GCam for Poco X3

Search This thread

farsang

Dec 24, 2015
New UltraCVM 8 v10 xml:

Deactivated awb (It does not bring major improvements in main wide cameras and instead gives red dominants in the front and in the macro.)

OEM noise modeler option set in rampatcher. (Optimally reduces noise, more than custom noise modelers.)

Optimized sharpness and saturation for fairly vivid but true colors (Now the shades are as similar as possible between main and wide)
Nice work, but front cam still needs improvement..kindly look into that..

pirx666

Oct 28, 2014
Probably a dumb question, but with Nikita gcam (7.xx), I have 3 lenses that I can choose from. Default and wide angle is working as expected. The 3rd one looks like a macro lens. In standard MIUI cam this is the 2x lens. In Nikita gcam this only works as macro lense not for far distance. Is this expected or should this be the work like the standard cam?

farsang

Dec 24, 2015
Probably a dumb question, but with Nikita gcam (7.xx), I have 3 lenses that I can choose from. Default and wide angle is working as expected. The 3rd one looks like a macro lens. In standard MIUI cam this is the 2x lens. In Nikita gcam this only works as macro lense not for far distance. Is this expected or should this be the work like the standard cam?
In miui 2x is zoom is digital and uses main lens for that. You have to choose macro separately in cam settings. Whereas in gcam 3rd cam uses macro...

Reactions: pirx666

ema93a

Sep 12, 2017
Hi to all, I am new to Gcam. Does anyone else's night shots take a while to appear in the gallery on version NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 with recommended taalojarvi-2.0.xml config file? Currently, whenever I take a night shot, the thumbnail on the bottom right disappears after 2 seconds of taking the image and I have to go to the gallery usually twice until the photo pops up. Thanks.

farsang

Dec 24, 2015
Hi to all, I am new to Gcam. Does anyone else's night shots take a while to appear in the gallery on version NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 with recommended taalojarvi-2.0.xml config file? Currently, whenever I take a night shot, the thumbnail on the bottom right disappears after 2 seconds of taking the image and I have to go to the gallery usually twice until the photo pops up. Thanks.
Yes it happened to me as well...

Reactions: ema93a

Pocoflags

Feb 12, 2021
Heaven City

Does it disappear from the bottom right access to the gallery but the photo actually appears on your gallery?

ema93a

Sep 12, 2017
Does it disappear from the bottom right access to the gallery but the photo actually appears on your gallery?
Yes, exactly, although I have to open the gallery separately from the app drawer or home screen in order to see the photo. The photo doesn't show up if open the gallery from the bottom right.

This behavior is seen most of the time but there are very few exceptions where the thumbnail didn't disappear.

See my video for clarification.
This was captured with NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng and ngcam_2.0_final_v3.xml I found here but the same happens with taalojarvi-2.0.xml found in official page.

rudix78

Sep 21, 2015
Kwidzyn
Yes, exactly, although I have to open the gallery separately from the app drawer or home screen in order to see the photo. The photo doesn't show up if open the gallery from the bottom right.

This behavior is seen most of the time but there are very few exceptions where the thumbnail didn't disappear.

This was captured with NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng and ngcam_2.0_final_v3.xml I found here but the same happens with taalojarvi-2.0.xml found in official page.
For me it works fine but you have to wait till final picture is processed. Wait for three seconds after picture is taken and then tap on the thumbnail to enter gallery.

Pocoflags

Feb 12, 2021
Heaven City

iirc I touched the gallery thumbnail and I believe it crashed on me, then I opened gallery normal and the photo was there and then the thumbnail would start appearing again. I had the same bug with that gcam.

If you're still getting it either you shall update, reinstall or just get a different gcam altogether.

ema93a

Sep 12, 2017
iirc I touched the gallery thumbnail and I believe it crashed on me, then I opened gallery normal and the photo was there and then the thumbnail would start appearing again. I had the same bug with that gcam.

If you're still getting it either you shall update, reinstall or just get a different gcam altogether.

Great, thanks. I've already tried clearing all data and reinstalling, it must be something related to the limited power of the device or this version itself. It's not bothering me at all, I just wanted to know if I was the only one experiencing it. I'll stay on version 7.4 for as long as it's the most stable and recommended.

wael2

Jan 25, 2021
Does anyone here know any good Gcam xml files or APKs? i've been going through here and there's too many options, currently im running Aurnova 7.4 with the supplied config from cyanogenmod.

nikaki71

May 15, 2014
Where can i download Nikita Gcam 7.xx,please??

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe

Attachments

• ngcam_2.0_final_v3.xml
    26.6 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Vega56

The Mero

Dec 18, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Old timer back with an X3 ☺️

I'm very please with ngcam that's been recommended .. as for night sight photos not appearing after they've been taken I tried a few last night and no sign in the gallery ,but they were there this morning , very strange indeed

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
Old timer back with an X3 ☺️

I'm very please with ngcam that's been recommended .. as for night sight photos not appearing after they've been taken I tried a few last night and no sign in the gallery ,but they were there this morning , very strange indeed
No problem with this using a 3rd party gallery (Simple Gallery Pro that comes with ArrowOS 11).

Reactions: The Mero

ema93a

Sep 12, 2017
See the attachment (not by me but from earlier in this already quite long thread).

Here you go: GCam Port: Nikita aka nickpl13 apks
Hey guys,

I've been using NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng with config file ngcam_2.0_final_v3 provided here and I have some bad news to report.

Video recording with the wide angle sometimes looks horrible. There's some compression artifacts similar to blurriness and pixelation on some areas as you can see in the following video. Pay attention to the brick wall and the bushes behind it. It's easier to spot at 4k but you can even see it at 1080p:
NGCam_7.4_104_V2_eng - ngcam_2.0_final_V3 @4k30 h265

This does not happen on the default camera app:
Default camera app @4k30 h265

I'm using default settings for Gcam except for "Store videos efficiently - on" although the same artifacts appear in h264. Bitrate is automatic and video stabilization is on.

Top Liked Posts

This is my new xml for the latest Arnova 6.210329.0153build-8.1.101; it works with the final r0m10 custom config lib_R1_01Final.so; both xml and lib must be in the folder /GCam/Configs8.
    This is the mod and config that I'm using now and the results are very good, great quality pictures with zero noise and artifacts, great definition and colors. Try it if you have the Arnova mod installed.
    Update xml.

Fixed sharpness and noise on wide.

Fixed results in front photos for softer selfies.

Clear data and cache, load xml, load and activate custom library Ultra_AI.so

This is link of many libraries. https://mega.nz/folder/yiIiHBbT#KaSvzRngnzPJrZa5ArEE_Q
    I make a separate post so as not to confuse the photos. Attached I put a photo taken with the xml of the previous post with some on the very zoomed clippings. Notice the detail and the total lack of artifacts on balcony railings, TV antennas and air conditioner grilles.
    Arnova gcam v6 stable. Based on google camera 8.1.

In this new features added.

First load xml.

Custom libraries can be added. These are loaded from the setting:
    Advanced/Custom libs config.
    For load tap on "Select lib" and search the file with the extension .so in the folder where you placed it,

drag it back into the settings and select it from the option "Set Custom lib".

This is link of many libraries. https://mega.nz/folder/yiIiHBbT#KaSvzRngnzPJrZa5ArEE_Q

II used Ultra_AI.so whit xml on attachement but even without changing xml, you can upload and testing all of them so as to choose the one that best matches your personal tastes.
    @vanpoko: thanks for the xml file, pics look way better than stock camera app. Are you saying that you have two configfiles?, one for video and one for pics?. Would you be so kind to post them both.
    Are you expecting there will be much improvement in the gcam app or is this as good as its gets?.
    Sure! Here you have 3 different xmls, one for faster pictures with only 7 frames in the HDR+, one to use the front camera video and another to use the wide angle camera video with good quality and stabilization. These are complementary xmls, the main one is the one posted before.

About improvement with GCam, all the most known modders have finished with the 7.xxx series and for me the best is NGcam and the final mod from Urnyx05 is also excellent. Now they are all working with the 8.xxx series but I haven't found one that I really like and with similar results like this NGcam; I think Nikita's first 8.1 GCam is the best even without having libpatcher or support for all the lenses, so I'll wait for his next fully developed mod that for sure it will be the best.
    There's a new Arnova stable mod based on GCam 8.1.101:

Mirror:

I've made this xml if you want to try it. It uses a custom lib, I've noted that Arnova works better with a lib so I've tried some of them and chosen my favorite. Decompress the zip file with the lib and place it in the same folder with the xml, /GCam/Configs8, and load the xlm and from the menu in advanced options in the last line you'll see 'custom lib config', so in 'set custom lib' choose the lib and you'll see that the pictures are much more better.
    Hi everyone. I'm using the new Poco X3 since yesterday and it's a blast. Do you know of any GCam port available for this phone?
    These are my definitive xmls for NGCam 2.0 and trCamera_Xmas_Release; everything is working OK and smoothly and auxiliary lenses are almost perfect now, as they were the most difficult to achieve a good level of quality and denoise (for me, the premade noise models are horrible).
    Trcam dec 2020

Clone version

It is convenient to have two trcam so you can use two different xml, for example one with high sharpness for landscapes, architecture and the like and one with softer details for human figures and selfies ..

Hi great news! Nikita's newest gcam build 2.0 is capable of 12MP (4624x2604) pictures and also 1080P video in wide angle camera mode. I use standard config file advertised in this thread for over a month now (HDR+ 15 frames). Audio bitrate 192KB/s. Really happy :)
    Xml for UltraCVM 8.

Based on xml of Arnova Beta tester latest version.
    Optimized the camera buttons on the ui so that you only have three, UW, main and Macro.
    Set as a Configs video stream on the Eisv2 main camera so you can use the google camera stabilizations of pixels, standard, locked, active, and cinematic pan ...
    I advise you to test son something never seen on a gcam to date.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone