Gcam for Redmi Note 8 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

trasto_racing

Oct 17, 2011
The latest version of the @fu24 gcam is functional.
Found here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80266565&postcount=378

Edit:
The gcam works, the photo makes it, even with the wide angle, but the hdr+ doesn't work. There is no difference between taking a photo with the hdr+ deactivated, hdr+ activated and hdr+ enhanced.
Let's see if any dev can run the hdr+ on this device..... @fu24

Last edited:

Plumplum88

Jul 1, 2012
The latest version of the @fu24 gcam is functional.
Found here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80266565&postcount=378

Edit:
The gcam works, the photo makes it, even with the wide angle, but the hdr+ doesn't work. There is no difference between taking a photo with the hdr+ deactivated, hdr+ activated and hdr+ enhanced.
Let's see if any dev can run the hdr+ on this device..... @fu24

On Note 8 Pro "global" version...

Pro :
- it works
- this version is able to recognize wide angle and macro with proper settings
- panorama and photosphere seems to be available

Cons :
- photos are worst than stock application
- front camera is recognize as 5MP
- choosing video leads to crash
- night mode and portrait mode aren't available

I probably will try other versions to help in the future...

Styleshman

Dec 8, 2012
Lahore
forum.xda-developers.com
On Note 8 Pro "global" version...

Pro :
- it works
- this version is able to recognize wide angle and macro with proper settings
- panorama and photosphere seems to be available

Cons :
- photos are worst than stock application
- front camera is recognize as 5MP
- choosing video leads to crash
- night mode and portrait mode aren't available

I probably will try other versions to help in the future...

Reason for recognizing front cam as 5MP is that its a 20MP snapper with pixel binning so the output with GCam will always be 5MP (20/4) untill the developer tweaks this.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Although MediaTek chipsets are not bad as per my personal experience with them but they always lack a developers community.
Same is the case happening with Redmi Note 8 Pro. We all know that GCam brought wonders to Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro with the GCam ports but with Redmi Note 8/8 Pro lineup we can only take benefit of GCam port with only regular variant i.e. Redmi Note 8. Everyone wishes to play with new 64MP sensor with GCam on it but not the developers community. Sad for everyone of us who has the Redmi Note 8 Pro or is planning to own one (like me).

Reactions: tze_vitamin
No GCam camera for Redmi Note 8 Pro. The MediaTek processor does not support this software. :(
That's not true.
Processor like any other..to early , developers are working on Gcam.. ROMs..
Also, I install yesterday first Gcam that developers realised.. two versions..so..?

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Reason for recognizing front cam as 5MP is that its a 20MP snapper with pixel binning so the output with GCam will always be 5MP (20/4) untill the developer tweaks this.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Although MediaTek chipsets are not bad as per my personal experience with them but they always lack a developers community.
Same is the case happening with Redmi Note 8 Pro. We all know that GCam brought wonders to Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro with the GCam ports but with Redmi Note 8/8 Pro lineup we can only take benefit of GCam port with only regular variant i.e. Redmi Note 8. Everyone wishes to play with new 64MP sensor with GCam on it but not the developers community. Sad for everyone of us who has the Redmi Note 8 Pro or is planning to own one (like me).

With Redmi note 8 pro and Mediatek Chip, developers will pay attention to this chip.. Xiaomi will sold a lot of this phone so.. also between them will be developers.. Kernel source is realised..
When I buy Redmi note 7 in April, I wait couple months for first custom ROMs.. now we have it a lot..
Also ,after some time , RN8 pro will get it to also..

That's not true.
Processor like any other..to early , developers are working on Gcam.. ROMs..
Also, I install yesterday first Gcam that developers realised.. two versions..so..
Devlopers released what do you mean that some dev working on this phone ????
Where i can follow the development???
Please reply!!!!

Join to Lineage OS development team or install Gcam and in settings you have options were they looking for fools like you.

girishjangir7

Jun 28, 2017
Bengaluru
Join to Lineage OS development team or install Gcam and in settings you have options were they looking for fools like you.
Can we expect lineage os in future for this device????
Please reply

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

By the where is that lineage os development group, I am not able to find it?
Please help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts