Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Update 16.5.22
Hi guys
In coordination with dontango777 and shadowstep and in case of better sorting they've allowed me to be the new thread owner.
Thanks to @Dontango777 @shadowstep

I'll try to hold the first posts in this thread up2date and also with your opinion of best gcam.
For this it would be good to know your opinion after you've checked out my newest package. My opinion is that we're on a quite good way, so it's everyday much more dificult to increase picture quality. Further more I think now it's only possible with Shamim APK, but I saw problems in v21, better to take V20.

Any Ideas and suggestions but also critism for the first posts to have a good overview are welcome. I wanna be also neutrally with your help and of course it's possible if your enhancement is the best that I post your package, lib, XML and APK here in the first posts.

I would be glad if a lot of people work together to get the best gcam ever💪(y)🙏

Attachments

• LTpackage-shamimv20-lib-xml3.2.zip
    195.9 MB · Views: 11,248
Last edited:

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Test Area

AGC 7 with my start settings.
It's rarely adjusted in lib patcher but lenses adjusted and noise models...
Try and see that AGC is very useful.... It's not fully adjusted, but it looks that it's like Shamim.
You'll have to install APK, copy lib to designated path, start app, manually import all noise models, the lib and choose my config file. Restarting app and check that the noise models and lib are really set.

All files attached. Sad, it's not possible to share without compress as zip, but the file rules of XDA are as they are... The noise models and lib as zip, unzip and remember the path. The XML for AGC isn't as before in gcam apps, it's a .agc file so unzip the zip to the path SD card /download/AGC8.4/config/

Do it all as recommend otherwise it's not working as aspects....

The ui is a bit in other way. To choose wide, macro, main, front you'll have to touch the left button with 1x (main), 0,6x (wide), 2x (macro), double arrows (front)
Screenshot_20220520-001241_Kamera.png

It sounds all a little difficult but it isn't. Try to get it, it's worth to get good pictures.
I think (at the moment) it's the best app. I know you'll say, before, laptapper said Shamim is the best app but it changes every day .... Depending on my thousands of pictures....

Attachments

• AGC_8.4.300_V7.apk
    136.2 MB · Views: 6,373
  • Noise-models.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 709
  • libgcastartup_ xHDR.zip
    67.7 MB · Views: 1,765
  • LT-AGC7-startxml-v1.zip
    41.7 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:

Bloblom

Mar 17, 2021
Urnyx05: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk

There are configs for our device also.
There actually aren't. The config files are for the mi note 10 pro and the mi 10 pro which are different devices. They were also uploaded in mid-2020 so way before the announcement of the redmi note 10 pro. They were simply miscategorized.

xseryd

Apr 8, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Urnyx05: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk

There are configs for our device also.
Hello, I tried the app (and several other gcam versions) and I am not sattisfied with the night sight. I did not modify the app configuration in any way, so maybe that is the issue.

When I compare the results with my older Redmi note 7 gcam, I consider the Redmi note 7 photos to be a lot better, even though the sensor should be inferior.

On the attached link the lighter image is from Redmi note 7, the darker from Redmi note 10 pro. In the image info both the pictures have 1/4s, Redmi 7 has 9582 ISO, Redmi 10 pro 12643 ISO, but is still a lot darker (f difference is minimal and should not cause this).

When I compared the manual mode I found out I need to use 10x higher ISO in the Redmi note 10 pro to get similar results as in the Redmi note 7 (see " https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/mn09nz ").

Here are the photos:

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong? Should I load some configuration file? Should I download another gcam? Which one has a good night sight for the Redmi 10 pro?

Last edited:

PITERQ

Sep 30, 2012
www.youtube.com

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_123955~2.jpg
    IMG_20210503_123955~2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,397
  • IMG_20210505_201906~2.jpg
    IMG_20210505_201906~2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,383
  • RN10P_burial.7.3.16_piterrrxd_v1.1.xml
    52.2 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Hey gcam lovers

If you would like, you can checkout in a few minutes my new x54 and the laptapper-andermendez-dx43-laptapper-v4 (ltanlt4)
    Both are shamim configs

Comparison of shamim configs

Screenshot_20220815-112445_MiXplorer.png
    Comparaison:
    Kairu final:
    View attachment 5686227
    Sachisk mixed+kairu:
    View attachment 5686229
    Dx43:
    View attachment 5686233
    Laptapperx52:(no thumbnail)
    Agc:
    View attachment 5686241
    Check out the invitation folder with x54 and ltanlt4
    Post in thread 'Gcam Discussion Thread' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gcam-discussion-thread.4250343/post-87285123
    Comparaison:
    Kairu final:
    15 Aug 12_16.LMC.R12 (1).jpg
    Sachisk mixed+kairu:
    RN10PRO_20220815_121659_LMC.R12.jpg
    Dx43:
    LTP-20220815_121718776.jpg
    Laptapperx52:(no thumbnail)
    Agc:
    AGC_20220815_121748101.jpg
    not easy to see the difference, we break our eyes :)
    Sachisk mixed + Kairu xml in theory should give the same result as final Kairu -0- on the main lens, as the values are exactly the same as final Kairu -0- (since the purpose is to try to make the gcam perfect). The only thing that changes is the ultrawide lens, video and AWB values (which are from Sachisk Mixed)
    Quick comparaison :
    MC.R12:Kairu night mod
    RN10PRO:Sachisk mixed+kairu(@joaogordo96 )
    Ur idea is really great cuz sachisk mixed was really good it was my old all day cam but i think in low lights kairu is better.i noticed more noise in ur xml.
    BUT we certainly will improve it and get the best of the idea
    true, sachisk mixed xml it's pretty dark overall, and another thing I noticed is that mixing Kairu's values with sachisk brought a lot of noise in low light environments.
    My final final KAIRU XML (?)

This might just be my very last XML if no problems are found. (For LMC R12 Fix)

Changelog:
    Reduced the green tint on low-light (if it still persists then turn on AWB).

Sharper and reveals even more details.
    Tuned the Wide camera and also fixed the distortion by changing the interface model, turns out it fixes the distortion only after capturing the image.

Added a subtle but very nice beauty mode "✨". It is very nice especially on portrait shots / human shots because it hides a bit of the imperfections (but not too much like what a TikTok filter would). And has the same color profile as the Main lens. I also recommend this mode for a very good low-light or maybe even night pictures because it has very low noise

Please give it a try!
    hi guys
    this is the SACHISK MIXED xml with main lens and front cam from KAIRU FINAL -0-.
    in other words, all of Kairu's main lens natural and definition settings entered into Sachisk's XML. So we have the main camera from Kairu, and the rest (ultrawide lens and video recorder and other configs) from Sachisk. for LMC 8.4 x9s.

i could not change AWB settings, so the main camera has all the settings from Kairu without AWB. AWB settings from Sachisk.

from my last 3 2 and a half months, a LMC x9s is really quite stable, and an XML SACHISK MIXED presented the best compromise between functionality and good quality so far. I decided to mix the best of Kairu with the best of Sachisk according to my opinion.
    My close to final XML. Low noise, high details, and iPhone-like accurate colors.

Fixed the hazy/glowy/blurry-like details or images found on my last XML and also Laptapper's DSLR. It was due to low sabre sharp.

I only tuned the Front and Back cam as the distortion is still not fixed on the Wide cam even when changing rectiface_suppport_level.

Happy to receive feedbacks, good or bad. And if there are any problems, please say it.

(For LMC 12 Fix version)
    Ander, I really like your new XML!

It is a bit grainy in daylight, but this is precisely the type of grain which is more natural, without generating false patterns and fictitious shapes. Did you use a particular noise procession model to achieve this result? This is really great and let me not to regret my old Moto phone.

Zoomed at 300-600%, the resulting image is closer to AGC cam, presented earlier by Yippee-ki-yay. What a nice complement to the XMLs set, thank you!
    New version of my XML:

* Ultra wide and macro added
    * Ultra wide lens distortion fixed
    * All the lenses are optimized for detail instead of fake sharpness
    * Vídeo Stabilization on all the lenses
    After seeing the feedbacks, I decided that I'm going to make an entirely new xml with my own settings from scratch.
    I want to make an xml that everyone will like (not just the detail enthusiasts).

To make it, it will have a natural but leaning to the iPhone warm color look (the majority of the people like iPhone colors more than the cooler colors of androids like Samsung)

And also it will be a social media ready xml like iPhones. So it would have high details and low noise but also balanced as you can't have the best details without having the worst noise. (Tbh I don't really care about having the best ultra details as it would all get compressed so much when uploaded to social media, and what I said earlier having the best details comes with the worst noise. I just want an iPhone-like camera in our phones.)
    My final final KAIRU XML (?)

This might just be my very last XML if no problems are found. (For LMC R12 Fix)

Changelog:
    Reduced the green tint on low-light (if it still persists then turn on AWB).

Sharper and reveals even more details.
    Tuned the Wide camera and also fixed the distortion by changing the interface model, turns out it fixes the distortion only after capturing the image.

Added a subtle but very nice beauty mode "✨". It is very nice especially on portrait shots / human shots because it hides a bit of the imperfections (but not too much like what a TikTok filter would). And has the same color profile as the Main lens. I also recommend this mode for a very good low-light or maybe even night pictures because it has very low noise

Please give it a try!
    Update 16.5.22
    Hi guys
    In coordination with dontango777 and shadowstep and in case of better sorting they've allowed me to be the new thread owner.
    Thanks to @Dontango777 @shadowstep

I'll try to hold the first posts in this thread up2date and also with your opinion of best gcam.
    For this it would be good to know your opinion after you've checked out my newest package. My opinion is that we're on a quite good way, so it's everyday much more dificult to increase picture quality. Further more I think now it's only possible with Shamim APK, but I saw problems in v21, better to take V20.

Any Ideas and suggestions but also critism for the first posts to have a good overview are welcome. I wanna be also neutrally with your help and of course it's possible if your enhancement is the best that I post your package, lib, XML and APK here in the first posts.

I would be glad if a lot of people work together to get the best gcam ever💪(y)🙏
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
    • Better detail without noise or artifacts( as i showed on #1604 and #1605)
    • Front Camera improved to get more natural colour and natural detail
    • 2X zoom with the main lens look lossless no cap
    • No noise at all ( in all the lenses)
    • All the lenses
    To be considered:

This config is based on the most neutral preferences, you'll not find pretentious and cringy colours here.

My intention is to make everything look as natural as posible( no overdenoised, processed but not RAW and useless image).

If you want a good template to start this XML is a good one.

DONE ON LMC R11
    hi guys
    this is the SACHISK MIXED xml with main lens and front cam from KAIRU FINAL -0-.
    in other words, all of Kairu's main lens natural and definition settings entered into Sachisk's XML. So we have the main camera from Kairu, and the rest (ultrawide lens and video recorder and other configs) from Sachisk. for LMC 8.4 x9s.

i could not change AWB settings, so the main camera has all the settings from Kairu without AWB. AWB settings from Sachisk.

from my last 3 2 and a half months, a LMC x9s is really quite stable, and an XML SACHISK MIXED presented the best compromise between functionality and good quality so far. I decided to mix the best of Kairu with the best of Sachisk according to my opinion.