GCam for Poco X3

Search This thread

vanpoko

Dec 2, 2020
Thanks. :) ...But what are the differences between them?
Many...different google and custom libs, different settings in the patchers, curves, shasta, color transform, dev. options and more, so you'll get different results in color, light and shadows but the same quality in all as there are some principal settings that are always used the same. AWB is off by default, it's better, but if you have trouble with the light in interiors, at night, dark places, etc, turn it on, all the xmls use the same model.
And about all this thing with oversharpening, the group always uses a valor of 1250 that doesn't give oversharpened results at all, it's a common valor used in thousands of xmls that enhances the pictures with vivid results and better details everywhere; oversharpening comes when you use higher valors, for me between 1750 and above resulting many times in pictures that look like weird cartoons. Also if you use too low valors for sharpening you'll get flat weird pictures. When you enhance pictures with lightroom, snapseed, etc it's always used sharpening along with contrast and tones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6256322

Just thought I'd throw camstellar Into the mix . Mainly a night shooter but knocks out pretty decent daytime photos too . Not as bloated as some versions either so ideal if you don't want too many things to adjust ...

Camstellar v4

Reactions: stephtban and pnin

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Xiaomi Mi A1
A couple of weeks ago, a friend passed me this mod: it's the premium BSG reworked and improved. Since that day it's the only GCam I use; the results are the best I've ever seen in photography in the Poco X3 NFC, you'll see what this phone is capable of. The mod has 400+ options to configure, including ram patcher and original libpatcher, and the best custom libs. You can build your own configuration, but I strongly recommend the shared xml to get the absolute best results. Wide, macro & selfie are perfect too and the use of sabre in enhanced zooms is fantastic. Video is well configured with the right session number in all lenses, it's perfect and stable. For front cam video maybe you'll have to disable EIS temporaly (remember to enable it again). What I couldn't make work is slow motion and time lapse. Remember to load the shared xml that goes in the folder /GCam/BSG. This is surely the GCam you've been expecting, so enjoy it!
UPDATE: I have added three more additional xmls that also gives great photos, although the main one is still my favorite with superb results. Enjoy!

Hi, I tried the BSG mod. Photos are looking great. There is an issue with video. I see it already while recording on the screen that the movement are stuttering. And so is the recording. Tried with 30 / 60 Frames and 4k on / off.

I'm using BSG Premium_8.1.MOD.xml

Do I have to change some settings?

vanpoko

Dec 2, 2020
Hi, I tried the BSG mod. Photos are looking great. There is an issue with video. I see it already while recording on the screen that the movement are stuttering. And so is the recording. Tried with 30 / 60 Frames and 4k on / off.

I'm using BSG Premium_8.1.MOD.xml

Do I have to change some settings?
For the Poco X3 there're two customs sessions for video in the BSG mod: 61444 & 32772. Check here:

I configured it with the 61444 one, you could try the other:
Go to settings--->additional modules settings----> First lense id=0 ----->video streams configs-----> change the number for 30 and 60 fps to 32772

For me in latest MIUI and android 11, both configs work OK.

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Xiaomi Mi A1
For the Poco X3 there're two customs sessions for video in the BSG mod: 61444 & 32772. Check here:

I configured it with the 61444 one, you could try the other:
Go to settings--->additional modules settings----> First lense id=0 ----->video streams configs-----> change the number for 30 and 60 fps to 32772

For me in latest MIUI and android 11, both configs work OK.
Thank you. Now that's much better.

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip
Google Pixel 6
I'm using BSG Premium_8.1.MOD.xml with BSG Premium 8.1 gcam. EIS (video stabilisation) doesn't appear to be working. I've compared the stabilisation results with NGCam 7.4.
I've tried enabling video stabilisation OIS and video stabilisation, however, the results are the same - no stabilisation.

If your video stabilisation is working, please post your settings. Thanks.

vanpoko

Dec 2, 2020
I'm using BSG Premium_8.1.MOD.xml with BSG Premium 8.1 gcam. EIS (video stabilisation) doesn't appear to be working. I've compared the stabilisation results with NGCam 7.4.
I've tried enabling video stabilisation OIS and video stabilisation, however, the results are the same - no stabilisation.

If your video stabilisation is working, please post your settings. Thanks.
You're right, video isnt's the best that the BSG mod offers; I don't use that option, I prefer the Xiaomi apk with the EIS on. Others 8.xxx Gcams like latest Parrot 8.2, NGcam 8.1, etc... they have great video. But what I'm really interested is photography and for that BSG offers pure magic.

markoscouse

May 13, 2016
You're right, video isnt's the best that the BSG mod offers; I don't use that option, I prefer the Xiaomi apk with the EIS on. Others 8.xxx Gcams like latest Parrot 8.2, NGcam 8.1, etc... they have great video. But what I'm really interested is photography and for that BSG offers pure magic.
Premium? Do you mean you paid for a GCam and the XML?

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Xiaomi Mi A1
Which one is a decent XML for Nikita 8.1 ?

Is there at least one mod with xml which is ok for photo and video? This hole gcam mod scene is a complete mess. Countless mods and thousands xml but all of them have major flaws. BSG Premium_8.1.MOD makes great photos. But camera stabilization is terrible.

Last edited:

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip
Google Pixel 6
Which one is a decent XML for Nikita 8.1 ?

Is there at least one mod with xml which is ok for photo and video? This hole gcam mod scene is a complete mess. Countless mods and thousands xml but all of them have major flaws. BSG Premium_8.1.MOD makes great photos. But camera stabilization is terrible.
I still use NGCam 7.4 as a main camera app for videos and photos. Everything works, including EIS. Using ngcam_2.0_final_v3.xml
I will continue to do so until I find a worthy replacement for this great camera and XML combo.

Reactions: pnin

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
I still use NGCam 7.4 as a main camera app for videos and photos. Everything works, including EIS. Using ngcam_2.0_final_v3.xml
I will continue to do so until I find a worthy replacement for this great camera and XML combo.
Could you share the app and config files?

The app crashes with I try to use the front camera to record a video.

NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng.apk is the one I tried

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip
Google Pixel 6
I just tested NGCam 7.4 video recording
Could you share the app and config files?

The app crashes with I try to use the front camera to record a video.

NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng.apk is the one I tried
I've just tried recording video using front camera on NGCam 7.4 and it failed (black screen). 😔
I've never, ever tested until I saw your post. BSG 8.1 front camera records video just fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, here goes what technically is the masterpiece of all GCams, the latest BSG's private version. First, if you have installed the premium MOD and you want to try this one, you don't need to uninstall anything; both are compatible and you can have the two BSGs installed. In this mod everything that I have tested works OK, even slow motion in HD. About the xmls, they can be loaded from any folder, although the apk uses its custom folder inside Downloads, so when it's created better move all the xmls inside that folder.

Download the apk from here:

UPDATE: added the zip BSG_ONE_PV4.zip. It contains the main xml and the lib Google 8.1.200.so. All the xmls work with both the default google lib and the modified, so you can try both of them or stay with the default; it's very easy to change libs: just go to the configuration and in the custom libray section you can load, change, restore default, etc libraries. I personally like more the modified one, I find better light and colors in the Google 8.1.200 lib.

NOTE: I've reuploaded BSG_ONE_PV4.zip as there was a problem with EIS that now it's solved and video stabilization works ok in the reworked BSG_ONE_PV4.xml.

UPDATE: Added 2 new xmls for you to experience: kalamazoo_PV4.xml & rainmaker_PV4.xml.
    Hi All, wanted to share my findings with the community. These are purely my personal preferences and opinions. I also have an iPhone XR and use that as a baseline.

First I am mainly interested in skin tones, I personally feel we are all very attuned to skin tones and that's the best way to get a feel for a camera's quality.

For things like plants, flowers, landscapes, buildings and objects sometimes it becomes very difficult to tell even poor and good cameras apart.

So lets begin. All this is on MIUI stock 12.0.3 ROM. I will focus on the main and selfie camera. Haven't tested video or the wide lens.

The Stock Camera
    The stock camera is decent but has a reddish brownish skin tone. On zoom in many situations you will see smudging. Its also not sharp. The selfie camera suffers from the same problems only more accentuated. Very smudgy, too much contrast, reddish brownish tone and overall lack of clarity and detail. In low light the problems become more accentuated.

Nikita 7.4 2.0 with Vanpoko's config V3
    Thanks to vanpoko for coming out with various configs for this. This camera is really extraordinary sharp on objects and color is also decent for objects. However its way too sharp for human subjects and gives an unnatural look. Skins tone also look unnatural. The selfie camera is oversharpened and unnatural - its unusable. The sharpening is extreme and skin tones just look off.

The next 2 are from the Poco X3 camera thread on 4pda. There are more than 650 pages on that thread and I used Google translate to read some of them. There are a lot of configs, versions, differing opinions, samples to wade through.

BSG 8.1 GVq
    This one is quite good out of the box. If you have a pet you will get fantastic pictures out of the box with BSG with proper color, detail, sharpness and proper definition on the eyes. Its way way better than stock and in some cases beats my iPhone XR for pets. The colors are on point though some may find it a bit faded. Skin tones are well represented in both good light and low light situations. There is details and none of the smudging you see on the stock. The selfie camera is also good for skin tones, again some may find this slightly washed out but the details are well captured. A simply brightening and contrast in the default image editor will dramatically improve the image for most tastes.

This camera is extremely good for pets. This is on out of the box config. For main lens in the settings I used Pixel4 for both HDR+ and AWB correction. These settings are in settings -> additional modules settings -> settings back lens. For selfie camera I found Samsung T2 AWB gave the best colors. This is in settings -> additional modules settings -> settings front lens -> awb correction. For the custom library I used Lib r1_01_Final - the skin tone colors are slightly better here than the default Google lib. There are many other BSG versions on the 4pda thread but I found the GVq versions shared there worked well. Its available on celsoazevedo Gcam site. Its the 8.1.101_A9_GVq one.

Aspen 8.1.200 and 8.1.011.194
    There is not much discussion on this Gcam mod on XDA or on celsoazevedo. Both along with BSG are highly rated on the 4pda thread. I found 8.1.200 nearly as good as BSG, just a slightly different color tone. Its also nearly as sharp as BSG. For the Selfie camera, some may find this better than BSG. Unfortunately the apks and configs are only available in the 4pda thread. The best library I found for color accuracy was 1.8re which many on the thread recommend. Like BSG the Aspen 1.8.200 is much better for skin tones, pets and many other things than the stock cameras.

The 8.1.011.194 version is extremely similar to the 8.1.200 version. Its slightly less sharp I found for pets and skin tones, and the selfie is just slightly, very slightly more natural looking. Again this is with lib1.8re. The other popular lib is 1.9final and I found 1.8re is generally better for skin tones on the front camera. The main camera is quite similar. On Aspen default AWB on gives a cooler more 'pastely' color tone but you can put it off to get a slightly warmer more accurate tone closer to BSG.

The 4pda thread is very confusing but for Aspen the bulk of the posts, configs and apks is shared by user Paradisoko. There are also a lot of useful posts and real world comparisons by both paradisoko and hulksvs on Aspen 8.1 and BSG. Thanks to both of these users and the 4pda community for providing a mod that improves the Poco default camera. One thing to note is Aspen does not support the wide camera while BSG does. I haven't tested much video but BSG records 1080p stabilized.

I think most users will find BSG 8.1 a good alternative to the stock cam. It works well out of the box for the X3 and I personally think colors are extremely accurate and skin tone and details is perhaps as good as the camera hardware allows. Aspen 8.1.200 is also worth trying, its very good, and you can install and use both together. Hope this was useful to users here.
    Hi everyone. I'm using the new Poco X3 since yesterday and it's a blast. Do you know of any GCam port available for this phone?
    I present to you the Google Camera which focuses on natural/realistic photography. Config by me. APK based on MGC v8.1.101 A9 GVb1 by BSG.

Description:
    - I was tired of seeing oversharpened XMLs for Gcam with excessive use of HDR effect (wider dynamic range than it really is & too much light in photos). I have Nokia 808 Pureview as my backup device which is known as a camera beast. I think that it's processing of photos is the most natural out of all the phones out there. I wanted to achieve the goal to have Poco X3 with the same photo processing as Nokia 808 Pureview. So this Gcam is more focused on hardware than on software photo processing. I will give you a little teaser. Here is the comparison between this Poco X3 Gcam mod & Nokia 808 Pureview (you can ignore contrast artifacts which are fixed):

Poco X3:

Nokia 808 Pureview:

Compared to stock camera & some other Gcam mods, this Gcam offers:
    + better color reproduction
    + better choice of automatic white balance
    + no oversharpening (still has more sharpening than Nokia 808 lmao)
    + finer details
    + low noise
    + good enough & realistic dynamic range
    + real amount of light in photos (in amount of which sensor allows; f.e it's not possible for this sensor to obtain enough amount of light in night)

Cons:
    - worse dynamic range in more complex scenes (because no HDR effect is used) [complex scene example: you're taking a photo of open window with a lot of light]
    - less light in some objects in more complex scenes (same as above)
    - too strong contrast (sensor limitation, not an app issue)
    - white balance is not always perfect, it can miss white balance indoors, especially when artificial light (bulb, LED) is used
    - ultrawide camera has more saturation than it is in reality, but the other colors are perfectly rendered (fixable)
    - you have to constantly disable AWB If you want better white balance for macro camera as it's not possible currently to choose AWB for individual camera sensors
    - slower camera switching (could be because of APK, also could be the ROM issue)
    - slower photo taking (because I focus on maximum picture quality, I did set the HDR+ Enhanced frames to 48 frames. If you want faster photo taking, use HDR+ instead with some miniscule degradation in photo quality)

Most of these cons are also in other camera softwares, some of them are sensor limited, i just listed all cons that I could find.

Download links:
    - APK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10m0QvpaJK-H1ZhiHerxN4GoPUrrBkfLd/view?usp=sharing
    - SlibP lib: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RjklqejM3lpro3V6Jn1nlzAqh305aCfL/view?usp=sharing
    - XML: https://drive.google.com/file/d/182DNsPdyDQ2f9Zl0B1FwDKoT4O9ZB1l2/view?usp=sharing

Instructions:
    1. Download & install APK
    2. Download SlibP.so lib & let it stay in Downloads folder
    3. Download my XML & in Gcam double tap the empty space where shutter button is located. Pop up window will appear, just select the downloaded XML
    4. In Gcam settings select option "Custom library" than click "Load custom lib" where you will select the downloaded SlibP.so lib.

That's it, enjoy!