GCam for Poco X3

vanpoko

Dec 2, 2020
ISO to maximum? You need to lower ISO (I set it to max 500) in order to get longer exposure and better quality pictures. Limitation is that the object has to be still and better to use tripod.
ISO to maximum? You need to lower ISO (I set it to max 500) in order to get longer exposure and better quality pictures. Limitation is that the object has to be still and better to use tripod.
You're right, in HDR+ ISO to select 500 is OK and increase Shasta Factor. What I meant in the post before was to select HDR+ ISO with Time Max 2X and a good amount of Shasta Factor to use astrophotography without tripod, just a few minutes.

Last edited:

Firnefex

Jul 16, 2017

You're right, in HDR+ ISO to select 500 is OK and increase Shasta Factor. What I meant in the post before was to select HDR+ ISO with Time Max 2X and a good amount of Shasta Factor to use astrophotography without tripod, just a few minutes.
I set it to Auto, now it works the way I want. Else Astro works, but the daylight shot time is way too long.

What's the best XML in your opinion? Actually I'm happy with Ngcam 1.8 POCOX3 v3.xml. But, when I take a photo of a screen, for instance a television with adr+ enabled the photo is very blueish.
In 2.0 I don't have blueish photos, and with AWB Google on there is also less white.

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018

I set it to Auto, now it works the way I want. Else Astro works, but the daylight shot time is way too long.

In 2.0 I don't have blueish photos, and with AWB Google on there is also less white.
Just tried v2. True, photo is fine. I can't see adr settings in this XML. How to switch from adr to enhanced?

Atenoip

Nov 24, 2020
So what is the definitive version of Gcam and xml I should run?
There are many apks and xmls floating around and it's getting out of hand.
Anything better than stock cam yet?
I tried many GCams and I think stock miui camera is a lot better at the moment, that's why I had to renounce to an aosp rom for now :(

Picard20

Aug 13, 2006
So what is the definitive version of Gcam and xml I should run?
There are many apks and xmls floating around and it's getting out of hand.
Anything better than stock cam yet?
I think trCam wins. Its based on NGcam a lot of people like and it has a lot of added stuff and it supports Poco x3. All cams work, there are a bunch of custom libs to choose from and video stabilization works.

Just check one of the posts above where surfer posted links to it, and dont forget to download his xml (medium or high sharpness, up to you).

As for Gcam 8, its not yet matured to a point where I can recommend it to anyone. All the versions have barebones features and most have a thing or two that doesnt work.
Just stick with the tried and true Gcam 7 based versions, like the trCam I mentioned.

Atenoip

Nov 24, 2020
I think trCam wins. Its based on NGcam a lot of people like and it has a lot of added stuff and it supports Poco x3. All cams work, there are a bunch of custom libs to choose from and video stabilization works.

Just check one of the posts above where surfer posted links to it, and dont forget to download his xml (medium or high sharpness, up to you).

As for Gcam 8, its not yet matured to a point where I can recommend it to anyone. All the versions have barebones features and most have a thing or two that doesnt work.
Just stick with the tried and true Gcam 7 based versions, like the trCam I mentioned.
Is 64mpx feature working on this version?

Reactions: nuox

pirx666

Oct 28, 2014
I'm sure I'm missing something, but when I take a photo with NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 in nightmode (maybe in others too) it's only displayed in preview in the lower right for a second and then vanishes. It's also not in gallery. But it's in the DCIM/Camera folder and looks like every other photo. After a few minutes it's also visible in gallery.

Atenoip

Nov 24, 2020
No. I'm yet to see any GCam that has working 64MP mode for Poco X3.
But, if its anything like stock cam, I wouldnt even want it.
I think at the moment stock camera is more stable and fast then every gcam, also I don't want to lose 64mp mode, it's awesome. Unlucky, I really would like to flash an aosp

Reactions: whoami_amiu

Picard20

Aug 13, 2006
I think at the moment stock camera is more stable and fast then every gcam, also I don't want to lose 64mp mode, it's awesome. Unlucky, I really would like to flash an aosp
Well Gcam can be fast if you dont do HDR+ enhanced, or do it with with minimum frames. Also, every Gcam produces sharper images with less noise in less than ideal lighting conditions. It also doesnt produce that slight warm/orange tint the stock cam images produce. But to each their own.

The main reason I'm still on MemeUI is because of Game Turbo and working EIS. I heard that on custom ROMs EIS doesnt work. Also, its nice having stock cam once in a while. The ultra steady wide cam video is amazing.

Reactions: whoami_amiu

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn
Recently I was playing with Nikita gcam 2.0. I wanted to find good video stabilisation settings.
For me suggested earlier in the topic Video EIS Pro setting (in stream config options) didn't work.
I'm on NitrogenOS (firmware 12.0.3).
For main camera stabilisation go to advanced/stream config/video and choose EISV2.
Stabilisation works very good.
If you want to have wide angle camera stabilisation go to the same settings and choose Video EIS instead of EISV2.

Each setting works only in one camera and breaks stabilistation in the other camera unfortunately.

Same will probably apply to latest tigr gcam (based on Nikita).

Reactions: Lucid Interval

just Nob

Feb 4, 2014
Lägerdorf
Got nice results here with Arnova8G2 GCam 8.0 beta.
Could you kindly give some more detailed information?
Under which conditions you got these "nice results" you're talking about?
Is it nice only with good lighting conditions or at low light as well?
Which xml-configuration you are using?
Are all lenses supported for taking pictures as well as videos?
What's about EIS?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: nuox

fox_xda2

Oct 31, 2016
Could you kindly give some more detailed information?
Under which conditions you got these "nice results" you're talking about?
Is it nice only with good lighting conditions or at low light as well?
Which xml-configuration you are using?
Are all lenses supported for taking pictures as well as videos?
What's about EIS?
Thanks in advance.
General use
Low light as well
Nice = colors ok, little noise when zooming
Xml: pixel 5
EIS : ok
All lenses : no

Reactions: just Nob

surferbyter

Jul 11, 2007
Update xml for Trcam:

Adjusted denoise.
Optimized time of shot and elaboration.
(equilibrate for nice details and colors)

Attachments