Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam for OnePlus 9 pro

Search This thread

-4ndr01d-

Mar 28, 2012
how do you change the filename scheme? seem like they are too long when moving photos to and from pc. (default 19 + 24 characters) I see the IMG_ part we can change, but can we change the suffix part? like shorten the _Arcide-LMC8.4-OP9P_v1.7...?

also what does PRO and LDR actually do?

Last edited:

ik80

May 14, 2020
Hey guys, this GCAM wont work / support all sensors on custom ROM (I`m running LineageOs) ?

Oneplus 9 pro. Stock rom, just rooted. Let me try downloading it again.

Edit, just checked. Yeah black screen then crashes with everything but the 1.0
You're either using the wrong Gcam or you didn't load the proper XML (Config) file for your dedicated model. Aux lenses work just fine since forever. The only thing broken is 4K60FPS recording on the MAIN lens (Ultrawide works).

Reactions: Onetenner

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
how do you change the filename scheme? seem like they are too long when moving photos to and from pc. (default 19 + 24 characters) I see the IMG_ part we can change, but can we change the suffix part? like shorten the _Arcide-LMC8.4-OP9P_v1.7...?

also what does PRO and LDR actually do?
You can completely remove the xml name in config settings menu. You can also change the file name logic (as shown in the 2nd attachment), from the LMC tweaks menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220408-161413.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408-161413.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot_20220408-161800.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408-161800.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 262

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
You're either using the wrong Gcam or you didn't load the proper XML (Config) file for your dedicated model. Aux lenses work just fine since forever. The only thing broken is 4K60FPS recording on the MAIN lens (Ultrawide works).
He fixed it later, as he mentioned. The issue was having some conflicts from another mod, or from the same mod with another package name already installed.

this.guy.lol

May 14, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Is there a GCAM mod available for this device that is basically the same exact type of camera smoothness vibrancy etc as seen on the Galaxy series? I came from a galaxy lineup of phones over the years and loved the cameras but on this phone the cameras are boring bleak and just don't care for them. Something I don't like about g camera Google phones are you have to edit the photos to replicate what you want versus just compared to the Samsung phones you take a picture and it comes out perfect every time.

Can someone please send me your upload the version I'm requesting if it exists? Along with any other type of XML files to add to it. Thanks. I use crydroid 7 and soon I'll be on crydroid 8 if that matters. Thanks.

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Is there a GCAM mod available for this device that is basically the same exact type of camera smoothness vibrancy etc as seen on the Galaxy series? I came from a galaxy lineup of phones over the years and loved the cameras but on this phone the cameras are boring bleak and just don't care for them. Something I don't like about g camera Google phones are you have to edit the photos to replicate what you want versus just compared to the Samsung phones you take a picture and it comes out perfect every time.

Can someone please send me your upload the version I'm requesting if it exists? Along with any other type of XML files to add to it. Thanks. I use crydroid 7 and soon I'll be on crydroid 8 if that matters. Thanks.
"Perfect" as in "oversharpened and oversaturated mess"? 😏

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Arcide OP9P v1.7 XML for LMC 8.4 R8 GCam

Instructions:
- Install THIS EXACT version of the APK (otherwise aux lenses probably won't work)
- Load the config by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button (location for the XML is Internal Storage\LMC8.4)

Changelog:
- Set shutter speed of main mode to auto, previously set to 1/5s by mistake
- Fixed the purple tint in RAW photos by changing HDR model to Pixel 4XL
- Noise reduction optimization

Note:
- 4K video doesn't work on OOS 12
- You can use manual shutter speed by long-pressing the gallery icon in the viewfinder
Arcide OP9P v1.9 XML for LMC 8.4 R9 GCam

Besides a lot of fixes and back-end optimization, most notable change in this new mod version is the setting that prevents switching lenses before the processing is finished, which used to cause issues with broken photos.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the APK from the bottom of this post and install it (always use snapcam version)
- Load configs by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button (location is Internal Storage\LMC8.4)

Changelog:
- A lot of noise reduction tuning for optimal balance in all lighting conditions and for all lenses

Notes:
- 60fps works only on ultrawide lens
- Shasta seems to not work properly, or is inconsistent at best (in short - it's used for shadow noise reduction). I'll try to fix it, I may do a new config from scratch in the future. For now I advise using HDR Enh (HDR On is selected as default)

Attachments

• Arcide-LMC8.4-OP9P-v1.9.xml
    118.1 KB · Views: 149
  • LMC8.4_R9_snapcam.apk
    129.5 MB · Views: 232

this.guy.lol

May 14, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro

Besides a lot of fixes and back-end optimization, most notable change in this new mod version is the setting that prevents switching lenses before the processing is finished, which used to cause issues with broken photos.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the APK from the bottom of this post and install it (always use snapcam version)
- Load configs by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button (location is Internal Storage\LMC8.4)

Changelog:
- A lot of noise reduction tuning for optimal balance in all lighting conditions and for all lenses

Notes:
- Shasta seems to not work properly, or is inconsistent at best (in short - it's used for shadow noise reduction). I'll try to fix it, I may do a new config from scratch in the future. For now I advise using HDR Enh (HDR On is selected as default)
Cant install the APK your provided for some reason. On op9p

Paragonic

May 26, 2018

INSTRUCTIONS:

Changelog:

Notes:
Love your config! Is there any reason you keep snapdragon dsp off? And is the messy auto white balance a config setting or a gcam-app problem?

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Love your config! Is there any reason you keep snapdragon dsp off? And is the messy auto white balance a config setting or a gcam-app problem?
No particular reason, besides that the CPU should be slightly faster for processing, theoretically.

What's the problem with wb exactly? You can use AWB to see if it's better. But it can't be 100% consistent especially in complex lighting. Not even the stock with Hasselblad "tuning" is.

Paragonic

May 26, 2018
No particular reason, besides that the CPU should be slightly faster for processing, theoretically.

What's the problem with wb exactly? You can use AWB to see if it's better. But it can't be 100% consistent especially in complex lighting. Not even the stock with Hasselblad "tuning" is.
Are you certain on the processing speed? I understood that the Hexagon DSP should be faster since it's an dedicated HW ISP? Hmm, atleast on my device the WB looks way off on nearly all photos, a blue-greenish tint when using the Google AWB. The PRO-color settings with Google AWB off gives the absolute best results (as well as HDR Enhanced). But I'm also in love with the Leica mode (should enable it in the viewfinder per default so more people get to experience it)

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Are you certain on the processing speed? I understood that the Hexagon DSP should be faster since it's an dedicated HW ISP? Hmm, atleast on my device the WB looks way off on nearly all photos, a blue-greenish tint when using the Google AWB. The PRO-color settings with Google AWB off gives the absolute best results (as well as HDR Enhanced). But I'm also in love with the Leica mode (should enable it in the viewfinder per default so more people get to experience it)
I'm not certain, but it didn't make it slower. I don't know, enable and try for yourself.

As for color, by default for me it looked quite red. So I don't know, maybe that's my fault that for you it's green now... But what do you mean pro-color settings? If you mean the PRO mode via switch, then the difference would be higher saturation. It's the mode I intented for close-ups, in certain scenarios.

Sigray

Aug 15, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not certain, but it didn't make it slower. I don't know, enable and try for yourself.

As for color, by default for me it looked quite red. So I don't know, maybe that's my fault that for you it's green now... But what do you mean pro-color settings? If you mean the PRO mode via switch, then the difference would be higher saturation. It's the mode I intented for close-ups, in certain scenarios.
Do you have Telegram channel? (Keep up the good work)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A working Gcam for our phone, because we deserve it:
    (always use this version: org.codeaurora.snapcam)

Compared to the stock camera, the shutter is faster and the colours are somewhat more vibrant. Haven't had a chance to compare night modes yet.

If you have an XML setup to recommend, please do share.
    Arcide OP9P v7.1 (FINAL) XML for LMC 8.4 R15 GCam

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Download and install the APK from the link above (GoogleCameraEng recommended)
    - Download the XML from this post and place it in Internal Storage\LMC8.4 (load it by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button)

CHANGELOG:
    - Increased sharpness on main lens
    - Some small changes

MODES:
    LEICA - Vignette effect
    LDR - Low dynamic range
    RES - Digital upscale

NOTE:
    No 4K on OOS12/13

This will be the final update, as I don't have the phone anymore, switched to Xiaomi 11 Ultra.

No big changes, a small sharpness boost. If you liked the previous version just stick with it. I wanted to release the latest version I have
    Arcide OP9P v2 XML for LMC 8.4 R9 GCam

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Download the APK from this post, if you don't have it already (always use the snapcam version):

CHANGELOG:
    - Fixed shasta bracketing
    - Increased max ISO from 4000 to 5600
    - Increased large radius sharpness, decreased small radius sharpness
    - Reduced luma denoise for more natural fine grain instead of worm noise and smudged textures
    - Reduced chroma denoise for better colors
    - Disabled AutoWB correction on main lens, increased saturation
    - Increased dehaze and dehaze black (contrast) for better depth in photos
    - Changed tone curve and HDR settings, increased exposition ratio

NOTES:
    Arcide OP9P v2 XML for LMC 8.4 R9 GCam

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Download the APK from the quoted post, if you don't have it already (always use the snapcam version):

CHANGELOG:
    - Fixed shasta bracketing
    - Increased max ISO from 4000 to 5600
    - Increased large radius sharpness, decreased small radius sharpness
    - Reduced luma denoise for more natural fine grain instead of worm noise and smudged textures
    - Reduced chroma denoise for better colors
    - Disabled AutoWB correction on main lens, increased saturation
    - Increased dehaze and dehaze black (contrast) for better depth in photos
    - Changed tone curve and HDR settings, increased exposition ratio

NOTES:
    Arcide OP9P v3 XML for LMC 8.4 R9 GCam

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Download the APK from the quoted post, if you don't have it already (always use the snapcam version)
    - Place the XML in Internal Storage\LMC8.4, load it by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button

CHANGELOG:
    - Reworked the entire config
    - Used merge 3 method instead of merge 1 for main and ultrawide lens (better for human subjects, much cleaner shadows especially in dynamic lighting, less moire artifacts - but more motion artifacts and a bit less micro-fine details)
    - Added Pro-mode switch in the top right for activating manual focus, ISO and shutter speed

NOTES:
    Arcide OP9P v5.2 XML for LMC 8.4 R13 (Fix2) GCam (Thanks HASLI!)

Google Lens available directly from the camera app by long pressing on the viewfinder (only with GoogleCameraEng package name, need to have Lens app installed)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Download and install the APK
    - Download the XML and place it in Internal Storage\LMC8.4 (load it by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button)

CHANGELOG:
    - Many small changes for denoise optimization
    - Reduced saturation on tele and increased temperature; tweaked CCT on all lenses
    - Other optimization...

MODES:
    LEICA - Vignette effect
    LDR - Low dynamic range
    PRO - Secondary configuration (Merge 3)

Non-PRO mode - Merge 1:
    - Better fine details
    - Recommended for landscapes
    - Less sabre motion artifacts

PRO mode - Merge 3:
    - Better shadow denoise in dynamic lighting
    - Better Moire effect removal (more chroma denoise)
    - Recommended for human portraits and close-ups

NOTES:
    - No 4K video on OOS 12
    - 60fps works ONLY on the ultrawide lens (although some people report it works on main lens on the latest firmware?)