GCam for Poco X3

Search This thread

farsang

Dec 24, 2015
New UltraCVM 8 v10 xml:

Deactivated awb (It does not bring major improvements in main wide cameras and instead gives red dominants in the front and in the macro.)

OEM noise modeler option set in rampatcher. (Optimally reduces noise, more than custom noise modelers.)

Optimized sharpness and saturation for fairly vivid but true colors (Now the shades are as similar as possible between main and wide)
Nice work, but front cam still needs improvement..kindly look into that..

pirx666

Oct 28, 2014
Probably a dumb question, but with Nikita gcam (7.xx), I have 3 lenses that I can choose from. Default and wide angle is working as expected. The 3rd one looks like a macro lens. In standard MIUI cam this is the 2x lens. In Nikita gcam this only works as macro lense not for far distance. Is this expected or should this be the work like the standard cam?

farsang

Dec 24, 2015
Probably a dumb question, but with Nikita gcam (7.xx), I have 3 lenses that I can choose from. Default and wide angle is working as expected. The 3rd one looks like a macro lens. In standard MIUI cam this is the 2x lens. In Nikita gcam this only works as macro lense not for far distance. Is this expected or should this be the work like the standard cam?
In miui 2x is zoom is digital and uses main lens for that. You have to choose macro separately in cam settings. Whereas in gcam 3rd cam uses macro...

Reactions: pirx666

ema93a

Sep 12, 2017
Hi to all, I am new to Gcam. Does anyone else's night shots take a while to appear in the gallery on version NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 with recommended taalojarvi-2.0.xml config file? Currently, whenever I take a night shot, the thumbnail on the bottom right disappears after 2 seconds of taking the image and I have to go to the gallery usually twice until the photo pops up. Thanks.

farsang

Dec 24, 2015
Hi to all, I am new to Gcam. Does anyone else's night shots take a while to appear in the gallery on version NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 with recommended taalojarvi-2.0.xml config file? Currently, whenever I take a night shot, the thumbnail on the bottom right disappears after 2 seconds of taking the image and I have to go to the gallery usually twice until the photo pops up. Thanks.
Yes it happened to me as well...

Reactions: ema93a

Pocoflags

• Feb 12, 2021
    Heaven City

Does it disappear from the bottom right access to the gallery but the photo actually appears on your gallery?

ema93a

Sep 12, 2017
    Does it disappear from the bottom right access to the gallery but the photo actually appears on your gallery?
    Yes, exactly, although I have to open the gallery separately from the app drawer or home screen in order to see the photo. The photo doesn't show up if open the gallery from the bottom right.

This behavior is seen most of the time but there are very few exceptions where the thumbnail didn't disappear.

See my video for clarification.
    This was captured with NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng and ngcam_2.0_final_v3.xml I found here but the same happens with taalojarvi-2.0.xml found in official page.

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
    Kwidzyn
    Yes, exactly, although I have to open the gallery separately from the app drawer or home screen in order to see the photo. The photo doesn't show up if open the gallery from the bottom right.

This behavior is seen most of the time but there are very few exceptions where the thumbnail didn't disappear.

This was captured with NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng and ngcam_2.0_final_v3.xml I found here but the same happens with taalojarvi-2.0.xml found in official page.
    For me it works fine but you have to wait till final picture is processed. Wait for three seconds after picture is taken and then tap on the thumbnail to enter gallery.

Pocoflags

• Feb 12, 2021
    Heaven City

iirc I touched the gallery thumbnail and I believe it crashed on me, then I opened gallery normal and the photo was there and then the thumbnail would start appearing again. I had the same bug with that gcam.

If you're still getting it either you shall update, reinstall or just get a different gcam altogether.

ema93a

Sep 12, 2017
    iirc I touched the gallery thumbnail and I believe it crashed on me, then I opened gallery normal and the photo was there and then the thumbnail would start appearing again. I had the same bug with that gcam.

If you're still getting it either you shall update, reinstall or just get a different gcam altogether.

Great, thanks. I've already tried clearing all data and reinstalling, it must be something related to the limited power of the device or this version itself. It's not bothering me at all, I just wanted to know if I was the only one experiencing it. I'll stay on version 7.4 for as long as it's the most stable and recommended.

wael2

Jan 25, 2021
    Does anyone here know any good Gcam xml files or APKs? i've been going through here and there's too many options, currently im running Aurnova 7.4 with the supplied config from cyanogenmod.

nikaki71

May 15, 2014
    Where can i download Nikita Gcam 7.xx,please??

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
    Europe

Attachments

• ngcam_2.0_final_v3.xml
      26.6 KB · Views: 76
    Reactions: Vega56

The Mero

• Dec 18, 2014
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    Old timer back with an X3 ☺️

I'm very please with ngcam that's been recommended .. as for night sight photos not appearing after they've been taken I tried a few last night and no sign in the gallery ,but they were there this morning , very strange indeed

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
    Europe
    Old timer back with an X3 ☺️

I'm very please with ngcam that's been recommended .. as for night sight photos not appearing after they've been taken I tried a few last night and no sign in the gallery ,but they were there this morning , very strange indeed
    No problem with this using a 3rd party gallery (Simple Gallery Pro that comes with ArrowOS 11).

Reactions: The Mero

ema93a

Sep 12, 2017
    See the attachment (not by me but from earlier in this already quite long thread).

Here you go: GCam Port: Nikita aka nickpl13 apks
    Hey guys,

I've been using NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng with config file ngcam_2.0_final_v3 provided here and I have some bad news to report.

Video recording with the wide angle sometimes looks horrible. There's some compression artifacts similar to blurriness and pixelation on some areas as you can see in the following video. Pay attention to the brick wall and the bushes behind it. It's easier to spot at 4k but you can even see it at 1080p:
    NGCam_7.4_104_V2_eng - ngcam_2.0_final_V3 @4k30 h265

This does not happen on the default camera app:
    Default camera app @4k30 h265

I'm using default settings for Gcam except for "Store videos efficiently - on" although the same artifacts appear in h264. Bitrate is automatic and video stabilization is on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi All, wanted to share my findings with the community. These are purely my personal preferences and opinions. I also have an iPhone XR and use that as a baseline.

First I am mainly interested in skin tones, I personally feel we are all very attuned to skin tones and that's the best way to get a feel for a camera's quality.

For things like plants, flowers, landscapes, buildings and objects sometimes it becomes very difficult to tell even poor and good cameras apart.

So lets begin. All this is on MIUI stock 12.0.3 ROM. I will focus on the main and selfie camera. Haven't tested video or the wide lens.

The Stock Camera
      The stock camera is decent but has a reddish brownish skin tone. On zoom in many situations you will see smudging. Its also not sharp. The selfie camera suffers from the same problems only more accentuated. Very smudgy, too much contrast, reddish brownish tone and overall lack of clarity and detail. In low light the problems become more accentuated.

Nikita 7.4 2.0 with Vanpoko's config V3
      Thanks to vanpoko for coming out with various configs for this. This camera is really extraordinary sharp on objects and color is also decent for objects. However its way too sharp for human subjects and gives an unnatural look. Skins tone also look unnatural. The selfie camera is oversharpened and unnatural - its unusable. The sharpening is extreme and skin tones just look off.

The next 2 are from the Poco X3 camera thread on 4pda. There are more than 650 pages on that thread and I used Google translate to read some of them. There are a lot of configs, versions, differing opinions, samples to wade through.

BSG 8.1 GVq
      This one is quite good out of the box. If you have a pet you will get fantastic pictures out of the box with BSG with proper color, detail, sharpness and proper definition on the eyes. Its way way better than stock and in some cases beats my iPhone XR for pets. The colors are on point though some may find it a bit faded. Skin tones are well represented in both good light and low light situations. There is details and none of the smudging you see on the stock. The selfie camera is also good for skin tones, again some may find this slightly washed out but the details are well captured. A simply brightening and contrast in the default image editor will dramatically improve the image for most tastes.

This camera is extremely good for pets. This is on out of the box config. For main lens in the settings I used Pixel4 for both HDR+ and AWB correction. These settings are in settings -> additional modules settings -> settings back lens. For selfie camera I found Samsung T2 AWB gave the best colors. This is in settings -> additional modules settings -> settings front lens -> awb correction. For the custom library I used Lib r1_01_Final - the skin tone colors are slightly better here than the default Google lib. There are many other BSG versions on the 4pda thread but I found the GVq versions shared there worked well. Its available on celsoazevedo Gcam site. Its the 8.1.101_A9_GVq one.

Aspen 8.1.200 and 8.1.011.194
      There is not much discussion on this Gcam mod on XDA or on celsoazevedo. Both along with BSG are highly rated on the 4pda thread. I found 8.1.200 nearly as good as BSG, just a slightly different color tone. Its also nearly as sharp as BSG. For the Selfie camera, some may find this better than BSG. Unfortunately the apks and configs are only available in the 4pda thread. The best library I found for color accuracy was 1.8re which many on the thread recommend. Like BSG the Aspen 1.8.200 is much better for skin tones, pets and many other things than the stock cameras.

The 8.1.011.194 version is extremely similar to the 8.1.200 version. Its slightly less sharp I found for pets and skin tones, and the selfie is just slightly, very slightly more natural looking. Again this is with lib1.8re. The other popular lib is 1.9final and I found 1.8re is generally better for skin tones on the front camera. The main camera is quite similar. On Aspen default AWB on gives a cooler more 'pastely' color tone but you can put it off to get a slightly warmer more accurate tone closer to BSG.

The 4pda thread is very confusing but for Aspen the bulk of the posts, configs and apks is shared by user Paradisoko. There are also a lot of useful posts and real world comparisons by both paradisoko and hulksvs on Aspen 8.1 and BSG. Thanks to both of these users and the 4pda community for providing a mod that improves the Poco default camera. One thing to note is Aspen does not support the wide camera while BSG does. I haven't tested much video but BSG records 1080p stabilized.

I think most users will find BSG 8.1 a good alternative to the stock cam. It works well out of the box for the X3 and I personally think colors are extremely accurate and skin tone and details is perhaps as good as the camera hardware allows. Aspen 8.1.200 is also worth trying, its very good, and you can install and use both together. Hope this was useful to users here.
      thyank you very much for this information.

can you please share the lib file?

All the libs are integrated in the apks. You just have to go to settings and choose the lib.

There is no need to get any libs for BSG or Aspen. Only for Aspen you need the xml configs provided with the apks in the 4pda threads by user Paradisoko.

Here is the link one of the Aspen 1.8.200 4pda posts by Paradiso.
      https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=1004745&view=findpost&p=104439779

BSG does not need any config.

For Aspen once you install the apk create a folder 'ConfigsSettings8' in your internal storage and put the xml config in the folder. Then open the Aspen app and click the space to the left of the gallery and select the xml config.

Untill you do this the camera preview will not work in Aspen. This is because in the settings you need to change the Level Camera2 API from jpeg to Yuv and the config xml does that and other settings for the X3.

Also both BSG and Aspen support third party galleries, you need to unselect 'Use google photo' in advanced settings.
      UPDATED with 4 xmls with their 4 custom libs!
      This are my xmls for the latest Arnova 6.210329.0153build-8.1.101; they work with a custom config; both xmls and libs must be in the folder /GCam/Configs8, decompress the zip with the 8 files in that folder. Results are very good, great quality pictures with zero noise and artifacts, great definition and colors. Try them if you have the Arnova mod installed and choose your favorite. Remember to check that you have the lib loaded in advanced options--->custom lib config, a lib must be active.
      I decides to return back from Arnova to NGcam (v3) at least for a while, because Arnova has a few disadvantages for me (I didn't manage to set up full brightness display; night scene is very gray and colors are really very faded, etc.)

I tested your v4 that is very interesting (we discussed about sharpness last month) and I discovered that the blue hue is noticeably shifted - see pics. Is it possible easily to correct it?
      Here is a new group of xmls with various modifications, see if you like them. Google AWB is Off, you can turn it ON in the sliding menu to help in night mode or with artificial light. See which xml suits you the best.
      Try BSG Google Camera with SlibP custom library. It offers no oversharpening effects and it's the only Gcam I'm satisfied with.
      It's photo processing is more natural than others.
      UPDATED WITH LATEST BSG'S MOD AND NEW XML
      Thanks! I tried the latest BSG's mod and even made an xml to share that works with the version MGC_8.1.101_A9_GVw. The xml has to be in a custom folder inside the Download folder, so save a random xml and the folder will be created and after put the xmls in that folder and load them. Video works in all lenses and it's perfect and stable. Slow motion doesn't work. I think this BSG mod is so far the best of the GCam 8.1x and he keeps improving it.

Hi All, wanted to share my findings with the community. These are purely my personal preferences and opinions. I also have an iPhone XR and use that as a baseline.

First I am mainly interested in skin tones, I personally feel we are all very attuned to skin tones and that's the best way to get a feel for a camera's quality.

For things like plants, flowers, landscapes, buildings and objects sometimes it becomes very difficult to tell even poor and good cameras apart.

So lets begin. All this is on MIUI stock 12.0.3 ROM. I will focus on the main and selfie camera. Haven't tested video or the wide lens.

The Stock Camera
      The stock camera is decent but has a reddish brownish skin tone. On zoom in many situations you will see smudging. Its also not sharp. The selfie camera suffers from the same problems only more accentuated. Very smudgy, too much contrast, reddish brownish tone and overall lack of clarity and detail. In low light the problems become more accentuated.

Nikita 7.4 2.0 with Vanpoko's config V3
      Thanks to vanpoko for coming out with various configs for this. This camera is really extraordinary sharp on objects and color is also decent for objects. However its way too sharp for human subjects and gives an unnatural look. Skins tone also look unnatural. The selfie camera is oversharpened and unnatural - its unusable. The sharpening is extreme and skin tones just look off.

The next 2 are from the Poco X3 camera thread on 4pda. There are more than 650 pages on that thread and I used Google translate to read some of them. There are a lot of configs, versions, differing opinions, samples to wade through.

BSG 8.1 GVq
      This one is quite good out of the box. If you have a pet you will get fantastic pictures out of the box with BSG with proper color, detail, sharpness and proper definition on the eyes. Its way way better than stock and in some cases beats my iPhone XR for pets. The colors are on point though some may find it a bit faded. Skin tones are well represented in both good light and low light situations. There is details and none of the smudging you see on the stock. The selfie camera is also good for skin tones, again some may find this slightly washed out but the details are well captured. A simply brightening and contrast in the default image editor will dramatically improve the image for most tastes.

This camera is extremely good for pets. This is on out of the box config. For main lens in the settings I used Pixel4 for both HDR+ and AWB correction. These settings are in settings -> additional modules settings -> settings back lens. For selfie camera I found Samsung T2 AWB gave the best colors. This is in settings -> additional modules settings -> settings front lens -> awb correction. For the custom library I used Lib r1_01_Final - the skin tone colors are slightly better here than the default Google lib. There are many other BSG versions on the 4pda thread but I found the GVq versions shared there worked well. Its available on celsoazevedo Gcam site. Its the 8.1.101_A9_GVq one.

Aspen 8.1.200 and 8.1.011.194
      There is not much discussion on this Gcam mod on XDA or on celsoazevedo. Both along with BSG are highly rated on the 4pda thread. I found 8.1.200 nearly as good as BSG, just a slightly different color tone. Its also nearly as sharp as BSG. For the Selfie camera, some may find this better than BSG. Unfortunately the apks and configs are only available in the 4pda thread. The best library I found for color accuracy was 1.8re which many on the thread recommend. Like BSG the Aspen 1.8.200 is much better for skin tones, pets and many other things than the stock cameras.

The 8.1.011.194 version is extremely similar to the 8.1.200 version. Its slightly less sharp I found for pets and skin tones, and the selfie is just slightly, very slightly more natural looking. Again this is with lib1.8re. The other popular lib is 1.9final and I found 1.8re is generally better for skin tones on the front camera. The main camera is quite similar. On Aspen default AWB on gives a cooler more 'pastely' color tone but you can put it off to get a slightly warmer more accurate tone closer to BSG.

The 4pda thread is very confusing but for Aspen the bulk of the posts, configs and apks is shared by user Paradisoko. There are also a lot of useful posts and real world comparisons by both paradisoko and hulksvs on Aspen 8.1 and BSG. Thanks to both of these users and the 4pda community for providing a mod that improves the Poco default camera. One thing to note is Aspen does not support the wide camera while BSG does. I haven't tested much video but BSG records 1080p stabilized.

I think most users will find BSG 8.1 a good alternative to the stock cam. It works well out of the box for the X3 and I personally think colors are extremely accurate and skin tone and details is perhaps as good as the camera hardware allows. Aspen 8.1.200 is also worth trying, its very good, and you can install and use both together. Hope this was useful to users here.
      Hi everyone. I'm using the new Poco X3 since yesterday and it's a blast. Do you know of any GCam port available for this phone?
      These are my definitive xmls for NGCam 2.0 and trCamera_Xmas_Release; everything is working OK and smoothly and auxiliary lenses are almost perfect now, as they were the most difficult to achieve a good level of quality and denoise (for me, the premade noise models are horrible).
      Trcam dec 2020

Clone version

It is convenient to have two trcam so you can use two different xml, for example one with high sharpness for landscapes, architecture and the like and one with softer details for human figures and selfies ..

Hi great news! Nikita's newest gcam build 2.0 is capable of 12MP (4624x2604) pictures and also 1080P video in wide angle camera mode. I use standard config file advertised in this thread for over a month now (HDR+ 15 frames). Audio bitrate 192KB/s. Really happy :)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone