• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

GCam (exynos version from BSG)

Search This thread

Aga.bogdan

Apr 26, 2021
This is so confusing gcam no one will tell about the truth of working port I don't know why or it's my fault.i was search for Gcam port for s9+ exynos for no vain.some one told me to change settings for lens to work with telephoto lens but don't find this type of setting in my gcam port.

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
This is so confusing gcam no one will tell about the truth of working port I don't know why or it's my fault.i was search for Gcam port for s9+ exynos for no vain.some one told me to change settings for lens to work with telephoto lens but don't find this type of setting in my gcam port.
Because you are not using stock ROM? Your current ROM have access to the telephoto lens?

Also, there isn't a fully functional GCam for exynos processors (at least for now).

Aga.bogdan

Apr 26, 2021
Because you are not using stock ROM? Your current ROM have access to the telephoto lens?

Also, there isn't a fully functional GCam for exynos processors (at least for now).
No stock room.but this week I am switching to stock like rom for s9+ ported from s10lite android 11.and there people have access to telephoto lens so hope if stock camera with all function is working good so no need for gcam as for now while it's in development phase.

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
@dcop7 bro can you tell me which version of gcam working with front camera & everything?
Check the first post. Use the latest version and do the steps.
But I notice that everything isn't working.
Telephoto isn't working (it is software that activates the camera depending the light conditions that is only present on stock camera app)
The second front camera doesn't work.

OpenMinded

Oct 26, 2006
great port, thanks. When setting mod settings to YUV, front cam works and saves on my Galaxy S9. The only issue seems to be with flash - it works when changed and app is restarted it seems. Very responsive all, almost perfect.
Would be great if the flash part can be fixed. Read somewhere the app does not restart anymore after changing the setting, perhaps that does the trick? anyway, I'm very greatful for the work, it's so much better than stock LOS app.

dishe2

Dec 2, 2020
Hello,

Some of you know the port of GCam made by Zoran, the ZGcam (https://koopahtmaniac.com/). The only partial working version of exynos version.

A few days ago, the person that started GCam port, BSG, released a version with support to exynos processors (probably a collaboration with Zoran). This could be a milestone to have a better version to exynos processors.

Source celsoazevedo.com

All versions from BSG

I've tested this and the back camera works fine (better with AWB activated). But the front camera doesn't work (maybe they can fix this in the future).

I'm just sharing this. I'm not involved in the development or celsoazevedo's website.

Note: Choose "com.samsung.android.ruler" version. If this doesn't work, try the version "com.samsung.android.scan3d"

A few things:

Frontal camera
Now, the frontal camera wont work out of the box. To make the front camera working:
  1. Open GCam
  2. Swipe down to open the quick settings menu and click in the settings icon
  3. Choose "Modules"
  4. Choose Front (0.9)
  5. Swipe down until you see "ViewFinder Format". Change from JPEG to YUV
  6. Go back and do the same for the Front (1.0)
Now, you can take pictures with the frontal cameras. Note that I couldn't make both lens working, only one (even you see the button to switch to the other camera, for me doesn't work).

Telephoto or ultra wide lens
By default, you can use only 2 cameras. But S10+ have 3.
To use the telephoto or ultra wide lens:
  1. Open GCam
  3. Choose "Module"
  4. You should see 3 entries for "Back". Each have the "zoom value"
    1. Back (0.5) -> ultra wide
    2. Back (1.0) -> main
    3. Back (1.9) -> telephoto
  5. Now you should choose the lens you don't want. Click on the lens you don't want, scroll down and choose "Disable this lens". For example: You want ultra wide and main cameras. So you would disable the telephoto lens. If you want telephoto, you need to disable ultra wide. You only have 2 options on the viewfinder, you need to trick the camera to think you only have 2 lens, so that the correct lens appear.

Other settings:
  • Settings -> Global: -> JPEG Compression to 98% or even 100%
    • This will increase the photo quality
  • Settings -> Advanced -> Control HDR+
    • Then go to the viewfinder, swipe down and choose HDR+ with a little symbol in the circle (button in the right). Each photo will take longer to take, but you will have more quality
  • Settings -> Gobal: -> Focus Tracking (Photo)
    • Click in a subject and it will keep that subject in focus, even if you move the camera

Share your experience with this new version :)
So just to understand, does the front camera now work on the S10 variants using hdr+?

I was told that the raw support for the selfie camera was disabled by Samsung in an update and therefore gcam can't process it. I've been scouring the internet, I want to buy this used but coming from LG and Moto with working hdr+ for family selfies, I think it would be a deal breaker if it doesn't work for me. 😞

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
So just to understand, does the front camera now work on the S10 variants using hdr+?

I was told that the raw support for the selfie camera was disabled by Samsung in an update and therefore gcam can't process it. I've been scouring the internet, I want to buy this used but coming from LG and Moto with working hdr+ for family selfies, I think it would be a deal breaker if it doesn't work for me. 😞
Doesn't work completely. The portrait mode doesn't work.
But the gcam alone is a deal breaker?

dishe2

Dec 2, 2020
Doesn't work completely. The portrait mode doesn't work.
But the gcam alone is a deal breaker?
Portrait mode is fine, I don't need that. I just want the hdr and detail clarity that gcam adds.
Yes it is absolutely a deal breaker- I have pictures on my wall of family trips taken with gcam on my moto and LG phones that print alongside those taken on my $3000+ Sony A7R cameras. It holds up. The selfies taken on my wife and daughter's phone not so much. It's a major selling point for me not to lose that ability.

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
Portrait mode is fine, I don't need that. I just want the hdr and detail clarity that gcam adds.
Yes it is absolutely a deal breaker- I have pictures on my wall of family trips taken with gcam on my moto and LG phones that print alongside those taken on my $3000+ Sony A7R cameras. It holds up. The selfies taken on my wife and daughter's phone not so much. It's a major selling point for me not to lose that ability.
Maybe it is better to buy a pixel phone?

dishe2

Dec 2, 2020
Maybe it is better to buy a pixel phone?
Been there. Hated it. I enjoy multiple lenses, headphone jack and wireless charging in my car. There isn't a pixel phone that offers all that, plus they retain their value used far longer. I've had better results with gcam on the aforementioned phones and kept all the features I wanted within a reasonable budget. It's not that crazy. I'll just go G8 if this doesn't work, but it sounds like it might!

@Kingmaker5938, thanks! Will this work with the snapdragon variant as well or only exynos?

Last edited:

Kingmaker5938

Mar 10, 2021
Been there. Hated it. I enjoy multiple lenses, headphone jack and wireless charging in my car. There isn't a pixel phone that offers all that, plus they retain their value used far longer. I've had better results with gcam on the aforementioned phones and kept all the features I wanted within a reasonable budget. It's not that crazy. I'll just go G8 if this doesn't work, but it sounds like it might!

@Kingmaker5938, thanks! Will this work with the snapdragon variant as well or only exynos?
it's for exynos

iamkani

Jul 23, 2013
Negombo, Sri Lanka
Here is a sample Ultra wide camera

Attachments

• PXL_20210730_181728428.jpg
    PXL_20210730_181728428.jpg
    12.9 MB · Views: 42

Donkey666

Jun 30, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hello,

Some of you know the port of GCam made by Zoran, the ZGcam (https://koopahtmaniac.com/). The only partial working version of exynos version.

A few days ago, the person that started GCam port, BSG, released a version with support to exynos processors (probably a collaboration with Zoran). This could be a milestone to have a better version to exynos processors.

Source celsoazevedo.com

All versions from BSG

I've tested this and the back camera works fine (better with AWB activated). But the front camera doesn't work (maybe they can fix this in the future).

I'm just sharing this. I'm not involved in the development or celsoazevedo's website.

Note: Choose "com.samsung.android.ruler" version. If this doesn't work, try the version "com.samsung.android.scan3d"

A few things:

Frontal camera
Now, the frontal camera wont work out of the box. To make the front camera working:
  1. Open GCam
  3. Choose "Modules"
  4. Choose Front (0.9)
Now, you can take pictures with the frontal cameras. Note that I couldn't make both lens working, only one (even you see the button to switch to the other camera, for me doesn't work).

1. Open GCam
  3. Choose "Module"
    2. Back (1.0) -> main
  5. Now you should choose the lens you don't want. Click on the lens you don't want, scroll down and choose "Disable this lens". For example: You want ultra wide and main cameras. So you would disable the telephoto lens. If you want telephoto, you need to disable ultra wide. You only have 2 options on the viewfinder, you need to trick the camera to think you only have 2 lens, so that the correct lens appear.

Other settings:
    • Then go to the viewfinder, swipe down and choose HDR+ with a little symbol in the circle (button in the right). Each photo will take longer to take, but you will have more quality
    • Click in a subject and it will keep that subject in focus, even if you move the camera

[2X Telephoto Note 10+] Trick you have described did not work, UI showed 1x and 2x cameras but when I switched to 2x, image was still going from main camera(1x) (you can try cover lens with finger and see fo yourself..) Also in modules settings was not showing tlephoto(2x) I just whitelisted ID 4 or 5 and blacklisted ID 2(0.5x)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

A few days ago, the person that started GCam port, BSG, released a version with support to exynos processors.

Changelog of the public version from BSG (8.1.101 from 03/10/2021):
    - Added support for devices with Exynos processors running Android 10+.
    - Fixed problems with add-on modules for Sony devices.
    - Fixed all known issues with Google Pixel 4, 4XL, V
    - The design has been redesigned (it will still be improved and a description of the settings and translation will be added).
    - Added gallery selection by default (you don't need to include anything, everything is automatically enabled).
    - Removed depth modules that could not shoot.
    - Fixed shortcuts.
    - Many minor fixes.

Source celsoazevedo.com

All versions from BSG

A few things:

Frontal camera
    1. Open GCam
    3. Choose "Modules"
    4. Choose Front (0.9)

1. Open GCam
    3. Choose "Module"
      2. Back (1.0) -> main

Other settings:

Thanks for sharing.
    I'm wondering which of the five .apk for version MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV0m is the right one for a Exynos device.
    Hello,

Source celsoazevedo.com

Thank you.
    I was using ZGCam from koopahtmaniac.com and that was working reassonable well. Just now installed this BSG's version: MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV0m_Eng.apk and that is working even better and more fluid. Thank you for pointing that out.
    I'm running samsung starlte S9, with Lineageos 18.1 en Nikgapps
    MGC_8.1.101_A9_GVq_ruler.apk and MGC_8.1.101_A9_GVq_scan3d.apk seem to be working fine on Exynos. Also, the front camera launches, but the capture button doesn't save the picture.

Also, I can't get the wide-angle lens working here by tweaking the mod settings. However, I got the wide-angle lens working in ZGCAM.

Although, this version is actually quite smoother. Hopefully, we will have the front cam working soon :cowboy:
    I think there is a beta version that maked the front cam working. We just need to wait a bit more.
    I was able to use the wide-angle lens. But I've found a limitation. You either have the wide angle or the telephoto lens. You can't have the hability to choose both when you want.
    For an example, I had the 1x option and sliding to the left I have 0.5x. But no 2x.
    So, I've gone to the settings and disable the lens 0.5x. Then it appears the 2x lens.

Hope it will be a fix in the future.
    [2X Telephoto Note 10+] Trick you have described did not work, UI showed 1x and 2x cameras but when I switched to 2x, image was still going from main camera(1x) (you can try cover lens with finger and see fo yourself..) Also in modules settings was not showing tlephoto(2x) I just whitelisted ID 4 or 5 and blacklisted ID 2(0.5x)
    Yes. Telephoto lens does not work. I think it is activated by software. If you check stock camera, you see it is the software that decides to use telephoto lens. If it is low light, at 2x, stock camera uses the main camera instead of telephoto lens.