Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Is there someone who wanna test my new XML for Shamim v24 and give a review?
No additional lib
—Better photos but a lot of more artefacts (good job reducing the noise, the artifacts can be noticed just if you zoom)
— Video stabilization is not working now
— I guess there's an issue with WB, sometimes the images are blue or orange.

Reactions: Laptapper

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
I made some more tests with different configurations and the last results are more satisfying, even though I am not sure of the final reason of such improvement.

Yesterday I shot the following scenery with Miui cam preinstalled on CrDroid8.6 and with Shamim V24 installed, without any XML.

LMC_20220629_100330_myconfig2_s.jpg

I was negatively impressed by hard interpolation effects and by the amount of artifacts at 5m+ in both. Shamim did better at infinity, but the messy rendering was pretty obvious. I took a shot of the same scene with an older Moto G7 plus just to discover it rendered infinity in a more natural and detailed way.

So today I decided to try installing Moto 2 cam by Nemesis Team on Redmi note 10 pro via TWRP. The attempt failed. The Moto installation eradicated the Miui cam (as it uninstalls the default cam from Android) and then gave an error. I rebooted and found no more Miui cam (no surprise). After that I tried to install LMC 8.4 V9 Gcam mod which failed previously. This time it worked. I took an XML from this thread and slightly tweaked it.

I made several shots of the same scene and discovered that the basic compression algorithm now works better! With the same file size it gives less squarish and noise artifacts, and infinity shapes improved.

I am not sure if it is because the installation of Moto 2 Cam deleted some Miui library which was replaced by a Moto or a Google lib. Or it is just the better tweaked LMC mod. Anyway, I am now having a camera experience which better corresponds to my expectations of the 1/1.5" sensor.

A side-by-side comparison follows of the mentioned variants (click or download to see details).

What I still find do not quite understand:

1) EXIF data of the shots focused on infinity objects indicates a distance of 13.72m. It does not change if I pass to Pro mode, with a manual setting of the distance. So the default infinity for Note 10 pro is rather 13.72 than say 20m and more? Could this be changed with a XML tweak to check if it affects the image quality?

2) Moto G7 plus, with its smaller 1/2.6" sensor still renders better detail at infinity. How could it be? Might this be a result of physical lens optimisation in Note 10 pro for close rather than for infinity shots?

comparison crops.jpg

Em Kay

Jun 13, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
You wrote "you found an xml & tweaked it". But, in the attached comparison photo you wrote "out of the box".
Have you used the xml or not?
Can you upload it here, pls?
Which photo is closest to the real life?

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
You wrote "you found an xml & tweaked it". But, in the attached comparison photo you wrote "out of the box".
Have you used the xml or not?
Can you upload it here, pls?
Which photo is closest to the real life?
I used this XML only with LMC mod. Shooting with Shamim yesterday I did not manage to import any XML, os used it out of the box.

I would say LMC with XML is the best, as it generates visibly less of those ugly squares in place of natural objects. But if you inspect closer Moto crops, you'll see that leaves look more natural and you can easily distinguish white flowers in distant trees and bushes, while in Note 10 pro shots they are kind of homogenized. It's a pity to have a better sensor and to get less of naturally looking detail.

Em Kay

Jun 13, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
I used this XML only with LMC mod. Shooting with Shamim yesterday I did not manage to import any XML, os used it out of the box.

I would say LMC with XML is the best, as it generates visibly less of those ugly squares in place of natural objects. But if you inspect closer Moto crops, you'll see that leaves look more natural and you can easily distinguish white flowers in distant trees and bushes, while in Note 10 pro shots they are kind of homogenized. It's a pity to have a better sensor and to get less of naturally looking detail.
This xml is not made for our phone!
Why do you expect anything good?!

Check out this photo I captured with Laptapper package from post 1, without the libs, with awb button & lp button on (after importing the xml you'll find the button on viewfinder).

This photo was captured late in afternoon. Color is true to life & details is amazing.

Edit:
Or the 2nd photo earlier that afternoon from a farm. It's cropped a little.

Attachments

• MK_20220520_172734223_8.4.400.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 113
  • MK_20220520_164822978_8.4.400~2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020

Check out this photo I captured with Laptapper package from post 1, without the libs, with awb button & lp button on (after importing the xml you'll find the button on viewfinder).

This photo was captured late in afternoon. Color is true to life & details is amazing.

Edit:
Thank you for sharing your shot. Glad you like the result.

To my eye it has the same basic issue of smashing fine details. I presume it is not about XML tweaks, it is about the core algorithm. Look for example at the grass, you can easily see the mess instead of nature-like forms, independently from the distance. When it deals with infinity, the issue becomes critical. It does not obviously matter that much when you shoot close objects, friends and family.

As for the XML I linked, it works pretty fine on my RN 10 pro, except the Aux-T camera option which I changed.

Em Kay

Jun 13, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thank you for sharing your shot. Glad you like the result.

To my eye it has the same basic issue of smashing fine details. I presume it is not about XML tweaks, it is about the core algorithm. Look for example at the grass, you can easily see the mess instead of nature-like forms, independently from the distance. When it deals with infinity, the issue becomes critical. It does not obviously matter that much when you shoot close objects, friends and family.

As for the XML I linked, it works pretty fine on my RN 10 pro, except the Aux-T camera option which I changed.
Yeah, I see that. But, I think in this low-lit condition it's challenging even for flagship phones.

Can you please export your own xml & then upload it here?
After exporting you will find it in internal/lmc8.4/ folder.
Thanks.

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Hey guys I'm working on something for LMC

First two LMC on HDR + Vs BSG 8.4 on HDR enhanced, then X10 zoom

Attachments

• PXL_20220629_084823299.jpg
    PXL_20220629_084823299.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • LMC_20220629_084655_8.4.300.jpg
    LMC_20220629_084655_8.4.300.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
  • LMC_20220629_084405_8.4.300.jpg
    LMC_20220629_084405_8.4.300.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20220629_084516156.jpg
    PXL_20220629_084516156.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
Reactions: Yippee-ki-yay

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Part 2(5x zoom) my work in progress for LMC Vs BSG both in HDR enhanced , last one for reference LMC on HDR+.

Attachments

• PXL_20220629_084823299.jpg
    PXL_20220629_084823299.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
  • LMC_20220629_085143_8.4.300.jpg
    LMC_20220629_085143_8.4.300.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 57
  • LMC_20220629_084655_8.4.300.jpg
    LMC_20220629_084655_8.4.300.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
Reactions: runtime64

Dayuser

Recognized Contributor
Jun 26, 2016
Finland
Moto G7 Power
LMC 8.4 R11

Changelog​

• Updated tooltips, styles, menus and more, black theme for night mode
  • A second value has been added for all patcher parameters that have an on or off switch.
  • Unlocking Noise Models is divided into modules and displayed in the Noise Models section
  • The option with the Photo Resolution button is identical to RAW. The option has been included in R9, R10 which may cause issues on some other devices. It is recommended to enable for Mi10TP, MN10, Mi10 and other devices that support high resolution. The RES button seamlessly switches between resolutions. (HMX 12mp > 27mp)
  • Forward interface selection
  • Fix HDR Raw split by modules
  • corrections
  • Fixed merge selection on/off dependency. saber cup
  • Returned most parameters removed
  • Returned Portrait mode in session and added all values for slow motion video
  • Fixed work on Redmi 9, Realme 8, RN8P, partially Galaxy M52 and possibly others
  • Added new settings

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
Yeah, I see that. But, I think in this low-lit condition it's challenging even for flagship phones.

Can you please export your own xml & then upload it here?
After exporting you will find it in internal/lmc8.4/ folder.
Thanks.
You must be right. Just it seems to me that three years ago there was a huge improvement in computational photography, and even budget models such as Moto G7 plus could deliver pretty convincing results (even though they could not deal well with high contrast scenes). Now the HDR is better implemented, and it's nice. But I acknowledge a step back in terms of general jpeg quality which is absurd, given the grown physical size of sensors. In-phone post processing makes a part of the job. But more in the direction of of sharpness than detail.

Please find attached the config file for the LMC V9 I tweaked a bit to my taste.

Attachments

• myconfig5.xml.xml
    124.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020

Edit:
Thank you for your suggestion. I installed the AGC cam alongside with LMC. I wished to attach same scene shots made by both of them. But for the moment I cannot do that for an unknown reason. Will try to do that in the next post.

I must say I am impressed by the the work ACG makes for edge detection and sharpening, with the libraries and XML Laptapper provided. It's a clean work. Colour rendition is closer to the real in AGC, as LMC oversaturates quite a bit. Given the file size is 2.5 times smaller than I get from LMC, it's a truly notorious result.

I still prefer LMC for a tad better detail resolution at infinity. Need to play more with both.

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
Thank you for your suggestion. I installed the AGC cam alongside with LMC. I wished to attach same scene shots made by both of them. But for the moment I cannot do that for an unknown reason. Will try to do that in the next post.

I must say I am impressed by the the work ACG makes for edge detection and sharpening, with the libraries and XML Laptapper provided. It's a clean work. Colour rendition is closer to the real in AGC, as LMC oversaturates quite a bit. Given the file size is 2.5 times smaller than I get from LMC, it's a truly notorious result.

I still prefer LMC for a tad better detail resolution at infinity. Need to play more with both.
LMC and AGC are recognizable by file names (and by the size, the AGC being sensibly smaller).

Attachments

• AGC_20220629_162801448.jpg
    AGC_20220629_162801448.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
  • LMC_20220629_162945_myconfig2.jpg
    LMC_20220629_162945_myconfig2.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 96

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
LMC 8.4 R11

Changelog​

• Updated tooltips, styles, menus and more, black theme for night mode
  • A second value has been added for all patcher parameters that have an on or off switch.
  • Unlocking Noise Models is divided into modules and displayed in the Noise Models section
  • The option with the Photo Resolution button is identical to RAW. The option has been included in R9, R10 which may cause issues on some other devices. It is recommended to enable for Mi10TP, MN10, Mi10 and other devices that support high resolution. The RES button seamlessly switches between resolutions. (HMX 12mp > 27mp)
  • Forward interface selection
  • Fix HDR Raw split by modules
  • corrections
  • Fixed merge selection on/off dependency. saber cup
  • Returned most parameters removed
  • Returned Portrait mode in session and added all values for slow motion video
  • Fixed work on Redmi 9, Realme 8, RN8P, partially Galaxy M52 and possibly others
  • Added new settings

Good news

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Same config, the only difference is the noise model

Left noise model assigned - Right stock noise model

Attachments

• LMC_20220629_141652_alpha1.jpg
    LMC_20220629_141652_alpha1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 89
  • LMC_20220629_141626_alpha1.jpg
    LMC_20220629_141626_alpha1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20220629-141720_LMC8.4.png
    Screenshot_20220629-141720_LMC8.4.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 83

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
  • Better detail without noise or artifacts( as i showed on #1604 and #1605)
  • Front Camera improved to get more natural colour and natural detail
  • 2X zoom with the main lens look lossless no cap
  • No noise at all ( in all the lenses)
  • All the lenses
To be considered:

This config is based on the most neutral preferences, you'll not find pretentious and cringy colours here.

My intention is to make everything look as natural as posible( no overdenoised, processed but not RAW and useless image).

If you want a good template to start this XML is a good one.

DONE ON LMC R11

Attachments

• anderxml2.xml
    97.3 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Dbeast6699

Nov 9, 2021
For what gcam and any lib or just xml
Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
  • Better detail without noise or artifacts( as i showed on #1604 and #1605)
  • Front Camera improved to get more natural colour and natural detail
  • 2X zoom with the main lens look lossless no cap
  • No noise at all ( in all the lenses)
  • All the lenses
To be considered:

This config is based on the most neutral preferences, you'll not find pretentious and cringy colours here.

My intention is to make everything look as natural as posible( no overdenoised, processed but not RAW and useless image).

If you want a good template to start this XML is a good one.

DONE ON LMC R11

Reactions: andermendz

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
I took a RAW shot in order to better understand how the sensor renders, notwithstanding the processing algorithm. In fact, there is pretty much of chroma and luminance noise which results in an abundant amount of "extra" blue and red dots. I presume the algorithms interpret them (correctly) as colour shift at the edge of shapes. So many diffused colour dots translated into edges and sharpened creates this mess.

I attach a jpeg saved of the original DNG in 100% quality, which gives an idea, even though the colour dots are better seen when you look at original DNG file.

If I remember correctly, RN 10 pro uses Sony sensor, the same as some Samsung smartphones do, which give pretty impressive final image quality. I wonder if it is possible to get somewhere Samsung algorithms or settings which treat RAW files from this sensor. That might help to improve the results.

Attachments

• LMC_20220630_144359_myconfig5.1_2.jpg
    LMC_20220630_144359_myconfig5.1_2.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 65

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

✅
    Created on Xiaomi 11T Pro and AGC8.8 V8. Should work on some other phones. Sometimes it requires some changes in settings. Lens info was deleted from the config, so lenses should be recognized properly on other devices.
    ✅
    Merge Method is set to 1 for all cameras (works with Snapdragon chipsets). Set Merge Method to 0 for all used profiles if you want to use the config with a MediaTek chipset: Icon in right upper corner -> choose a profile and use Quick Settings button -> Sabre / Spatial RGB -> Merge Method
    ✅
    Very detailed photos without over sharpness and distorsions.
    ✅
    5 saturation profiles for all cameras:
    - Natural - close to real colours
    - Sat 1 - Sat 3 - for more saturated photos
    - B&W - black and white
    ✅
    Added libpatcher settings for additional 10 profiles for all cameras, so you can use your favorite LUTs with them, if you want.

AGC8.8 V8 apk:

How to use the config:

- Be sure you gave all required permissions to AGC
    - Put the config into folder:
    Download/AGC.8.8/configs
    - Use "Load Configs" button from drop down menu and choose the config.

A lib is not required with this config
    ❗

How to use LUTs (kind of filters) with AGC GCam:

1. Download LUTs from AGC ToolKit:
    2. Put downloaded LUTs into folder:
    /Download/AGC.8.8/luts
    3. Icon in right upper corner -> choose a profile that you want to use with a LUT
    4. Icon in right upper corner -> Quick Setting button -> Image Processing -> LUT file
    You can also change the name of the profile there.

Creator: @antykat
    what's the current best for
    Pixel 8 Pro. ;)

Testing this much hyped Sony DLSR again out of Telegram groups for AGC Mod. And i dunno whats so special.

I hate congratulating myself, but after a lot of back and forth, I just did it myself with a solid base more or less. I was tired of having to compromise between functions. Havent noticed anything i would have need to fix so far. So, never touch a running system.
    Plus what are u using currently
    I am using AGC8.8 for now, but play with AGC 9.1 and SGCAM 8.5, becouse I am in test group of Shamim. I am on Xiaomi 13 now, but I gave 11T Pro to my son, so I will adapt my configs for it. Then you can use it on RN10P too.
    Some moar.

@Dbeast6699; check my edit. Attached it as zip.
    Dont be sorry, we all had to start somewhere. Its based on GCAM: 8.8.224.514217832.10 but cant remember exactly which version, thats why im Uploading my fresh backup.

For the case the APK wont install: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aefyr.sai
    20220901 Thread cleaned

In case of deleted files from users in my editable folder, test ended here.

I've followed the moderator suggestion about the sharing and the XDA rules, although I don't like to share with non XDA members.

This first post is now with a link to GDrive with shared xmls and libs
    I've adjusted this folder that everyone can modify files inside.
    Please don't delete files, otherwise the test with the editable shared folder ends.

Screenshot_20220901-193826_Drive.png

The both root documents are editable by everyone....
    My final final KAIRU XML (?)

This might just be my very last XML if no problems are found. (For LMC R12 Fix)

Changelog:
    Reduced the green tint on low-light (if it still persists then turn on AWB).

Sharper and reveals even more details.
    Tuned the Wide camera and also fixed the distortion by changing the interface model, turns out it fixes the distortion only after capturing the image.

Added a subtle but very nice beauty mode "✨". It is very nice especially on portrait shots / human shots because it hides a bit of the imperfections (but not too much like what a TikTok filter would). And has the same color profile as the Main lens. I also recommend this mode for a very good low-light or maybe even night pictures because it has very low noise

Please give it a try!
    20220830 Moderator Information

After a closer look at the thread, I find it is totally against XDA's standing on the way of sharing.
    As a forum user for years, I spent 20 minutes on this thread back and forth, trying to find the direct links to download files but repeatedly encounter such words "xx is in invitation group" and it leads me to nowhere.
    The whole thread will remain closed until I removed all off topic posts about "invitation group". And I believe this may take a few days.

20220901 Moderator Information
    TL;DR: all sharing must be happening on XDA or use XDA as major platform

Wall of Text

This thread has been cleaned from off topic posts. You may notice that in total about 4 pages of posts are gone (147 vs 143).

As posted by some users here, this is one of the largesst gcam thread on XDA and the only thread existing for gcam discussion for this device. Unfortunately, it is not very friendly to new gcam users. A newbie, like myself :p, would be 99.5% lost during browsering this thread and the files people talking about were nowhere to find. This must stop.

I understand a developer's feeling of getting recognization, fulfilled, being needed, helpful, and credited. It is a great achievement to let your hard work to be used by many others. To a developer, getting feedback for sure is a critical way to improve the work. In this thread, I see many users are sharing their work and providiing feedback to each other, not only the main developer here, but each other. I belive in this gcam thread, everyone can develop and you are your own developer. Kudos to every "developers" here. :)

I also understand the feeling of "losing your work" when you posted it but no one cares or use it without feedback, it feels like "stealing" or "underappreciated". But I believe that is only a tiny portion of users, especially on XDA. And the background reason also varies: some users are new to this development or shy to share or just want to cherry pick the best for themselves. XDA is on internet, and on internet, we see all kinds of people like in your work, in your life. We accept the fact that users are not all perfect but to see the beauty in it: sharing the work with others.

From now on, please share the xml files directly on XDA. And for OP @Laptapper , I highly suggest you update the first post to include a repo or filehost or any format of summary you like to give others an overview of current progress. For example, you could release a monthly version and then continue ongoing test with users. This is just my suggestion and you have every right to select the way of sharing.

In the end, I want to emphasize one point:
    all sharing must be happening on XDA or use XDA as major platform. Otherwise it is not allowed by our rules and content will be removed.

Thanks for reading this wall of text. Hope you all have a good time developing! :D
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG {Mod edit: Telegram reference removed. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on {Mod edit: Telegram reference removed. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator} (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    hi guys
    this is the SACHISK MIXED xml with main lens and front cam from KAIRU FINAL -0-.
    in other words, all of Kairu's main lens natural and definition settings entered into Sachisk's XML. So we have the main camera from Kairu, and the rest (ultrawide lens and video recorder and other configs) from Sachisk. for LMC 8.4 x9s.

i could not change AWB settings, so the main camera has all the settings from Kairu without AWB. AWB settings from Sachisk.

from my last 3 2 and a half months, a LMC x9s is really quite stable, and an XML SACHISK MIXED presented the best compromise between functionality and good quality so far. I decided to mix the best of Kairu with the best of Sachisk according to my opinion.