• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

fsbworld

Oct 6, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Anyone here using the GCam MOD & GCam conf & GCam Lib having issues with the Ultrawide Lens images being too grainy/noisy?
I second this. Too much grain for the ultrawide. Reds and blues are a bit too saturated for my tastes. The skin tones are way off in my opinion, so I avoid taking pictures of myself lol, comes out awful. Other than that, I'm liking it so far.

Would love to tweak some settings of my own but the insane amount of options overwhelm me. Anyone got a guide for the GCam settings or something? so I can play around a bit.

predragiPredrag

Jan 8, 2012
Thanks, missed some config aspect, now it have to be fixed: BSG-PV4-Lupo-conf-2021101401.xml
Hi lubo777 that is some briliant work, my friend used it in his Motorola Edge 20 pro that has same sensor as 10 pro and images are better. I have noticed one thing, your config and libs make colors on images look more like they were taken using Samsung phones then Google or Motorola which tend to have more acurate colors.
Is it posible to ask to tone down colours, to have more natural look?

As you can see on this image, they are little bit over the top, similar to your comparations :)

Or tell me where can I set saturation on my own :)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021
With regards with GCam MOD & GCam conf & GCam Lib:

Selfies were actually fine on my end with the previous config (This one), my only gripe about it was the ultrawide camera being grainy. I am using the Redmi Note 10 Pro using the GCam Mod, library and config that was posted on the 4th of October 2021. Here is the sample image of the selfie portrait.

Attachments

• PXL_20211019_170201186.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211019_170201186.PORTRAIT.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    UPDATE:
    - Ultrawide now has distortion correction
    - Slow Motion video fixed (thanks @zelodev)
    - Numerous small quality improvements
    - Turned off HDR+ Enhanced by default (you can turn it on whenever you like)
    heres xdadine's latest config with fixed slow motion video
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

There is no support of wide and macro lens in this BSG camera lol, or am I missing something?
    The support of all 3 cameras in the latest 8.1 BSG version is brilliant, probable in a few days it will be available also for the newest BSG 8.3 version - actually I haven't tested it yet! :)
    P.S. During the last few days I was busy on a bicycle marathon but now I'm back and I'm ready to continue the tests of the best GCam mods and also the ANX Camera support for AOSP based ROMs.
    During the last 3 days I used almost only the BSG 8.1 version GCam mod with the config in the attachments below.
    I'm extremely happy with the BSG v8.1 results, below I'm posting few shots.

ISSUES:

UPDATE:
    - Ultrawide now has distortion correction
    - Slow Motion video fixed (thanks @zelodev)
    - Numerous small quality improvements
    - Turned off HDR+ Enhanced by default (you can turn it on whenever you like)
    Continued my GCam tests today and I think that I have found the BEST working GCam for our device - the best only from the few mods I have tested .. :) :) :)
    I have made a lot a lot of tests today and the best detail and quality I have received from the latest BSG GCam mod with BSG Gcam config for Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro from Alim.xml, link to the .xml config here: Alim.xml.
    I have tested and compared the same scene with the same focus point, the camera is placed on tripod.

Below you can find some of my latest tests:
    On the name of the file I have written the name of the camera used and if it is with HDR+ switched on or off:

IMG_20210814_193720-trCamera-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193734-trCamera.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193804681-Parrot043-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193813189-Parrot043.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193835-MIUI-Photo-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193841-MIUI-Photo.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193857-MIUI-UltraWide-Lens.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193937-MIUI-Pro-mode.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193953-MIUI-108px.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194009056-BSG-M51-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194019054-BSG-M51.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194057612-BSG-Alim-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194110785-BSG-Alim.jpg
    As you can see alone the best result on the image when zoomed as clean detail with no strange pixels and noise is on the pictures made with the latest BSG GCam mod with Alim config.
    This GCam mod supports perfectly the 3 back cameras and the front one with extremely detailed configuration options per each camera.
    All this extremely long list of configurations available per each of the 3 cameras you can find in Settings / Modules
    0.6 is the Ultra Wide camera
    1.0 is the main Wide camera
    2.0 is the Macro camera
    In front of the BSG GCam interface you can choose which one of the 3 cameras you use.
    Tomorrow I'll test different configs and GCam mods and I'll post more info if I find better Camera / Config for Redmi Note 10 Pro ...
    :) :) :)
    Has somebody found a working gcam for the pro version ?
    Urnyx05: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk

There are configs for our device also.