GCam for Poco X3

Search This thread

ollie2012

May 26, 2014
How do you install these GCAM versions? do you uninstall each first or do you just install them over each other?

surferbyter

Jul 11, 2007
Ngcam 1.8 fix:
https://mega.nz/file/u351HKyT#CbwssLmYK7UuB61DErKFpXdVOEQDs7Ze0UxDQnHH6I0

Xml:
https://mega.nz/file/KqgF1I6S#49_OcfwJf-JdNmVRaswqZu4zyOq1hg6g8DVmwSrog1k

New nikita gcam. I'm not giving you the complete changelog you can see it on the crlsoazevddo website. In my impressions it has improved a lot and even a lot.

Message for all "photography" experts discussed ... Ngcam 1.8 sharpness set to maximum, 3000 ...
https://mega.nz/file/a6h3iCyB#2Wtbt9-9kDUElxsxQZw-nBQsTTe3j6Co3ChcbgAxVcY

Zero artifacts, maximum details:
https://mega.nz/file/265RiCYY#-ncbLY-bhDo_Iix6_476eCHzBE1dT3y8ltjqMSbp4iI

I look forward to those who, climbing on the mirrors, will criticize any imaginary defects in the photo above ... Imaginary because I'm sorry but the photo soora has a lot of details that the flatness of those who want to carry on the thesis that lowering the sharpness you have "beautiful" photos is just a word while the resulting photos with sharpness and little noise are a show ..
In the same way, it makes me laugh who carries out the thesis for which we must lower all the parameters that allow gcam to take spectacular photos because there are imaginary defects. Lowering and lowering it ends up keeping the stock camera photos that will be average but don't have the quality of gcam. The "professor" of spoken photography resigned themselves .... The gcam gives the best results. The stock is only average. So if you don't want to work on the gcam, just stay in the average, but don't bother those who want the better.

I add two suggestions to those who find the processing times of photos too slow. Either you lower the frames of the HDR + and give up a minimum rendering in details or you can install a second ngcam in clone version and keep two, one with the maximum frames to be used to take razor sharp photos and one for when you need the speed processing .. Below the download link of the ngcam 1.8 fix clone version.

Ngcam 1.8 clone:
https://mega.nz/file/a2oAVYSL#IWIJ3d1AdfQYyzRSIS6eLtLtXz7PUqH6x77AmavblPg

Xml 15 frame hdr+:
https://mega.nz/file/SjwmBSCI#On_YN61HiTihrLl2djxBjyRNZsqOA9r1NuQvm7JDYdk

Attachments

• IMG_20201020_084247_compress76.jpg
    IMG_20201020_084247_compress76.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 973
  • IMG_20201020_084247_compress27.jpg
    IMG_20201020_084247_compress27.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 956

Alin45

Oct 7, 2020
Bucharest

ollie2012

May 26, 2014
Hi everyone. I'm using the new Poco X3 since yesterday and it's a blast. Do you know of any GCam port available for this phone?

Ngcam 1.8 fix:
https://mega.nz/file/u351HKyT#CbwssLmYK7UuB61DErKFpXdVOEQDs7Ze0UxDQnHH6I0

Xml:
https://mega.nz/file/KqgF1I6S#49_OcfwJf-JdNmVRaswqZu4zyOq1hg6g8DVmwSrog1k

New nikita gcam. I'm not giving you the complete changelog you can see it on the crlsoazevddo website. In my impressions it has improved a lot and even a lot.

Message for all "photography" experts discussed ... Ngcam 1.8 sharpness set to maximum, 3000 ...
https://mega.nz/file/a6h3iCyB#2Wtbt9-9kDUElxsxQZw-nBQsTTe3j6Co3ChcbgAxVcY

Zero artifacts, maximum details:
https://mega.nz/file/265RiCYY#-ncbLY-bhDo_Iix6_476eCHzBE1dT3y8ltjqMSbp4iI

I look forward to those who, climbing on the mirrors, will criticize any imaginary defects in the photo above ... Imaginary because I'm sorry but the photo soora has a lot of details that the flatness of those who want to carry on the thesis that lowering the sharpness you have "beautiful" photos is just a word while the resulting photos with sharpness and little noise are a show ..
In the same way, it makes me laugh who carries out the thesis for which we must lower all the parameters that allow gcam to take spectacular photos because there are imaginary defects. Lowering and lowering it ends up keeping the stock camera photos that will be average but don't have the quality of gcam. The "professor" of spoken photography resigned themselves .... The gcam gives the best results. The stock is only average. So if you don't want to work on the gcam, just stay in the average, but don't bother those who want the better.

I add two suggestions to those who find the processing times of photos too slow. Either you lower the frames of the HDR + and give up a minimum rendering in details or you can install a second ngcam in clone version and keep two, one with the maximum frames to be used to take razor sharp photos and one for when you need the speed processing .. Below the download link of the ngcam 1.8 fix clone version.

Ngcam 1.8 clone:
https://mega.nz/file/a2oAVYSL#IWIJ3d1AdfQYyzRSIS6eLtLtXz7PUqH6x77AmavblPg

Xml 15 frame hdr+:
https://mega.nz/file/SjwmBSCI#On_YN61HiTihrLl2djxBjyRNZsqOA9r1NuQvm7JDYdk

Thanks for your hard work!!
How many frames did you use for your best xml?

So is Nikita version 1.8 better for selfies and video or do we rely on the stock for video and miniqueta for selfies?

thanks

surferbyter

Jul 11, 2007
Thanks for your hard work!!
How many frames did you use for your best xml?

So is Nikita version 1.8 better for selfies and video or do we rely on the stock for video and miniqueta for selfies?

thanks

The right amount of hdr + frames would be 24. Obviously everything depends on how long you have the patience to wait for the processing and its timing. 15 are very fast, 24 optimal, 36 more detail but slower ... You can try the various settings and choose the one that gives us the compromise we like. Furthermore, once you have found the compromise, you can save your own xml and keep the same one in the folder you started from so as to have one for quick shots and one with long processing times for when we want to dedicate more time to particular photos. For videos now better to use the stock. The gcam do not give more quality than the latter and do not have the stabilization that the xiaomi camera has. For selfies, it's all about how we want them. If we want them detailed and sharp, for example they could be useful when using them to take a group photo in which we are also in the corner, or if you want them soft that is when it is our only face in the frame. In the first case, the Falcon is fine. In the second I use the stock ...

I take this opportunity to attach some macros made with the main camera in focus slider mode on the ngcam 1.8. Crop, rotate and edit with mobile lightroom.

Attachments

• IMG_20201020_173323_compress5.jpg
    IMG_20201020_173323_compress5.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:

Fustang

Nov 8, 2013
New xml for ngcam 1.8
Fixed denoise on wide auxiliary cam.

Download 36 frame hdr+ version:
https://mega.nz/file/33xkCBib#nxSSbx38iAhqlKhv5DfNCS0voB8UHnAaXU4T098NVMU

Download 15 frame hdr+ version:
https://mega.nz/file/Tj4mSR5Z#_lBaF-le55f1OUF9rbuaY0TTVJoUKicEZ9GNhfFZDR0

I think that the denoising is not working on your config or the HDR count is too hight (when you zoom in there is a loot of noise), without mentioning the extremely large space it takes to save 1 picture (more than 17MB). I personally prefer the vanilla one, with a bit of tweaks here and there.

surferbyter

Jul 11, 2007
I think that the denoising is not working on your config or the HDR count is too hight (when you zoom in there is a loot of noise), without mentioning the extremely large space it takes to save 1 picture (more than 17MB). I personally prefer the vanilla one, with a bit of tweaks here and there.

If you don't care about detail you can always lower the sharpness and the frames of the HDR +. But then you will realize that zooming in the details will be a lot of mixed.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

@surferbyter
Do you know camera sensors models of ultrawide and selfie as main cam is imx682....?

Unfortunately to date I have not found any indication on which other sensors it uses other than the main one. Imx682 exmor rs ...

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Meanwhile, I inform you that arnova8g2 is studying the logs of the operation of one of its beta on pocox3 ...

ollie2012

May 26, 2014
i bought some lens for the Poco X3 to play with the NGCAM: 18x zoom, 16mm wide, the 100x Macro from you know who, at half price

if you need the code, but i think you need to be in Oz

Last edited:

Picard20

Aug 13, 2006
Here are some random, slightly tweaked Nikita Ngcam 7.4 v1.7 pic samples.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XHHQ6Euh4Tw1v42B7

Notice plenty of natural, non processed detail and no noise. All pics taken had hdr frames set to 5.
Onion rings were shot in not so bright unnatural light.
I imagine v1.8 would wield slightly better results.

@surfer
I feel called out by your lengthy comment.

"but don't bother those who want the better."
Since when did sharing your opinion turned into bothering people ?

Seems like you dont take criticism pretty well and seek to twist my message as a result. I dont recall saying I hate detail, I merely shared my opinion and stated that most natural pictures are somewhere in between softness and max detail. You CANNOT create detail out of nowhere. Sensor has its limits. But what you can do is oversharpen the pic and get artificial detail, that, to the trained eye, is something very very different than natural detail.
I personally dont like to max out sharpening and have trees look like paper cut outs, and have noise in slightest of shadows.

But hey, thats just me. Thats why I will always prefer stock, slightly tweaked NGcam (or any other similar Gcam with plenty of options) over anything else.

Last edited:

zpower

No gcam is recommended over another. I try to give all the possibilities set at best, auxiliary cameras working, useful options activated, for example saber or stream configs7, in each gcam. Then everyone can choose one or the other according to their tastes or even keep as many as they want using them for how they work best depending on the shooting occasions. Even in the settings, if someone tries an xml finds something they don't like, for example oversharpnees can

As regards the trcamera, all three auxiliary camera can be activated. I'm not testing it for now because the new version based on google camera 7.4 should come out in the next few days, so it would be a waste of time to set an xml on the old one and then start over on the new one.

Source: Discussion of the Xiaomi POCO X3 camera on 4pda forum (i don't know if i can post link of thread)

A list of all sensors of our camera unit and front camera:

Wide: Sony IMX682_l
Front: Samsung isocell s5k3t2_l
Ultrawide: Hynix _hi1337_l
Macro: Hynix_hi259_I
Depth: OV_ov02b1b_l

ollie2012

May 26, 2014
OK, everyone, we just need the settings key so we can tweak to individual preferences and tastes....
I prefer a bit less processing myself so that I can do further processing via PC, where is the key for denoise filter please?

How is RAW capture working?

I need Sports Mode to capture HDR+ sports, ie sharp focus and blurred background heh

Thanks

yanikan

Mar 23, 2017
@Picard20 You got very good results even though all your samples in good light conditions.I liked it alot.Could you please save and share your cofiguration xml.I am not so experienced in tweeking GCams and for me only info about 5 frames for HDR+ is not enough information but I really want to try your tweeks.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Also,any samples from ultra wide angle camera? If you tweeked it too.

surferbyter

Jul 11, 2007
Source: Discussion of the Xiaomi POCO X3 camera on 4pda forum (i don't know if i can post link of thread)

A list of all sensors of our camera unit and front camera:

Wide: Sony IMX682_l
Front: Samsung isocell s5k3t2_l
Ultrawide: Hynix _hi1337_l
Macro: Hynix_hi259_I
Depth: OV_ov02b1b_l

Thank you ... I have never been able to find this information ...

ollie2012

May 26, 2014
You can use an app like Device Info HW+ , often times it will tell you what the hardware is reporting as

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on crdroid 8.6 and mtslcam works great except ultra wide keeps crashing the app. Is there a way to fix this?
    Hi All, wanted to share my findings with the community. These are purely my personal preferences and opinions. I also have an iPhone XR and use that as a baseline.

First I am mainly interested in skin tones, I personally feel we are all very attuned to skin tones and that's the best way to get a feel for a camera's quality.

For things like plants, flowers, landscapes, buildings and objects sometimes it becomes very difficult to tell even poor and good cameras apart.

So lets begin. All this is on MIUI stock 12.0.3 ROM. I will focus on the main and selfie camera. Haven't tested video or the wide lens.

The Stock Camera
    The stock camera is decent but has a reddish brownish skin tone. On zoom in many situations you will see smudging. Its also not sharp. The selfie camera suffers from the same problems only more accentuated. Very smudgy, too much contrast, reddish brownish tone and overall lack of clarity and detail. In low light the problems become more accentuated.

Nikita 7.4 2.0 with Vanpoko's config V3
    Thanks to vanpoko for coming out with various configs for this. This camera is really extraordinary sharp on objects and color is also decent for objects. However its way too sharp for human subjects and gives an unnatural look. Skins tone also look unnatural. The selfie camera is oversharpened and unnatural - its unusable. The sharpening is extreme and skin tones just look off.

The next 2 are from the Poco X3 camera thread on 4pda. There are more than 650 pages on that thread and I used Google translate to read some of them. There are a lot of configs, versions, differing opinions, samples to wade through.

BSG 8.1 GVq
    This one is quite good out of the box. If you have a pet you will get fantastic pictures out of the box with BSG with proper color, detail, sharpness and proper definition on the eyes. Its way way better than stock and in some cases beats my iPhone XR for pets. The colors are on point though some may find it a bit faded. Skin tones are well represented in both good light and low light situations. There is details and none of the smudging you see on the stock. The selfie camera is also good for skin tones, again some may find this slightly washed out but the details are well captured. A simply brightening and contrast in the default image editor will dramatically improve the image for most tastes.

This camera is extremely good for pets. This is on out of the box config. For main lens in the settings I used Pixel4 for both HDR+ and AWB correction. These settings are in settings -> additional modules settings -> settings back lens. For selfie camera I found Samsung T2 AWB gave the best colors. This is in settings -> additional modules settings -> settings front lens -> awb correction. For the custom library I used Lib r1_01_Final - the skin tone colors are slightly better here than the default Google lib. There are many other BSG versions on the 4pda thread but I found the GVq versions shared there worked well. Its available on celsoazevedo Gcam site. Its the 8.1.101_A9_GVq one.

Aspen 8.1.200 and 8.1.011.194
    There is not much discussion on this Gcam mod on XDA or on celsoazevedo. Both along with BSG are highly rated on the 4pda thread. I found 8.1.200 nearly as good as BSG, just a slightly different color tone. Its also nearly as sharp as BSG. For the Selfie camera, some may find this better than BSG. Unfortunately the apks and configs are only available in the 4pda thread. The best library I found for color accuracy was 1.8re which many on the thread recommend. Like BSG the Aspen 1.8.200 is much better for skin tones, pets and many other things than the stock cameras.

The 8.1.011.194 version is extremely similar to the 8.1.200 version. Its slightly less sharp I found for pets and skin tones, and the selfie is just slightly, very slightly more natural looking. Again this is with lib1.8re. The other popular lib is 1.9final and I found 1.8re is generally better for skin tones on the front camera. The main camera is quite similar. On Aspen default AWB on gives a cooler more 'pastely' color tone but you can put it off to get a slightly warmer more accurate tone closer to BSG.

The 4pda thread is very confusing but for Aspen the bulk of the posts, configs and apks is shared by user Paradisoko. There are also a lot of useful posts and real world comparisons by both paradisoko and hulksvs on Aspen 8.1 and BSG. Thanks to both of these users and the 4pda community for providing a mod that improves the Poco default camera. One thing to note is Aspen does not support the wide camera while BSG does. I haven't tested much video but BSG records 1080p stabilized.

I think most users will find BSG 8.1 a good alternative to the stock cam. It works well out of the box for the X3 and I personally think colors are extremely accurate and skin tone and details is perhaps as good as the camera hardware allows. Aspen 8.1.200 is also worth trying, its very good, and you can install and use both together. Hope this was useful to users here.
    OK, here goes what technically is the masterpiece of all GCams, the latest BSG's private version. First, if you have installed the premium MOD and you want to try this one, you don't need to uninstall anything; both are compatible and you can have the two BSGs installed. In this mod everything that I have tested works OK, even slow motion in HD. About the xmls, they can be loaded from any folder, although the apk uses its custom folder inside Downloads, so when it's created better move all the xmls inside that folder.

Download the apk from here:

UPDATE: added the zip BSG_ONE_PV4.zip. It contains the main xml and the lib Google 8.1.200.so. All the xmls work with both the default google lib and the modified, so you can try both of them or stay with the default; it's very easy to change libs: just go to the configuration and in the custom libray section you can load, change, restore default, etc libraries. I personally like more the modified one, I find better light and colors in the Google 8.1.200 lib.

NOTE: I've reuploaded BSG_ONE_PV4.zip as there was a problem with EIS that now it's solved and video stabilization works ok in the reworked BSG_ONE_PV4.xml.

UPDATE: Added 2 new xmls for you to experience: kalamazoo_PV4.xml & rainmaker_PV4.xml.
    Sorry for my ignorance but did you post them in this thread or elsewhere?
    I can't find the files you've mentioned above 🤔

NGcam 8.2.300 1.5

BSG_8.1.101_PV4

P-Z-D_8.2.204_v.3

BSG Premium_8.1.MOD

NGcam 7.4 2.0

Hi everyone. I'm using the new Poco X3 since yesterday and it's a blast. Do you know of any GCam port available for this phone?
    Here goes for photography enthusiasts and gcammaniacs one of the coolest, most complete, customized and best GCam mods out there so far, the latest Pitbull's P-Z-D GCam 8.2.204 mod. If you get a good configuration you can get amazing photos. The options are almost endless to configure. Thanks to the new HDR+ of the Pixel 6, to a great noise model specially made for the Poco X3, to full sabre merging, the total control that is achieved over light, shadows, color, contrast, etc. you can get great photos in almost any light or shadow setting. And the video is also very good and stable and slow motion works ok. One of the pluses is that you have the option to use LDR. The mod uses this cool new layout with the AUX buttons displayed different and 2 special buttons for the AWB and the libpatcher. Enjoy!.

Download the apk from here:

NOTE: maybe you'll have to give permissions to manage files to the apk in order to load the xml. This goes in a special folder called ConfigSettings8.2, so you can save a random xml and the folder will be created and after move the shared one and load it.

Base XML Credits: 2DesArt Team

This are my final and definitive xmls for this mod. I wasn't satisfied with the results from the one already posted so I made it from scratch with no base or whatever. Now you'll get really cool photos! Don't miss it !!!