• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

GCam for Oneplus 7T (15Jun2020)

Search This thread

slacker126

Jan 20, 2011
Any idea why the cam force closes upon switching to video? When I slide to video the image goes black for approx 5 seconds then app closes out. On stock OP 7t

amit_sen

Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi

Any idea why the cam force closes upon switching to video? When I slide to video the image goes black for approx 5 seconds then app closes out. On stock OP 7t
Is it happening with xml loaded or without it ?
Can you check. I'm also on OOS latest stable but with root and didnt face any issue.

Always make sure to clean cache & storage before loading xml or any gcam app.

Sent from OP7T

slacker126

Jan 20, 2011
Is it happening with xml loaded or without it ?
Can you check. I'm also on OOS latest stable but with root and didnt face any issue.

Always make sure to clean cache & storage before loading xml or any gcam app.

Sent from OP7T

I confirm the same. Clearing cache and storage, with it without XML causes the crash for me. TMobile version as well

amit_sen

Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi

doggie13_

May 25, 2014
Kraków
New version keeps force closing for me. Clean installation, wiped storage and cache, nothing helps. Rooted on latest beta.

Mr.Nice.ba

Jul 5, 2010
Sarajevo
Can anyone get EIS to work in GCAM?
Whichever resolution or fps I try, EIS seams to bee inactive.
If you select 1080p and switch to 4K there is absolutely no cropping. Only OIS is active while recording.
Compared to stock OP camera, 4K 30FPS is way more stabilized in stock app and you can see a crop difference between 30 and 60FPS.
It is such a shame, recording quality is great (especially 4K60 100mbps) with gcam, but it is not stable.
Viewfinder i GCam is stable, but video itself is not. In stock app is opposite.
I have tried so many versions of gcam, even with stock and custom roms, but EIS just do not work.

Those two buttons for video stabilisation in settings do nothing. Turned on or off it is the same.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
Thank you for the answer. I tried both, with or without "alternative Gallery" , but it doesn't work. Does it work in your case? Because re-installing etc. didn't help.

BR

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
I re-installed it again and again. It doesn't work. I see the picture for about half a second and then nothing anymore...

worm_guard

Jul 25, 2019
Latest version of Burial GCAM keeps crashing on me. (non-rooted Global version) have reverted to Urnyx for now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks,

Opening up a thread for all discussion, links pics sharing using gcam mod for our 7T.

Im starting with the best working mod until now for me.
    Im not rooted so dont know if wide angle can be used or not. Those who are rooted can tell me and I will update the thread.

All the credits goes to the creators/authors of the apk and xml.

GCAM 7.3 :: https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/GCam_7.3_Burial_release_beta_5.apk

XML :: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2020/06/AmitBurial7.3-beta5.xml
    XML is by yours truly ;) All 3 lenses are tuned.

You can change the parameters as per your taste.

Sent from OP7T
    Probably the same as on the page:
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/gcam-oneplus-7-t-pro/
    (under Suggested version)
    Or are there other recommended settings? :)

No I was using Urnyx 1.8 with slightly different setting than in the above link. But now I have also installed GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v1.9 with the recommended settings mentioned on below page (as shared by you).
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/gcam-oneplus-7-t-pro/

For ease of other users, I am posting those recommended settings here as well.
    ⚠️RECOMMENDED SETTINGS⚠️
    (Settings > Advanced)
    Pixel AWB in HDR+ Enhanced: Off for Day) / IMX586 for Night
    Lib Patcher: ON (Marian Settings)
    Tone Curve:
    Dark Point: 0.33
    White Point: 0.33
    Shadows: -6
    Highlights: 15

?(Back Camera)
    Sharpness: 1.25
    Luma: 1.0
    Chroma: 1.0
    Contrast: 0.625
    Saturation: 1.125

Wavelet Luma Denoise Levels:
    Level 1: 0.375
    Level 2: 0.625
    Level 3: 0.5
    Level 4: 1.0

Wavelet Chroma Denoise Levels:
    Level 1: 0.625
    Level 2: 0.375
    Level 3: 0.375
    Level 4: 0.375

? (Telephoto lens)
    Sharpness: 1.25
    Luma: 0.875
    Chroma: 0.875
    Contrast: 0.75
    Saturation: 0.625

Level 1: 0.5
    Level 2: 0.875
    Level 3: 0.75

Level 1: 1.0
    Level 2: 1.0
    Level 3: 1.0

?(Wide lens)
    Sharpness: 1.375
    Luma: 1.5
    Chroma: 1.25
    Contrast: 0.75
    Saturation: 0.875

Level 1: 0.75
    Level 4: 0.875

Level 1: 1.0

All the above settings are recommended means you can change them according to your desire.
    For Selfie or front cam pictures lovers
    GCam does not offer very pleasant selfies in my personal experience i.e. they are over-sharpened so I tried to decrease the sharpness levels in settings (you need to decrease sharpness level of back cam as this works for both front and back cam) but this leads to very unpleasant back camera pictures. So if you want to get good selfies (front cam pictures) just take them from GCam with above recommended settings and then open that image in Snapseed (Google's free app on play store) and select the preset of either "Portrait" or "Smooth", make changes if you require and save it. That's the option I have been using for my front cam pictures (selfies) to get them well looking.
    Once again I shall mention that settings and all the above options are personal choices, you can adjust them as you want. :)
    OP updated with new build & XML :)
    Q1. How to import XML files.
    A1. Copy xml file in below folder. You need to create the folders.

/GCam/Configs7/

The top folder, /GCam/, should be created on the same level as the DCIM, Downloads, etc, folders.

Q2. Bugs
    A2. Slow-mo is not working which is known issue in most gcam.
    Pic facing the sun might not get saved.

Q3. 48mp mode not available
    A3. Blame Oneplus [emoji1]

Q4. My tele & UW lens are not working
    A4. You need root for both lens to work.

Sent from OP7T
    In fact no GCam Mod is better than the stock camera app.
    So I see no point in using GCam Mod.

Interesting.
    I struggle with stock since the photos turns out really soft and way too warm/yellow, so for me the gcam provides a massive increase in overall quality.
    Still neither is perfect.
    Stock can do super stable video, ultra close ups, gives more plesent selfies and often a better portrait blur.
    Gcam gives much sharper pictures with more detail and a better white balance and light reading.
    I posted an example earlier in the thread.

So currently I'm using both, but cgam is my general go-to.