Note: just a test xml

Attachments

• NEW_TeST_Shamim8.4_LT.xml
    130.9 KB · Views: 49

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
@Laptapper just tweaked your xml in shamim need your opinion 🙏

Note: just a test xml
Why you take shamim? May it give problems....
Compared your test xml in LMC with my startxml-lmcR9-1.1 (attached)
@Killer cr0c you're right, the tracking focus mismatch often, someone know why or how to get it stable?

LT20220508_095126_NEW_TeST_Shamim8.4_LT.jpg

LT20220508_094919_startxml-lmcR9-1.1.MP.jpg

Attachments

• startxml-lmcR9-1.1.xml
    105.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

SachiSK

Mar 13, 2022
DSLR v6 📸 XML
(Selfies, Portraits &🧍🏻shots)
(For Shamim Gcam 8.4.400 v20)

🔸 Changelog:
• UW & Macro values tweaked 🔥
• Added LDR Button
• Little focused on Night Site values ✨
• Front cam upscaling increased
• Upscaling removed from all back lenses
• Increased no. frames in HDR+
• Enhanced LIB Patcher values 💥
• Added color transmission to UW & Macro
• Added noise modeler to UW & Macro

Note : If you get faded colours output use Arnova fix in Color Transmission

For GCam : Shamim GCam 8.4.400 v20
Made on : Redmi Note 10 Pro Max (108mp)

Credit- @heyamiyou

Config folder
GCam/Configs8.4

Attachments

• DSLR v6 📸.xml
    123.1 KB · Views: 151

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
I've tried many libs and xmls and I've figured out that it makes mostly no sense to have a xml with a lot of tunings and then changing lib....

So I've decided to start at 0
I've adjusted only all hardware settings for the lenses for noise model according to our lenses, some ui settings... but in patcher everything is 0 or off (except beauty, there are some small adjustments)
Then starting to check the libs one by one.....
The result is I've got now a lib with matching xml. Means out of the box it's looking good, not perfect, but now everybody can tune up with small changes like sharpness saturation....

If there's a new lib somewhere and someone say great, you can test it easy if you take the startxml-lmcR9, import new lib and compare with your "old" lib....
It's recommend to save your personal tweaks in an xml which contains the lib name (then you can be sure where your xml is working as expected)

I recommend to follow these steps for testing:
Remove LMC
Install LMC
Start LMC and go to config and reset.
Close LMC
Copy the attached lib to the lmc8.4 folder libs
Copy the attached xml to path lmc8.4
Start LMC
Double click nearly the shot button to choose startxml-lmcR9.xml

All needed files in zip attached

Thanks to @SachiSK , @Killer cr0c @Dayuser @Dbeast6699 ......for their work and suggestions....

I'm not sure for now, perhaps the LMC 8.4 r9 hasli is better....you can try with same procedure described above....it's attached
Portrait is not working. GCAm crashed with processing.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Portrait is not working. GCAm crashed with processing.
Yes, I know but I think shamim is the better solution for next step, so I'll concentrate to this

Reactions: morpheus620

SachiSK

Mar 13, 2022
Yes, I know but I think shamim is the better solution for next step, so I'll concentrate to this
Im working on shamim already you tested my xml on LmC, for better results from my test xml you should try it on Shamim🙏

Reactions: paco666

Killer cr0c

Feb 13, 2022
Why you take shamim? May it give problems....
Compared your test xml in LMC with my startxml-lmcR9-1.1 (attached)
@Killer cr0c you're right, the tracking focus mismatch often, someone know why or how to get it stable?

View attachment 5609097

View attachment 5609093

i trued it and i like the result, but there is couple of problems, like very noisy even in mid dark areas, and there is contrast that mess the image colors, like black contrast effect or something all over the image. if you can fix thta it will be good 🤝🏻

paco666

Sep 27, 2014
Sueca
Testing Gcam and xml. Photos with sunny day. To my liking, the natural color and MTSL definition, then Shamim with the xml: final shachisk and hh25.

Attachments

• 1-Stock-IMG_20220510_113240.jpg
    1-Stock-IMG_20220510_113240.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 140
  • 2-MTSL8.3_V7-IMG_10-05-2022_11-32-56_MTSL8.3_V7.jpg
    2-MTSL8.3_V7-IMG_10-05-2022_11-32-56_MTSL8.3_V7.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 122
  • 3-SHAMIN-Latapper 2.2-LT20220510_113326186_8.4.400.jpg
    3-SHAMIN-Latapper 2.2-LT20220510_113326186_8.4.400.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 132
  • 4-SHAMIM-Saschisk final-IMG_20220510_113308536_8.4.400.jpg
    4-SHAMIM-Saschisk final-IMG_20220510_113308536_8.4.400.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 127
  • 5-SHAMIN-hh25-Img20220510_113342233__storage_emulated_0Shamim8.4_hh25 dia.jpg
    5-SHAMIN-hh25-Img20220510_113342233__storage_emulated_0Shamim8.4_hh25 dia.jpg
    10.2 MB · Views: 124
  • 7-LMC-Mixed-🍁𝚂𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚔🔹_20220510_113414_8.4.300.jpg
    7-LMC-Mixed-🍁𝚂𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚔🔹_20220510_113414_8.4.300.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 132
  • 8-LMC-LT20220510_113429_startxml-lmcR9-3.jpg
    8-LMC-LT20220510_113429_startxml-lmcR9-3.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

I used this XML only with LMC mod. Shooting with Shamim yesterday I did not manage to import any XML, os used it out of the box.

I would say LMC with XML is the best, as it generates visibly less of those ugly squares in place of natural objects. But if you inspect closer Moto crops, you'll see that leaves look more natural and you can easily distinguish white flowers in distant trees and bushes, while in Note 10 pro shots they are kind of homogenized. It's a pity to have a better sensor and to get less of naturally looking detail.
    This xml is not made for our phone!
    Why do you expect anything good?!

Check out this photo I captured with Laptapper package from post 1, without the libs, with awb button & lp button on (after importing the xml you'll find the button on viewfinder).

This photo was captured late in afternoon. Color is true to life & details is amazing.

Edit:
    Or the 2nd photo earlier that afternoon from a farm. It's cropped a little.
    LMC 8.4 R11

Changelog​

• Updated tooltips, styles, menus and more, black theme for night mode
    • A second value has been added for all patcher parameters that have an on or off switch.
    • Unlocking Noise Models is divided into modules and displayed in the Noise Models section
    • The option with the Photo Resolution button is identical to RAW. The option has been included in R9, R10 which may cause issues on some other devices. It is recommended to enable for Mi10TP, MN10, Mi10 and other devices that support high resolution. The RES button seamlessly switches between resolutions. (HMX 12mp > 27mp)
    • Forward interface selection
    • Fix HDR Raw split by modules
    • corrections
    • Fixed merge selection on/off dependency. saber cup
    • Returned most parameters removed
    • Returned Portrait mode in session and added all values for slow motion video
    • Fixed work on Redmi 9, Realme 8, RN8P, partially Galaxy M52 and possibly others
    • Added new settings

I made some more tests with different configurations and the last results are more satisfying, even though I am not sure of the final reason of such improvement.

Yesterday I shot the following scenery with Miui cam preinstalled on CrDroid8.6 and with Shamim V24 installed, without any XML.

LMC_20220629_100330_myconfig2_s.jpg

I was negatively impressed by hard interpolation effects and by the amount of artifacts at 5m+ in both. Shamim did better at infinity, but the messy rendering was pretty obvious. I took a shot of the same scene with an older Moto G7 plus just to discover it rendered infinity in a more natural and detailed way.

So today I decided to try installing Moto 2 cam by Nemesis Team on Redmi note 10 pro via TWRP. The attempt failed. The Moto installation eradicated the Miui cam (as it uninstalls the default cam from Android) and then gave an error. I rebooted and found no more Miui cam (no surprise). After that I tried to install LMC 8.4 V9 Gcam mod which failed previously. This time it worked. I took an XML from this thread and slightly tweaked it.

I made several shots of the same scene and discovered that the basic compression algorithm now works better! With the same file size it gives less squarish and noise artifacts, and infinity shapes improved.

I am not sure if it is because the installation of Moto 2 Cam deleted some Miui library which was replaced by a Moto or a Google lib. Or it is just the better tweaked LMC mod. Anyway, I am now having a camera experience which better corresponds to my expectations of the 1/1.5" sensor.

A side-by-side comparison follows of the mentioned variants (click or download to see details).

What I still find do not quite understand:

1) EXIF data of the shots focused on infinity objects indicates a distance of 13.72m. It does not change if I pass to Pro mode, with a manual setting of the distance. So the default infinity for Note 10 pro is rather 13.72 than say 20m and more? Could this be changed with a XML tweak to check if it affects the image quality?

2) Moto G7 plus, with its smaller 1/2.6" sensor still renders better detail at infinity. How could it be? Might this be a result of physical lens optimisation in Note 10 pro for close rather than for infinity shots?

comparison crops.jpg
    Is there someone who wanna test my new XML for Shamim v24 and give a review?
    No additional lib
    —Better photos but a lot of more artefacts (good job reducing the noise, the artifacts can be noticed just if you zoom)
    — Video stabilization is not working now
    — I guess there's an issue with WB, sometimes the images are blue or orange.
    Part 2(5x zoom) my work in progress for LMC Vs BSG both in HDR enhanced , last one for reference LMC on HDR+.
    There is already V22fix apk (y)
    You're right, my fault.

What's new!!

- Fixed previously reported few bugs related to aux lens.

Check the signature deta before installing:-
    Signature MD5: cb3363348414b0583c830294c272e10f
    Signature SHA-1: 927ca44949d7788aa86f9d7f04d7fdacecd1dfb9
    Signature SHA-256: 6215f00baa4bf18bab5792fc796bfc5555917240f14f7c7e672d956888d75c96

Please try with attached lib and xml and please give feedback.

Night mode you can try alone or with auto night or only auto night or on night mode tab with night mode button for brighter results. Hires sometimes has to be double activated.
    Hi y'all

I think it's needed to start from scratch with Shamim gcam v23fix.
    Before starting with lib patcher my opinion is to optimize all other settings like noise modeller, hdr and lens types, color settings.....
    Again: trying to adjust all standard settings, without switching lib patcher on, to get the best start XML for second step: patching with lib patcher.

I'm sharing my new start XML named lt006c.

Battle
    I'd like to pay for the best start XML 10 Euro. May someone else wanna pay too, Soo we get faster progress.
    My suggestion is if we have the best start XML then we make the next combat with lib patcher and also with possible but without payment obligation.

Agreeing?
    This is what i mean by warmer colors, s22 ultra vs 13 pro max
    Colors and saturation can be added later but for me details and noise less pics are more important.
    Here's my actually and best config for Shamim v20.
    Use it with attached lib (unzip)
    For me Shamim v20 with my settings are the best for now.
    What I'm really missing in Shamim is the picture saving progress indicator as in LMC or AGC.
    In lmc8.4. I've got the detailed night shot.
    But overall Shamim (with right now saved xml with little improved night shot) is the best.

I've also tried mtsl and LMC 8.2. in mtsl in xml is a for me hidden setting to get the ring around preview for saving picture status. May someone find out this for Shamim. I'm sharing all xmls
    So try and decide and may someone can find out how to get the ring or at least somewhere a green dot to better know the saving progress...

Joyeuse in mtsl got the ring and laptapper mtsl v7 not

I'm sharing also the quite good detailed night shot of LMC 8.4 xml and a good AGC xml .. all for your trying, for improvement and to get the best shot for our phone.

Please don't leech only, try to improve and give feedback

I'm thinking to take a rest of shot pictures, comparing apks, comparing xmls, testing xmls made for other phones and other apks.....
    Hundreds of pictures....
    My eyes are wounded.

@SachiSK
    You and @Killer cr0c working a long time together for a perfect xml. Nothing to share?
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    Update 16.5.22
    Hi guys
    In coordination with dontango777 and shadowstep and in case of better sorting they've allowed me to be the new thread owner.
    Thanks to @Dontango777 @shadowstep

I'll try to hold the first posts in this thread up2date and also with your opinion of best gcam.
    For this it would be good to know your opinion after you've checked out my newest package. My opinion is that we're on a quite good way, so it's everyday much more dificult to increase picture quality. Further more I think now it's only possible with Shamim APK, but I saw problems in v21, better to take V20.

Any Ideas and suggestions but also critism for the first posts to have a good overview are welcome. I wanna be also neutrally with your help and of course it's possible if your enhancement is the best that I post your package, lib, XML and APK here in the first posts.

I would be glad if a lot of people work together to get the best gcam ever💪(y)🙏
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    UPDATE:
    - Ultrawide now has distortion correction
    - Slow Motion video fixed (thanks @zelodev)
    - Numerous small quality improvements
    - Turned off HDR+ Enhanced by default (you can turn it on whenever you like)
    There is no support of wide and macro lens in this BSG camera lol, or am I missing something?
    The support of all 3 cameras in the latest 8.1 BSG version is brilliant, probable in a few days it will be available also for the newest BSG 8.3 version - actually I haven't tested it yet! :)
    P.S. During the last few days I was busy on a bicycle marathon but now I'm back and I'm ready to continue the tests of the best GCam mods and also the ANX Camera support for AOSP based ROMs.
    During the last 3 days I used almost only the BSG 8.1 version GCam mod with the config in the attachments below.
    I'm extremely happy with the BSG v8.1 results, below I'm posting few shots.
    Continued my GCam tests today and I think that I have found the BEST working GCam for our device - the best only from the few mods I have tested .. :) :) :)
    I have made a lot a lot of tests today and the best detail and quality I have received from the latest BSG GCam mod with BSG Gcam config for Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro from Alim.xml, link to the .xml config here: Alim.xml.
    I have tested and compared the same scene with the same focus point, the camera is placed on tripod.

Below you can find some of my latest tests:
    On the name of the file I have written the name of the camera used and if it is with HDR+ switched on or off:

IMG_20210814_193720-trCamera-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193734-trCamera.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193804681-Parrot043-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193813189-Parrot043.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193835-MIUI-Photo-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193841-MIUI-Photo.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193857-MIUI-UltraWide-Lens.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193937-MIUI-Pro-mode.jpg
    IMG_20210814_193953-MIUI-108px.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194009056-BSG-M51-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194019054-BSG-M51.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194057612-BSG-Alim-HDR+.jpg
    IMG_20210814_194110785-BSG-Alim.jpg
    As you can see alone the best result on the image when zoomed as clean detail with no strange pixels and noise is on the pictures made with the latest BSG GCam mod with Alim config.
    This GCam mod supports perfectly the 3 back cameras and the front one with extremely detailed configuration options per each camera.
    All this extremely long list of configurations available per each of the 3 cameras you can find in Settings / Modules
    0.6 is the Ultra Wide camera
    1.0 is the main Wide camera
    2.0 is the Macro camera
    In front of the BSG GCam interface you can choose which one of the 3 cameras you use.
    Tomorrow I'll test different configs and GCam mods and I'll post more info if I find better Camera / Config for Redmi Note 10 Pro ...
    :) :) :)