Gcam for moto z play

Search This thread

jujulechti

Sep 3, 2016
I'ts working on Xperience13!
I've placed the libs files of the OP in /vendor/libs in TWRP
I copied /vendor/build.prop in internal memory, then added the HAL related line to copy it back in /vendor in TWRP after mounting the necessary partitions!
I had to set the new build.prop's permissions to 0440 in twrp once copied in /vendor. For those who wants to test Gcam on their Moto Z play, you can try the GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V7beta-test-9.apk available on https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/links/
Everything seems to work but it's a bit laggy and portrait mode gives a wired greenish tint to my selfies

Last edited:
Reactions: tomy1802

zhunynho

Aug 11, 2017
Cansanção
OnePlus 8T
I'ts working on Xperience13!
I've placed the libs files of the OP in /vendor/libs in TWRP
I copied /vendor/build.prop in internal memory, then added the HAL related line to copy it back in /vendor in TWRP after mounting the necessary partitions!
I had to set the new build.prop's permissions to 0440 in twrp once copied in /vendor. For those who wants to test Gcam on their Moto Z play, you can try the GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V7beta-test-9.apk available on https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/links/
Everything seems to work but it's a bit laggy and portrait mode gives a wired greenish tint to my selfies

If you use this version: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V1.apk and enable the front camera fix on settings the Portrait and the Night mode of front camera work like a charm, but the back camera is greenish on all modes. I think we need set the same BlackLevel used on front camera on back too to solve but I didn't find any gcam mod with the option :crying:

Apr 30, 2018
Please let me know

I am on, the stock room 8.0. if I root the mZp and enable camera2api and then paste those two libs, can I be assured that the Gcam works? If it crashes how can I go back to the stock camera?

tomy1802

Sep 17, 2016
Buenos Aires
I am on, the stock room 8.0. if I root the mZp and enable camera2api and then paste those two libs, can I be assured that the Gcam works? If it crashes how can I go back to the stock camera?

Yes, but only if you use this version. I can confirm you it works on stock because I tried it myself.

You can go back to stock cam replacing the new libs with the stock ones.

g.a.mo.z

May 9, 2017
Xperience 13 and gcam installed. Anyone experiencing some kind of flickering? Colors fade in and out, it's like camera tries to go black and white

Apr 30, 2018
Solution needed

First of all I apologise if my question sounds noob.

Can anyone please tell me which features of Google camera will I be able to use in this Moto Z Play? Is there the portrait mode and hdr+ working? If it's not then what does actually make sense to root this phone and mess up with it.? If both works, then please send me some sample shots to shantanughosh105@gmail.com. it's just my request.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

One another question- i am a bit worried whether the stock camera will start working if I replace those libs, because a lot of people complain that though they replaced the libs, the stock cam didn't work. And as I have to root the phone, the banking apps will stop working. Will unrooting the phone still keep those lines in build.prop or those lines will be deleted.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Just a bit outside topic, can anyone please help me by informing if there is any fully stable pie rom available? In AOSP s Volte doesn't work. Will official lineage os pie roll out for this Device? And, are there any pixel experience or oxygen os port available?

KrzysztofJ

Nov 7, 2012
Just a bit outside topic, can anyone please help me by informing if there is any fully stable pie rom available? In AOSP s Volte doesn't work. Will official lineage os pie roll out for this Device? And, are there any pixel experience or oxygen os port available?

What do you understand by stable? I'm using Android Open Source Project 9 by Alberto97 and for me it's rock stable.
IMHO no chance to get official stock pie for our device.

Apr 30, 2018
What do you understand by stable? I'm using Android Open Source Project 9 by Alberto97 and for me it's rock stable.
IMHO no chance to get official stock pie for our device.

I mean several matters like- 1) Does the Volte Work? In the AOSP thread I found it doesn't work.
2) Does the Gcam work? If works then are all features like HDR+, potrait etc work?
3) how does the stock camera perform? Is the slow motion feature enabled?
4) what's the call quality and sound output? The stock rom had a rich sound output both in speaker and headphone jack. How is in this one?
5) how is the battery life?

Sorry btw I asked so many questions

Top Liked Posts