Gcam for OnePlus 7t pro

Search This thread

cbomb1337

Hi!
I searched for a long time an info I couldn't find.
So when using Gcam on OP7T pixel binning is not a choice : main rear camera's pictures are binned to 12mp, and front cam to 4mp...
Anyone having a rooted phone with Gcam could tell me if it's also the case with the ultra wide and the telelens?
Also I couldn't find any comparison between stock and gcam for those 2 lens neither.
If someone could give me some light on these questions, I would be very grateful ;)

I'm still not sure I want to root my phone, 'cause auxiliary lens for gcam is my only concern.

(Sorry for my approximative english btw).

Thx.
I have the 7t pro McLaren that is rooted. Yes with gcam even with root my pictures are 3.9 and like 15.9mp. But my pictures still do look better through gcam it's just u can't zoom in as much. It's like a trade off lol. I get good selfie pics in dark spaces with the gcam screen illumination option. I haven't really tested video recording or main camera comparison though with gcam and camera app.

Jul 9, 2020
looking for stable gcam for oneplus 7t pro

I have the 7t pro McLaren that is rooted. Yes with gcam even with root my pictures are 3.9 and like 15.9mp. But my pictures still do look better through gcam it's just u can't zoom in as much. It's like a trade off lol. I get good selfie pics in dark spaces with the gcam screen illumination option. I haven't really tested video recording or main camera comparison though with gcam and camera app.

Hi All,

I am new to Oneplus, have been using Samsung before and have recently bought 7t pro. I have downloaded the gcam 5.200604.2138build-7.3.021.apk with pixel4_v.5_urnyx2.2.xml config. I see that there is too much 'sharpness' applied to the photos. I do think that the tones are much better than the original camera, but the sharpness filter that is being used in this ^ version at least is a bit too high. Any better recommendations to use?

Thanks, Fahd

CyberRaul

Nov 18, 2020
In my case (Oneplus 7T Pro) this doesn't work well. Every picture i take, either if it's front or rear camera, my face is green and makes me look like I'm sick!
To be clear! I don't want to offend the developers! It's a feedback from my case using the Gcam.
Btw, i tried both apks published !

Sorry for my English, I'm from Romania!

Reactions: seadersn

FSadino

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 27, 2011
Blue River City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
In my case (Oneplus 7T Pro) this doesn't work well. Every picture i take, either if it's front or rear camera, my face is green and makes me look like I'm sick!
To be clear! I don't want to offend the developers! It's a feedback from my case using the Gcam.
Btw, i tried both apks published !

Sorry for my English, I'm from Romania!

It's normal since this thread is 1 year old!

Reactions: seadersn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a quite comprehensive comparison between the stock 7T Pro camera, the GCam port (7.2.010_Urnyx05-v.2.0 with the Marian_Mi9_v1.xml) and the stock Note 10+ (Exynos) camera. Both devices are on Android 10 with their latest software updates (as of 11th of January 2020).
    I found that the 7T Pro Stock is the weakest of the bunch, especially when it comes to reproducing red colors. The GCam port produces the most realistic colors and it changes blows with the Note 10+ when it comes to lighting. The GCam images are a little less bright but have a more pleasing contrast to them.

Make sure to open these links on desktop mode/PC to get uncompressed images.

Comparison: https://imgur.com/a/2eBegvh
    Uncropped images: https://imgur.com/a/0x1Qj6y
    hi all
    you all can share here tested Gcam APKs
    here is
    1- Gcam 6.1.021 apk and its xml
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J1ask0agd9WiIko9uZjnjFF0942Ds14v
    light saturation 1.2 shadow saturation. 1.9 and enable HDR+ enhancer
    2- Gcam 7.2.010 apk thanks to Urnyx05
    https://mega.nz/#!g2ASCA6b!oyejlA4cpMeCYr5toI24h_gFMJwXRlAQQB8us3u53lA
    waiting for yours
    and for comments about these versions
    Yes, thanks, I understand that. My question is which xml is best for the 7T Pro?

Here's is the XML I used. Works beautifully.
    Where do we place the XML?
    For GCam 6.x under /GCam/Configs
    For GCam 7.x under /GCam/Configs7

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Best GCam port available for me is GCam_4.0.191103.1129build-7.0.009_zipaligned.apk from @Arnova8G2 with DayPoop.xml. Big thanks to him!
    ******** WARNING ********
    DO NOT INSTALL THE AUX MODULE FOR MAGISK (aux_cam_magisk_test4.zip)
    This will put your phone into bootloop

You can get this GCam from here.
    No auxiliary cameras supported at the moment. Besides that: awesome! Update: auxiliary cameras work with systemizer magisk module. See posts below... Amazing! Love the ability to stabilize videos in the gallery part of GCam. It even keeps original date and gps tag on the stabilized copy. Picture quality is better than stock in my opinion. Hope that aux cameras will be supported soon. This and the ability to resample videos with lower resolution like with the stabilize function and I would have all I ever wanted from a perfect camera app.

If you accidentially installed the aux_cam_magisk_test4.zip and are in a bootloop you can follow the method here.
    For my eye 7t pro's Gcam wins here overall in most of the images