Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Which gcam APK would be the best to enhance the picture quality further

• Total voters
Search This thread

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
OK, I managed to somewhat locate the cause of the crashes I'm getting when using Laptapper's lib and try to use Night Sight (either the mode itself, which crashes as soon as I switch to it, or take picture with the auto Night Sight in normal Camera mode). I noticed that the wide angle camera doesn't crash, so I figured it could be something that's different between the two camera module's configs...

And sure enough, it seems to be. Specifically, the Sharp module in the main camera module settings. If I disable the Sharp module, no more crashing.

I guess the next step would be to try and see if a specific setting in the Sharp module causes that. I've tried a few very quickly, but I can't spend more time on it right now. But I'll continue when I can.
Please try to import first the lib and then the XML.
If you take XML before lib then I reproduced your crashes

Reactions: Case_

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
OK, I managed to somewhat locate the cause of the crashes I'm getting when using Laptapper's lib and try to use Night Sight (either the mode itself, which crashes as soon as I switch to it, or take picture with the auto Night Sight in normal Camera mode). I noticed that the wide angle camera doesn't crash, so I figured it could be something that's different between the two camera module's configs...

And sure enough, it seems to be. Specifically, the Sharp module in the main camera module settings. If I disable the Sharp module, no more crashing.

I guess the next step would be to try and see if a specific setting in the Sharp module causes that. I've tried a few very quickly, but I can't spend more time on it right now. But I'll continue when I can.
So I've started from scratch to install.
Reset settings memory cache of the mtsl cam.
Open it and give asked allowances.
Import lib with long press gallery Symbol (before copy the lib to path which described in older Posts).
Import XML by double click in black area near the shot button.
Close app
Restart app
Now all working except slomo (this is a other separated problem)

Reactions: Case_

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Hello to all
Which gcam you're using now for best sharp pictures for smallest details?

I've found this gcam explanation and I'll hope it's interesting for all of us:

Libpatcher: is a custom setting where you can configure all the settings to your liking

Time Range: Change the graininess of the image by affecting the noise, the higher the image the more blurry and less noise, the lower the noisier, but more detail

Tone Curve: Adjusts the dark points, white points, shadows and highlights. It is recommended to enable and leave the default values.

Sharpness - controls the sharpness of the image. Zoom in for low-light shots and zoom out for selfies. THIS IS A PERSONAL PREFERENCE, SUITABLE FOR YOUR NEEDS

Luminance Noise Reduction: Controls the "graininess" in images caused by high ISOs. Decrease it for more detail at the expense of high noise, or increase it if the noise is unacceptable to you

Color Noise Reduction - Controls color spots. There is usually no need to adjust it as this will not improve the quality, but you can increase it slightly if you see colored spots in the dark. Too much color noise can cause saturation to drop. Also known as color noise

Contrast - controls the contrast of the image. Increase it if you want darker shadows and decrease it to make it brighter. THIS IS A PERSONAL PREFERENCE, ADJUST IT ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS

Saturation - controls the saturation of the image. Increase it if you want more saturated colors in your photos. THIS IS A PERSONAL PREFERENCE, SUITABLE FOR YOUR NEEDS

Levels of luminance noise reduction

Level 1 (detail) changes the photo slightly, softening the small elements slightly

Level 2 (rough surfaces) seriously alters the image by smoothing the grain

Level 3 (edges) doesn't change much. Lightly sand the edges

Level 4 (smooth surfaces) radically alters the image making it posterized by smoothing large areas of the same color. Avoid magnification greater than 1.0

Levels of color noise reduction

Level 1 (detail) fine textures, but the same goes for rough details

Level 2 (rough surfaces) fine textures, but the same goes for rough details

Level 3 (edges) Edges are mainly defined by the contrast between one object and another

Level 4 (Smooth Surfaces) Smooth surfaces are generally uniform areas of the image. Like wallpaper with a few small details

Reactions: SachiSK

mfnsa

Nov 25, 2021
我同意自拍摄像头还有很大的改进空间,我打算努力让它变得更好(以及夜间模式),但最近我一直忙于其他事情,现在我鼓励任何进行调整或改进的人发布他们在这里。

并感谢大家对配置的反馈和客气话。

I agree there's lots of room for improvement with the selfie cam, I intend to work on making it better (along with night mode) but lately I've been busy with other things, for now I encourage anyone who makes tweaks or improvements to post them here.

And thank you everyone for your feedback and kind words about the config.
The noise of gcam pv4 is too obvious at night, can you help to fix it as soon as possible, and your configuration details should be the best version, thank you very much for your contribution to this version

Case_

Aug 12, 2009
Brno
www.edgeoftheworld.cz
@Laptapper Yep, that way no crashes, thank you. I was doing it the other way around, first load XML, then select the library. Didn't occur to me the order could matter.

But the whole library selection and such seems really confusing in this GCam port still and possibly somewhat bugged (understandably so). I mean if I do it in the order you described, then for main cam, the Entry lib setting is completely unset. And it also seems like the Entry lib setting is separate to the (ID) Camera Lib from Dir setting, because you can set the Entry lib to say Google, but the Camera Lib from Dir can still be set to the patched one, possibly creating unpredictable results... Like I said, confusing, IMO.

Case_

Aug 12, 2009
Brno
www.edgeoftheworld.cz
I might be reinventing the wheel, but haven't seen it mentioned before: if you want to have 60fps working with the main camera instead of getting a crash in the MTSL v5 GCam, go to Settings, scroll down to Stream configuration, enable Open Stream Configuration, leave all of the settings in that section at 0 - Default, and set Video Stream Config to 32828 - Video HSR60.

You should have stabilized 60 fps working fine in FHD mode. Obviously no 60 fps in 4K (the preview works, but once you start recording, nothing is saved and you get an error).

You may also try setting Main Stream Video Config to either 61444 or 61448, but I'm not sure if that actually achieves anything, I haven't been able to notice a difference.

And you can also set the Slow Motion entry there to 32828 if you want to avoid the issue with unintentionally switching the camera to slow motion mode and the application crashing as a result. The setting will not make slow motion mode work (I've tried different session settings, but nothing seems to work, not even custom settings copied from other GCam ports), but at least it will not crash if you switch to it (it will crash once you start recording).

soudakatt

Dec 3, 2020
is it normal for the image to be this warped on the Ultrawide lens?
Screenshot_20220118-233558_MTSLCam_v5.png

it wasn't like this on stock, is there any fix or setting?

fxthomas

Nov 26, 2012
Hello,
Could anyone tell me which Camera dist works well in Cherish OS 3.3.5 . I have heard of gcam mtsl & Anx one.

I have Redmi Note 10 Pro Max on A12 , not sure of the vendor, OSS or MIUI .

Any references will be helpful.

skylerz

Sep 9, 2021
@Laptapper I have tried to follow the guides in the previous posts but i cant seem to get the camera working
what am i doing wrong?
I have put the lib file inside the folder

unnamed.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
unnamed3.jpg

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Reactions: skylerz

Case_

Aug 12, 2009
Brno
www.edgeoftheworld.cz
Like I've mentioned before, the whole lib thing is very confusing (IMO) in this specific port. There's the "Entry Lib" selection that you access by long pressing the gallery button (as shown on your screenshot). I somehow have more options available there, even though I only installed Laptapper's lib.

But then if you go to Settings, Setting up lenses, select one of the cameras and go to Entry Lib, there's once again the same selection of libs, but there's also the Camera Lib from Dir option, which for me at least only shows either the Google Stock option or the Laptapper lib I copied to the Libs folder. The Entry Lib and Camera Lib from Dir options can be set completely independently, one does not depend on the other. So I'm really confused how that it all works - is that Camera Lib from Dir option only active if you select Custom Lib from Dir in Entry lib, and when you do not select it, it still shows as an option, but is not active anymore?

And I also have to say that I honestly can't see a difference between using the Google Stock and (hopefully) Laptapper's lib - either in image quality or in features ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Like I've mentioned before, the whole lib thing is very confusing (IMO) in this specific port. There's the "Entry Lib" selection that you access by long pressing the gallery button (as shown on your screenshot). I somehow have more options available there, even though I only installed Laptapper's lib.

But then if you go to Settings, Setting up lenses, select one of the cameras and go to Entry Lib, there's once again the same selection of libs, but there's also the Camera Lib from Dir option, which for me at least only shows either the Google Stock option or the Laptapper lib I copied to the Libs folder. The Entry Lib and Camera Lib from Dir options can be set completely independently, one does not depend on the other. So I'm really confused how that it all works - is that Camera Lib from Dir option only active if you select Custom Lib from Dir in Entry lib, and when you do not select it, it still shows as an option, but is not active anymore?

And I also have to say that I honestly can't see a difference between using the Google Stock and (hopefully) Laptapper's lib - either in image quality or in features ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But there's a big difference between standard and my XML?

@skylerz
What you think about picture quality?

Reactions: chrome6boy

Top Liked Posts

@Laptapper
    Repeat test (main+macro with panorama, with/without sun, single object, ecc.) results (for me):

1. Shamim V20 + libs + config
    2. AGC 7 + libs + noise modeler + config
    3. LMC R9 + libs + config

Nothing change, Shamim are the best. Why not V21fix for Shamim?
    @Laptapper
    Repeat test (main+macro with panorama, with/without sun, single object, ecc.) results (for me):

1. Shamim V20 + libs + config
    2. AGC 7 + libs + noise modeler + config
    3. LMC R9 + libs + config

Nothing change, Shamim are the best. Why not V21fix for Shamim?
    Shamim v21 produces for me some problems with settings in lib patcher (changings doesn't affect anything or little setting changes produces big changings in picture quality)
    @Laptapper This thread is now under your ownership (including two reserved posts). :)

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator
    New Xml for LMC 8.4 R9

must use lib for better experience of details with this xml

How to use lib
    .first you need to delet data ( clear data , clear cach files and delet file frrom Lmc 8.4)
    .fresh install ,open it, move Lib to directory
    Lmc8.4/lib (creat if doest exist)
    .now load the xml (if place lib in right directory xml will load it auto)
    . confirmation about lib settings/photo processing/ library choose lib from dire (if already enabled dont change anything)

Change logs
    . 108 : now has warmtone little sharp and has more details than main
    . 108 a portrait has more details (upto 30mb file size compared to 20 of main for human portrait)

. Selfies 🤳: can now be taken with all lense it depends on which lens is looks good on you

.wide and macro : give suggestions obout improvement

Must give feedback about our hardwork with samples it will help us to improve further

Credit @Laptapper

Note : attached photo about library after loading xml library should look like this...
    I think there should be a poll or something to vote on what gcam plus libs or config are people using right now to see what is the most popular one anyways reply with what gcam with config are u using right now
    Some samples with 10x zoom hdr enhanced
    Focus is on middle of the object
    Pic 1 in Lmc (new xml)
    Pic 2 laptapper v4
    Pic 3 in shamim (new xml)
    The 1 and 3, both are fine with noise (the configurations are different, I can't choose).
    I still like the Laptapper 1.5 MTSL V5. See comparison with LMC v12 from SachiSK (very windy day, and with a spectacular blue sky).
    Both xmls works in lmc and shamim,need some changes, @Laptapper try these ... @Dbeast6699 i dont have any favorite xml just try all to find best, these two are latest addition to my xml collection
    1.Bsg (xml by mohak and xdadin)
    2.shamim (sachisk , Arcide ,rn10pro)
    3. LmC (laptapper v3, and 30++++😂
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    Update 16.5.22
    Hi guys
    In coordination with dontango777 and shadowstep and in case of better sorting they've allowed me to be the new thread owner.
    Thanks to @Dontango777 @shadowstep

I'll try to hold the first posts in this thread up2date and also with your opinion of best gcam.
    For this it would be good to know your opinion after you've checked out my newest package. My opinion is that we're on a quite good way, so it's everyday much more dificult to increase picture quality. Further more I think now it's only possible with Shamim APK, but I saw problems in v21, better to take V20.

Any Ideas and suggestions but also critism for the first posts to have a good overview are welcome. I wanna be also neutrally with your help and of course it's possible if your enhancement is the best that I post your package, lib, XML and APK here in the first posts.

I would be glad if a lot of people work together to get the best gcam ever💪(y)🙏
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    UPDATE:
    - Ultrawide now has distortion correction
    - Slow Motion video fixed (thanks @zelodev)
    - Numerous small quality improvements
    - Turned off HDR+ Enhanced by default (you can turn it on whenever you like)
    There is no support of wide and macro lens in this BSG camera lol, or am I missing something?
    The support of all 3 cameras in the latest 8.1 BSG version is brilliant, probable in a few days it will be available also for the newest BSG 8.3 version - actually I haven't tested it yet! :)
    P.S. During the last few days I was busy on a bicycle marathon but now I'm back and I'm ready to continue the tests of the best GCam mods and also the ANX Camera support for AOSP based ROMs.
    During the last 3 days I used almost only the BSG 8.1 version GCam mod with the config in the attachments below.
    I'm extremely happy with the BSG v8.1 results, below I'm posting few shots.
    Continued my GCam tests today and I think that I have found the BEST working GCam for our device - the best only from the few mods I have tested .. :) :) :)
    I have made a lot a lot of tests today and the best detail and quality I have received from the latest BSG GCam mod with BSG Gcam config for Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro from Alim.xml, link to the .xml config here: Alim.xml.
    I have tested and compared the same scene with the same focus point, the camera is placed on tripod.

Below you can find some of my latest tests:
    On the name of the file I have written the name of the camera used and if it is with HDR+ switched on or off:

IMG_20210814_193720-trCamera-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193734-trCamera.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193804681-Parrot043-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193813189-Parrot043.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193835-MIUI-Photo-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193841-MIUI-Photo.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193857-MIUI-UltraWide-Lens.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193937-MIUI-Pro-mode.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193953-MIUI-108px.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194009056-BSG-M51-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194019054-BSG-M51.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194057612-BSG-Alim-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194110785-BSG-Alim.jpg
    As you can see alone the best result on the image when zoomed as clean detail with no strange pixels and noise is on the pictures made with the latest BSG GCam mod with Alim config.
    This GCam mod supports perfectly the 3 back cameras and the front one with extremely detailed configuration options per each camera.
    All this extremely long list of configurations available per each of the 3 cameras you can find in Settings / Modules
    0.6 is the Ultra Wide camera
    1.0 is the main Wide camera
    2.0 is the Macro camera
    In front of the BSG GCam interface you can choose which one of the 3 cameras you use.
    Tomorrow I'll test different configs and GCam mods and I'll post more info if I find better Camera / Config for Redmi Note 10 Pro ...
    :) :) :)