Question Gcam and Core Arrive date

Search This thread

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
In stock, the macro turns on, in the menu which is at the top right. Turn on and you will blur
The blur photo is gcam not stock camera

Attachments

• IMG_20210417_195048~2__01.jpg
    IMG_20210417_195048~2__01.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20210417_194816__01.jpg
    IMG_20210417_194816__01.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 282
  • rsz_pxl_20210417_191631895.jpg
    rsz_pxl_20210417_191631895.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 285

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
I said that in gcam, these numbers indicate camera modules. And in stock 2, this is a zoom.
P.S
1.9 The focus will be at a distance of 3-7 centimeters.
Because this is a macro.
Oh sorry I was confused. The option at same location is different. I didn't know that. Thanks for clarification.

Reactions: Dencherk

webvan

May 20, 2008
I said that in gcam, these numbers indicate camera modules. And in stock 2, this is a zoom.
P.S
1.9 The focus will be at a distance of 3-7 centimeters.
Because this is a macro.

And the 2x is a digital zoom according to the specs. The native app also has 5x and 10x and that is digital of course.

Jason_Lim

Jun 9, 2020
macro is for taking photos of closeup subjects. You have to get the camera to the subject as close as possible then tap on the screen to focus. It will be clear then
oh ya, I tested, it works, but if i put too near, it became blur again ahaha..
I think that all are exactly the same...just choose the app name you want (com.xxxx)
yeah, tested, it works nice, but what is the use of astrophotography gcam ( in night mode) and google awb though?

Squiddley

It is because when you use night sight you have to open the options and disable "astrophotography".
By the way, last bsg gcam version (mgc_8.1.101_A9_GVq_MGC.apk) is working fine on poco f3, I can use the 3 sensors and quality is already way better than defaut cam on main sensor. I hope someone can create a good configfile.xml for our device so we can unleash the potential of the camera which seems not really well handled by default software and settings.

Thank you, I am new to Android and have just installed this version successfully on my shiny new F3. Not sure if it's necessary, but I'm experimenting in general :)

manisa236

Nov 10, 2006
Den Haag
Naming of all these BSG apps is confusing. I guess the functionality is the same for all of them? Anyways I tried the one ends with MGC and it works fine. Better dynamic range than Stock camera. Detail is about the same. I also tried Urynx05 version 1.2. It hasn't been updated for a long time. I guess development stopped. I think BSG is still slightly better and its development is active.

Fabio Bertelli

• Jan 8, 2016
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    It is because when you use night sight you have to open the options and disable "astrophotography".
    By the way, last bsg gcam version (mgc_8.1.101_A9_GVq_MGC.apk) is working fine on poco f3, I can use the 3 sensors and quality is already way better than defaut cam on main sensor. I hope someone can create a good configfile.xml for our device so we can unleash the potential of the camera which seems not really well handled by default software and settings.
    Thank you mate,
    I installed this version on my phone and are working very well with HDR+ (y)

aclup3

Apr 28, 2015
    Hey guys, so far I've tested Nikita, urnyx and bsg 8 gcams on my F3, but none is working flawlessly. Which versions have you been using? And which is the more polished and more consistently better? Thanks for the help

manisa236

Nov 10, 2006
    Den Haag
    Hey guys, so far I've tested Nikita, urnyx and bsg 8 gcams on my F3, but none is working flawlessly. Which versions have you been using? And which is the more polished and more consistently better? Thanks for the help
    I tried them all. I think BSG is better. Front video was not working in Nikita and Urnyx hasn't been updated for a long time. BSG is updating quite frequently. I use with the default settings. Detail is about the same as stock camera but dynamic range is much better. Maybe detail can be improved as well by tweaking settings or using some libs but I haven't found a good config file for F3 yet.

Pauli69

May 19, 2021
    The stock cam is a fail. I use the Urnyx with HDR (Non HDR+). It is accurate with the lighting and the results are better than the BSG. Furthermore i have tried the config.xml from the Mi 9T, because it seems to have the same sensor (IMX582), but the result are not better. I hope somebody will set up a config.xml.

Top Liked Posts