• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods GCAM for Exynos S21 Ultra

Search This thread

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Hi guys, soon-to-be S21 Ultra (exynos) user here. Has anything changed in regards to auxiliary lenses in apps like GCam? Do the telephotos work, or still just the ultra wide? Thanks.
To my knowledge still only UW and UWW, so no telephoto lenses on GCams.... I'd be very happy if someone could correct me, though ;)
Telephoto with GCam can work...but not without effort. First, you need root. Second, you need that root access to replace a system library file with a patched one. Since a patched library file is needed, it means that with every system update, you need a new patched library. Probably not worth it for most, but if you are already rooted, could be worth a try. I don't have the Exynos model, but this file should work for the AUDA build ROMS.

Attachments

• 64libexynoscamera3_stock.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Appreciate the reply @beserker15 ! Unfortunately for me I tried that method and failed miserably, so eventually I gave up and reverted to stock, relocking the bootloader.

I got another question regarding this topic, if you guys don't mind. Is there any possibility at all that Samsung might allow Auxiliary lens support in 3rd party apps, in the upcoming OneUI 4.0(?) update? Obviously I mean for Exynos. If only they could do what they did with the Snapdragon variant... All lenses being supported with the exception of the selfie cam - that would be great! Front camera in GCam is not really necessary (in my opinion), however the tele lenses would be quite useful.

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
So BSG GCam, ruler and scan3d versions, does detect the 3x (2.9x) telephoto... the problem is, the 2.9x button does not appear on the damn viewfinder no matter what. 😭

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711-180720_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-180720_Camera.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 166

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Appreciate the reply @beserker15 ! Unfortunately for me I tried that method and failed miserably, so eventually I gave up and reverted to stock, relocking the bootloader.

I got another question regarding this topic, if you guys don't mind. Is there any possibility at all that Samsung might allow Auxiliary lens support in 3rd party apps, in the upcoming OneUI 4.0(?) update? Obviously I mean for Exynos. If only they could do what they did with the Snapdragon variant... All lenses being supported with the exception of the selfie cam - that would be great! Front camera in GCam is not really necessary (in my opinion), however the tele lenses would be quite useful.

Try this, newly released mod (and yes still requires root).

Reactions: jericho246

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Try this, newly released mod (and yes still requires root).
Thanks! just tried it but doesn't seem to work on the AUG4 firmware unfortunately. And stock cam viewfinder stays completely black while this mod is enabled :(

Reactions: timofonic

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Thanks! just tried it but doesn't seem to work on the AUG4 firmware unfortunately. And stock cam viewfinder stays completely black while this mod is enabled :(
Looks like it only works for AUF2. Apparently Samsung changes that file every firmware, so every firmware has to be re-modified. It would be cool if that developer shows how he did it, but I'm guessing the steps are not going to be user friendly since it involves modding a library.

Reactions: timofonic

timofonic

Looks like it only works for AUF2. Apparently Samsung changes that file every firmware, so every firmware has to be re-modified. It would be cool if that developer shows how he did it, but I'm guessing the steps are not going to be user friendly since it involves modding a library.
Any hopes all these stuff and others work with newer ROMs? Is someone actively looking at it?

jauhari

Top Liked Posts