• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GCAM] Buffer fix by Wyroczen

Search This thread

Wyroczen

Aug 28, 2013
[GCAM] Buffer fix by Wyroczen
Hey, I've made buffer fix for LG V40 in a form of TWRP flashable zip and second option with file for replacement:
It will fix lagging viewfinder in GCAM both nightsight and normal mode.

Instructions:
Boot into TWRP, mount vendor, flash zip.

Requirements:
Stock android 9 work (may or may not work in others)

Downloads:
Celsoazevedo: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/lg-v40-buffer-fix/

Donation:
If you want, you can support my work by sending me donation :)
https://www.paypal.me/wyroczen

XDA: DevDB Information
LG V40 TWRP flashable lib fix.

Last edited:

banesi

Dec 27, 2006
working great on stock, just used latest GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.5.apk

EDIT: it seems after using stock camera, the lag is back. Stock camera crashed for me but worked again after restart. For anyone who wants to revert the change I have attached original, untouched file from Pie firmware.

Attachments

• com.qti.chi.override.so.zip
    312 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Reactions: poixninja

banesi

Dec 27, 2006
Scratch that, my phone reverts to default file after reboot, something is not right with Magisk, will have to check, sorry for confusion

smokinu

Dec 10, 2011
Does anyone know how to manually replace the lib file without using TWRP? I'm rooted and have tried several root file managers. Seems like the original file is still there after reboot.

banesi

Dec 27, 2006
This is for stock ROMs, I am currently using 20f:

you have to disable verity:

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img

you can dump vbmeta.img using qfil

You have to install Magisk also, so dump with qfil boot_a and boot_b, upload them to your phone and patch them with Magisk Manager, back to qfil and flash patched versions back. You will have working root.

Use any File Manager with root to replace com.qti.chi.override.so (SHA1: DE4248C89864CFD676522FE8BD19AA03D4A2BF3E) inside /vendor/lib/hw/

Use external SD card in this process, will save you a lot of headaches and don't use TWRP. For some reasons it doesn't work on stock.

Last edited:

smokinu

Dec 10, 2011
Thanks. I learn something every day. Motorollas disable dm-verity automatically after unlocking the bootloader, so never had to do this seperatly before.

Will the fastboot commands wipe user data?

Does "adb disable-verity" work on those phones as well? Or must it be done in fastboot?

banesi

Dec 27, 2006
it doesn't wipe user data

well, this was working on 20e fw but it doesn't work anymore on 20f fw, I can't mount /vendor or /system as RW in TWRP

smokinu

Dec 10, 2011
you have to disable verity:

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img

you can dump vbmeta.img using qfil

Worked great to disable Verity! Thank you. Took me a moment to realize that I had to copy the vbmeta partitions first, using QFIL. Then rewrite the partitions using the fastboot commands from your post.

The post above should be sticky or prerequisite for the OP.

Unfortunately even with the lagfix file replacing the stock file, Im stll getting the same lag in GCam.

smokinu

Dec 10, 2011
That did the trick. Gcam working great now!
Had to get the file again, this time downloading it directly from celsoazevedo.com. This time the SHA1 matched what you had in your post above.

For reference, using GCam 7.3 from Urnyx05 v1.5 with the config file below. Not claiming it's the perfect, but so far so good....
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.5.apk

Config file
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2020/02/7.2uryny2.1.xml

For some unkown reason even when you magisk/twrp buffer fix, file stays the same

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

well, this is wrong, lib files inside those zips are just stock files, not modified files :confused:

I have updated my previous post.

Mar 17, 2012
when I use your override file on andriod 10( lg v40,v30b), some funtion has bug , cine video mode can't see any thing but full green screen. hope U can do something, THX!

skeeeee

Dec 16, 2015
Sadly this breaks HDR 10 and cine video on stock Q right now. Hope you'd be able to look at this issue! Good job with the buffer fix :)

Top Liked Posts