Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam Discussion Thread

Search This thread

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Hey guys, here my XML:

What works:

• Video Stabilization
  • Better detail without noise or artifacts( as i showed on #1604 and #1605)
  • Front Camera improved to get more natural colour and natural detail
  • 2X zoom with the main lens look lossless no cap
  • No noise at all ( in all the lenses)
  • All the lenses
To be considered:

This config is based on the most neutral preferences, you'll not find pretentious and cringy colours here.

My intention is to make everything look as natural as posible( no overdenoised, processed but not RAW and useless image).

If you want a good template to start this XML is a good one.

DONE ON LMC R11
Who have tried my config, any results?

Comparisons are welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: runtime64

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
I tested your XML, it works just fine. The level of detail is excellent, the leaves look like leaves, as little messy as possible. You applied some models which do not transform sensor dots into smashy jpeg squares. And this is what I personally prefer speaking about a naturally looking image.

Given the fact that the file weights three times less than the one produced by the config I previously shared, it's a great achievement.

Here is a direct comparison of images produced with two XMLs, distinguished by the last part of the filename and the weight.

To note, my LMC cam version is still 9, not 11.

Attachments

• LMC_20220630_104540_LMC8.4V9 myconfig5_010938.jpg
    LMC_20220630_104540_LMC8.4V9 myconfig5_010938.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 84
  • LMC_20220630_122755_anderxml2.jpg
    LMC_20220630_122755_anderxml2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Reactions: andermendz

Kairu135

Apr 12, 2022
Sharing my iPhone XML, I think that iPhones generally bring the shadows up a bit, has less contrast and sharpness compared to Samsung and other android phones. They also have this distinct warm tone/colors. I tried to replicate all of that in this XML, although it still needs improvements on the color department (due to my inexperience with gcam settings). Please try it and don't be afraid to give negative feedbacks! (Use on LMC R11 Lite, I don't know if it works properly on the original version.)

Attachments

• IPHONE.xml
    26 KB · Views: 45

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
I have a question to the users of LMC or AGC or Shamin mods. Does your night shot mode really change the number of individual shots when you change the counter between A, 7, 15 and 27?

In my case it does not make any difference, and in all the cases the image gets naturally dim in low light, not overilluminated like in GCam mods on the older Moto smartphone. Is there a fix for it?

andermendz

Sep 2, 2021
Results on my config LMC(with my Config no lib) VS BSG 8.4 V13 which one looks better and most important for me, more natural?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-123937_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20220701-123937_Photos.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20220701-123943_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20220701-123943_Photos.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 91
  • LMC_20220701_123638_anderxml2.PORTRAIT.jpg
    LMC_20220701_123638_anderxml2.PORTRAIT.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 85
  • PXL_20220701_123647961.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220701_123647961.PORTRAIT.jpg
    823.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Kairu135

Apr 12, 2022
Can anyone tell me why I don't see any difference when I change the saturation in LMC R11?

Kairu135

Apr 12, 2022
Nevermind, it turns out that saturation is disabled when you turn on the front without restart setting in lmc

intelinside70

Oct 19, 2007
Not my config and not for our phone, but good results and I've adjusted to be suitable for our phone with lmc r11

Warm and detailed pictures. All Aux working. Leica Mode sometimes more detailed.....

try and decide...
In the xml in notes i read: "Note: For Shamim Gcam 8.4.400 v20" are you sure for LMC R11? I think this xml are suitable for the Shamim V20 or upper :)

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Not my config and not for our phone, but good results and I've adjusted to be suitable for our phone with lmc r11

Warm and detailed pictures. All Aux working. Leica Mode sometimes more detailed.....

try and decide...

I think this XML is a very good candidate to come up to the best config.
I've tuned some settings for hopefully being good in all light conditions.
But of course in all settings is air to the top...
Try to tweak and share....

Attachments

• ltlmc11-008b.xml
    157.4 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Kairu135

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
I think this XML is a very good candidate to come up to the best config.
I've tuned some settings for hopefully being good in all light conditions.
But of course in all settings is air to the top...
Try to tweak and share....

Hey guys
I've checked this XML in Shamim and first impression was also good but some little tweaks were necessary to use it in a proper way....
Now it's in some light conditions better than lmc.
Please try and compare to LMC and give feedback

Need help:
Video and slomo 1/4 is working but you have to switch to video and back to camera and again to video.
Slomo 1/8 is crashing hard, you may have to reboot (in lmc it's only stopping but you can change to camera mode and than ok)

Someone knows how to fix this?

Compared pic between Shamim and LMC with 008 configs
LTP-20220704_094934553.jpg

LT-20220704_095008_ltlmc11-008c.MP.jpg

Attachments

• ltsha-008g.xml
    157.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Reactions: Souradeep132

Imsujan

Jan 23, 2019
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hey guys
I've checked this XML in Shamim and first impression was also good but some little tweaks were necessary to use it in a proper way....
Now it's in some light conditions better than lmc.
Please try and compare to LMC and give feedback

Need help:
Video and slomo 1/4 is working but you have to switch to video and back to camera and again to video.
Slomo 1/8 is crashing hard, you may have to reboot (in lmc it's only stopping but you can change to camera mode and than ok)

Someone knows how to fix this?

Compared pic between Shamim and LMC with 008 configs
View attachment 5651651
View attachment 5651647
Hi what version of shamim Gcam is this for?

joaogordo96

May 16, 2022
SACHISK MIXED xml does it work on this R11?

answer: works, but portrait mode not and selfie cam seems fine on viewfinder but blurry in gallery (same in LMC R9 with same xml)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

✅
    Created on Xiaomi 11T Pro and AGC8.8 V8. Should work on some other phones. Sometimes it requires some changes in settings. Lens info was deleted from the config, so lenses should be recognized properly on other devices.
    ✅
    Merge Method is set to 1 for all cameras (works with Snapdragon chipsets). Set Merge Method to 0 for all used profiles if you want to use the config with a MediaTek chipset: Icon in right upper corner -> choose a profile and use Quick Settings button -> Sabre / Spatial RGB -> Merge Method
    ✅
    Very detailed photos without over sharpness and distorsions.
    ✅
    5 saturation profiles for all cameras:
    - Natural - close to real colours
    - Sat 1 - Sat 3 - for more saturated photos
    - B&W - black and white
    ✅
    Added libpatcher settings for additional 10 profiles for all cameras, so you can use your favorite LUTs with them, if you want.

AGC8.8 V8 apk:

How to use the config:

- Be sure you gave all required permissions to AGC
    - Put the config into folder:
    Download/AGC.8.8/configs
    - Use "Load Configs" button from drop down menu and choose the config.

A lib is not required with this config
    ❗

How to use LUTs (kind of filters) with AGC GCam:

1. Download LUTs from AGC ToolKit:
    2. Put downloaded LUTs into folder:
    /Download/AGC.8.8/luts
    3. Icon in right upper corner -> choose a profile that you want to use with a LUT
    4. Icon in right upper corner -> Quick Setting button -> Image Processing -> LUT file
    You can also change the name of the profile there.

Creator: @antykat
    Plus what are u using currently
    I am using AGC8.8 for now, but play with AGC 9.1 and SGCAM 8.5, becouse I am in test group of Shamim. I am on Xiaomi 13 now, but I gave 11T Pro to my son, so I will adapt my configs for it. Then you can use it on RN10P too.
    20220901 Thread cleaned

In case of deleted files from users in my editable folder, test ended here.

I've followed the moderator suggestion about the sharing and the XDA rules, although I don't like to share with non XDA members.

This first post is now with a link to GDrive with shared xmls and libs
    I've adjusted this folder that everyone can modify files inside.
    Please don't delete files, otherwise the test with the editable shared folder ends.

Screenshot_20220901-193826_Drive.png

The both root documents are editable by everyone....
    My final final KAIRU XML (?)

This might just be my very last XML if no problems are found. (For LMC R12 Fix)

Changelog:
    Reduced the green tint on low-light (if it still persists then turn on AWB).

Sharper and reveals even more details.
    Tuned the Wide camera and also fixed the distortion by changing the interface model, turns out it fixes the distortion only after capturing the image.

Added a subtle but very nice beauty mode "✨". It is very nice especially on portrait shots / human shots because it hides a bit of the imperfections (but not too much like what a TikTok filter would). And has the same color profile as the Main lens. I also recommend this mode for a very good low-light or maybe even night pictures because it has very low noise

Please give it a try!
    20220830 Moderator Information

After a closer look at the thread, I find it is totally against XDA's standing on the way of sharing.
    As a forum user for years, I spent 20 minutes on this thread back and forth, trying to find the direct links to download files but repeatedly encounter such words "xx is in invitation group" and it leads me to nowhere.
    The whole thread will remain closed until I removed all off topic posts about "invitation group". And I believe this may take a few days.

20220901 Moderator Information
    TL;DR: all sharing must be happening on XDA or use XDA as major platform

Wall of Text

This thread has been cleaned from off topic posts. You may notice that in total about 4 pages of posts are gone (147 vs 143).

As posted by some users here, this is one of the largesst gcam thread on XDA and the only thread existing for gcam discussion for this device. Unfortunately, it is not very friendly to new gcam users. A newbie, like myself :p, would be 99.5% lost during browsering this thread and the files people talking about were nowhere to find. This must stop.

I understand a developer's feeling of getting recognization, fulfilled, being needed, helpful, and credited. It is a great achievement to let your hard work to be used by many others. To a developer, getting feedback for sure is a critical way to improve the work. In this thread, I see many users are sharing their work and providiing feedback to each other, not only the main developer here, but each other. I belive in this gcam thread, everyone can develop and you are your own developer. Kudos to every "developers" here. :)

I also understand the feeling of "losing your work" when you posted it but no one cares or use it without feedback, it feels like "stealing" or "underappreciated". But I believe that is only a tiny portion of users, especially on XDA. And the background reason also varies: some users are new to this development or shy to share or just want to cherry pick the best for themselves. XDA is on internet, and on internet, we see all kinds of people like in your work, in your life. We accept the fact that users are not all perfect but to see the beauty in it: sharing the work with others.

From now on, please share the xml files directly on XDA. And for OP @Laptapper , I highly suggest you update the first post to include a repo or filehost or any format of summary you like to give others an overview of current progress. For example, you could release a monthly version and then continue ongoing test with users. This is just my suggestion and you have every right to select the way of sharing.

In the end, I want to emphasize one point:
    all sharing must be happening on XDA or use XDA as major platform. Otherwise it is not allowed by our rules and content will be removed.

Thanks for reading this wall of text. Hope you all have a good time developing! :D
    Sharing my personal config, arrived at after months of testing and tweaking:
    - For BSG {Mod edit: Telegram reference removed. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}, no library needed
    - Tested on M2101K6G (sweet)
    - Based on {Mod edit: Telegram reference removed. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator} (heavily tweaked for reduced noise, more accurate colours, better dynamic range)

- All cameras configured (main, ultrawide, macro, front)
    Includes stabilised 4k video recording for all cameras (though GCam stabilisation isn't as good as on stock MIUI app)​
    - Photos are sharp and detailed, while still looking natural (no oversharpening halos etc)
    - Colours are natural and accurate but more punchy than stock (especially in low light)

If you prefer instant photos you can turn off HDR+ Enhanced, but I recommend keeping it on as it gives you improved noise management in main cam, better preserved highlights in ultrawide, and more detail in macro/front at the cost of ~1 sec shutter time. Test for yourself if it's worth it.

ISSUES:
    - No distortion correction in ultrawide
    - In some cases Night Sight photos may be more noisy than optimal
    - Viewfinder may get too dark to see well at night, you can turn on OpenGL preview to fix this

This is a work in progress, so let me know what you think!
    hi guys
    this is the SACHISK MIXED xml with main lens and front cam from KAIRU FINAL -0-.
    in other words, all of Kairu's main lens natural and definition settings entered into Sachisk's XML. So we have the main camera from Kairu, and the rest (ultrawide lens and video recorder and other configs) from Sachisk. for LMC 8.4 x9s.

i could not change AWB settings, so the main camera has all the settings from Kairu without AWB. AWB settings from Sachisk.

from my last 3 2 and a half months, a LMC x9s is really quite stable, and an XML SACHISK MIXED presented the best compromise between functionality and good quality so far. I decided to mix the best of Kairu with the best of Sachisk according to my opinion.