Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

nini_blade

Apr 22, 2022
Quick comparaison :
Lmc.r12:kairu
(There's 2 ltp so check the file size to know which xml. 3.3mb is dx43 and 6.6mb is laptapper 52 )
Ur thoughts?

Attachments

• 13 Aug 10_30.LMC.R12 (1).jpg
    13 Aug 10_30.LMC.R12 (1).jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 78
  • LTP-20220813_103038133.jpg
    LTP-20220813_103038133.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
  • LTP-20220813_103015795.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 47

Szacki

Jul 5, 2022
my first contribution with two pics, made with LMC 8.4 r13 / KAIRU FINAL [0].xml
the fist picture directly jpg
the second from RAW file worked with Lightroom and photoshop. (I like to works on picture with)
I added a cloody sky, how in those days with the heat wave, it is not clood on our sky!
Also, you can see aridity on the picture!

Attachments

• 9 Aug 07_55.Lmc_KAIRU FINAL.jpg
    9 Aug 07_55.Lmc_KAIRU FINAL.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 54
  • 9 Aug 07_55.Lmc_RAW.jpg
    9 Aug 07_55.Lmc_RAW.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 54

srslye

Feb 20, 2014
Quick comparaison :
Lmc.r12:kairu
(There's 2 ltp so check the file size to know which xml. 3.3mb is dx43 and 6.6mb is laptapper 52 )
Ur thoughts?
In this scene, ..I don't know which is more accurate, but Kairu seems overexposed, blows the highlights, to my eyes. Ltp 52? is more similar to Kairu than Ltp dx43? But deals with the highlights better.
But actually, for me the most pleasing to look at is Ltp dx43?...! I love that image.

nini_blade

Apr 22, 2022
In this scene, ..I don't know which is more accurate, but Kairu seems overexposed, blows the highlights, to my eyes. Ltp 52? is more similar to Kairu than Ltp dx43? But deals with the highlights better.
But actually, for me the most pleasing to look at is Ltp dx43?...! I love that image.
Imo ltp52 is the closest to reality BUT dx43 is really better to look at!

srslye

Feb 20, 2014
Sharpness is set at 50 – 60% at mine, so i guess we really need to define a concept for detail here, Over sharpness is not more detail.
Don't mind me bro, I barely know what I'm talking about! :p

I personally like to try use sharpness to clarify fine detail to the point where it is most clearly defined, but before it begins to distort or look look harsh and cold.

My favourite method is "calibrating" using the cover of a childrens book, which has text to focus, but also match the emotion on the characters' faces.

Last edited:

Szacki

Jul 5, 2022
photos taken this morning before the storm, for quick comparison, with LMC8.4 v13
xml from KAIRU FINAL [0] - andermendz3 - SACHISK_MIXED+KAIRUFINAL-0
hard to choose which one I prefer

Attachments

• AMV_20220814_071527_andermendz3.3.jpg
    AMV_20220814_071527_andermendz3.3.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 50
  • Kairu Final 0-14 Aug 07_14.LMC.R12.jpg
    Kairu Final 0-14 Aug 07_14.LMC.R12.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 51
  • smk-RN10PRO_20220814_071553_LMC.R12.MP.jpg
    smk-RN10PRO_20220814_071553_LMC.R12.MP.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 50

pratick Singh

Oct 28, 2014
sonepat
I have been playing with BSG 8.1 lately and found it most stable Gcam for our device, it has almost everything working with mohak xml and intro555 xml. So my question is that why should we not focus on BSG 8.1?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Fixed By Darkstar For Redmi Note 10 pro/max

What's New!!!

⚡️-Fixed UltraWide Lens Distortion. ⤵️
    (Works with HDR+ only, If you wanna make it work with Hdr+E then Disable Geometric Calibration Raw fix from “Few stuffs & Customizations”).

But Remember You can't import Raw/DNG to Lightroom when You take pics with Geometric Raw Disabled.

⚡️- Added 4k60fps.
    ⚡️-Fixed File Name Format.
    ⚡️-Fixed Some other Minor Issues.

⏩ After Installing APK clear app data before loading XML⏪

NOTE:

1. Fixed so you can use official SGCAM v36

2. 𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢_V5_WT🕊- for White skin Tone (Selfie)
    3. 𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢_V5_BT🦅- for Brown skin Tone(Selfie)
    4. Load xml 2 times to make sure.

Download link 👇

💠Apk: Fixed so you can use official ( no need to use special mode by saikat)

💠XML:https://t.me/xmlbysaikat/68

💭XML Directory:
    Storage/SGCAM/XML
    [uppercase letter matters]

--If you can't find the folders, create them manually.

🔥Join My channel for new xml instead of DM.
    Channel link https://t.me/xmlbysaikat

Note: This xml was built specially for saikats special build but i fixed it to work perfectly on official build use Lib to get perfect pictures all credits to Saikat for his works
    I use awb, noise models and .so files in Arnova 8.3 and 8.4 there is no option to import awb and nm in bsg8.4.

I like astrophotography and i really like the results from arnova gcams samples attached below (slightly edited in Google photos)
    Other xml, what i've used:

From heyamiyou:
    AMI • SGCam [v34Fix] Lens Fix.xml
    AMI-LMC R12 DSRL 📸 (LMC V12) Fix Lens.xml
    AMI-LMC R12 DSRL 📸 (AWB-COLOR OFILM).xml Change DSLR to color OFILM (not for sunny device)

From Prashant:
    Lmc8.4_r13_prashant_premium_v4.4☘️.xml (This is the last)
    BSG 8.5.300_prashant🍄.xml (only main cam)

From Mohak:
    RMN10ProMax_Mohak⭐⭐BSG 8.1.xml

Unkown:
    LMC-A-Ok_v2_COLOR.xml (very satured)

Note: I'm sorry, but in some I have changed some things, but I don't remember which and what I have changed, but they are minor changes in appearance or operation. The configuration of the xml is all of its creator.
    hi guys this is my new tweaks to improve noise from original kairu final -0-
    just kairu values mixed into sachisk mixed xml with some tweaks by me FOR LMC R10 x9s.

almost hits the details in kairu with less noise in both of lens, but ofcourse i'm still improving.

also working:
    - all lenses color balanced
    - 4K HDR with EIS ON
    - slow-mo
    ultrawide_comparisom.jpg
    New XML of MISTERX for LMC 8.4 R13 Fix2

Step to install:

1. Install LMC 8.4 R13 Fix2 (if not already present on device, link: https://gcambrasil.com.br/devs/hasli/changelog220814/LMC8.4_R13_Fix2.apk)
    2. Create a directory "LMC8.4" in the root of internal memory device
    3. Put the XML in \LMC8.4\
    4. Open LMC 8.4 R13 Fix2 and load XML (twice for security)

Note:

- No libs required (use google default)
    - Tested on MIUI13 stock release 13.0.13
    - Tested on sweet Redmi Note 10 Pro (no MAX)
    I've been a fan of MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b & Andermendz's RN10P.xml combo. Photo quality was great, color is very close to reality, details - good & good sharpness. But, it was a bit darker than reality & color could be up a notch for a dramatic look. So, tweaked some settings to my liking.
    Disabled macro & wide angle as they are worthless to me.
    Feel free to use or do anything.
    tried out your xml with mgc, here are a few comparison shots with kairu final

in both pairs, the first pic is with lmc and kairu final xml and the second one is with mgc and your provided xml

the first pair
    your modified xml provides great deal of quality and sharpness but while having increased the brightness, notice the sky tends to get overblown (its a cloudy and rainy day here so the sky is nowhere near close to how it looks like irl). Kairu's just has that natural tone overall

the second pair
    here, again andermendz's xml modified version is really bright and kinda distorts the colour to what it is like irl, but it'll look really appealing to people who are into rich and popping colours

i also noticed that the xml is wayy sharper and provides a great range of contrast when compared to kairu's

just my thoughts, big ups to you sir for the xml
    My final final KAIRU XML (?)

This might just be my very last XML if no problems are found. (For LMC R12 Fix)

Changelog:
    Reduced the green tint on low-light (if it still persists then turn on AWB).

Sharper and reveals even more details.
    Tuned the Wide camera and also fixed the distortion by changing the interface model, turns out it fixes the distortion only after capturing the image.

Added a subtle but very nice beauty mode "✨". It is very nice especially on portrait shots / human shots because it hides a bit of the imperfections (but not too much like what a TikTok filter would). And has the same color profile as the Main lens. I also recommend this mode for a very good low-light or maybe even night pictures because it has very low noise

Please give it a try!
    20220901 Thread cleaned

In case of deleted files from users in my editable folder, test ended here.

I've followed the moderator suggestion about the sharing and the XDA rules, although I don't like to share with non XDA members.

This first post is now with a link to GDrive with shared xmls and libs
    I've adjusted this folder that everyone can modify files inside.
    Please don't delete files, otherwise the test with the editable shared folder ends.

Screenshot_20220901-193826_Drive.png

The both root documents are editable by everyone....
    20220830 Moderator Information

After a closer look at the thread, I find it is totally against XDA's standing on the way of sharing.
    As a forum user for years, I spent 20 minutes on this thread back and forth, trying to find the direct links to download files but repeatedly encounter such words "xx is in invitation group" and it leads me to nowhere.
    The whole thread will remain closed until I removed all off topic posts about "invitation group". And I believe this may take a few days.

20220901 Moderator Information
    TL;DR: all sharing must be happening on XDA or use XDA as major platform

Wall of Text

This thread has been cleaned from off topic posts. You may notice that in total about 4 pages of posts are gone (147 vs 143).

As posted by some users here, this is one of the largesst gcam thread on XDA and the only thread existing for gcam discussion for this device. Unfortunately, it is not very friendly to new gcam users. A newbie, like myself :p, would be 99.5% lost during browsering this thread and the files people talking about were nowhere to find. This must stop.

I understand a developer's feeling of getting recognization, fulfilled, being needed, helpful, and credited. It is a great achievement to let your hard work to be used by many others. To a developer, getting feedback for sure is a critical way to improve the work. In this thread, I see many users are sharing their work and providiing feedback to each other, not only the main developer here, but each other. I belive in this gcam thread, everyone can develop and you are your own developer. Kudos to every "developers" here. :)

I also understand the feeling of "losing your work" when you posted it but no one cares or use it without feedback, it feels like "stealing" or "underappreciated". But I believe that is only a tiny portion of users, especially on XDA. And the background reason also varies: some users are new to this development or shy to share or just want to cherry pick the best for themselves. XDA is on internet, and on internet, we see all kinds of people like in your work, in your life. We accept the fact that users are not all perfect but to see the beauty in it: sharing the work with others.

From now on, please share the xml files directly on XDA. And for OP @Laptapper , I highly suggest you update the first post to include a repo or filehost or any format of summary you like to give others an overview of current progress. For example, you could release a monthly version and then continue ongoing test with users. This is just my suggestion and you have every right to select the way of sharing.

In the end, I want to emphasize one point:
    all sharing must be happening on XDA or use XDA as major platform. Otherwise it is not allowed by our rules and content will be removed.

Thanks for reading this wall of text. Hope you all have a good time developing! :D
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    hi guys
    this is the SACHISK MIXED xml with main lens and front cam from KAIRU FINAL -0-.
    in other words, all of Kairu's main lens natural and definition settings entered into Sachisk's XML. So we have the main camera from Kairu, and the rest (ultrawide lens and video recorder and other configs) from Sachisk. for LMC 8.4 x9s.

i could not change AWB settings, so the main camera has all the settings from Kairu without AWB. AWB settings from Sachisk.

from my last 3 2 and a half months, a LMC x9s is really quite stable, and an XML SACHISK MIXED presented the best compromise between functionality and good quality so far. I decided to mix the best of Kairu with the best of Sachisk according to my opinion.