• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

GCam developer BSG is working on a GCam version that will support some Huawei (Kirin) devices!

Search This thread

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
"have had some success for Huawei devices on the Kirin processor"

Click here to view screenshots from BSG telegram group.

huaweigcam2.jpg

I believe this is huge news, especially if the GCam devs could get it to work on devices like Huawei P40 series!!

My P40 Pro is currently being repaired (bricked) so can't really test this private BSG GCam build at the moment. :(

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I should get my P40 Pro back in a couple days, so I will be testing this soon!! Of course I cannot share the private build, since it's for donators only and I don't want to be banned from the group and being able to test future builds...

No promises on what works and what doesn't, though. In fact I don't even know if the GCam app will launch correctly, but fingers crossed!

Also, of course if anyone has already tested it, I would appreciate some comments saying if the app even works or not. Thanks.

tsegro

Mar 25, 2015
This might be a really good news, if they will get it to work 🙂
Please test it and update us as soon as you get your device repaired 🤞

skyisblue79

Jul 14, 2020
I should get my P40 Pro back in a couple days, so I will be testing this soon!! Of course I cannot share the private build, since it's for donators only and I don't want to be banned from the group and being able to test future builds...

No promises on what works and what doesn't, though. In fact I don't even know if the GCam app will launch correctly, but fingers crossed!

Also, of course if anyone has already tested it, I would appreciate some comments saying if the app even works or not. Thanks.
hi any update on this? Have you managed to test this build?

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Hi guys. Got my P40 Pro back from repair today.

So I tested the most recent private builds from BSG, and unfortunately the app crashes immediately. I think the BSG devs are still working on a version that will be compatible with some Huawei phones. No idea if the P40 Pro will be one of them. We just have to be patient, and we'll see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "have had some success for Huawei devices on the Kirin processor"

Click here to view screenshots from BSG telegram group.

huaweigcam2.jpg

I believe this is huge news, especially if the GCam devs could get it to work on devices like Huawei P40 series!!

My P40 Pro is currently being repaired (bricked) so can't really test this private BSG GCam build at the moment. :(

Hi guys. Got my P40 Pro back from repair today.

So I tested the most recent private builds from BSG, and unfortunately the app crashes immediately. I think the BSG devs are still working on a version that will be compatible with some Huawei phones. No idea if the P40 Pro will be one of them. We just have to be patient, and we'll see.
    It will never work until Huawei implement Camera2api, which they're not interested in doing.