[GCAM] Buffer fix by Wyroczen

Search This thread

assan9e

Sep 9, 2018
Good day to all ppl! ! Someone who understands buffer fix development. Maybe write a little instruction on how to write such a fix to other devices. I am a user of another phone, and having a compiled file, I can’t understand what was changing initially. I think this information would help not only me. And to many enthusiasts from other phones.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Wanted to update this with my experience, limited to stock android 9 so far. First, I couldn't get any of the twrp or magisk updates to work. I'm pretty sure that's because of the 'system as root' situation, it seems a few update packages just don't work.

It was easy enough to verify by using adb and magisk su to view /vendor/lib/hw and look for the file that's suppose to be updated. In my case it was always the same oem date as the other files. So, after a twrp backup, decided to use a root file explorer and just change the file to the one dated april of this year (the fix).

Worked no probs. The 7.x gcam ports do seem to have better colors and detail, but that's with some pretty limited observations. Not sure about HDR 10 or anything else on 9. But the buffer fix is exactly what you'd want it to be... nice to be able to use a 7.x gcam port.

cheers

camray00

Mar 7, 2020
Has anyone tried this version?

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1260/

It's only for Android 10 and up, but it doesn't need configs, and it worked with only a little glitchyness on my Moto G6 with an unoptimized custom rom. This suggests it would work far better on the LG V40. If a Snapdragon 450 can run it, maybe it'll work even better on an 845. The multi-camera API is supposedly built into Android Q anyway. Let me know how well HDR+ works! :)

Top Liked Posts