-apps by choosing option number
        Code:
        , and then go back to menu
        Code:
        y
        --- Choose another google apps until it finished!
      7. After all that, reboot!
      8. Start by opening the play store
      9. And Voila :fingers-crossed::good::laugh::cool:

Tips:
      Already tested it, some google features will not work nicely if it's not system apps... My solution is :

• Install all google apps that i need after Play Store is installed nicely.
      • Example for Google Assistant (Saying "Hey Google" hot words) : Force Stop Nubia Share, Nubia Voice
      • Allow all permission, also go to Settings > Power Management > Application Power Management > Your Apps > Regardless of Control.
      • After that, Open Termux and systemize the Google Assistant.
      • After Reboot you will be prompted for "Okay, Google" hotword detection.
      • Again if someone has better tips, please post it...

I also experience some apps that don't run on the background (Whatsapp for example) - u need to run it first and don't clear from recent sometimes I guess.

I tried to download PUBG Mobile, and it says: can't update blablabla... see common ways to fix the problem (anyone knows how to resolve this issue? - (this problem only for big file i think) )

The Chinese Rom is nice, but it gave me a headache sometimes I already allow permission to some apps, when reopen, it goes back doesn't have permission again.... but after making it as a system (priv-app) from the app systemizer (from magisk and use it with Termux), all goes well.

PS: it will be great if someone can test this too, or make this ROM bloat-free! Thanks :good:
      *latest update with CN ROM 3.32 = it works with this method...

UPDATE : CMIIW the 3.32 is so buggy for me, for example : we can't hear anything for ringtone after we changed the ringtone using mp3, and more bugs again... ringtone always getting silent by itself after several hour reboot, the most annoying thing is, fingerprint sometimes working sometimes not!. anyone that use 3.32 please share your experience too please...
      First off starting by experience with 3.32

I got a super weird bug that coming from international v112 directly to CN 3.32 it would make pop up an emergency screen at booting saying device was corrupted,it does no matter to me because like once in a month i restart my device,after rooting and deblating the device got snappier,i removed like 1 Gb of junk apps and after some magisk tweaks and some personal mods it came right up good.
      Some bugs i never got to bypass where like for example notifications got stuck and the wont go away until i lock-unlock device,double word placement using default keyboard and it kills my apps from playistore realy hard(i bypassed this one right away easly).

Rn trying to compile a kernel to reduce overall frequency of gpu+cpu because due to a limited battery it kills it pretty fast,even more while gaming.
      ROM V3.30 twrp-3.3.1-1

sorry for my english, IT WORKS, i tried the rom v3.30 and the official TWRP twrp-3.3.1-1-nx609j_SAR.img, downloaded from the official page twrp.me, just can´t hide magisk, display hide magisk failed and NETFLIX app doesn't work, your device isn't compatible, everything else is fine. about the touch bug and the heat, i don't have any problem.
      Great work![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]