• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

GCAM for cc9

Search This thread

ericson1998

Jan 21, 2018
Well, after tried some GCams, this is the best i've found: https://mega.nz/file/CIoDzADJ#yd19WB023DOJZo4yIRnqf6wBIlpUjsO5k44egs7E8us

It's a Mi 9 SE GCam 7.3, but it worked fine. For this camera you have to flash "buffer fix" (Magisk version is fine). The only problem i've found is that "HDR+" doesn't work well in low light, so in those situations you have to activate "HDR+ Enhaced" or Nigth Vision, because with HDR+ you get an image very very agresivelly-processed. Maybe a XLM could fix that but i haven't found it.

In case you have bootloader-locked device and can't flash buffer fix, this is best GCam: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82383905&postcount=267

That one is a Gcam 7.0 with buffer fix integrated. There's still not stable GCam 7.3 for locked devices i think.

I have locked bootloader and tried the 7.0 version.

But when I take a picture, the colors are desaturated. They become fine when I take a picture with Night mode. Should I just adjust the saturation in settings? If yes, to what amount, if you know?

And does the Astrography mode work? Or do I have to enable it in developer settings (by ticking some options)? Because it doesn't work for me. I enable it in developer options and the camera is completely still but it takes regular night mode anyway.

dimeim

Mar 15, 2011
Greece
Hello! Is there a way to get functional GCam without flashing the bufferfix through recovery? I am stock and have stopped rooting for quite some time, so it'd be great to have the bufferfix included in a Gcam APK.

Roy Fokker

Feb 8, 2014
But when I take a picture, the colors are desaturated. They become fine when I take a picture with Night mode. Should I just adjust the saturation in settings? If yes, to what amount, if you know?

Just turn on Pixel AWB in the settings, I have saturation set to Low (Pixel default) and the colors are right.

And does the Astrography mode work?

Nope.

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

BimGuessWhat

Jan 26, 2020
I am currently using PixelCam 7.3 V5.4 by Jairo Rossi together with the configuration for the Mi 9 SE by Dennis Murimi (PixelCamMi9LiteDennisMurimi.xml). Image files are automatically named like "IMG_PixelCam_20200722_130414.PixelCamMi9LiteDennisMurimi.xml.jpg". Shortening the configuration file to ".xml" still produces names like "IMG_PixelCam_20200722_130414..xml.jpg".

Is there any setting in PixelCam or the configuration file to customize the resulting file name, so that it doesn't contain "PixelCam" and the name of the configuration file (like "IMG_20200722_130414.jpg")? I couldn't find anything related. Maybe i missed something?

doomoo

Sep 29, 2011
Well, after tried some GCams, this is the best i've found:

In case you have bootloader-locked device and can't flash buffer fix, this is best GCam: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82383905&postcount=267

That one is a Gcam 7.0 with buffer fix integrated. There's still not stable GCam 7.3 for locked devices i think.

Thanks for sharing, have installed this one on a stock miui 11.0.3.0 QFCEUXM

The quality of photos is better as on stock app, but the making of photos takes a minimum of 3 seconds, what is very long.

Does anyone know if this is something I can fix, or is this normal behaviour for the ported gcam?

Does this behavior also appear on custom roms with Gcam?

Thanks in advance!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 9 Lite met Tapatalk

kolbitas

Oct 3, 2017
HTC 10
Xiaomi Mi CC9 / Mi 9 Lite
Thanks for sharing, have installed this one on a stock miui 11.0.3.0 QFCEUXM

The quality of photos is better as on stock app, but the making of photos takes a minimum of 3 seconds, what is very long.

Does anyone know if this is something I can fix, or is this normal behaviour for the ported gcam?

Does this behavior also appear on custom roms with Gcam?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe you have hdr set to always on?

doomoo

Sep 29, 2011
I set hdr to auto, don't really need it in the daytime anyway. And it's taking photos instantly.
How do you do that? The HDR enable/disable button isn't working at my phone

Just to be clear, you have installed this app?

Thanks in advance IMG_20200817_201528.jpg

rodeur974

Nov 13, 2019
hi,

if it can help
a new hypercam "strike" which give me better results with a10 , better than 7.0, the link for download
https://gcambrasil.com.br/hypercam
the 6.1 for bootloader locked i use this one : HC-StrikeRemix.apk,

i manage to use aux camera with the new one, HC-StrikeRemix-FixAux.apk (enable aux 2 ) but nevermind i use stock for that, too unstable for me

loot at this video for some settings , do your own, use bufer fix anf nigjt fix and it's ok for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOYXsHsh_U4

jcunltd

Feb 23, 2015
I'm currently using this one: everything works even the auxiliary cameras, the only thing that takes about 3 seconds. in taking the photo

lapist

Nov 21, 2009
hi,

if it can help
a new hypercam "strike" which give me better results with a10 , better than 7.0, the link for download
https://gcambrasil.com.br/hypercam
the 6.1 for bootloader locked i use this one : HC-StrikeRemix.apk,

i manage to use aux camera with the new one, HC-StrikeRemix-FixAux.apk (enable aux 2 ) but nevermind i use stock for that, too unstable for me

loot at this video for some settings , do your own, use bufer fix anf nigjt fix and it's ok for me

I installed Strike Remix 1.1 and it works quite fine, just in addition to enabling buffer fix and "Alternate config" for night sight, I increased saturation a bit.

The only bigger problem I have with it is in Photo Sphere. When I finish taking photos for the sphere and click checkmark button, the image just freezes and I have to switch to desktop and back to gcam again. Any ideas how to fix that?

Reactions: jcunltd

balboni20

Apr 23, 2011
Hello, I had a working gcam 7.0 or similar on my locked device MI 9 Lite
Now I have unlocked it and installed miui 12.5.0.3 eu and no gcam seems to be working anymore.

Well I did find a 6.2.030 that works but images are greyish and it doesnt have the pixel AWB setting.
Does anyone now a working GCAM?

Top Liked Posts