Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

SachiSK

Mar 13, 2022
Update 16.5.22
Hi guys
In coordination with dontango777 and shadowstep and in case of better sorting they've allowed me to be the new thread owner.
Thanks to @Dontango777 @shadowstep

I'll try to hold the first posts in this thread up2date and also with your opinion of best gcam.
For this it would be good to know your opinion after you've checked out my newest package. My opinion is that we're on a quite good way, so it's everyday much more dificult to increase picture quality. Further more I think now it's only possible with Shamim APK, but I saw problems in v21, better to take V20.

Any Ideas and suggestions but also critism for the first posts to have a good overview are welcome. I wanna be also neutrally with your help and of course it's possible if your enhancement is the best that I post your package, lib, XML and APK here in the first posts.

I would be glad if a lot of people work together to get the best gcam ever💪(y)🙏
You should post apk,Lib,xml files separately, coz lots of people already have those apk and lib file's,

SachiSK

Mar 13, 2022
Update 16.5.22
Hi guys
In coordination with dontango777 and shadowstep and in case of better sorting they've allowed me to be the new thread owner.

I'll try to hold the first posts in this thread up2date and also with your opinion of best gcam.
For this it would be good to know your opinion after you've checked out my newest package. My opinion is that we're on a quite good way, so it's everyday much more dificult to increase picture quality. Further more I think now it's only possible with Shamim APK, but I saw problems in v21, better to take V20.

Any Ideas and suggestions but also critism for the first posts to have a good overview are welcome. I wanna be also neutrally with your help and of course it's possible if your enhancement is the best that I post your package, lib, XML and APK here in the first posts.

And i Think AGC is also better option for our device, tried xHDR Lib in Shamim,LMC but portrait mode only worked in AGC v8 beta v6(only for testing), and the results are better than LMC and shamim.

Reactions: Laptapper

SachiSK

Mar 13, 2022

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_183447.jpg
    IMG_20220516_183447.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20220516_183331.jpg
    IMG_20220516_183331.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Killer cr0c

joaogordo96

May 16, 2022
is there any gcam that supports all lenses and also stabilization in 4k and also in 1080p 60fps and good hdr photos??
i've tested BSG 8.1 with some XMLs but stabilization only work in viewfinder.
also tried warnyx 7.3 but stabilization only work in 30fps.

Last edited:

joaogordo96

May 16, 2022
@SachiSK
LMC8.4_R9 + SACHISK_LMC8.4_R9_v01.xml seems to work almost everything.

the pic quality is awesome in my opinion, great work

after my tests there just this to fix:
- Slow-mo 960fps does not work
- add 1080p60 with EIS (there is only 4k30/1080p30)
- maybe bitrate option for video recording (4k 100mb)
- some times while saving video if u switch main len to another the app will crash

Reactions: SachiSK

Bride83

May 16, 2022
Is there any working gcam APK for the POCO F4 GT or Redmi K50? Searched far and wide and couldn't
find!

Last edited by a moderator:

joaogordo96

May 16, 2022
@Laptapper and @SachiSK where can i find your lasted xml and libs?
what is more stable for Redmi Note 10 Pro (108mp)?
actually using LMC 8.4 R9 with 🍁𝙻𝙼𝙲®⑨_𝚂𝙰𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙽𝚂𝙺_𝙼𝙸𝚇𝙴𝙳
-slow-mo 1/8x and portrait mode not working

Last edited:

Akexander

May 15, 2018
Test Area

AGC 7 with my start settings.
It's rarely adjusted in lib patcher but lenses adjusted and noise models...
Try and see that AGC is very useful.... It's not fully adjusted, but it looks that it's like Shamim.
You'll have to install APK, copy lib to designated path, start app, manually import all noise models, the lib and choose my config file. Restarting app and check that the noise models and lib are really set.

All files attached. Sad, it's not possible to share without compress as zip, but the file rules of XDA are as they are... The noise models and lib as zip, unzip and remember the path. The XML for AGC isn't as before in gcam apps, it's a .agc file so unzip the zip to the path SD card /download/AGC8.4/config/

Do it all as recommend otherwise it's not working as aspects....

The ui is a bit in other way. To choose wide, macro, main, front you'll have to touch the left button with 1x (main), 0,6x (wide), 2x (macro), double arrows (front)
View attachment 5618379
It sounds all a little difficult but it isn't. Try to get it, it's worth to get good pictures.
I think (at the moment) it's the best app. I know you'll say, before, laptapper said Shamim is the best app but it changes every day .... Depending on my thousands of pictures....
Why every I press load configs always show that I don't have any configs, even though I follow your step? Thank you

Top Liked Posts

I took a RAW shot in order to better understand how the sensor renders, notwithstanding the processing algorithm. In fact, there is pretty much of chroma and luminance noise which results in an abundant amount of "extra" blue and red dots. I presume the algorithms interpret them (correctly) as colour shift at the edge of shapes. So many diffused colour dots translated into edges and sharpened creates this mess.

I attach a jpeg saved of the original DNG in 100% quality, which gives an idea, even though the colour dots are better seen when you look at original DNG file.

If I remember correctly, RN 10 pro uses Sony sensor, the same as some Samsung smartphones do, which give pretty impressive final image quality. I wonder if it is possible to get somewhere Samsung algorithms or settings which treat RAW files from this sensor. That might help to improve the results.
    For what gcam and any lib or just xml
    Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
    • Better detail without noise or artifacts( as i showed on #1604 and #1605)
    • Front Camera improved to get more natural colour and natural detail
    • 2X zoom with the main lens look lossless no cap
    • No noise at all ( in all the lenses)
    • All the lenses
    To be considered:

This config is based on the most neutral preferences, you'll not find pretentious and cringy colours here.

My intention is to make everything look as natural as posible( no overdenoised, processed but not RAW and useless image).

If you want a good template to start this XML is a good one.

DONE ON LMC R11
    For what gcam and any lib or just xml
    It's for LMC8.4 mods.
    Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
    • All the lenses
    To be considered:

This config is based on the most neutral preferences, you'll not find pretentious and cringy colours here.

My intention is to make everything look as natural as posible( no overdenoised, processed but not RAW and useless image).

DONE ON LMC R11
    Hi y'all

I think it's needed to start from scratch with Shamim gcam v23fix.
    Before starting with lib patcher my opinion is to optimize all other settings like noise modeller, hdr and lens types, color settings.....
    Again: trying to adjust all standard settings, without switching lib patcher on, to get the best start XML for second step: patching with lib patcher.

I'm sharing my new start XML named lt006c.

Battle
    I'd like to pay for the best start XML 10 Euro. May someone else wanna pay too, Soo we get faster progress.
    My suggestion is if we have the best start XML then we make the next combat with lib patcher and also with possible but without payment obligation.

Agreeing?
    There is already V22fix apk (y)
    You're right, my fault.

What's new!!

- Fixed previously reported few bugs related to aux lens.

Check the signature deta before installing:-
    Signature MD5: cb3363348414b0583c830294c272e10f
    Signature SHA-1: 927ca44949d7788aa86f9d7f04d7fdacecd1dfb9
    Signature SHA-256: 6215f00baa4bf18bab5792fc796bfc5555917240f14f7c7e672d956888d75c96

Please try with attached lib and xml and please give feedback.

Night mode you can try alone or with auto night or only auto night or on night mode tab with night mode button for brighter results. Hires sometimes has to be double activated.
    This is what i mean by warmer colors, s22 ultra vs 13 pro max
    Colors and saturation can be added later but for me details and noise less pics are more important.
    Here's my actually and best config for Shamim v20.
    Use it with attached lib (unzip)
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    Update 16.5.22
    Hi guys

Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
    • All the lenses
    To be considered:

DONE ON LMC R11
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    UPDATE:
    - Ultrawide now has distortion correction
    - Slow Motion video fixed (thanks @zelodev)
    - Numerous small quality improvements
    - Turned off HDR+ Enhanced by default (you can turn it on whenever you like)
    There is no support of wide and macro lens in this BSG camera lol, or am I missing something?
    The support of all 3 cameras in the latest 8.1 BSG version is brilliant, probable in a few days it will be available also for the newest BSG 8.3 version - actually I haven't tested it yet! :)
    P.S. During the last few days I was busy on a bicycle marathon but now I'm back and I'm ready to continue the tests of the best GCam mods and also the ANX Camera support for AOSP based ROMs.
    During the last 3 days I used almost only the BSG 8.1 version GCam mod with the config in the attachments below.
    I'm extremely happy with the BSG v8.1 results, below I'm posting few shots.