Themes / Apps / Mods GCam 8.1 for Nothing Phone 1 with Config

Search This thread

nalkal

Sep 29, 2022
Thanks to Wichaya for developing this version of GCam 8.1

After trying different versions of GCam for our Nothing Phone 1, I finally found this proper GCam file!

Tried different config files for days & finally created a one that,

• Clicks detailed pictures without too much HDR+ or oversharpening
  • Very minimal color difference between Main & Ultra wide lens
  • External-mic works like charm
NOTE:
  • No macro mode
  • Slow-motion doesn't work on Ultra-wide cam. Will force close

HOW TO INSTALL:
  • Download the Atttached GCam file, Install it
  • Place the Config file in Internal Storage/GCam/Configs8/ Folder
  • Open GCam, give the required permissions, tap the blank space to your right of shutter icon
  • On the pop-up, choose "Nalann's Nothing.xml", Click on update & Restart the Camera

Attachments

• GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.6_Snapcam.apk
    71.7 MB · Views: 901
  • Nalann's Nothing.xml
    14.4 KB · Views: 329
is there any benefit to using Gcam though? Every phone I've tried it on just makes it laggy, with noticable delay between pressing the shutter and capturing the actual photo
It depends on who you ask. I personally love using GCam for the colour tones and styles it produces. I personally own a lot of phones including some from the actual Pixel lineup, and the consistency GCam makes on different devices Is just awesome.

Reactions: nalkal

nalkal

Sep 29, 2022
is there any benefit to using Gcam though? Every phone I've tried it on just makes it laggy, with noticable delay between pressing the shutter and capturing the actual photo
I have been using GCam on most of my androids, midrange to premium ones. The lag or delay you noticed may be due to wrong version of Gcam(not optimized for the phone's processor) or an incapable processor that was unable to handle those HDR+ with ZSL(Zero shutter Lag) or atmost minimal lag. It may be even due to an wrong config file.

Personally Gcam provides better details, specially for selfies. Also the color tone, skin tones will be more realistic And few additional options like external mic support, tweaking the image processing as per your likability through advanced settings etc. I was annoyed as i was uanble to use external mic on default camera app of nothing. And finally this GCam version of wichaya helped me out in Fixing this. Im using wireless mic to record videos and it works like charm

kabirjedi

Nov 23, 2010
Budapest
van valami haszna a Gcam használatának? Minden telefon, amelyen kipróbáltam, csak késlelteti, észrevehető késéssel az exponáló lenyomása és a tényleges fénykép elkészítése között.
Yes! Now the 1.1.4 farkkk up the UW(Oversaturated,oversharpened noise)
Nalkal!Thank you!! The uw and regular camera color profile almost perfect good job mate!

Last edited:
Reactions: nalkal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is already gcam thread for this phone.

It depends on who you ask. I personally love using GCam for the colour tones and styles it produces. I personally own a lot of phones including some from the actual Pixel lineup, and the consistency GCam makes on different devices Is just awesome.
    van valami haszna a Gcam használatának? Minden telefon, amelyen kipróbáltam, csak késlelteti, észrevehető késéssel az exponáló lenyomása és a tényleges fénykép elkészítése között.
    Yes! Now the 1.1.4 farkkk up the UW(Oversaturated,oversharpened noise)
    Nalkal!Thank you!! The uw and regular camera color profile almost perfect good job mate!