Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

nini_blade

Apr 22, 2022
It's AGC's version of .xml, .agc

I found agcn2 to be very noisy and dark, so I didn't include it in the comparison. My post was long enough already, and I annoyed one member by posting too much. So I want to avoid that.

Put it in Downlaods/AGC8.4./configs - load config from drop-down menu.
I didn't get annoyed by ur posts and im encouraging you to do more if u think that i was annoyed 😅

• Haha
Reactions: Klaus69

srslye

Feb 20, 2014
I didn't get annoyed by ur posts and im encouraging you to do more if u think that i was annoyed 😅
Hehe, no no bud, I wasn't referring to you! :)
Exactly, you were nice and encouraging. I can't remember who it was, but it was a member who only posts occasionally, and when he does, he's kind of unhelpful, like he has some knowledge that would help us, but he won't share it, almost as if we should just know it already. Well, unfortunately I'm not that smart, I have to learn step by step, and make lots of mistakes constantly.

Last edited:

nini_blade

Apr 22, 2022
You were nice and encouraging. I can't remember who it was, but it was a member who only posts occasionally, and when he does, he's kind of unhelpful, like he has some knowledge that would help us, but he won't share it, almost as if we should just know it already. Well, unfortunately I'm not that smart, I have to learn step by step, and make lots of mistakes constantly.
Dw bud,thats why we're in this thread in the first place. We need to learn and try and fail until we find the right xml/app/lib(maybe) and no one should stop u or anyone from sharing ur findings and passion,Cheers!

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
It's AGC's version of .xml, .agc

I found agcn2 to be very noisy and dark, so I didn't include it in the comparison. My post was long enough already, and I annoyed one member by posting too much. So I want to avoid that.

Put it in Downlaods/AGC8.4./configs - load config from drop-down menu.
Agcn2 is only a start config with main settings. Lib patcher nearly nothing adjusted

Reactions: srslye and Klaus69

Klaus69

Jul 2, 2012
Bucuresti
Ok, just tested latest Laptapper vs Mister X latest versions on Shamin.
Laptapper wins by default, Mister is responsible for that bloody black tint i hate so much.

Reactions: srslye

Yippee-ki-yay

Feb 28, 2017
I could go on and on...but I've reached the 20 image max. ;)

Anyway, btw this is not my house, I just live in the roof. I'm pretty poor.
One question, why do you use other HDR?
I always get worse results, do you only activate this?

kQMKtuv.jpg

3yienrh.jpg

Yippee-ki-yay

Feb 28, 2017
By the way this is the base configuration of the GCam BigKaka: AGC_8.4.300.18_V9.1

I share it because I have not done anything. Just put each lens model in noise and color and fix it to correct the distortion in the wide camera. It works everything in this GCam and you get better results than stock. It's how GCam should work on any mobile phone.

Surely the professionals on this forum can improve it.

7tx7G4p.png

Attachments

• Basic.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 28

srslye

Feb 20, 2014
One question, why do you use other HDR?
I always get worse results, do you only activate this?
To clarify: I only choose HDR+E from the main drop down menu, I don't go into advanced and enable HDRnet.

Explanation:
In the past HDRnet always performed worse than HDR+ and HDR+E in my experience (perhaps it was due to my own error, people inform me it's best for capturing fast moving objects, something I rarely require).
So for my comparisons I chose HDR+E as the standard, as I found it to be constantly slightly superior to HDR+.
In LMC, iirc, it might have been the other way around. But for AGC, HDR+E is the way to go, personally, because I want the best shot possible, and I'm willing to make sure I keep still while shooting, no matter what I have to do to stabilise.
If I could afford a tripod or something that would be cool, but some of us are never going to have lots of money to spare. I use a piece of wood sometimes. :p

However, I think at least 2 people now are saying that HDRnet is the best. In that case, I will include it in my next comparison. AGC HDR+E vs AGC HDRnet.

Am I understanding you correctly? Is your image showing that? HDRnet on the left and HDR+E on the right?

If it is, then it will be a happy day! :)

By the way this is the base configuration of the GCam BigKaka: AGC_8.4.300.18_V9.1

I share it because I have not done anything. Just put each lens model in noise and color and fix it to correct the distortion in the wide camera. It works everything in this GCam and you get better results than stock. It's how GCam should work on any mobile phone.

Surely the professionals on this forum can improve it.

I understand, but I still appreciate your effort, and for sharing it, because I didn't know to do that, and probably wouldn't have figured it out myself.

Heck, if performance can be improved even further...how cool would that be. It would be awesome.

I need my phone to take really good photos for the little business I've started. So this is an important matter for my life. I realise it's just a passing hobby for some, and that's cool too. But this means a lot to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klaus69

RUsama602

Jan 13, 2022
Changes:LMC8.4 R13 Fix 1

Added:
Several settings in the TEST patcher
Supplemented the choice of the number of frames 20 by the button

Corrections:
Fixed the "Auto" lens logic (bug in R13), due to which the exposure was disrupted, etc.
Fixed video on additional modules (bug in R13)
Removed a separate setting for selecting the number of frames at night, now it coincides with the simple mode, and you can switch it by clicking the corresponding button.
Other fixes.

• Love
Reactions: srslye and Klaus69

srslye

Feb 20, 2014
Yes, that's why I was asking how you activate it 🤔. Because I just do this and the result is worse: on the left the normal and on the right activating the other HDR.

uC9VkNg.png

😇
Okaay wait, I'm confused again :D, you're saying the sharper left image (earlier post) is HDR+E alone and the right is HDR+E with HDRnet also enabled?

If that is the case, no I never activate HDRnet. I always leave it off. Then we have been in agreement the whole time possibly. :)

Reactions: Yippee-ki-yay

Yippee-ki-yay

Feb 28, 2017
Okaay wait, I'm confused again :D, you're saying the sharper left image (earlier post) is HDR+E alone and the right is HDR+E with HDRnet also enabled?

If that is the case, no I never activate HDRnet. I always leave it off. Then we have been in agreement the whole time possibly. :)
The confusion comes because I don't know where the E in HDR+E comes from. 🤣🤣

Because in the previous image on the left it only says HDR+ (without "E").

Yippee-ki-yay

Feb 28, 2017
Hehe, yea HDR+E (Enhanced) is the third (last) option on the right with the + in the circle O. :)
The translation... 🤦‍♂️

So you were right, we have always talked about the same thing.

I have always used that on my old phone (the redmi note 5). Yes it is true that in all the .xml I was surprised to see that it was not activated by default. Now I understand it

:LOL:

joaogordo96

May 16, 2022
Changes:LMC8.4 R13 Fix 1

Added:
Several settings in the TEST patcher
Supplemented the choice of the number of frames 20 by the button

Corrections:
Fixed the "Auto" lens logic (bug in R13), due to which the exposure was disrupted, etc.
Fixed video on additional modules (bug in R13)
Removed a separate setting for selecting the number of frames at night, now it coincides with the simple mode, and you can switch it by clicking the corresponding button.
Other fixes.
can you share the apk?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use awb, noise models and .so files in Arnova 8.3 and 8.4 there is no option to import awb and nm in bsg8.4.

I like astrophotography and i really like the results from arnova gcams samples attached below (slightly edited in Google photos)
    Other xml, what i've used:

From heyamiyou:
    AMI • SGCam [v34Fix] Lens Fix.xml
    AMI-LMC R12 DSRL 📸 (LMC V12) Fix Lens.xml
    AMI-LMC R12 DSRL 📸 (AWB-COLOR OFILM).xml Change DSLR to color OFILM (not for sunny device)

From Prashant:
    Lmc8.4_r13_prashant_premium_v4.4☘️.xml (This is the last)
    BSG 8.5.300_prashant🍄.xml (only main cam)

From Mohak:
    RMN10ProMax_Mohak⭐⭐BSG 8.1.xml

Unkown:
    LMC-A-Ok_v2_COLOR.xml (very satured)

Note: I'm sorry, but in some I have changed some things, but I don't remember which and what I have changed, but they are minor changes in appearance or operation. The configuration of the xml is all of its creator.
    hi guys this is my new tweaks to improve noise from original kairu final -0-
    just kairu values mixed into sachisk mixed xml with some tweaks by me FOR LMC R10 x9s.

almost hits the details in kairu with less noise in both of lens, but ofcourse i'm still improving.

also working:
    - all lenses color balanced
    - 4K HDR with EIS ON
    - slow-mo
    ultrawide_comparisom.jpg
    I've been a fan of MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b & Andermendz's RN10P.xml combo. Photo quality was great, color is very close to reality, details - good & good sharpness. But, it was a bit darker than reality & color could be up a notch for a dramatic look. So, tweaked some settings to my liking.
    Disabled macro & wide angle as they are worthless to me.
    Feel free to use or do anything.
    tried out your xml with mgc, here are a few comparison shots with kairu final

in both pairs, the first pic is with lmc and kairu final xml and the second one is with mgc and your provided xml

the first pair
    your modified xml provides great deal of quality and sharpness but while having increased the brightness, notice the sky tends to get overblown (its a cloudy and rainy day here so the sky is nowhere near close to how it looks like irl). Kairu's just has that natural tone overall

the second pair
    here, again andermendz's xml modified version is really bright and kinda distorts the colour to what it is like irl, but it'll look really appealing to people who are into rich and popping colours

i also noticed that the xml is wayy sharper and provides a great range of contrast when compared to kairu's

just my thoughts, big ups to you sir for the xml
    Good morning ladies, another interesting comparison.

MIUI 13.0.12 vs PRASHANT 4.4 + LMC R13F2

I confess that I'm a little excited with some results from this XML, but it's still clear that MIUI's 108mp mode is very difficult to achieve by any gcam upscaling.

above all, the other lenses clearly take advantage of HDR+ and XML's precision of detail in 12mp. It's still clear considering 4K videos with EIS turned on.
    My final final KAIRU XML (?)

This might just be my very last XML if no problems are found. (For LMC R12 Fix)

Changelog:
    Reduced the green tint on low-light (if it still persists then turn on AWB).

Sharper and reveals even more details.
    Tuned the Wide camera and also fixed the distortion by changing the interface model, turns out it fixes the distortion only after capturing the image.

Added a subtle but very nice beauty mode "✨". It is very nice especially on portrait shots / human shots because it hides a bit of the imperfections (but not too much like what a TikTok filter would). And has the same color profile as the Main lens. I also recommend this mode for a very good low-light or maybe even night pictures because it has very low noise

Please give it a try!
    20220901 Thread cleaned

In case of deleted files from users in my editable folder, test ended here.

I've followed the moderator suggestion about the sharing and the XDA rules, although I don't like to share with non XDA members.

This first post is now with a link to GDrive with shared xmls and libs
    I've adjusted this folder that everyone can modify files inside.
    Please don't delete files, otherwise the test with the editable shared folder ends.

Screenshot_20220901-193826_Drive.png

The both root documents are editable by everyone....
    20220830 Moderator Information

After a closer look at the thread, I find it is totally against XDA's standing on the way of sharing.
    As a forum user for years, I spent 20 minutes on this thread back and forth, trying to find the direct links to download files but repeatedly encounter such words "xx is in invitation group" and it leads me to nowhere.
    The whole thread will remain closed until I removed all off topic posts about "invitation group". And I believe this may take a few days.

20220901 Moderator Information
    TL;DR: all sharing must be happening on XDA or use XDA as major platform

Wall of Text

This thread has been cleaned from off topic posts. You may notice that in total about 4 pages of posts are gone (147 vs 143).

As posted by some users here, this is one of the largesst gcam thread on XDA and the only thread existing for gcam discussion for this device. Unfortunately, it is not very friendly to new gcam users. A newbie, like myself :p, would be 99.5% lost during browsering this thread and the files people talking about were nowhere to find. This must stop.

I understand a developer's feeling of getting recognization, fulfilled, being needed, helpful, and credited. It is a great achievement to let your hard work to be used by many others. To a developer, getting feedback for sure is a critical way to improve the work. In this thread, I see many users are sharing their work and providiing feedback to each other, not only the main developer here, but each other. I belive in this gcam thread, everyone can develop and you are your own developer. Kudos to every "developers" here. :)

I also understand the feeling of "losing your work" when you posted it but no one cares or use it without feedback, it feels like "stealing" or "underappreciated". But I believe that is only a tiny portion of users, especially on XDA. And the background reason also varies: some users are new to this development or shy to share or just want to cherry pick the best for themselves. XDA is on internet, and on internet, we see all kinds of people like in your work, in your life. We accept the fact that users are not all perfect but to see the beauty in it: sharing the work with others.

From now on, please share the xml files directly on XDA. And for OP @Laptapper , I highly suggest you update the first post to include a repo or filehost or any format of summary you like to give others an overview of current progress. For example, you could release a monthly version and then continue ongoing test with users. This is just my suggestion and you have every right to select the way of sharing.

In the end, I want to emphasize one point:
    all sharing must be happening on XDA or use XDA as major platform. Otherwise it is not allowed by our rules and content will be removed.

Thanks for reading this wall of text. Hope you all have a good time developing! :D
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    hi guys
    this is the SACHISK MIXED xml with main lens and front cam from KAIRU FINAL -0-.
    in other words, all of Kairu's main lens natural and definition settings entered into Sachisk's XML. So we have the main camera from Kairu, and the rest (ultrawide lens and video recorder and other configs) from Sachisk. for LMC 8.4 x9s.

i could not change AWB settings, so the main camera has all the settings from Kairu without AWB. AWB settings from Sachisk.

from my last 3 2 and a half months, a LMC x9s is really quite stable, and an XML SACHISK MIXED presented the best compromise between functionality and good quality so far. I decided to mix the best of Kairu with the best of Sachisk according to my opinion.