• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

GCam (exynos version from BSG)

Search This thread

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
[2X Telephoto Note 10+] Trick you have described did not work, UI showed 1x and 2x cameras but when I switched to 2x, image was still going from main camera(1x) (you can try cover lens with finger and see fo yourself..) Also in modules settings was not showing tlephoto(2x) I just whitelisted ID 4 or 5 and blacklisted ID 2(0.5x)
Yes. Telephoto lens does not work. I think it is activated by software. If you check stock camera, you see it is the software that decides to use telephoto lens. If it is low light, at 2x, stock camera uses the main camera instead of telephoto lens.

Reactions: Brixavier

Crysis2

Dec 24, 2012
tehran
Hi
It's about a month i bought a S20+ 5G and always heard from friends that gcam is wonder full software.
If any one here would be kind enough to point me in right direction and guide me on how to install it(like do i need root? do i need any thing special?) and which apk from link blow i shall download for my S20+ 5G Exynos version?

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
Hi
It's about a month i bought a S20+ 5G and always heard from friends that gcam is wonder full software.
If any one here would be kind enough to point me in right direction and guide me on how to install it(like do i need root? do i need any thing special?) and which apk from link blow i shall download for my S20+ 5G Exynos version?
Did you check the first post? Just to go the "All versions from BSG" and download the latest and follow the instructions.

Reactions: Brixavier

Crysis2

Dec 24, 2012
tehran
Did you check the first post? Just to go the "All versions from BSG" and download the latest and follow the instructions.
Yes.
I should download this one? or?
My problem is I can't figure out which one works on my phone?
Some one said the *_ENG.apk version works with Exynos CPUs.
but in first post you said use com.samsung.android.ruler.
Which one should i use?

dcop7

Jul 5, 2011
Leiria
Yes.
I should download this one? or?
My problem is I can't figure out which one works on my phone?
Some one said the *_ENG.apk version works with Exynos CPUs.
but in first post you said use com.samsung.android.ruler.
Which one should i use?
I don't know who said that. But why you doesn't just try and see if it works? If doesn't work, just uninstall the app.

Reactions: Crysis2

Brixavier

Mar 20, 2020
Hello Guys

Quick question: Has anyone been able to set the front camera on their S10 to take high quality pics, I noticed the taken photos are really crappy, worse than what i see in the view finder when taking the picture.
I noticed this cam has a lots of mod settings, after tweaking those settings, I do not see any change in the final result.
I use an IDan 5.* G-Cam on my S8 and the selfies are so sharp its unbelievable, its just a little bit pinkish.

So any ideas for selfie cam on the s10 for this GCam version will be appreciated.

I don't know who said that. But why you doesn't just try and see if it works? If doesn't work, just uninstall the app.
Please correct the main Post contents.
There is no information about collaboration of bsg and zoran.
And Package names for Samsung are Scan3d and Ruler. which you mentioned lol sorry

(I'm administrator in both ports telegram group.)

A note from Moderator in both groups:

ZGcam and BSG MGC are both great ports.
They have separated pros and cons. So Latest is not always the Best.

Front and other blocked Auxiliary sensors are blocked by samsung itself. So Even if you bypass the RAW requirements, there will be no difference or worse result on those sensors.

Lastly, Join Telegram Groups for better support. We have bunch of configurations and modded libs(that can unlock the blocked sensors) in here. And We will help you guys with many guides.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Some of you know the port of GCam made by Zoran, the ZGcam (https://koopahtmaniac.com/). The only partial working version of exynos version.

A few days ago, the person that started GCam port, BSG, released a version with support to exynos processors.

Changelog of the public version from BSG (8.1.101 from 03/10/2021):
    - Added support for devices with Exynos processors running Android 10+.
    - Fixed problems with add-on modules for Sony devices.
    - Fixed all known issues with Google Pixel 4, 4XL, V
    - The design has been redesigned (it will still be improved and a description of the settings and translation will be added).
    - Added gallery selection by default (you don't need to include anything, everything is automatically enabled).
    - Removed depth modules that could not shoot.
    - Fixed shortcuts.
    - Many minor fixes.

Source celsoazevedo.com

All versions from BSG

I've tested this and the back camera works fine (better with AWB activated). But the front camera doesn't work (maybe they can fix this in the future).

I'm just sharing this. I'm not involved in the development or celsoazevedo's website.

Note: Choose "com.samsung.android.ruler" version. If this doesn't work, try the version "com.samsung.android.scan3d"

A few things:

Frontal camera
    Now, the frontal camera wont work out of the box. To make the front camera working:
    1. Open GCam
    2. Swipe down to open the quick settings menu and click in the settings icon
    3. Choose "Modules"
    4. Choose Front (0.9)
    5. Swipe down until you see "ViewFinder Format". Change from JPEG to YUV
    6. Go back and do the same for the Front (1.0)
    Now, you can take pictures with the frontal cameras. Note that I couldn't make both lens working, only one (even you see the button to switch to the other camera, for me doesn't work).

Telephoto or ultra wide lens
    By default, you can use only 2 cameras. But S10+ have 3.
    To use the telephoto or ultra wide lens:
    1. Open GCam
    2. Swipe down to open the quick settings menu and click in the settings icon
    3. Choose "Module"
    4. You should see 3 entries for "Back". Each have the "zoom value"
      1. Back (0.5) -> ultra wide
      2. Back (1.0) -> main
      3. Back (1.9) -> telephoto
    5. Now you should choose the lens you don't want. Click on the lens you don't want, scroll down and choose "Disable this lens". For example: You want ultra wide and main cameras. So you would disable the telephoto lens. If you want telephoto, you need to disable ultra wide. You only have 2 options on the viewfinder, you need to trick the camera to think you only have 2 lens, so that the correct lens appear.

Other settings:
    • Settings -> Global: -> JPEG Compression to 98% or even 100%
      • This will increase the photo quality
    • Settings -> Advanced -> Control HDR+
      • Then go to the viewfinder, swipe down and choose HDR+ with a little symbol in the circle (button in the right). Each photo will take longer to take, but you will have more quality
    • Settings -> Gobal: -> Focus Tracking (Photo)
      • Click in a subject and it will keep that subject in focus, even if you move the camera

Share your experience with this new version :)
    Thanks for sharing.
    I'm wondering which of the five .apk for version MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV0m is the right one for a Exynos device.
    Hello,

Some of you know the port of GCam made by Zoran, the ZGcam (https://koopahtmaniac.com/). The only partial working version of exynos version.

A few days ago, the person that started GCam port, BSG, released a version with support to exynos processors (probably a collaboration with Zoran). This could be a milestone to have a better version to exynos processors.

Source celsoazevedo.com

I've tested this and the back camera works fine (better with AWB activated). But the front camera doesn't work (maybe they can fix this in the future).

I'm just sharing this. I'm not involved in the development or celsoazevedo's website.

Share your experience with this new version :)
    Thank you.
    I was using ZGCam from koopahtmaniac.com and that was working reassonable well. Just now installed this BSG's version: MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV0m_Eng.apk and that is working even better and more fluid. Thank you for pointing that out.
    I'm running samsung starlte S9, with Lineageos 18.1 en Nikgapps
    MGC_8.1.101_A9_GVq_ruler.apk and MGC_8.1.101_A9_GVq_scan3d.apk seem to be working fine on Exynos. Also, the front camera launches, but the capture button doesn't save the picture.

Also, I can't get the wide-angle lens working here by tweaking the mod settings. However, I got the wide-angle lens working in ZGCAM.

Although, this version is actually quite smoother. Hopefully, we will have the front cam working soon :cowboy:
    I think there is a beta version that maked the front cam working. We just need to wait a bit more.
    I was able to use the wide-angle lens. But I've found a limitation. You either have the wide angle or the telephoto lens. You can't have the hability to choose both when you want.
    For an example, I had the 1x option and sliding to the left I have 0.5x. But no 2x.
    So, I've gone to the settings and disable the lens 0.5x. Then it appears the 2x lens.

Hope it will be a fix in the future.
    [2X Telephoto Note 10+] Trick you have described did not work, UI showed 1x and 2x cameras but when I switched to 2x, image was still going from main camera(1x) (you can try cover lens with finger and see fo yourself..) Also in modules settings was not showing tlephoto(2x) I just whitelisted ID 4 or 5 and blacklisted ID 2(0.5x)
    Yes. Telephoto lens does not work. I think it is activated by software. If you check stock camera, you see it is the software that decides to use telephoto lens. If it is low light, at 2x, stock camera uses the main camera instead of telephoto lens.