• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Gcam for OnePlus 9 pro

Search This thread

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I installed this one: GCam_6.1Beta.210709.0049build-8.1.101.apk

With the op9pro-fix.xml.

Looking at the camera, it's giving me an option for no-flash or flash, but it's missing an auto-flash option. Is that normal?

I installed this one: GCam_6.1Beta.210709.0049build-8.1.101.apk

With the op9pro-fix.xml.

Looking at the camera, it's giving me an option for no-flash or flash, but it's missing an auto-flash option. Is that normal?

No, most cameras have that feature. The stock camera app is no exception.
Not sure what that fix.xml was supposed to do? Seems to have broken things instead.

Reactions: CZ Eddie

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
No, most cameras have that feature. The stock camera app is no exception.
Not sure what that fix.xml was supposed to do? Seems to have broken things instead.
Without fix you cannot use all cameras, only main back camera is available. Also, you still can change settings as you wish and even export them to xml

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Try ut the latest version of Gcam and you should have google photos to open via double-tap. I'll drop the link below,

I tried this one and the associated xml but the rear-facing video camera crashes for me. But it does have auto-flash option. What about you?

Use this one and the config for it works great

I tried this one and the associated xml but there is no auto-flash option. But video does work. What about you?

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Okay, well I installed this 8.4 beta one and it seems to work.
I haven't checked FPS because I'm not that interested/don't know how.
But video works and auto-flash works.

I didn't load any XML. Didn't see one to load.

I'm not a photographer.
I just like the Gcam GUI and want to stick with it because it's what I'm used to.

aashmir

Dec 20, 2009
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello, I'll try to keep this short...

Stock OnePlus Camera is pretty decent for me on my OnePlus 9 Pro, but I didn't like that it makes me use the OnePlus Gallery app and I cannot switch to Google Photos as the default gallery. In an attempt to override it being the default gallery, I used ADB to disable/hide the OnePlus Gallery app for my user, hoping that then when I click the most recently taken photo in their camera app, it would then prompt or default me to Google Photos, but that was a no go. It just says the Gallery is disabled.

I ended up going down the rabbit hole of finding a version of Gcam for this device (and THANKS to all of the devs that do this work on a daily)! I was able to find a good combo to set myself up with many nicer photo taking abilities. I love all the tweaking that I can do and saving off the settings to XML! I found some ways to crash it, but just revert it and try again. :)

I am currently using the following...
Gcam: MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1w_MGC.apk
XML settings I started from: OnePlus9series.xml

Question 1: I see that the main back camera is able to zoom from 1x to 8x, zoom which is fine for most things. I'd like to know if it is possible for Gcam to use the other lenses to be able to get to that 30x zoom? If so, how can I enable them?

Question 2: The OnePlus Camera has a setting to launch by double pressing one of the volume buttons from when the phone is in an off state. I since disabled that because I likely won't use that camera as much anymore. I also see that if the power button is pressed 3 times, it will open the Emergency SOS screen. (It may even call Emergency Services on you, so BE CAREFUL!) Is there still a place in Android 12 (Oxygen OS 12) for a double press of the power button to open the Gcam? I also noticed that the Emergency SOS feature is greyed out and cannot be turned off.

Top Liked Posts