Thank you so much for this. As I've just upgraded to LineageOS 19.1 (on top of OOS12), I have not found a good alternative to GCam mods. Coming from a different GCam mod that I picked many months ago, this GCam mod & XML combination blows it out of the water.Arcide OP9P v4.2 XML for LMC 8.4 R11 GCam (Thanks Hasli)
- Download the R11 APK from this post:
- Download the XML and place it in Internal Storage\LMC8.4 (load it by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button)Arcide OP9P v4.2 XML for LMC 8.4 R11 GCam (Thanks Hasli) INSTRUCTIONS: - Download the R11 APK from the bottom of this post - Download the XML and place it in Internal Storage\LMC8.4 (load it by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button) CHANGES: - Increased denoise on telephoto...t.me
- Increased denoise on telephoto and front
- Enabled noise models and changed HDR model on telephoto and front
- Removed HDR model in front lens advanced lib patcher settings (causing issues)
- Increase dehaze, changed tone and gamma curve on telephoto
- Decreased denoise for PRO mode in low light conditions
- Disabled focus tracking; focus reset time set to 12s
- Many other changes
TOGGLES (left to right):
- Focus tracking
- HDR frames
- Exposure compensation
- ISO and exposure time sliders
- Focus slider
LDR - Low dynamic range
PRO - Higher sharpness and denoise, higher dynamic range (not recommended as default mode)
- No 4K video on OOS 12 (and OOS 12 based ROMs)
- 60fps works ONLY on the ultrawide lens
I've only been testing this for a few hours today, but so far my experience matches what another user posted previously: switching between lenses is quite confusing and time consuming, with all the app restarting and Camera/Video mode switching.
The restart delay is not ideal but I can probably get used to it. What seems to get me every time when using the Video mode is that the restart following a lense change puts me back into the default Camera mode. The 2 modes look so similar and the mode change feels to me unnatural and unexpected. I've missed a few interesting scenes today thinking I was recording, when in fact I only took a single photo as I tapped on what I thought was the "record" button.
Opening the camera with the phone locked and changing the lense also results in no camera. Having kids I use the power button double press shortcut quite a lot in order to record them as they play, so I don't always have time to unlock my phone before starting the camera app. I'd love to know what's the reason for the forced restart, if it's possible to disable it and what compromise I'd be making in doing so. I noticed the option is available to skip the restart for the front camera, so at least there's a precedent in this GCam mod.
I realize the wishlist below is probably not feasible, with all the potential tech limitations and free dev time required to implement, but I feel it's worth listing anyway in case there are simple answers that I'm not aware of.
1. Option to disable the restart behavior described above
2. Ability to switch lenses while recording, without interrupting the active recording
As a finishthing thought, I can't express how happy I am to have found this GCam mod and your XML. Thank you both to you and the mod author!