GCam for Poco X3

Jun 8, 2013
Okay, seeing u guys struggling to find a all working gcam makes me sad so i wanna share with u what i found.

First, the xml is not by me, its from an indian youtuber wich i cant find atm.

What works? All - also the video front cam.

Mpx dont matter so i dont care about.

What are the Higlights? Nightsight for Front cam and Wideangle Lens - both gave me impressive results and outperform my wifes Mi10 by alot.

Cheers undn guten Rutsch :)

Attachments

May 4, 2015
Limassol
Okay, seeing u guys struggling to find a all working gcam makes me sad so i wanna share with u what i found.

What are the Higlights? Nightsight for Front cam and Wideangle Lens - both gave me impressive results and outperform my wifes Mi10 by alot.

Saw the video as well, downloaded it. It works great but triggers my OCD for wrong wide and macro lens info. 😂

Pinage

Sep 14, 2009

How do I load the xml?

NiedsonBarros

Dec 30, 2020
[QUOTE = "danny_bhoy67, postagem: 83930819, membro: 5714481"]
Problemas com a câmera arnova mais recente:

Não é possível alternar a câmera frontal (selfie) no modo de vídeo

Não é possível mudar para o modo de vídeo em câmera lenta

Ambos fazem o aplicativo travar instantaneamente.
[/CITAR]

uma Is the slow motion of your stock camera working?

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn

Thanks for sharing. As for still images I prefer Ngcam as it produces higher resolution pictures in 18/9 ratio and has more options to play with. So I was more interested in it's video recording performance.

Although I couldn't get 4K vidos (despite toggling ultra-high resolution video) EIS works in 1080P. I compared it with latest Arnova's build and I see much better stabilisation (to be honest in my opinion stabilisation doesn't work at all in newest Arnova gcam despite cropping videos in both Video EIS and Video EIS modes). So big + for Urnyx regarding video stablilisation in 1080P. FYI I run custom ROM (and my phone may not have all camera optimisations stock ROM has and this may be the reason stabilisation does not work for me on Arnova's gcam 8).

PS. I think something is messed up and 4K video works on wide angle camera solely.

Reactions: Lucid Interval

InContext

Aug 2, 2017

Every time I press something different on the app, it 'reflashes' the whole app, like it closes it and opens it completely again. I can see the wallpaper as it's doing it.

Say if I scroll over to nightsight, it's on 1x, I press 2x and it does the flash thing, and takes me back to 'camera' but it's on 2x, then I have to scroll to nightsight again.

If I press 0.6x it crashes completely.

Why does 'try night sight' keep coming up, annoying af. I've turned off all the hint type options.

Last edited:

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn
Every time I press something different on the app, it 'reflashes' the whole app, like it closes it and opens it completely again. I can see the wallpaper as it's doing it.

Say if I scroll over to nightsight, it's on 1x, I press 2x and it does the flash thing, and takes me back to 'camera' but it's on 2x, then I have to scroll to nightsight again.

If I press 0.6x it crashes completely.

Why does 'try night sight' keep coming up, annoying af. I've turned off all the hint type options.
Uninstall and try other better gcam that won't behave that way.

• Haha
Reactions: InContext

surferbyter

Jul 11, 2007

Attachments

Last edited:

krizia0128

Apr 28, 2020

temporarium

May 16, 2012

Firnefex

Jul 16, 2017
For me on Xiaomi.eu 12.0.7.0:
- Arnova8.1 is stable, has the cleanest UI, but there is no ultra-wide, and pictures are too white
- Guernica7.5 crashes on Selfie, but has the most options and more natural colors
- Nikita doesn't work and crashes all the time...
- trCamera_Xmas also crashed 2 times, so I didn't try further.
I've tried several xml's for these mods, even with other apk's, there never was a big wow effect.

Despite Guernica with sharpness 2.0 has a little advantage over stock, I didn't feel that much of a difference.
Also Gcam works better in complete darkness, but who cares?
Overall none of these GCams could really compete with the stock camera (at least in every possible situation inside my house), which produces the most realistic colors and no overexposed lights from the christmas tree.

Reactions: bacitoto

vanpoko

Dec 2, 2020
For me on Xiaomi.eu 12.0.7.0:
- Arnova8.1 is stable, has the cleanest UI, but there is no ultra-wide, and pictures are too white
- Guernica7.5 crashes on Selfie, but has the most options and more natural colors
- Nikita doesn't work and crashes all the time...
- trCamera_Xmas also crashed 2 times, so I didn't try further.
I've tried several xml's for these mods, even with other apk's, there never was a big wow effect.

Despite Guernica with sharpness 2.0 has a little advantage over stock, I didn't feel that much of a difference.
Also Gcam works better in complete darkness, but who cares?
Overall none of these GCams could really compete with the stock camera (at least in every possible situation inside my house), which produces the most realistic colors and no overexposed lights from the christmas tree.
That's strange, I have 7 Gcams installed and they all work perfectly with Xiaomi.eu 12.0.7.0 too. I´m gonna attach my configs for you to try. My installed mods are Nikita, Arnova 7 & 8, Urnyx, BSG, Tigr and Burial.

Attachments

Reactions: nuox

rezanp

Mar 7, 2015
That's strange, I have 7 Gcams installed and they all work perfectly with Xiaomi.eu 12.0.7.0 too. I´m gonna attach my configs for you to try. My installed mods are Nikita, Arnova 7 & 8, Urnyx, BSG, Tigr and Burial.
which one you consider the best or your main use?

Firnefex

Jul 16, 2017
Nikita's final Ngcam 2.0, no doubt!
Don't know why (maybe a biterror), but now Nikita works for me too! :)
The sharpness is really way better than stock camera and all the other gcams.
For what is this slider on the left (Auto/Inf/2M/Selfie/Macro)?
I guess for optimizations, but is Macro and 2M not the same? Which one is for ultrawide? INF=Infinity for better Astro?
About the Astro, there are max 8s, 16s and 32s, but it always shows randomly 1-6 minutes and creates the foto in about 5 seconds regardless of the timer chosen. Is this normal behavior and can I still shoot a nightsky full of stars with this little time (on my mothers RMN9s it tooks at least 20-30 seconds to get better results)?

surferbyter

Jul 11, 2007
Xml update for trcam ...
Fixed libpatcher settings for wide angle camera

Attachments

Reactions: nuox and llampech

vanpoko

Dec 2, 2020
Don't know why (maybe a biterror), but now Nikita works for me too! :)
The sharpness is really way better than stock camera and all the other gcams.
For what is this slider on the left (Auto/Inf/2M/Selfie/Macro)?
I guess for optimizations, but is Macro and 2M not the same? Which one is for ultrawide? INF=Infinity for better Astro?
About the Astro, there are max 8s, 16s and 32s, but it always shows randomly 1-6 minutes and creates the foto in about 5 seconds regardless of the timer chosen. Is this normal behavior and can I still shoot a nightsky full of stars with this little time (on my mothers RMN9s it tooks at least 20-30 seconds to get better results)?
Try in Advanced Options to raise the values for Shasta Factor and ISO to maximun, maybe that works for better night mode as it will give you more time to capture.

Last edited:

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn
Try in Advanced Options to raise the values for Shasta Factor and ISO to maximun, maybe that works for better night mode as it will give you more time to capture.
ISO to maximum? You need to lower ISO (I set it to max 500) in order to get longer exposure and better quality pictures. Limitation is that the object has to be still and better to use tripod.