GCam for Galaxy A50/A51/Tab S6 and more (PenguinGCam)

Search This thread
Untitled.png

Click here to download latest version (36,0 MB)

Features:
- Shooting Photo and making Video
- HDR
- PhotoSphere (on One UI 2.1 or older)
- Lens Blur/Portrait Mode
- Panorama (on One UI 2.1 or older)
- Timer(3s or 10s)
- Custom brightness
- Custom white balance
- Video stabilization
- Dirty lens warning
- Volume key actions(Shutter, Zoom)
- Double-tap to Zoom
- Custom resolution (Photo and Video)
- AR Stuff(Add-on)

Supported devices:
- Most Samsung Devices running Android 8 or newer
- some others too (must run Android 8 or newer and support partial camera2api)

Bugs:
- Panorama and PhotoSphere don't work on One UI 2.5 or newer
- HDR is buggy on some devices

Telegram Channel for latest news: Join
Telegram Support Group: Join

PenguinGCam featured online:

Changelog:
V9.0

- Added support for the following languages(from GCam base): Afrikaans/Afrikaans (af), Amharic/አማርኛ (am), Arabic/العربية (ar), Azerbaijani/azərbaycan (az), Belarusian/беларуская (be), Bulgarian/български (bg), Bangla/বাংলা (bn), Bosnian/bosanski (bs), Catalan/català (ca), Czech/čeština (cs), Danish/dansk (da), Greek/Ελληνικά (el), Spanish/español (es), Estonian/eesti (et), Basque/euskara (eu), Persian/فارسی (fa), Finnish/suomi (fi), Galician/galego (gl), Gujarati/ગુજરાતી (gu), Hindi/हिन्दी (hi), Croatian/hrvatski (hr), Hungarian/magyar (hu), Armenian/հայերեն (hy), Indonesian/Indonesia (id), Indonesian/Indonesia (in), Icelandic/íslenska (is), Italian/italiano (it), Hebrew/עברית (iw), Japanese/日本語 (ja), Georgian/ქართული (ka), Kazakh/қазақ тілі (kk), Khmer/ខ្មែរ (km), Kannada/ಕನ್ನಡ (kn), Korean/한국어 (ko), Kyrgyz/кыргызча (ky), Lao/ລາວ (lo), Lithuanian/lietuvių (lt), Latvian/latviešu (lv), Macedonian/македонски (mk), Malayalam/മലയാളം (ml), Mongolian/монгол (mn), Marathi/मराठी (mr), Malay/Melayu (ms), Burmese/မြန်မာ (my), Norwegian Bokmål/norsk bokmål (nb), Nepali/नेपाली (ne), Dutch/Nederlands (nl), Punjabi/ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (pa), Polish/polski (pl), Portuguese/português (pt), Romanian/română (ro), Russian/русский (ru), Sinhala/සිංහල (si), Slovak/slovenčina (sk), Slovenian/slovenščina (sl), Albanian/shqip (sq), Serbian/српски (sr), Swedish/svenska (sv), Swahili/Kiswahili (sw), Tamil/தமிழ் (ta), Telugu/తెలుగు (te), Thai/ไทย (th), Tagalog/Tagalog (tl), Turkish/Türkçe (tr), Ukrainian/українська (uk), Urdu/اردو (ur), Uzbek/o‘zbek (uz), Vietnamese/Tiếng Việt (vi), Chinese/中文 (zh), Zulu/isiZulu (zu)
- Optimizations
- Bump compileSdkVersion to 33
- Bump platformBuildVersionCode to 33
- Bump platformBuildVersionName to 13
- Bump TargetSDK from 27 to 28

Attachments

• PenguinGCam_v4.1.apk
    32.6 MB · Views: 34,881
  • PenguinGCam_v5.1.apk
    32.6 MB · Views: 28,700
  • PenguinGCam v6.0.apk
    33 MB · Views: 30,702
  • PenguinGCam v7.0-hotfix1.apk
    32.8 MB · Views: 17,782
  • PenguinGCam v8.0.apk
    32.9 MB · Views: 88,830
  • PenguinGCam_9.0.apk
    35.7 MB · Views: 38,477
Last edited:

Jeswinthayil

Mar 23, 2020
this is the most basic camera app.... I don't know why you would rather use this than the normal camera... it doesn't even have HDR?

Arihan10

Oct 25, 2020
Hi! The version on Dropbox doesn't support HDR I believe. Where exactly can I get version 2 (or whichever one supports HDR as it says in the changelog)? Thanks.

Arihan10

Oct 25, 2020
How to turn on HDR?

Hi! The version on Dropbox doesn't support HDR I believe. Where exactly can I get version 2 (or whichever one supports HDR as it says in the changelog)? Thanks.

Nevermind, it is indeed actually version 2; however, there's no option to turn on HDR. How do I turn on the experimental HDR as you've mentioned in the changelog?

Nevermind, it is indeed actually version 2; however, there's no option to turn on HDR. How do I turn on the experimental HDR as you've mentioned in the changelog?

v2 was a rebase and I forgot add HDR
In v2.1 which I just released, HDR and HDR+ do work, just download updated apk and install.

And thanks for using PenguinGCam :)

Reactions: jeebspawnshop

kuryjuan

Oct 27, 2020
Hello, in the link the file appears to me as version 2.1. but 2.0 appears in the app. The file is wrongly uploaded there.
ps: thanks for the app it works perfect for me

Arihan10

Oct 25, 2020
Version 2.0, not v2.1

v2 was a rebase and I forgot add HDR
In v2.1 which I just released, HDR and HDR+ do work, just download updated apk and install.

And thanks for using PenguinGCam :)

Huh, so now this is weird... while the .apk's file name says it's v2.1, upon installing and opening the app it's still the exact same as before and says it's still version 2 (so no HDR or anything). You may have accidentally confused the two files. See the screenshot attached here: https://i.imgur.com/4yDpwrm.jpg

P.S Thanks a lot for putting so much effort into the app btw!

Last edited:

Arihan10

Oct 25, 2020
HDR problems?

Hi Guys,
im sorry but the v2.1 release didn't went well because I confused the files (thanks for telling me @Arihan10 and @kuryjuan)

Here is the link for v2.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bskyjlc4x5losl5/PenguinGCam_v2.1_A51.apk?dl=1

It seems HDR still isn't kicking in (HDR is turned on and so is HDR+ Control; same results without HDR+ Control and HDR). See the attached screenshots below:

Stock Camera (HDR example): https://i.imgur.com/sSmIWKq.jpg
PenguinGCam (HDR enabled, not working?): https://i.imgur.com/u1Z3boi.jpg

Is HDR not working or are there some other settings besides HDR+ Control in Advanced Options and HDR in PenguinGCam Settings that also need to be changed in order for HDR to work? Thanks a lot!

It seems HDR still isn't kicking in (HDR is turned on and so is HDR+ Control; same results without HDR+ Control and HDR). See the attached screenshots below:

Stock Camera (HDR example): https://i.imgur.com/sSmIWKq.jpg
PenguinGCam (HDR enabled, not working?): https://i.imgur.com/u1Z3boi.jpg

Is HDR not working or are there some other settings besides HDR+ Control in Advanced Options and HDR in PenguinGCam Settings that also need to be changed in order for HDR to work? Thanks a lot!

Im sorry that HDR isnt kicking in for you, the only thing I can do is changing some values

achour7

Nov 4, 2016
Tizi Ouzou
l5H6kDA.jpg

Stuff that works:
- Taking Photos (front and back)
- Taking Video (front and back)
- HDR and HDR+ (only on v2.1 or newer)
- Panorama
- Photo Sphere
- Lens Blur
- Volume Key actions
- Double-tap to zoom
- Grid
- Timer
- Flash
Stuff that doesnt work:
- Slow Motion

Installaton Guide:

- Download the apk file
- Install the Apk
- Open GCam
- Enjoy GCam on your A51

Changelog:

v2.1
- Better image processing
- ReAdded HDR
- Added HDR+
- Overall improvements
- Some minor tweaks

v2.0
- Re-Based to GCam v5.1.018.177470874
- Added Double-tap to zoom
- Minor improvment
- Much faster
- Better image processing
- Removed HDR

v1.0
-Initial Release

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bskyjlc4x5losl5/PenguinGCam_v2.1_A51.apk?dl=1

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/OYLaC9S

Information:
Latest Version: v2.1
Created 2020-09-20
Last Updated 2020-10-28

HI, I saw that A51 doesn't support full caméra2 api but you managed to get hdr+ working on this phone without root...
Could you please do something to the huawei p20 pro which suffer from this issue, please?

HI, I saw that A51 doesn't support full caméra2 api but you managed to get hdr+ working on this phone without root...
Could you please do something to the huawei p20 pro which suffer from this issue, please?

Im sorry, I do not have a huawei p20 to test or debug. And on A51 HDR + is extremly buggy(it sometimes uses HDR in a photo and sometimes not) and if you want HDR+ RAW( which will be part of 3.0) you will need root to enable full camera2api if that even works.

Maybe you will find something on the internet: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=gcam+huawei+p20+pro&ia=web

zombieanidata

May 24, 2018
New request

It would be awesome if it could be added google photos integration like in most gcam modifications.

It would be awesome if it could be added google photos integration like in most gcam modifications.

Hello zombieanidata,

full google photos integration will not be happening, but penguingcam already uses Google photos editor for photo editing. If you don't have google photos installed, editing photos within PenguinGCam is not possible

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Untitled.png

Click here to download latest version (36,0 MB)

Features:
    - Shooting Photo and making Video
    - HDR
    - PhotoSphere (on One UI 2.1 or older)
    - Lens Blur/Portrait Mode
    - Panorama (on One UI 2.1 or older)
    - Timer(3s or 10s)
    - Custom brightness
    - Custom white balance
    - Video stabilization
    - Dirty lens warning
    - Volume key actions(Shutter, Zoom)
    - Double-tap to Zoom
    - Custom resolution (Photo and Video)
    - AR Stuff(Add-on)

Supported devices:
    - Most Samsung Devices running Android 8 or newer
    - some others too (must run Android 8 or newer and support partial camera2api)

Bugs:
    - Panorama and PhotoSphere don't work on One UI 2.5 or newer
    - HDR is buggy on some devices

Telegram Channel for latest news: Join
    Telegram Support Group: Join

PenguinGCam featured online:

Changelog:
    V9.0

- Added support for the following languages(from GCam base): Afrikaans/Afrikaans (af), Amharic/አማርኛ (am), Arabic/العربية (ar), Azerbaijani/azərbaycan (az), Belarusian/беларуская (be), Bulgarian/български (bg), Bangla/বাংলা (bn), Bosnian/bosanski (bs), Catalan/català (ca), Czech/čeština (cs), Danish/dansk (da), Greek/Ελληνικά (el), Spanish/español (es), Estonian/eesti (et), Basque/euskara (eu), Persian/فارسی (fa), Finnish/suomi (fi), Galician/galego (gl), Gujarati/ગુજરાતી (gu), Hindi/हिन्दी (hi), Croatian/hrvatski (hr), Hungarian/magyar (hu), Armenian/հայերեն (hy), Indonesian/Indonesia (id), Indonesian/Indonesia (in), Icelandic/íslenska (is), Italian/italiano (it), Hebrew/עברית (iw), Japanese/日本語 (ja), Georgian/ქართული (ka), Kazakh/қазақ тілі (kk), Khmer/ខ្មែរ (km), Kannada/ಕನ್ನಡ (kn), Korean/한국어 (ko), Kyrgyz/кыргызча (ky), Lao/ລາວ (lo), Lithuanian/lietuvių (lt), Latvian/latviešu (lv), Macedonian/македонски (mk), Malayalam/മലയാളം (ml), Mongolian/монгол (mn), Marathi/मराठी (mr), Malay/Melayu (ms), Burmese/မြန်မာ (my), Norwegian Bokmål/norsk bokmål (nb), Nepali/नेपाली (ne), Dutch/Nederlands (nl), Punjabi/ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (pa), Polish/polski (pl), Portuguese/português (pt), Romanian/română (ro), Russian/русский (ru), Sinhala/සිංහල (si), Slovak/slovenčina (sk), Slovenian/slovenščina (sl), Albanian/shqip (sq), Serbian/српски (sr), Swedish/svenska (sv), Swahili/Kiswahili (sw), Tamil/தமிழ் (ta), Telugu/తెలుగు (te), Thai/ไทย (th), Tagalog/Tagalog (tl), Turkish/Türkçe (tr), Ukrainian/українська (uk), Urdu/اردو (ur), Uzbek/o‘zbek (uz), Vietnamese/Tiếng Việt (vi), Chinese/中文 (zh), Zulu/isiZulu (zu)
    - Optimizations
    - Bump compileSdkVersion to 33
    - Bump platformBuildVersionCode to 33
    - Bump platformBuildVersionName to 13
    - Bump TargetSDK from 27 to 28
    The GCam is much faster than the Stock Cam, and also makes nicer pictures and i really like the photosphere
    Thank you @Pinguin2001 for this wonderful Samsung GCam APK port which worked on my Samsung Galaxy A32 5G (Model SM-A326U) OneUI version 3.1, Android version 11 (MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 720 5G CPU & Mali-G57 MC3 GPU).

A Camera2APIProbe for the main camera (Camera id 0) showed...
    • NO LEVEL_3 hardware support
    • NO FULL hardware support
    • Yes LIMITED hardware support
    • NO EXTERNAL hardware support
    • NO LEGACY hardware support
    • NO UNKNOWN hardware support
    • NO Auto exposure, auto flash, red eye reduction
    • NO Auto focus EDOF focus modes
    • NO RAW capture
    • NO Optical stabilization modes
    I had tried a few other GCam ports but they had limited functionality (most wouldn't see through the lens... it was just black - others wouldn't install - and some only took video & panorama but not photos).
    1. Google Camera Port Hub
    2. Pixel Camera Port
    3. How To Install and Use GCam
    4. Google Camera Port Developers
    5. Suggested GCam Versions
    6. GCam Port: Zoran apks
    7. Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A32
    8. BSG Gcam 8.1 APK for Samsung Galaxy A32
    9. Arnova8G2 GCam 8.1 APK for Samsung Galaxy A32
    10. Urnyx05 GCam 7.3.018 APK for Samsung Galaxy A32
    It was only when I finally found this thread that your version 4.1 and 5.1 ports both worked on my A32 5G (so I created this account to report back to you & to thank you).

It's funny how the solution that works is always in the last place you think of looking! (This thread doesn't even mention my phone so I had no reasonable hope of your port working - and yet it worked!)

If you need me to test anything, just let me know.
    Thanks its also working on samsung galaxy m21 except slow motion thanks again

Im glad it works for you! :good:
    Funcionou perfeitamente no Galaxy a145M 4g