Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

Em Kay

Jun 13, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
I used this XML only with LMC mod. Shooting with Shamim yesterday I did not manage to import any XML, os used it out of the box.

I would say LMC with XML is the best, as it generates visibly less of those ugly squares in place of natural objects. But if you inspect closer Moto crops, you'll see that leaves look more natural and you can easily distinguish white flowers in distant trees and bushes, while in Note 10 pro shots they are kind of homogenized. It's a pity to have a better sensor and to get less of naturally looking detail.
This xml is not made for our phone!
Why do you expect anything good?!

Check out this photo I captured with Laptapper package from post 1, without the libs, with awb button & lp button on (after importing the xml you'll find the button on viewfinder).

This photo was captured late in afternoon. Color is true to life & details is amazing.

Edit:
Or the 2nd photo earlier that afternoon from a farm. It's cropped a little.

Attachments

• MK_20220520_172734223_8.4.400.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 109
  • MK_20220520_164822978_8.4.400~2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020

Check out this photo I captured with Laptapper package from post 1, without the libs, with awb button & lp button on (after importing the xml you'll find the button on viewfinder).

This photo was captured late in afternoon. Color is true to life & details is amazing.

Edit:
Thank you for sharing your shot. Glad you like the result.

To my eye it has the same basic issue of smashing fine details. I presume it is not about XML tweaks, it is about the core algorithm. Look for example at the grass, you can easily see the mess instead of nature-like forms, independently from the distance. When it deals with infinity, the issue becomes critical. It does not obviously matter that much when you shoot close objects, friends and family.

As for the XML I linked, it works pretty fine on my RN 10 pro, except the Aux-T camera option which I changed.

Em Kay

Jun 13, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thank you for sharing your shot. Glad you like the result.

To my eye it has the same basic issue of smashing fine details. I presume it is not about XML tweaks, it is about the core algorithm. Look for example at the grass, you can easily see the mess instead of nature-like forms, independently from the distance. When it deals with infinity, the issue becomes critical. It does not obviously matter that much when you shoot close objects, friends and family.

As for the XML I linked, it works pretty fine on my RN 10 pro, except the Aux-T camera option which I changed.
Yeah, I see that. But, I think in this low-lit condition it's challenging even for flagship phones.

Can you please export your own xml & then upload it here?
After exporting you will find it in internal/lmc8.4/ folder.
Thanks.

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Hey guys I'm working on something for LMC

First two LMC on HDR + Vs BSG 8.4 on HDR enhanced, then X10 zoom

Attachments

• PXL_20220629_084823299.jpg
    PXL_20220629_084823299.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • LMC_20220629_084655_8.4.300.jpg
    LMC_20220629_084655_8.4.300.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
  • LMC_20220629_084405_8.4.300.jpg
    LMC_20220629_084405_8.4.300.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20220629_084516156.jpg
    PXL_20220629_084516156.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75
Reactions: Yippee-ki-yay

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Part 2(5x zoom) my work in progress for LMC Vs BSG both in HDR enhanced , last one for reference LMC on HDR+.

Attachments

• LMC_20220629_085143_8.4.300.jpg
    LMC_20220629_085143_8.4.300.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20220629_084823299.jpg
    PXL_20220629_084823299.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • LMC_20220629_084655_8.4.300.jpg
    LMC_20220629_084655_8.4.300.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: runtime64

Dayuser

Jun 26, 2016
Moto G7 Power
LMC 8.4 R11

Changelog​

• Updated tooltips, styles, menus and more, black theme for night mode
  • A second value has been added for all patcher parameters that have an on or off switch.
  • Unlocking Noise Models is divided into modules and displayed in the Noise Models section
  • The option with the Photo Resolution button is identical to RAW. The option has been included in R9, R10 which may cause issues on some other devices. It is recommended to enable for Mi10TP, MN10, Mi10 and other devices that support high resolution. The RES button seamlessly switches between resolutions. (HMX 12mp > 27mp)
  • Forward interface selection
  • Fix HDR Raw split by modules
  • corrections
  • Fixed merge selection on/off dependency. saber cup
  • Returned most parameters removed
  • Returned Portrait mode in session and added all values for slow motion video
  • Fixed work on Redmi 9, Realme 8, RN8P, partially Galaxy M52 and possibly others
  • Added new settings

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
Yeah, I see that. But, I think in this low-lit condition it's challenging even for flagship phones.

Can you please export your own xml & then upload it here?
After exporting you will find it in internal/lmc8.4/ folder.
Thanks.
You must be right. Just it seems to me that three years ago there was a huge improvement in computational photography, and even budget models such as Moto G7 plus could deliver pretty convincing results (even though they could not deal well with high contrast scenes). Now the HDR is better implemented, and it's nice. But I acknowledge a step back in terms of general jpeg quality which is absurd, given the grown physical size of sensors. In-phone post processing makes a part of the job. But more in the direction of of sharpness than detail.

Please find attached the config file for the LMC V9 I tweaked a bit to my taste.

Attachments

• myconfig5.xml.xml
    124.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020

Edit:
Thank you for your suggestion. I installed the AGC cam alongside with LMC. I wished to attach same scene shots made by both of them. But for the moment I cannot do that for an unknown reason. Will try to do that in the next post.

I must say I am impressed by the the work ACG makes for edge detection and sharpening, with the libraries and XML Laptapper provided. It's a clean work. Colour rendition is closer to the real in AGC, as LMC oversaturates quite a bit. Given the file size is 2.5 times smaller than I get from LMC, it's a truly notorious result.

I still prefer LMC for a tad better detail resolution at infinity. Need to play more with both.

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
Thank you for your suggestion. I installed the AGC cam alongside with LMC. I wished to attach same scene shots made by both of them. But for the moment I cannot do that for an unknown reason. Will try to do that in the next post.

I must say I am impressed by the the work ACG makes for edge detection and sharpening, with the libraries and XML Laptapper provided. It's a clean work. Colour rendition is closer to the real in AGC, as LMC oversaturates quite a bit. Given the file size is 2.5 times smaller than I get from LMC, it's a truly notorious result.

I still prefer LMC for a tad better detail resolution at infinity. Need to play more with both.
LMC and AGC are recognizable by file names (and by the size, the AGC being sensibly smaller).

Attachments

• AGC_20220629_162801448.jpg
    AGC_20220629_162801448.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 95
  • LMC_20220629_162945_myconfig2.jpg
    LMC_20220629_162945_myconfig2.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 93

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
LMC 8.4 R11

Changelog​

• Updated tooltips, styles, menus and more, black theme for night mode
  • A second value has been added for all patcher parameters that have an on or off switch.
  • Unlocking Noise Models is divided into modules and displayed in the Noise Models section
  • The option with the Photo Resolution button is identical to RAW. The option has been included in R9, R10 which may cause issues on some other devices. It is recommended to enable for Mi10TP, MN10, Mi10 and other devices that support high resolution. The RES button seamlessly switches between resolutions. (HMX 12mp > 27mp)
  • Forward interface selection
  • Fix HDR Raw split by modules
  • corrections
  • Fixed merge selection on/off dependency. saber cup
  • Returned most parameters removed
  • Returned Portrait mode in session and added all values for slow motion video
  • Fixed work on Redmi 9, Realme 8, RN8P, partially Galaxy M52 and possibly others
  • Added new settings

Good news

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Same config, the only difference is the noise model

Left noise model assigned - Right stock noise model

Attachments

• LMC_20220629_141652_alpha1.jpg
    LMC_20220629_141652_alpha1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
  • LMC_20220629_141626_alpha1.jpg
    LMC_20220629_141626_alpha1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20220629-141720_LMC8.4.png
    Screenshot_20220629-141720_LMC8.4.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 78

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
  • Better detail without noise or artifacts( as i showed on #1604 and #1605)
  • Front Camera improved to get more natural colour and natural detail
  • 2X zoom with the main lens look lossless no cap
  • No noise at all ( in all the lenses)
  • All the lenses
To be considered:

This config is based on the most neutral preferences, you'll not find pretentious and cringy colours here.

My intention is to make everything look as natural as posible( no overdenoised, processed but not RAW and useless image).

If you want a good template to start this XML is a good one.

DONE ON LMC R11

Attachments

• anderxml2.xml
    97.3 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Dbeast6699

Nov 9, 2021
For what gcam and any lib or just xml
Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
  • All the lenses
To be considered:

This config is based on the most neutral preferences, you'll not find pretentious and cringy colours here.

My intention is to make everything look as natural as posible( no overdenoised, processed but not RAW and useless image).

DONE ON LMC R11

Reactions: andermendz

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
I took a RAW shot in order to better understand how the sensor renders, notwithstanding the processing algorithm. In fact, there is pretty much of chroma and luminance noise which results in an abundant amount of "extra" blue and red dots. I presume the algorithms interpret them (correctly) as colour shift at the edge of shapes. So many diffused colour dots translated into edges and sharpened creates this mess.

I attach a jpeg saved of the original DNG in 100% quality, which gives an idea, even though the colour dots are better seen when you look at original DNG file.

If I remember correctly, RN 10 pro uses Sony sensor, the same as some Samsung smartphones do, which give pretty impressive final image quality. I wonder if it is possible to get somewhere Samsung algorithms or settings which treat RAW files from this sensor. That might help to improve the results.

Attachments

• LMC_20220630_144359_myconfig5.1_2.jpg
    LMC_20220630_144359_myconfig5.1_2.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 61

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
  • All the lenses
To be considered:

DONE ON LMC R11
Who have tried my config, any results?

Comparisons are welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: runtime64

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
I tested your XML, it works just fine. The level of detail is excellent, the leaves look like leaves, as little messy as possible. You applied some models which do not transform sensor dots into smashy jpeg squares. And this is what I personally prefer speaking about a naturally looking image.

Given the fact that the file weights three times less than the one produced by the config I previously shared, it's a great achievement.

Here is a direct comparison of images produced with two XMLs, distinguished by the last part of the filename and the weight.

To note, my LMC cam version is still 9, not 11.

Attachments

• LMC_20220630_104540_LMC8.4V9 myconfig5_010938.jpg
    LMC_20220630_104540_LMC8.4V9 myconfig5_010938.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 80
  • LMC_20220630_122755_anderxml2.jpg
    LMC_20220630_122755_anderxml2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Reactions: andermendz

Top Liked Posts

Shared in invitation folder new update V220809 of MisterX xml (use on Shamim V28fix with library).

Note: this xml is the result of using various parts from other xml, such as the various xml of Laptapper, Sachi's, Intro555 (4pda), Kairu, HH25, my modifications and tests, also sharing parameters with other users.

Soon I will publish an XML tool that I use to extract the differences between the various XML (the different and missing entries) and make the experiments easier. I have to complete it because sometimes it goes wrong :)

Good work!
    Anybody has any experience with how the camera (with GCam) behaves on MIUI ROMs compared to OSS ROMs? I use MIUI(Mix) and I keep seeing very incosistent results in regard to exposure, white balance, saturation and plenty of other adjustments, which seem to depend on lighting conditions and scene in general, as if all of those are controlled by some kind of additional logic before the shot even gets to the GCam app. It's annoying. So I was wondering if perhaps it is due to something Xiaomi is doing in the MIUI specific camera drivers that might perhaps be absent in the OSS drivers?

Or maybe it's just how this camera module behaves in general?
    Depends on the GCAM, if you depend on the default configuration of the ROM, like if you don't have a proper XML and you just set come settings, and it works ( that's not how you should configure a gcam).
    I didn't used gcam on miui(i had miui only for 1 week, until i got my phone unlocked), but, in my case the rom i use (latest Evolution X), have this line in changelog: Update the s5kgw3 camera libraries from MIUI V13.0.5.0.SKFINXM.
    So it seems that miui libs are very good. (or it's the way they implement them in the rom?) and if you look at my photos posted here, they look excelent.
    Using Evolution X too, the best ROM for our device IMO.
    If you wanna checkout new laptapperLMC13-14, it's in the new invitation folder.

Try normal and beauty alone and pro mode on all cams....
    Lib is necessary (find in new invitation folder, if you have it already in lmc lib folder no more steps required)

Using Evolution X too, the best ROM for our device IMO.

Have you try another Rom before? Why you settle on evolution X?

Better to discuss this in separated threads or pm. 🙏 Thanks
    Hmmm, again, where do i put the 2 .so files???
    markup_10858.pngScreenshot_20220809-114653_Kamera.pngScreenshot_20220809-114643_Kamera.pngScreenshot_20220809-114553_Kamera.png

Same with other lib and after this import xml
    My final final KAIRU XML (?)

This might just be my very last XML if no problems are found. (For LMC R12 Fix)

Changelog:
    Reduced the green tint on low-light (if it still persists then turn on AWB).

Sharper and reveals even more details.
    Tuned the Wide camera and also fixed the distortion by changing the interface model, turns out it fixes the distortion only after capturing the image.

Added a subtle but very nice beauty mode "✨". It is very nice especially on portrait shots / human shots because it hides a bit of the imperfections (but not too much like what a TikTok filter would). And has the same color profile as the Main lens. I also recommend this mode for a very good low-light or maybe even night pictures because it has very low noise

Please give it a try!
    My close to final XML. Low noise, high details, and iPhone-like accurate colors.

Fixed the hazy/glowy/blurry-like details or images found on my last XML and also Laptapper's DSLR. It was due to low sabre sharp.

I only tuned the Front and Back cam as the distortion is still not fixed on the Wide cam even when changing rectiface_suppport_level.

Happy to receive feedbacks, good or bad. And if there are any problems, please say it.

(For LMC 12 Fix version)
    After seeing the feedbacks, I decided that I'm going to make an entirely new xml with my own settings from scratch.
    I want to make an xml that everyone will like (not just the detail enthusiasts).

To make it, it will have a natural but leaning to the iPhone warm color look (the majority of the people like iPhone colors more than the cooler colors of androids like Samsung)

And also it will be a social media ready xml like iPhones. So it would have high details and low noise but also balanced as you can't have the best details without having the worst noise. (Tbh I don't really care about having the best ultra details as it would all get compressed so much when uploaded to social media, and what I said earlier having the best details comes with the worst noise. I just want an iPhone-like camera in our phones.)
    King of XMLs 😂 a bit exaggerated but thanks!

My main goal is to make people realize that android cameras have better or are on par with iPhone's cameras and to do that I would need to convince a very wide audience.

I can't do it myself as I'm not famous so instead I'll share my XMLs and hopefully the leachers will upload the photos taken by our GCAM to any platform and hopefully
    the wide audience would take notice of it.
    But i didn't learned from copy paste i tried those parameters by changing everytime , change 1value at 1 time and take pictures to see the difference you know how much time it takes, copy paste never helps coz every device has different sensors you can just learn about which parameter you need to change but you need to test those to get best values..This is how you can get best xml
    Yep of course, you're right, learning only with copy paste isn't possible. You have to switch around and reading....

But hey, there's no reason to be insulted if someone copy yours, improve and share without credit you. The life isn't fair everytime and some people didn't learned to say thanks (like). Not good but we can't change them....it is like it is....

But let us go to the topic of the thread again!
    My final final KAIRU XML (?)

This might just be my very last XML if no problems are found. (For LMC R12 Fix)

Changelog:
    Reduced the green tint on low-light (if it still persists then turn on AWB).

Sharper and reveals even more details.
    Tuned the Wide camera and also fixed the distortion by changing the interface model, turns out it fixes the distortion only after capturing the image.

Added a subtle but very nice beauty mode "✨". It is very nice especially on portrait shots / human shots because it hides a bit of the imperfections (but not too much like what a TikTok filter would). And has the same color profile as the Main lens. I also recommend this mode for a very good low-light or maybe even night pictures because it has very low noise

Please give it a try!
    Update 16.5.22
    Hi guys
    In coordination with dontango777 and shadowstep and in case of better sorting they've allowed me to be the new thread owner.
    Thanks to @Dontango777 @shadowstep

I'll try to hold the first posts in this thread up2date and also with your opinion of best gcam.
    For this it would be good to know your opinion after you've checked out my newest package. My opinion is that we're on a quite good way, so it's everyday much more dificult to increase picture quality. Further more I think now it's only possible with Shamim APK, but I saw problems in v21, better to take V20.

Any Ideas and suggestions but also critism for the first posts to have a good overview are welcome. I wanna be also neutrally with your help and of course it's possible if your enhancement is the best that I post your package, lib, XML and APK here in the first posts.

I would be glad if a lot of people work together to get the best gcam ever💪(y)🙏
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
    • All the lenses
    To be considered:

DONE ON LMC R11
    My close to final XML. Low noise, high details, and iPhone-like accurate colors.

Fixed the hazy/glowy/blurry-like details or images found on my last XML and also Laptapper's DSLR. It was due to low sabre sharp.

I only tuned the Front and Back cam as the distortion is still not fixed on the Wide cam even when changing rectiface_suppport_level.

Happy to receive feedbacks, good or bad. And if there are any problems, please say it.

(For LMC 12 Fix version)