Gcam 6.1. 021 for Mate 10 [Night Sight]

Search This thread

Erceylan

Nov 19, 2019
I just bought Mate 10 pro today. Was expecting to use GCam since its stock cam sucks but after reading your message I highly dissapointed. Will switch back to Samsung or OnePlus asap. Never buying huawei device ever again.

Mateus109

May 28, 2012
I just bought Mate 10 pro today. Was expecting to use GCam since its stock cam sucks but after reading your message I highly dissapointed. Will switch back to Samsung or OnePlus asap. Never buying huawei device ever again.

Sucks?! Are you mad?! The stock camera on the Mate 10 Pro is amazing, especially in 'pro' mode.

Grumpy Cat

Oct 23, 2015
If you want a no fuss camera, go Google. Otherwise, learn how to use the pro mode or working gcam ports.

If you want a Huawei phone with better cameras and less fuss, get the P30 or Mate 30 Pro.

Honestly it's amazing gcam even works on the Mate 10. It's not just a simple port like with other Snapdragon devices, it has pretty much been reverse engineerd to work on the Mate 10 and that's not an easy task.

Last edited:

Erceylan

Nov 19, 2019
Sucks?! Are you mad?! The stock camera on the Mate 10 Pro is amazing, especially in 'pro' mode.

U dont use pro mode all the time. Have you ever used its night mode??? or even normal cameras in moderate to less lighting conditions?? How can you come here in a GCam thread and then say Mate 10 doesnt suck when compared to Google Cam

Mateus109

May 28, 2012
U dont use pro mode all the time. Have you ever used its night mode??? or even normal cameras in moderate to less lighting conditions?? How can you come here in a GCam thread and then say Mate 10 doesnt suck when compared to Google Cam

GCam uses Google's machine learning to artificially enhance Night Mode photos. No other camera app can come close (inc. Apple or Samsung) due to Google's immense machine learning power. While it's a shame that GCam does not currently work with the Mate 10 Pro, Huawei's stock camera app IMO does a great job and I can see why DxOMark rates the Mate 10 Pro on par with the iPhone X. My other camera is a Pentax K5ii and I'm very impressed with how well photos from the Mate 10 Pro compare.

If you need a phone that works well with GCam you should buy a Google Pixel. The Mate 10 Pro is a 2 year old phone but IMO it's still an amazing phone with an amazing camera. If you've only just purchased your Mate 10 Pro, I assume you bought it secondhand and therefore I hope you didn't pay more than $200.

I took the attached photo last night in a local park without a flash. It was pitch black; I literally could not see more than a few feet ahead and yet the Mate 10 Pro produced this.
IMG_20191119_171600.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191119_171600.jpg
    IMG_20191119_171600.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 965
Reactions: Ajmansk

Erceylan

Nov 19, 2019
GCam uses Google's machine learning to artificially enhance Night Mode photos. No other camera app can come close (inc. Apple or Samsung) due to Google's immense machine learning power. While it's a shame that GCam does not currently work with the Mate 10 Pro, Huawei's stock camera app IMO does a great job and I can see why DxOMark rates the Mate 10 Pro on par with the iPhone X. My other camera is a Pentax K5ii and I'm very impressed with how well photos from the Mate 10 Pro compare.

If you need a phone that works well with GCam you should buy a Google Pixel. The Mate 10 Pro is a 2 year old phone but IMO it's still an amazing phone with an amazing camera. If you've only just purchased your Mate 10 Pro, I assume you bought it secondhand and therefore I hope you didn't pay more than $200.

I took the attached photo last night in a local park without a flash. It was pitch black; I literally could not see more than a few feet ahead and yet the Mate 10 Pro produced this.
IMG_20191119_171600.jpg

Yup its second hand... Paid $215 lol.. and yes, Im a fan of Its pro mode. No competition there.

khadkapramod

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks!
I did it earlier, and finally I found solution for me personally - I almost got rid of "blue effect" due to adjustment of saturation and balance of white.

Can you please update settings for adjustment of saturation and balance of white.?

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Thanks!
I did it earlier, and finally I found solution for me personally - I almost got rid of "blue effect" due to adjustment of saturation and balance of white.

Can you please upload settings for adjustment of saturation and balance of white.?

Ajmansk

Nov 4, 2019
Can you please update settings for adjustment of saturation and balance of white.?

Here is mine, just remind you again that below settings looks good for my eyes) !
Back(main) camera
White balance:
Red: 100%
Green A: 83%
Green B: 83%
Blue: 63%

Saturation:
Highlights: 2.2
Shadows : 2.5

HDR+ settings:
Maximum shots quantity: 10 shots
Configuration: Pixel 2017 ZSL HDR+

Advanced settings>Main camera>Black level adjustment -> Use adjustment

*Increased noise reduction - ON

Last edited:
Reactions: clashyicon

Jayboi35

Jun 19, 2018
So are there any gcam mods that actually work for the mate 10 pro (Android 9) that doesn't crash when using night mode? Cause so far all of them seem to crash. I just want night mode.

GreekSpirit

Feb 14, 2019
Hi, I tried different parameters to get the best quality possible using GCamera_Mod_v.5.1.23_R4X.apk on my Mate 10. I started with Ajmansk settings, and found this:

Saturation adjustement -> highlight 2.8, shadow 2.5
HDR+ white balance -> red 100%, green even 75%, green odd 75%, blue 63%
Advanced settings -> main camera -> HDR+ denoise multiplier back 200%
Advanced settings -> front camera -> base model Nexus 6P, front camera photo resolution (16:9) 2.1mpx, HDR+ denoise multiplier front 300%

Notes:
- flash doesn't work with main cam
- using the front one in low light with screen flash is better with stock cam
- 6mpx photos (16:9) with front cam also doesn't work no matter the phone model you choose, so I compared the quality of 8mpx (4:3) and 2.1mpx (16:9) and got better results with the latter
- in low light I think stock cam is better than Gcam for the rear one, if you don't mind to have some oversharpening

Ajmansk

Nov 4, 2019
Hi!
Anyone have expierence of succesfull installation and working highest Gcam versions? Such as Gcam 6 or Gcam 7.
And any idea how to shoot (without tripod) smoother and clearer video, at least at 30 fps ?

Ajmansk

Nov 4, 2019
Sadly no my friend, GCam works only with snapdragon CPUs...and i think no one is even trying to develop it..
Yes, but as we see - Gcam 5 ( some mods) working perfect( HDR+, portrait,selphie, video)
I found this link with Gcam 7 mod:
https://huaweiadvices.com/download-gcam-7-3-mod-for-huawei-and-honor-devices/
Today, we have the latest GCAM 7.3 MOD which lets you install the Google Camera on Huawei Android 9 Pie devices too.
List of Huawei phones that supports Google Camera 7.3 MOD
Huawei Mate 30 Series
Huawei Mate 20 Series
Huawei Mate X
Huawei P30 Series
Huawei P20 Series
Huawei Mate 10 Series
Huawei Nova 6 Series
Huawei Nova 5 Series
Honor 20 Series
Honor V30 Pro
Honor 9X Pro
Honor 10 Series
Honor 8X

Maybe someone will try to install and check it?)
P.S. One Mate 10 user just now tried to install Gcam 7.3 and he sad that below mod is working:
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1024/

Last edited:

Grumpy Cat

Oct 23, 2015
Yes, but as we see - Gcam 5 ( some mods) working perfect( HDR+, portrait,selphie, video)
I found this link with Gcam 7 mod:
https://huaweiadvices.com/download-gcam-7-3-mod-for-huawei-and-honor-devices/
Today, we have the latest GCAM 7.3 MOD which lets you install the Google Camera on Huawei Android 9 Pie devices too.
List of Huawei phones that supports Google Camera 7.3 MOD
Huawei Mate 30 Series
Huawei Mate 20 Series
Huawei Mate X
Huawei P30 Series
Huawei P20 Series
Huawei Mate 10 Series
Huawei Nova 6 Series
Huawei Nova 5 Series
Honor 20 Series
Honor V30 Pro
Honor 9X Pro
Honor 10 Series
Honor 8X

Maybe someone will try to install and check it?)
P.S. One Mate 10 user just now tried to install Gcam 7.3 and he sad that below mod is working:
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1024/
When you can prove it's working, then I will believe you. Because none of the versions work for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tested on Mate 10 and working well.
    Credits: Arnova8G2

- Install the apk: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bY54oa_Ddy8db7BMZTxMLEybuxe9Qsh9
    - Disable motion photos
    - Enjoy
    Camera crashes on clicking shutter button
    Also can you post screenshot of the ideal sweet spot settings please?
    Ok so the app does work you just have to disable motion pictures and the rest is just adjusting the tuning of colors, i do think that the portrait is better then huawei camera its just takes a bit to play with the white balance and saturation.
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-arthur/#apk919 thats the link from all of those the only ones that work are GCamera_Mod_v.5.1.23_R4X.apk whether is version 20,21,22 or 23. There is really no need to play with settings only colors. Here ill post some pictures from portrait back and front cam and also pictures from back cam. Its hard to get a perfect color reproduction but just play with them and see what fits you honestly it seems like the pcitures have a filter apply but you can get really good shots . The one picture that looks more plain of the drawing that is normal camera huaweis camera. The one that looks like a filter apply thats the gcam. Cheers.
    Sorry guys i have bad news for you. Huawei and Honor have officially disabled support for Google camera in their latest EMUI 9. All who got the EMUI 9 will not get the taste of Google camera anymore until they will enable it again. According to the developer Urynx05.
    This was my biggest ever mistake i brought the honor phone. These people are disgusting. These people restrict users in all the way. You can't do anything with your mobile.
    1:- You can't unlock the bootloader
    2:- Now disabled the support of Google camera
    3:- Third party launchers are not working well with EMUI 9
    4:- You can't record the logcat. If you record the logact there will be no meaningful information.

ArnovaG82 did the great job. He did so much hard work to make Google camera compatible with kirin devices. We were enjoying the Google camera on EMUI 8.2. we were happy about it but Huawei and Honor disabled completely in their latest EMUI 9 update.
    I am not gonna buy Honor/Huawei smartphone ever again because these people are not giving any freedom to the users.
    If Huawei/Honor don't like these things why dont they make their own operating system..
    Any news for a working GCam v6 on Pie (Mate 10 Pro)?
    Works in my Huawei Mate 10, with EMUI 8.0.0. However, colors are so pale both in night sight and normal mode. Also app crashed a few times during night sight.

bsg mod settings ->saturation-> back camera -> highlight saturation 2,5 ->shadow saturation 2.2