• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

a safe haven

Oct 24, 2016
Dhaka
Can anyone recommend me a gcam version where the pictures from the front cam looks usuable and natural?
I used lubos config they seem to be a bit over processed, pictures comes out a bit darker than usual, grainy and skin color doesn't look natural at all.

Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
- For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
- Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
- Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
- Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
- Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
- No distortion correction in ultrawide
- In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
- Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!

Attachments

• [bsg]_xdadine_sweetener.xml
    39.4 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:

a safe haven

Oct 24, 2016
Dhaka
Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking.
- Based on jeneeek's config

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, selfie)
Stabilised 4k recording for all cameras also configured (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
- Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
- Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

I recommend keeping HDR+ Enhanced on, as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro. At the cost of ~1 sec shutter time.

ISSUES:
- Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
- Viewfinder may be get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

Thanks took a few pictures using the front cam, looks much more natural and is not grainy.
I will keep you posted if I come across the issues you listed and more.

Update: Night mode needs work as listed, very noisy and unusable.

Last edited:
Reactions: byteperbyte
Dec 17, 2018
- Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
- Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
- Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

Thanks a lot for this!! I was looking for something like this. I have been using BSG PV4 as well and it seems to be the most stable. I'm fine with everything but is there any way to turn on the 1.2x zoom in portrait?

I like portraits that are zoomed in cos they look more realistic so if anyone knows how to turn on zoom for portrait mode, pls lemme know

Edit: nvm guys, I figured it out. There's an option in developer settings that lets you change the zoom factor for double tap. I just made that 1.5x and now I have the proper zoom in portrait with a double tap.

Last edited:
Reactions: byteperbyte
Oct 10, 2021

ISSUES:

This looks amazing and definitely an improvement

Howard_Stark

Jul 7, 2016

ISSUES:

THANK YOU!
This is the first config I tried that is producing consistently better photos than miui camera.
Everything working nicely so far, including 4K EIS. Also HDR+ is not slow like with other configs.
Looking forward to your next upload😉

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016

ISSUES:

I'll check this out.
Anyway, thanks for your work and for sharing. Go on

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
@lubo777
Did you've tried this?

ISSUES:

Rubikx

Aug 21, 2021

ISSUES:

Thank you, loving it so far

intelinside70

Oct 19, 2007

ISSUES:

After a week of test, this config / gcam mod are good, but compared to miui stock camera in miui stock rom, the results are a little bit superior, non a surprise or a "wow" effects. Miui stock camera are fast, good shots when you need a immediate photo and in pro mode produce at the last the same results. Only in night mode and in a video eis, i see a superior difference.

After a week of test, this config / gcam mod are good, but compared to miui stock camera in miui stock rom, the results are a little bit superior, non a surprise or a "wow" effects. Miui stock camera are fast, good shots when you need a immediate photo and in pro mode produce at the last the same results. Only in night mode and in a video eis, i see a superior difference.
This phone has one of the best stock cameras in its range imo, in good light there's not really much to improve on besides less oversharpening and giving a bit better dynamic range.
Where the MIUI camera underperforms is in low light conditions, so that's where my config will hopefully show the biggest improvements. Try switching to HDR+ instead of Enhanced if you don't want to wait for processing.

Last edited:

boland

ISSUES:

Thank you! I really like it. I used Lupo's config before, but found photos of faces too oversaturated / too sharp. In your config it's definitely better, but still faces don't appear 100% natural to me. Does that make sense?
Well done, thanks again.

jeehuu91

ISSUES:

Thank for this config. I am using it and i liked the results

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ISSUES:

UPDATE:
    - Ultrawide now has distortion correction
    - Slow Motion video fixed (thanks @zelodev)
    - Numerous small quality improvements
    - Turned off HDR+ Enhanced by default (you can turn it on whenever you like)
    heres xdadine's latest config with fixed slow motion video
    I'm using the app GCamator to have the best version working.

Am I doing right?
    No, didn't think so.
    Read posts in this thread, there are a lot of different apps with different configs....

ISSUES:

There is no support of wide and macro lens in this BSG camera lol, or am I missing something?
    The support of all 3 cameras in the latest 8.1 BSG version is brilliant, probable in a few days it will be available also for the newest BSG 8.3 version - actually I haven't tested it yet! :)
    P.S. During the last few days I was busy on a bicycle marathon but now I'm back and I'm ready to continue the tests of the best GCam mods and also the ANX Camera support for AOSP based ROMs.
    During the last 3 days I used almost only the BSG 8.1 version GCam mod with the config in the attachments below.
    I'm extremely happy with the BSG v8.1 results, below I'm posting few shots.
    Continued my GCam tests today and I think that I have found the BEST working GCam for our device - the best only from the few mods I have tested .. :) :) :)
    I have made a lot a lot of tests today and the best detail and quality I have received from the latest BSG GCam mod with BSG Gcam config for Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro from Alim.xml, link to the .xml config here: Alim.xml.
    I have tested and compared the same scene with the same focus point, the camera is placed on tripod.

Below you can find some of my latest tests:
    On the name of the file I have written the name of the camera used and if it is with HDR+ switched on or off:

IMG_20210814_193720-trCamera-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193734-trCamera.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193804681-Parrot043-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193813189-Parrot043.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193835-MIUI-Photo-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193841-MIUI-Photo.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193857-MIUI-UltraWide-Lens.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193937-MIUI-Pro-mode.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193953-MIUI-108px.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194009056-BSG-M51-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194019054-BSG-M51.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194057612-BSG-Alim-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194110785-BSG-Alim.jpg
    As you can see alone the best result on the image when zoomed as clean detail with no strange pixels and noise is on the pictures made with the latest BSG GCam mod with Alim config.
    This GCam mod supports perfectly the 3 back cameras and the front one with extremely detailed configuration options per each camera.
    All this extremely long list of configurations available per each of the 3 cameras you can find in Settings / Modules
    0.6 is the Ultra Wide camera
    1.0 is the main Wide camera
    2.0 is the Macro camera
    In front of the BSG GCam interface you can choose which one of the 3 cameras you use.
    Tomorrow I'll test different configs and GCam mods and I'll post more info if I find better Camera / Config for Redmi Note 10 Pro ...
    :) :) :)

ISSUES:

UPDATE:
    - Ultrawide now has distortion correction
    - Slow Motion video fixed (thanks @zelodev)
    - Numerous small quality improvements
    - Turned off HDR+ Enhanced by default (you can turn it on whenever you like)
    Has somebody found a working gcam for the pro version ?
    Urnyx05: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk

There are configs for our device also.