[GB][08-09-2012] CyanogenMod 7 for Motorola Milestone 2 (Android 2.3.7)

Search This thread

n3ptun3

Jan 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thanks. Keyboard switch is on the top of todo list :)
I will look into 3D performance and compare it tomorrow with stock 2.2.2. Perhaps that's the UK's libs issue...
As for the ALT lock, that is on the very bottom of todo list :) I believe it does not work on Droid 2 either.

Edit: just confirmed the same result (10FPS) with stock 2.2.2 UK rom. Anybody could confirm it is really faster on Endless7's ROM?

It is faster, the egl files from the Defy release also give me something between 40-60fps on the planet scene.
I get 10-12fps with any Official Milestone 2 rom, UK, BR, AR, CH.. doesn't matter, they all do slow fps, with the Defy port it goes up to 60fps.

Anonymous_

Jul 2, 2010
Quadrant: 2068 (first run) points & 2216 points on second run
-"planets": 31 FPS
-"DNA": 22 FPS

Nenamark1: 22.1
Nenamark2: 13.6

all tested on "cm7-20111021-NIGHTLY-Milestone2-v1.5.zip" from Endless7

momus87

Feb 12, 2011
Paris
Well, since on "3d specialized" bench like Nenamark there are no differences, maybe it's not really worth digging into...
What's funny is that I still get a good overall score in quadrant (2150+) in spite of 3d

Sent from my A953 using XDA App

tezet

Jul 13, 2007
Cracow
Maybe it's another issue in Quadrant, which does not reflect real performance... Anyway I'll look at it.
Just fixed the camera, apologize for that. Something has changed in the framework with recent TI merge. It used to work before. I'll update the first post once it's uploaded.

will5

Sep 15, 2007
Someone could try fps2d (free from market) to see 2d performance.

On customs roms it gets around 60fps. On 2.2.2 official, only 30fps (rom is locked to 30fps in 2d)

alexyie

Jul 31, 2007
Hi, I would like to try this rom, was using cm7 rom from Endless7 now.
But I need to know if this rom will work with asia baseband, or does this include the baseband changer?
thx

AragornPE

Dec 28, 2010
Recife
Could you consider adding a keyboard layout option in your nexts builds?
Also, alt-lock is not working at the moment. It's not critical though...

I also noticed bad 3d performance in Quadrant.
On the "planets" test, using Endless cm7 i get something like 60fps, but 10 with yours. Didn't notice any change when playing with n64oid/ogl-es though.

Edit : Scored 13.6 at Nenamark2, 21.6 at Nenamark1. Could somebody compare with Endless's CM7?
Edit2 : Concerning Quadrant, I remember getting 10fps too when on stock french 2.2.2 rom.

Are you sure you got 60fps on the planet bench?

I never got pass 20fps on that

To OP, great work, hoping that Cm7 will support us officialy now

Rocking with my M2 and XDA app

harisit2005

Dec 14, 2010
Hey tezet ...please take a look on 720P....we are looking forward for this...

How`s the still cam on this rom...i mean is there any quality difference on this...?

momus87

Feb 12, 2011
Paris
I just updated to the latest build :)

-Camera indeed works fine now. Quality is I think the same as in stock rom.
-I manually changed keyboard layout to Azerty, as I used to with early endless's cm7 builds.
-Baseband swicher is not included, but I think it would work if installed from an apk.
-Touchscreen sensitivity is really better when coming from Endless's CM7 :D .

Tezet, do you think it would be possible to have orthographic correction with the hardware keyboard ?
In Settings>Language>Integrated Keyboard there are such options, but they don't have any effect. (They never had any, even on stock rom)

Anonymous_

Jul 2, 2010
What about battery charge (in compare with cm7 from Endless7) - if you try to be objective? :)

patton82

Apr 27, 2009
Could you consider adding a keyboard layout option in your nexts builds?
Also, alt-lock is not working at the moment. It's not critical though...

I also noticed bad 3d performance in Quadrant.
On the "planets" test, using Endless cm7 i get something like 60fps, but 10 with yours. Didn't notice any change when playing with n64oid/ogl-es though.

Edit : Scored 13.6 at Nenamark2, 21.6 at Nenamark1. Could somebody compare with Endless's CM7?
Edit2 : Concerning Quadrant, I remember getting 10fps too when on stock french 2.2.2 rom.

Endless CM7 quadrant score is unreliable, there are no textures in planet scene (planet is a white globe without details), seems like a trick to get a higher score.

DreadPirateDan

Oct 16, 2011
Queensland
Are you sure you got 60fps on the planet bench?

I never got pass 20fps on that

To OP, great work, hoping that Cm7 will support us officialy now

Rocking with my M2 and XDA app

I normally get about 69 on the planets - on MIUI and overclocked to 1.3

Quadrant scores for me are
Miui - 2308
Cm7 - 2523

It seems generally quite laggy though so I just might jump back to MIUI. Not crazy laggy but enough to annoy me :p. BUT I'll go test out n64oid and see if it runs smoother on this. That might make it a winner for me :D

Sent from my A953 using xda premium

n3ptun3

Jan 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Endless CM7 quadrant score is unreliable, there are no textures in planet scene (planet is a white globe without details), seems like a trick to get a higher score.

It might be unreliable, but not because of the textures. They are definitely not white here. In fact, there is no clipping on the little moon, compared to the official roms. Other than that, the results seems about the same.

WongJames

Dec 7, 2010
720p 3gp video decoding is working!!:D
It is so nice:D:D

And the battery can also charge to >4200mV!!! ;)
have been missing 4200mV for a long time:D
but the jumping is quite serious:eek:
will try to calibrate the battery to see if it will improve:)
Also the auto backlight seems changing so sudden, prefer graduate change ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshot-1320839444944.jpg
    screenshot-1320839444944.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,226
  • screenshot-1320838420130.jpg
    screenshot-1320838420130.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,227
Last edited:
Reactions: nganlang

will5

Sep 15, 2007
@endless, have you tried to boot your cm7 port with 2nd init and kernel from this build?

will5

Sep 15, 2007
I think the same, but there arent so many differences in files.

tezet

Jul 13, 2007
Cracow
I'll try to respond to all questions.

Regarding the 3D benchmarks. If the higher results in Endless's build on Quadrant are only a result of cheating, I won't do anything about it. It is pointless unless you are masturbating yourself with higher FPS ;-) It may possibly change if I switch to GB baseline (kernel and bpsw).

alexyie: But I need to know if this rom will work with asia baseband, or does this include the baseband changer?
You may simply install the baseband switcher from APK. I will update the first post.

harisit2005 How`s the still cam on this rom...i mean is there any quality difference on this...?
I don't really know, I don't use camera at all. It is probably as bad as the stock one :)

momus87: Tezet, do you think it would be possible to have orthographic correction with the hardware keyboard ?
In Settings>Language>Integrated Keyboard there are such options, but they don't have any effect. (They never had any, even on stock rom)

I'm sorry, that's a global CM issue, and as for now I'm focused only on providing fully functional Milestone port.

DreadPirateDan: It seems generally quite laggy though so I just might jump back to MIUI. Not crazy laggy but enough to annoy me . BUT I'll go test out n64oid and see if it runs smoother on this. That might make it a winner for me
You're probably reffering to laggy launcher. CM7 default ADW is indeed very laggy, I hate it if you ask me, but I won't change it. It is supossed to be a CM7 port. Just install your favourite one.

WongJames: And the battery can also charge to >4200mV!!!
have been missing 4200mV for a long time
but the jumping is quite serious
will try to calibrate the battery to see if it will improve
Also the auto backlight seems changing so sudden, prefer graduate change

Sorry to say, but the battery charging and voltage measurement issues are enclosed in Moto's proprietary, closed source modules and there's nothing we can do about it. If that will make you happier, it's the same on the stock rom and that's why they have made a 10% steps.
As for backlight, you may customize it to your liking in settings. I don't really see anything bad in current settings... I would say it's good it adapts quickly.

Endless7: Good job!
BTW,is there any working repo,beside a personal one?

Thank you! I will move to an organisation repo, so that more people could be involved in this ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod 7 for Motorola Milestone 2

This is an unofficial Milestone 2 port of CM7.

[ Downloads | Google apps ]

Known limitations
    • 720P recording is not working
    • ALT lock does not work

Changelog:

08.09.2012 - Upgraded CM sources
    01.09.2012 - Added OTA updater, upgraded CM sources
    21.02.2012 - Upgraded CM sources (fixed blank screen after unlocking issue)
    09.02.2012 - Upgraded CM sources
    22.01.2012 - Backported ICS animations, UK 2.3.4 fingerprint, fixed Exchange FC for polish locale
    04.01.2012 - Upgraded CM sources (e.g. T9 dialer)
    29.11.2011:
    • Moved device specific settings to its own tree in the settings
    • Added lower backlight level
    • New multitouch module (no delay at startup)
    • Stock compass callibration app and audio effects
    20.11.2011 - Hopefully fixed some wifi issues
    18.11.2011 - Wifi tethering does not need DUN APN anymore
    18.11.2011 - Fingerprint changed to UK 2.2 (fix Market from hiding some apps)
    12.11.2011 - Tweaked CPU, camera, build.prop and recovery settings (Endless7);
    settings for Droid2Bootstrap (will not destroy 2nd-init anymore)

11.11.2011 - Added keyboard switching, option to force PLMN display, more multitouch points
    08.11.2011 - Fixed camera's photos
    08.11.2011 - Initial release

Note:

If you have updated to stock gingerbread, you can't use this rom until you downgrade.

Instructions for upgrading from stock ROM:
    1) Install Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Optionally: create a backup of your data
    4) Choose Install zip from sdcard -> Choose zip from sdcard and select downloaded ZIP file.
    5) Optionally: install Google Apps the same way
    6) Wipe data/factory reset
    7) Wipe cache partition
    8) Reboot and enjoy :)
    9) Optionally: use attached Baseband switcher app if you have troubles with phone signal.

Instructions for subsequent upgrades or upgrade from any CM7.x ROM:
    1) Boot into recovery (long power off -> Reboot)
    2) Choose "Install zip from sdcard" -> "Choose zip from sdcard" and select downloaded ZIP file.
    3) Advanced -> Wipe battery stats
    4) Advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache
    5) Reboot and enjoy :)

As you can see, the update from the stock ROM requires a complete wipe, so be sure to backup your important data!

GIT sources:
    repo init -u git://github.com/tezet/android.git -b gingerbread
    Any collaborators are more than welcomed! :)

Donations
    If you like and appreciate my work, and you may donate here (now in English).

Many thanks to Quarx for his Defy port and all folks involved in Milestone2@XDA.
    I've updated the ROM. It will most probably be the last version on Froyo kernel. Next versions will bring support for EU GB kernel users.
    To keep CM7 alive: updated to latest CM7 + added OTA updater.
    I'm uploading new version. I hope most demanded fixes and features are in place now. I'll switch to ICS development now, so don't expect any significant changes for gingerbread (at least in near future).
    tezet, pls make a GB EU version to this rom. i have 2.3.6 stock on my milestone, just waiting for a GB version to flash it. this is the best rom for ml2!! :)

+1

I will definetly use this ROM, there are a lot of users who can't downgrade and would love to have CM7!!