Question Gcam for Nothing phone 1

Search This thread

Karun_Thomas

Jun 4, 2022
Saw a comparison video on youtube and Gcam is better than the stock as always! I use Gcam on my old phones too and it is the best.

Reactions: Dayuser

g4seb

Apr 1, 2016
Hi, i don't understand what gcam can i install ? Snap, mgc, eng, ruler, scan3d or qcamera...

sorry if it's a stupid question.

panni

Feb 6, 2007
It works only from closed phone. From shut screen (or lockscreen) double click, choose Gcam always. Not working if phone is unlocked.
I know how the camera shortcut works. It doesn't let me choose the camera, though, which was the question.

Go settings, apps, gcam, open by default, clear default preferences.
There's no "open by default" here, just default links/URLs to open, which doesn't help.

Do you even own this phone?

Finneri

Jun 2, 2016
I know how the camera shortcut works. It doesn't let me choose the camera, though, which was the question.

There's no "open by default" here, just default links/URLs to open, which doesn't help.

Do you even own this phone?
You can't disable open by default if you have not set it up that way. @tuvietnamm had this problem, not you, so I answered to her/him.

Screenshot is taken after I double click power button from closed screen. I think there is userbased problem in this situation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-154845.png
    Screenshot_20220813-154845.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
Reactions: tuvietnamm

panni

Feb 6, 2007
You can't disable open by default if you have not set it up that way. @tuvietnamm had this problem, not you, so I answered to her/him.

Screenshot is taken after I double click power button from closed screen. I think there is userbased problem in this situation.
"... if you have not set it up that way" - what does that mean? How do I set it up that way?

As for your screenshot: Which gcam package did you install? (I used _snap, maybe that's why I don't get to choose?)

Thanks

Edit: "... if you have not set it up that way" - ah, so once you've chosen a default app, should you've been able to, you can revert it. OK

Finneri

Jun 2, 2016
"... if you have not set it up that way" - what does that mean? How do I set it up that way?

As for your screenshot: Which gcam package did you install? (I used _snap, maybe that's why I don't get to choose?)

Thanks

Edit: "... if you have not set it up that way" - ah, so once you've chosen a default app, should you've been able to, you can revert it. OK
I have latest BSG, _snap package.

panni

Feb 6, 2007
Did you ever manage to get this to work?

I'd rather use the Gcam mod but would much prefer to still have the quick launch on the power button
Never got this to work. Nothing cam opens regardless of what I do. The last thing to try is maybe debloat the nothing cam, but I'm hesitant to do so.

Cuerex

Dec 30, 2011
since update 1.1.3, i tend to get better results with the stock cam than bsg gcam 8.5v9 unconfigured.
also gcam tends to crop in the picture too much leaving out image information and doesn't utilize OIS + EIS that much.

Top Liked Posts