Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam for OnePlus 9 pro

Search This thread

bkraptor

Jul 15, 2007
Arcide OP9P v4.2 XML for LMC 8.4 R11 GCam (Thanks Hasli)

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the R11 APK from this post:
- Download the XML and place it in Internal Storage\LMC8.4 (load it by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button)

CHANGES:
- Increased denoise on telephoto and front
- Enabled noise models and changed HDR model on telephoto and front
- Removed HDR model in front lens advanced lib patcher settings (causing issues)
- Increase dehaze, changed tone and gamma curve on telephoto
- Decreased denoise for PRO mode in low light conditions
- Disabled focus tracking; focus reset time set to 12s
- Many other changes

TOGGLES (left to right):
- Focus tracking
- HDR frames
- AWB
- Exposure compensation
- ISO and exposure time sliders
- Focus slider

MODES:
LDR - Low dynamic range
PRO - Higher sharpness and denoise, higher dynamic range (not recommended as default mode)

NOTES:
- No 4K video on OOS 12 (and OOS 12 based ROMs)
- 60fps works ONLY on the ultrawide lens
Thank you so much for this. As I've just upgraded to LineageOS 19.1 (on top of OOS12), I have not found a good alternative to GCam mods. Coming from a different GCam mod that I picked many months ago, this GCam mod & XML combination blows it out of the water.

I've only been testing this for a few hours today, but so far my experience matches what another user posted previously: switching between lenses is quite confusing and time consuming, with all the app restarting and Camera/Video mode switching.

The restart delay is not ideal but I can probably get used to it. What seems to get me every time when using the Video mode is that the restart following a lense change puts me back into the default Camera mode. The 2 modes look so similar and the mode change feels to me unnatural and unexpected. I've missed a few interesting scenes today thinking I was recording, when in fact I only took a single photo as I tapped on what I thought was the "record" button.

Opening the camera with the phone locked and changing the lense also results in no camera. Having kids I use the power button double press shortcut quite a lot in order to record them as they play, so I don't always have time to unlock my phone before starting the camera app. I'd love to know what's the reason for the forced restart, if it's possible to disable it and what compromise I'd be making in doing so. I noticed the option is available to skip the restart for the front camera, so at least there's a precedent in this GCam mod.

I realize the wishlist below is probably not feasible, with all the potential tech limitations and free dev time required to implement, but I feel it's worth listing anyway in case there are simple answers that I'm not aware of.
1. Option to disable the restart behavior described above
2. Ability to switch lenses while recording, without interrupting the active recording

As a finishthing thought, I can't express how happy I am to have found this GCam mod and your XML. Thank you both to you and the mod author!

Reactions: Arcide

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Opening the camera with the phone locked and changing the lense also results in no camera.
This is either the phone's or the rom's fault. On stock OOS there is no option to launch gcam instead of stock camera when the phone is locked. On other phones this issue doesn't exist. Maybe you can try giving the app certain special permissions or something like that.
switching between lenses is quite confusing and time consuming
Restart when switching the lens is necessary because each lens has it's own separate settings which are applied after the restart. It would be possible to disable the restart of course, but then you're using only one combination of settings which is far from ideal.
When it comes to switching the lens WHILE recording video it will (probably) never be possible on this phone because it doesn't have a working logical lens ID. Arnova has done some test versions and I've seen this work, but it may only be a Pixel thing.

I noticed the option is available to skip the restart for the front camera
Yes that's an option, however as mentioned above - it won't use the settings from the front lens lib patcher, but from the back lens that was active at the time instead.

What seems to get me every time when using the Video mode is that the restart following a lense change puts me back into the default Camera mode.
While this doesn't bother me, and I think I actually prefer to always have it on photo mode (since the video mode on gcam is not that good anyway, and you're best to use a separate app for video recording), I'll pass this idea to the dev and see if he's willing to make this work.

Reactions: NotCat_

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
couldn't you mod the open camera, like the Google camera, since it is also open and everything works? you can also take pictures with the black and white lens.
You can use the b&w lens on gcam, but there's no point as it's a crappy 2MP lens. As far as the video goes, even if it was somehow possible to port, it's kind of meaningless since it doesn't work properly even in open camera

redondo_se

Nov 10, 2008
Thanks for all you work on this Arcide. I've tried multiple versions of LMC with your associated XML. I can't get night sight to work on any of them. The pictures come out the same as if not using night sight. The stock camera night mode and BSG Gcam night sight work. Is there something I need to do to make it work?

I'm on OOS 12 C.62

Thanks

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks for all you work on this Arcide. I've tried multiple versions of LMC with your associated XML. I can't get night sight to work on any of them. The pictures come out the same as if not using night sight. The stock camera night mode and BSG Gcam night sight work. Is there something I need to do to make it work?

I'm on OOS 12 C.62

Thanks
Hey, the night sight works but the phone detects motion and may limit the exposure time which is probably what you're seeing. That's the new thing with 8.4 gcams. With perfectly steady hands you can get up to 1s exposure time. However you can always choose the fixed shutter speed by long pressing the gallery icon.

redondo_se

Nov 10, 2008
Hey, the night sight works but the phone detects motion and may limit the exposure time which is probably what you're seeing. That's the new thing with 8.4 gcams. With perfectly steady hands you can get up to 1s exposure time. However you can always choose the fixed shutter speed by long pressing the gallery icon.

Ah, thanks. My hands are probably too shaky. The long press and setting the exposure time does work. Not the most convenient though because that setting sticks. Too bad you can't just set it as a default for night sight.

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ah, thanks. My hands are probably too shaky. The long press and setting the exposure time does work. Not the most convenient though because that setting sticks. Too bad you can't just set it as a default for night sight.
There is another workaround which I used at some point. You can select the astro mode as default and choose the shutter speed which is specific to astro mode. That's perfect if you don't use the very long exposures

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Arcide OP9P v5.2 XML for LMC 8.4 R13 (Fix2) GCam (Thanks HASLI!)

Google Lens available directly from the camera app by long pressing on the viewfinder (only with GoogleCameraEng package name, need to have Lens app installed)

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download and install the APK
- Download the XML and place it in Internal Storage\LMC8.4 (load it by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button)

CHANGELOG:
- Many small changes for denoise optimization
- Reduced saturation on tele and increased temperature; tweaked CCT on all lenses
- Other optimization...

MODES:
LEICA - Vignette effect
LDR - Low dynamic range
PRO - Secondary configuration (Merge 3)

Non-PRO mode - Merge 1:
- Better fine details
- Recommended for landscapes
- Less sabre motion artifacts

PRO mode - Merge 3:
- Better shadow denoise in dynamic lighting
- Better Moire effect removal (more chroma denoise)
- Recommended for human portraits and close-ups

NOTES:
- No 4K video on OOS 12
- 60fps works ONLY on the ultrawide lens (although some people report it works on main lens on the latest firmware?)

Attachments

• Arcide-LMC8.4-OP9P-v5.2.xml
    151.4 KB · Views: 464
  • LMC R13 Fix2 Google Lens.apk
    131.9 MB · Views: 1,106
Last edited:

tk_xda

Aug 5, 2010
What variant (and where to get it) of GCAM should I use with OOS12 C63 (rooted)? What configuration steps do I need to do after I sideload whatever APK I am supposed to use?

elchmartin

Oct 17, 2014
Duesseldorf
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7

Google Lens available directly from the camera app by long pressing on the viewfinder (only with GoogleCameraEng package name, need to have Lens app installed)

INSTRUCTIONS:

CHANGELOG:
- Reduced saturation on tele and increased temperature; tweaked CCT on all lenses
- Other optimization...

MODES:
LEICA - Vignette effect
LDR - Low dynamic range

Non-PRO mode - Merge 1:
- Better fine details

PRO mode - Merge 3:

NOTES:
- No 4K video on OOS 12
- 60fps works ONLY on the ultrawide lens (although some people report it works on main lens on the latest firmware?)
thank you for this.
i tried to load the config but the app says "Configs not found", although I did put the file in 'Internal Storage\LMC8.4' ... what did I miss? :-\

nevermind, I just seem to have put the file in the wrong folder somehow. copied the file in an adb shell now it was found.
thanks again!

Skyrider

Apr 10, 2011

INSTRUCTIONS:

CHANGELOG:
- Other optimization...

MODES:
LEICA - Vignette effect
LDR - Low dynamic range

Non-PRO mode - Merge 1:
- Better fine details

PRO mode - Merge 3:

NOTES:
- No 4K video on OOS 12
Aw, shame that 4K doesn't work on OOS 12 :(.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

INSTRUCTIONS:

CHANGELOG:
    - Other optimization...

MODES:
    LEICA - Vignette effect
    LDR - Low dynamic range

Non-PRO mode - Merge 1:
    - Better fine details

PRO mode - Merge 3:

NOTES:
    - No 4K video on OOS 12
    A working Gcam for our phone, because we deserve it:
    (always use this version: org.codeaurora.snapcam)

Compared to the stock camera, the shutter is faster and the colours are somewhat more vibrant. Haven't had a chance to compare night modes yet.

If you have an XML setup to recommend, please do share.
    Arcide OP9P v2 XML for LMC 8.4 R9 GCam

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Download the APK from the quoted post, if you don't have it already (always use the snapcam version):
    - Load configs by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button (location is Internal Storage\LMC8.4)

CHANGELOG:
    - Fixed shasta bracketing
    - Increased max ISO from 4000 to 5600
    - Increased large radius sharpness, decreased small radius sharpness
    - Reduced luma denoise for more natural fine grain instead of worm noise and smudged textures
    - Reduced chroma denoise for better colors
    - Disabled AutoWB correction on main lens, increased saturation
    - Increased dehaze and dehaze black (contrast) for better depth in photos
    - Changed tone curve and HDR settings, increased exposition ratio

NOTES:
    - 4K video doesn't work on OOS 12
    - 60fps works only on ultrawide lens
    Arcide OP9P v3 XML for LMC 8.4 R9 GCam

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Download the APK from the quoted post, if you don't have it already (always use the snapcam version)
    - Place the XML in Internal Storage\LMC8.4, load it by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button

CHANGELOG:
    - Reworked the entire config
    - Used merge 3 method instead of merge 1 for main and ultrawide lens (better for human subjects, much cleaner shadows especially in dynamic lighting, less moire artifacts - but more motion artifacts and a bit less micro-fine details)
    - Added Pro-mode switch in the top right for activating manual focus, ISO and shutter speed

NOTES:
    Arcide OP9P v2 XML for LMC 8.4 R9 GCam

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Download the APK from this post, if you don't have it already (always use the snapcam version):
    - Load configs by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button (location is Internal Storage\LMC8.4)

CHANGELOG:
    - Fixed shasta bracketing
    - Increased max ISO from 4000 to 5600
    - Increased large radius sharpness, decreased small radius sharpness
    - Reduced luma denoise for more natural fine grain instead of worm noise and smudged textures
    - Reduced chroma denoise for better colors
    - Disabled AutoWB correction on main lens, increased saturation
    - Increased dehaze and dehaze black (contrast) for better depth in photos
    - Changed tone curve and HDR settings, increased exposition ratio

NOTES:

INSTRUCTIONS:

CHANGELOG:
    - Other optimization...

MODES:
    LEICA - Vignette effect
    LDR - Low dynamic range

Non-PRO mode - Merge 1:
    - Better fine details

PRO mode - Merge 3:

NOTES:
    - No 4K video on OOS 12
    Arcide OP9P v4.2 XML for LMC 8.4 R11 GCam (Thanks Hasli)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Download the R11 APK from this post:

CHANGES:
    - Increased denoise on telephoto and front
    - Enabled noise models and changed HDR model on telephoto and front
    - Removed HDR model in front lens advanced lib patcher settings (causing issues)
    - Increase dehaze, changed tone and gamma curve on telephoto
    - Decreased denoise for PRO mode in low light conditions
    - Disabled focus tracking; focus reset time set to 12s
    - Many other changes

TOGGLES (left to right):
    - Focus tracking
    - HDR frames
    - AWB
    - Exposure compensation
    - ISO and exposure time sliders
    - Focus slider

MODES:
    LDR - Low dynamic range
    PRO - Higher sharpness and denoise, higher dynamic range (not recommended as default mode)

NOTES:
    - No 4K video on OOS 12 (and OOS 12 based ROMs)
    - 60fps works ONLY on the ultrawide lens