• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

TechV

Jun 14, 2021
This one is the best imo.

Download this version from the link below:
"trCamera_Spring_Release_SNAP_libs2.apk"

IMPORTANT: Use the XML file I attached to my post. It makes all the difference.

Attachments

• Redmi_Note10_Pro🎯_Mohak.xml
    25.3 KB · Views: 197

TechV

Jun 14, 2021

Attachments

• 4_5913643218917919145.jpg
    4_5913643218917919145.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 163
  • 4_5913643218917919146.jpg
    4_5913643218917919146.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 161

mite_jan

Aug 24, 2011
Macedonia
This one is the best imo.

Download this version from the link below:
"trCamera_Spring_Release_SNAP_libs2.apk"

IMPORTANT: Use the XML file I attached to my post. It makes all the difference.
try taking photo in dark areas if you zoom on it you will see colored pixels , on the wide camera

Attachments

• photo_2021-05-27_20-59-56.jpg
    photo_2021-05-27_20-59-56.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

mite_jan

Aug 24, 2011
Macedonia

Attachments

• photo_2021-06-14_20-49-05.jpg
    photo_2021-06-14_20-49-05.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 112
  • photo_2021-06-14_20-49-43.jpg
    photo_2021-06-14_20-49-43.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 110
I have tried quite a few gcam mods, and I think BSG's gcam 8.1 works the best ( link is at the end). There are a few things you need to note for good results:

. Don't apply any configs from the site, just do the necessary minor changes in app settings.
. Don't apply auto white balance ( it's turned off by default, leave it that way )
. While clicking pictures, increase the brightness with the slider, or increase it later on from the photos app while editing. You may want to increase the saturation a lil bit, but the color output is actually quite accurate
. After clicking a selfile you'll have to increase the brightness as above but this time decrease the highlights to as low as possible. Also blacks are very prominent in the pictures so you may decrease the contrast and increase the shadows for better image.
. All the above editings are very basic and can be easily done within the Google photos app in less than a minute

Comparison:
. Gcam pictures are more color accurate, but lesser bright. They perform better in difficult situations. They produce images of lesser sharpness. So overall, good for portraits and produce good images with basic editing.
. Stock cam produces sharp images but the colors are way too saturated. In difficult lighting conditions it is not able to handle highlights and shadows the way gcam does. Although I found that if you decrease the saturation, the images are just fine and you need not go through all the hastle of finding a good gcam.

Link:

Reactions: Brianrh and Peyo72

mite_jan

Aug 24, 2011
Macedonia
I have tried quite a few gcam mods, and I think BSG's gcam 8.1 works the best ( link is at the end). There are a few things you need to note for good results:

. Don't apply any configs from the site, just do the necessary minor changes in app settings.
. Don't apply auto white balance ( it's turned off by default, leave it that way )
. While clicking pictures, increase the brightness with the slider, or increase it later on from the photos app while editing. You may want to increase the saturation a lil bit, but the color output is actually quite accurate
. After clicking a selfile you'll have to increase the brightness as above but this time decrease the highlights to as low as possible. Also blacks are very prominent in the pictures so you may decrease the contrast and increase the shadows for better image.
. All the above editings are very basic and can be easily done within the Google photos app in less than a minute

Comparison:
. Gcam pictures are more color accurate, but lesser bright. They perform better in difficult situations. They produce images of lesser sharpness. So overall, good for portraits and produce good images with basic editing.
. Stock cam produces sharp images but the colors are way too saturated. In difficult lighting conditions it is not able to handle highlights and shadows the way gcam does. Although I found that if you decrease the saturation, the images are just fine and you need not go through all the hastle of finding a good gcam.

Link:
bsg is blurry mate
compare it to urnyx or burial and zoom to max for comparison

• Wow
Reactions: Saumyak Raj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've done a lot of testing the last couple of days and it looks like the camera situation is very mixed right now. Some things work best on this GCam, some work best on that GCam, others work best on the stock app. My findings so far, comparing Stock, BSG, Tigr and Burial:

• Main sensor: I prefer Tigr's output here. It's sharper and more detailed than the others and has similar quality in the white/color balance as the other GCam ports, even if its default output is a bit darker. All GCam ports were better than the stock cam, sometimes much, sometimes a little.
    • Ultrawide: Preferring Tigr again, but all GCam ports are a huge improvement over the stock app here.
    • Macro: didn't do much with it, and the little I did showed similar results to the main sensor, I guess this is just GCam at work.
    • Selfie: GCam ports only take 4MP photos but come out sharper and better looking.
    • Night mode: Best on the stock app, but my old Note 7 with Gcam (Urnyx) actually takes better photos in low light. I hope this will improve in future versions of GCam or the stock app. P.S.: BSG's GCam is the only one with good night mode on the ultrawide, Tigr night mode is generally too dark and Burial never actually saved an ultrawide photo after pressing the shutter button.
    • Video (1080/30): only the stock app was stabilized, and it came out pretty well.
    So... for now, which app to use really depends on what I'm shooting. In daylight it will probably be Tigr's GCam port (spring release), if it's dark or video then the stock app. BSG's port only if I need ultrawide at night. I uninstalled Burial.

I need to do some more comparisons with my previous Note 7, hopefully at least the daylight photos will be improved on the Note 10 Pro. Really shows the benefits of a well-working GCam port that the night mode is so clearly better on the older device right now.
    New version:
    v1.2 - main camera contrast and details, fixed oversharpening, noise reduction on selfie
    Today made some more comparision. Night Sight (this time I had lamp on the left sight not behind me) and some selfies.
    Burial is named IMG and BSG PXL. First from train is from Xiaomi ANX. In second situation real light was orange and burial done better. Photos are crispier and more alive but also adding lot of noise.

Burial made with piterrxd v1.1 config

I really don't like what @PITERQ piterrxd v1.2 config is doing with selfie white balance and ultra wide camera. But main camera is nearest to the reality. I deleted also BSG photo from train because HDR++ wasn't turned on so it's unfair to have it in comparision.

Edit:
    @PITERQ I've just found workaround for this green problem on selfie. Just in libpatcher settings You need to change AWB from User to off for selfie. For ultrawide is not working - You have to turn It off before every photo manually. Provide please xml v1.3 :)
    Has somebody found a working gcam for the pro version ?
    Urnyx05: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk

There are configs for our device also.
    Urnyx05: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk

There are configs for our device also.
    There actually aren't. The config files are for the mi note 10 pro and the mi 10 pro which are different devices. They were also uploaded in mid-2020 so way before the announcement of the redmi note 10 pro. They were simply miscategorized.
    Now, stabilisation work on Gcam BSG GVW