Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

Andearson_06

Jun 8, 2022
I have been browsing this thread since morning looking for best gcam with everything working but im getting mixed option please if anyone can give the name of a gcam that takes nice pics with every other things working🙏
Try LMC it is stable . Xml - any one out there as you are new you won't notice any difference .

Blizzard22

Jun 7, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I'm going to travel soon and I need a dependable cam with good settings. Had terrible crashes with the ones before. Freezes, crashes and terrible blurry selfie cam pictures.
Can anybody share a good one with the lib and xml? I need one that can just do good results and without me worrying of instability, bad picture quality and/or taking way too long to capture videos/photos/selphis and night pictures.

I also updated my Note 10 pro to MIUI 13 today, maybe that also dermines which app works best.

Thank you, I'm new to this and kinda have a hard time getting things to work properly.

Kairu135

Apr 12, 2022
IM FINALLY SATISFIED, so after borrowing my friend's iPhone 11 for a few days, I compared and tested it to our Laptapper's base XMLs. The iPhone was much better in producing natural photos. I'd say the pattern of the iPhone is this: warmer tones, less contrast, less saturation (natural), and brighter highlights.

So I went and tried to EXACTLY match our GCAM to the iPhone. My main focus was in the Main and Front Camera. I think I'm finally satisfied with this XML and honestly any more improvements would be very minimal, but I'm not stopping you if you still want to make it better.

If you just want social media-ready pics out-of-the-box, then use this xml. You can enable AWB but make sure that the exposure compensation is on, especially on selfies. No known problems except slowmo, and subpar video quality. Tysm to Laptapper, SachiSK, lubo777 and other contributors here in this thread. (USE ON LMC R11)

Attachments

• LT-KAIRU.xml
    157.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
IM FINALLY SATISFIED, so after borrowing my friend's iPhone 11 for a few days, I compared and tested it to our Laptapper's base XMLs. The iPhone was much better in producing natural photos. I'd say the pattern of the iPhone is this: warmer tones, less contrast, less saturation (natural), and brighter highlights.

So I went and tried to EXACTLY match our GCAM to the iPhone. My main focus was in the Main and Front Camera. I think I'm finally satisfied with this XML and honestly any more improvements would be very minimal, but I'm not stopping you if you still want to make it better.

If you just want social media-ready pics out-of-the-box, then use this xml. You can enable AWB but make sure that the exposure compensation is on, especially on selfies. No known problems except slowmo, and subpar video quality. Tysm to Laptapper, SachiSK, lubo777 and other contributors here in this thread. (USE ON LMC R11)
Hey, a new star is born ;)
I've tried right now in rainy light conditions and it looks very good.
Of course I try more but first impression is very good. Go on

Sahilkhan9

Aug 25, 2021

Sahilkhan9

Aug 25, 2021
Weirdly quality is really good compared to SGCAM ( with hh25 xml in v18 fix) but night shots need little improvement as they come out very soft

Reactions: Kairu135

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
New Shamim v25
Unzip before use

Attachments

• SGCAM_8.4.400.42.XXX_V25.zip
    128.1 MB · Views: 259

Szacki

Jul 5, 2022
New Shamim v25
Unzip before use
Thanks for the update,
I am trying it, and have some nice result, but it is scrahing when I add ultra wide!
when gcam is scrashing, do I have to uninstall and reinstall or is there another way?
Finally, I download the LT-KAIRU.xml, and that works!

Last edited:
Thanks to @SachiSK for the base xml and all the support and sharing values of lib patcher , this is it guys . फिर मिलेंगे चलत

@SachiSK @Andearson_06 Which settings should I tweak so that the shadows don't look cartoonish?
Dp20220711_085500_8.4.300.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-11-09-04-37-968_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-11-09-04-45-669_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Also, when I intentionally under-expose a picture, the colour gets all weird. 👇
Dp20220711_090804_8.4.300.jpg

And there is a LOT of noise in the shadows in dynamic scenes.
Dp20220711_174751_8.4.300.jpg

Which settings do i tweak for this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Andearson_06

srslye

Feb 20, 2014
Do you have any nice xml for this one
Not an .xml, but for 1.0, 0.6 & 1.9 module settings I do this:

Global settings:
Smartphone: Xiaomi
Jpg compression: 100%

Modules settings:
Color Transform:
- Arnova saturation fix (seems to be the best option, it's hard to tell)

Image processing - Main settings:
Sharpness: 1.5
Image processing - Light & Shadows:
Clarity: 2.0,
Brightness: 1.89 (not sure if it works)
Blackness: 0.003 (For 0.6, 1.9 cams Blackness should be left default) (not sure it works either. I'm trying to fix the dull nature of gcam photos)

Always use HDR+ Enhanced for maximum details.

I'll update if I discover anything else that actually improves the images further.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sahilkhan9
D

Deleted member 12056905

@SachiSK @Andearson_06 Which settings should I tweak so that the shadows don't look cartoonish?View attachment 5656743
View attachment 5656745
View attachment 5656747

Also, when I intentionally under-expose a picture, the colour gets all weird. 👇
View attachment 5656749
And there is a LOT of noise in the shadows in dynamic scenes.
View attachment 5657021
Which settings do i tweak for this?
Just Tested that xml,Fyi Anderson totally messed with my values in that xml, i created it to work with hdr+ and hdre not for hdrNet,

Edit: idk what other options he changed but i suggest disable this option in dev settings
hdrnet_enabled ( in view finder too)

Use hdr enhanced in indoor and low light

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Tested that xml,Fyi Anderson totally messed with my values in that xml, i created it to work with hdr+ and hdre not for hdrNet,

Edit: idk what other options he changed but i suggest disable this option in dev settings
hdrnet_enabled ( in view finder too)

Use hdr enhanced in indoor and low light
I used HDR+E for all the shots in my post (auto night turned off and HDRNet disabled). Later on, I was able to bring the noise under control for the main cam a bit by increasing Luma B value (Photo Processing>Main Camera>Main Settings>Luma B).

However the macro and ultrawide has an obscene amount of both chroma and luma noise. Nothing I do seem to affect it. And the very strong green tint in the shadows just won't go away no matter what I do.

Could you perhaps please share your XML? 🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: Andearson_06
D

Deleted member 12056905

I used HDR+E for all the shots (auto night turned off and HDRNet disabled). I was able to bring the noise under control for the main cam a bit by increasing Luma B value (Photo Processing>Main Camera>Main Settings>Luma B).

However the macro and ultrawide has an obscene amount of both chroma and luma noise. Nothing I do seem to affect it. And the very strong green tint in the shadows just won't go away no matter what I do.

For Gcam LMC8.4 mode by Xenius 9 ( LMC8.4_R10_snapcam_x9s_v01_sign)
Use this version of Lmc available in Telegram channel of xenius 9 group Link below

(https://t.me/xenius9gcc )

Note: still working on other Lens so not perfect yet share your feedback

Attachments

• lmc s3.xml
    110.4 KB · Views: 19

Andearson_06

Jun 8, 2022
I used HDR+E for all the shots in my post (auto night turned off and HDRNet disabled). Later on, I was able to bring the noise under control for the main cam a bit by increasing Luma B value (Photo Processing>Main Camera>Main Settings>Luma B).

Try to tweak exposure valu to 0 and if not work try color correction off

Yippee-ki-yay

Feb 28, 2017
After a few weeks with the device testing gcams like crazy I think the best gcam is (back and front camera):

- trCamera_Spring_Release_ENG_libs2.apk + the config I attached (I've seen it in the telegram group. Its original name was "TR GCAM N10PRO V6" but it didn't have HDR+ enabled by default).

- For macro and wide the stock one works quite well (especially the wide one with the distortion that I haven't seen that there are gcams that correct it).

Edit: In low light it is true that it is not the best, but the front seems to me very good. The version laptapper made behaves better in low light conditions, but with it I have the feeling that it adds more noise to the image (it forces to have more detail but I think it worsens). Maybe a mix of both in the rear would be ideal.

Attachments

• RN10 Pro.xml
    24.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Case_

Aug 12, 2009
Brno
www.edgeoftheworld.cz
This is actually pretty close to my (continuously) tweaked config for MTSL 7.2, except I have deeper blacks and less of a HDR effect (because I don't like too much of it, it tends to look...unnatural to me, for the lack of a better word). I guess it's not surprising, given that I think iPhones generally tend to make photos with a look that I would consider natural (which is a bit different from what people seem to consider "natural" in discussions like this one, coming from "traditional" photography). I don't really care all that much about resolved detail (that's not what I use a phone camera for), but exposure and colors are the key.

So very nice as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Kairu135

Top Liked Posts

Shared in invitation folder new update V220809 of MisterX xml (use on Shamim V28fix with library).

Note: this xml is the result of using various parts from other xml, such as the various xml of Laptapper, Sachi's, Intro555 (4pda), Kairu, HH25, my modifications and tests, also sharing parameters with other users.

Soon I will publish an XML tool that I use to extract the differences between the various XML (the different and missing entries) and make the experiments easier. I have to complete it because sometimes it goes wrong :)

Good work!
    Shamim V29 is out..

• Fixed some bugs
    • Notes: A clean install is required and requires a reboot for everything to work normally. If the video doesn't work, go to developer setting and enable the option camcorder.codec_video. For Google Pixel users, if anyone faces black display, try all device interface selections. I hope the problems are fixed

Night sight test lmc 13 on kairo. No, i don' t have all that ligjt in reality 😁
    LMC R13 + Kairu [0]
    9 Aug 16_43.LMC.R12~2.jpg

MGC 8.1 + Intro555
    PXL_20220809_164313113~2.jpg

LMC R13 + Andermendz3.3
    AMV_20220809_165929_andermendz3.3 (1)~2.jpg

My AGC v9 tweak
    AGC_20220809_170211668~2.jpg

Kairu + LMCR13 remains one of, if not the most overall crisp and clear combinations I've tested.

Perhaps it is a good idea to always include it as a baseline reference. I will do that going forward.

Additionally, AGC seems so noise free, I wonder what someone with proper skills could do.
    I only adjusted Sharpness A: 2.0 + B: 1.75, in an attempt to clean up the image.

To my eyes wrt these images:
    1. Kairu, 2. AGC, 3. Intro555, 4. Andermendz3.3
    Hmmm, again, where do i put the 2 .so files???
    markup_10858.pngScreenshot_20220809-114653_Kamera.pngScreenshot_20220809-114643_Kamera.pngScreenshot_20220809-114553_Kamera.png

Same with other lib and after this import xml
    My final final KAIRU XML (?)

This might just be my very last XML if no problems are found. (For LMC R12 Fix)

Changelog:
    Reduced the green tint on low-light (if it still persists then turn on AWB).

Sharper and reveals even more details.
    Tuned the Wide camera and also fixed the distortion by changing the interface model, turns out it fixes the distortion only after capturing the image.

Added a subtle but very nice beauty mode "✨". It is very nice especially on portrait shots / human shots because it hides a bit of the imperfections (but not too much like what a TikTok filter would). And has the same color profile as the Main lens. I also recommend this mode for a very good low-light or maybe even night pictures because it has very low noise

Please give it a try!
    My close to final XML. Low noise, high details, and iPhone-like accurate colors.

Fixed the hazy/glowy/blurry-like details or images found on my last XML and also Laptapper's DSLR. It was due to low sabre sharp.

I only tuned the Front and Back cam as the distortion is still not fixed on the Wide cam even when changing rectiface_suppport_level.

Happy to receive feedbacks, good or bad. And if there are any problems, please say it.

(For LMC 12 Fix version)
    After seeing the feedbacks, I decided that I'm going to make an entirely new xml with my own settings from scratch.
    I want to make an xml that everyone will like (not just the detail enthusiasts).

To make it, it will have a natural but leaning to the iPhone warm color look (the majority of the people like iPhone colors more than the cooler colors of androids like Samsung)

And also it will be a social media ready xml like iPhones. So it would have high details and low noise but also balanced as you can't have the best details without having the worst noise. (Tbh I don't really care about having the best ultra details as it would all get compressed so much when uploaded to social media, and what I said earlier having the best details comes with the worst noise. I just want an iPhone-like camera in our phones.)
    King of XMLs 😂 a bit exaggerated but thanks!

My main goal is to make people realize that android cameras have better or are on par with iPhone's cameras and to do that I would need to convince a very wide audience.

I can't do it myself as I'm not famous so instead I'll share my XMLs and hopefully the leachers will upload the photos taken by our GCAM to any platform and hopefully
    the wide audience would take notice of it.
    ⭐⭐ New Updated XML For Redmi Note 10 Pro Max (108mp) for BSG 8.1 With Various Fixes And Improvements .
    (Keeping AWB on everywhere is recommended)

For Note 10 Pro (64mp) keep awb off only for back
    -------------------------------------------
    Changes :
    • Fixed human skin tones
    • Fixed unnatural sharpness
    • Front cam improved
    • Dark faces and too much detailed faces fixed
    • Colours are more consistent now
    • Various stability fixes

Some info before you ask anything-

"Why older version?"
    1. It is consistent and stable

"Detailed and dark faces"
    1. Gcam can't process faces seperately like stock cams so you can use stock cam if you want beauty stuff on faces
    2. Beauty mode on gcam doesn't work
    By: Mohak Soni
    My final final KAIRU XML (?)

This might just be my very last XML if no problems are found. (For LMC R12 Fix)

Changelog:
    Reduced the green tint on low-light (if it still persists then turn on AWB).

Sharper and reveals even more details.
    Tuned the Wide camera and also fixed the distortion by changing the interface model, turns out it fixes the distortion only after capturing the image.

Added a subtle but very nice beauty mode "✨". It is very nice especially on portrait shots / human shots because it hides a bit of the imperfections (but not too much like what a TikTok filter would). And has the same color profile as the Main lens. I also recommend this mode for a very good low-light or maybe even night pictures because it has very low noise

Please give it a try!
    Update 16.5.22
    Hi guys
    In coordination with dontango777 and shadowstep and in case of better sorting they've allowed me to be the new thread owner.
    Thanks to @Dontango777 @shadowstep

I'll try to hold the first posts in this thread up2date and also with your opinion of best gcam.
    For this it would be good to know your opinion after you've checked out my newest package. My opinion is that we're on a quite good way, so it's everyday much more dificult to increase picture quality. Further more I think now it's only possible with Shamim APK, but I saw problems in v21, better to take V20.

Any Ideas and suggestions but also critism for the first posts to have a good overview are welcome. I wanna be also neutrally with your help and of course it's possible if your enhancement is the best that I post your package, lib, XML and APK here in the first posts.

I would be glad if a lot of people work together to get the best gcam ever💪(y)🙏
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV4, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on jeneeek's config (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
    • Better detail without noise or artifacts( as i showed on #1604 and #1605)
    • Front Camera improved to get more natural colour and natural detail
    • 2X zoom with the main lens look lossless no cap
    • No noise at all ( in all the lenses)
    • All the lenses
    To be considered:

This config is based on the most neutral preferences, you'll not find pretentious and cringy colours here.

My intention is to make everything look as natural as posible( no overdenoised, processed but not RAW and useless image).

If you want a good template to start this XML is a good one.

DONE ON LMC R11
    My close to final XML. Low noise, high details, and iPhone-like accurate colors.

Fixed the hazy/glowy/blurry-like details or images found on my last XML and also Laptapper's DSLR. It was due to low sabre sharp.

I only tuned the Front and Back cam as the distortion is still not fixed on the Wide cam even when changing rectiface_suppport_level.

Happy to receive feedbacks, good or bad. And if there are any problems, please say it.

(For LMC 12 Fix version)